Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Any reason in particular Marvel Universe Mystique costs like 30 bucks on eBay? Some of these old figures like Electro and Human Torch are pretty expensive.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Pretty sure its because they are cool and Marvel Universe distribution sucks nuts.

Actually, speaking of which, if anyine wants an Electro I will gladly trade/sell it. I just bought the silly thing on sale because Storm needed some electricity bolts.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
So you would be selling him... boltless?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Ka0 posted:

So you would be selling him... boltless?

Ehhh I could trade it complete for a figure I actually give a crap about like Thanos, Deadpool, Namor, Cable, Cyclops (Wolverine Origins version), or Secret Wars Hulk.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No Duke up in Canada yet, phoned my local comic place, Galaxy Comics here in Winnipeg and the guy said no. Blech, it's not showing up on BigBadToyStore either yet, so not sure how that ToysRUs got em.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Vintersorg posted:

No Duke up in Canada yet, phoned my local comic place, Galaxy Comics here in Winnipeg and the guy said no. Blech, it's not showing up on BigBadToyStore either yet, so not sure how that ToysRUs got em.

I've noticed TRU gets certain NECA things in the actual stores a bit sooner than other places (They are aren't even available to ship online at TRU.com yet). I got Predator Series 1 at TRU about 2 weeks before any online place was shipping them out. Same with other figs too, I spotted the new Freddy Krueger, Bulletstorm, Crysis 2 and Assassin's Creed 2 figures at TRU before I saw them available anywhere else.

NECA seems to have a pretty good relationship with TRU, they get good amounts of the figures in, and get some pretty awesome exclusives (and exclusive re-releases) in as well.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of NECA and TRU, when is the new Predator figure series supposed to be out? I needs me my Elder Predator/Masked classic Predator/Predator hound. :colbert:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of NECA and TRU, when is the new Predator figure series supposed to be out? I needs me my Elder Predator/Masked classic Predator/Predator hound. :colbert:

They should be out in late July. They go into production and ship in June, so by the time they get shipped over and distributed, it will be about late July. Remember last year when series 1 got released? It will pretty much be the same time this year for series 3.

They were supposed to be out in March/April, but having to move the production over to the new factory(to have better QC standards), and combined with having to make figures that had to be made to meet certain dates first (Crysis, Scream, Duke, etc.) really delayed 'em. Plus they chose to produce and release the 1/4th Classic Preds first, so that delayed them even further.

But luckily in September/October series 4 with City Hunter and 2 Lost Predators comes out, followed by series 5 in November/December and series 6 in January/February, to complete the Lost Hunters Clan.

The Gort Mask exclusive of Classic is gonna be at SDCC, but should be avalailble for pre-order at some stores, or at NECA's Amazon store after the con.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I just scored big time-- my local target just restocked with the latest wave of Marvel Universe, and I got all the things I was looking for. Additionally, I got a Cable with the optional baby. I wanted Cable but I have zero attachment to this baby variant. If anyone wants to trade, pm me or email me at frictiony at yahoo dot com.

edit: checked out ebay, and apparently the babyless variant is more valuable. Makes no sense to me, as the baby version lets you switch between the two, but hey whatever.

Why cookie Rocket fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 13, 2011

Vaerai Archon
Jan 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does anyone know if Mattycollector has re-issued the Masters of the Universe Classics Battlecat recently or plans to?

I picked up a few of the DC Universe vs Masters of the Universe two packs and I wanted a battlecat to go along with some of the figures.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I just scored big time-- my local target just restocked with the latest wave of Marvel Universe, and I got all the things I was looking for. Additionally, I got a Cable with the optional baby. I wanted Cable but I have zero attachment to this baby variant. If anyone wants to trade, pm me or email me at frictiony at yahoo dot com.

edit: checked out ebay, and apparently the babyless variant is more valuable. Makes no sense to me, as the baby version lets you switch between the two, but hey whatever.

What are you looking for? I have a very few still on cards, but most of mine are loose. I found Apocalypse, Gladiator, and First Appearance Wolverine at Walmart on Thursday.

I also have like five Deadpools open, so if you are interested in one of them, let me know.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I had a lot of hope that the smaller Green Lantern movie figures would be good, especially after seeing the Iron Man/Thor figures, but the Green Lantern figures are terrible.

edit: Also, I miss the days when you could get a 7.5" figure for under $12. As much as I'd love to pick up some Blackest Night figures, it's hard to justify $16-$18.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 14, 2011

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Scored the entire MU Wrecking Crew from eBay for 20 bucks. Now I'm just waiting for my Enchantress to arrive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Corbet posted:

I had a lot of hope that the smaller Green Lantern movie figures would be good, especially after seeing the Iron Man/Thor figures, but the Green Lantern figures are terrible.

Agreed. I was at Target earlier and the MU, Iron Man, Thor and Cap lines are all excellent while the GL line is just terrible.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Agreed. I was at Target earlier and the MU, Iron Man, Thor and Cap lines are all excellent while the GL line is just terrible.
Wait, the Cap movie figures are out?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, the Cap movie figures are out?

I haven't seen them anywhere yet... I want that Captain Britain!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

I haven't seen them anywhere yet... I want that Captain Britain!
I haven't even seen pictures of the movie figures. :(

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I haven't even seen pictures of the movie figures. :(

Series 1

Series 2 with other stuff

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

They're out in some places. I've seen Bucky-cap but it comes with the most ridiculous push-blades-shield and it looks like Cap is holding a weird-painted tire:

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Ka0 posted:

They're out in some places. I've seen Bucky-cap but it comes with the most ridiculous push-blades-shield and it looks like Cap is holding a weird-painted tire:

It's kinda like tradition that cap get goofy poo poo gimmick shields at this point :allears:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well those are a pretty huge disappointment. :(

The only reason I cared about the Cap movie toys was the possibility of getting a WWII Cap, and then a bunch of crazy (pseudo) Nazi soldiers with insane super-science weapons for him to fight. Like, I wanted guys with obviously Wehrmacht helmets packing flamethrowers and rayguns and oversized missile launchers and poo poo to face off with Captain America with a Thompson SMG or whatever.

Instead we're getting 5902 different versions of Cap. Like, that poo poo made sense with the Iron Man 2 stuff because Tony Stark is known for making a thousand different armor variations with various specialties, but milking the Cap toyline for a hojillion different versions of Cap and not offering a single villain figure for the first 2 waves is idiotic.

Like, these are toys ultimately meant for kids, right? What's the point of offering 40 different versions of Cap and no one for him to fight? At least with GI Joes you get Joes and Cobra, or Transformers get Autobots and Decepticons, and Star Wars toys get good guys and bad guys. That way kids can, you know, play with them.
These Captain America toys are going to warm the pegs harder than the Iron Man 2 toys did (and in many places, still do).

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 14, 2011

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vaerai Archon posted:

Does anyone know if Mattycollector has re-issued the Masters of the Universe Classics Battlecat recently or plans to?

I picked up a few of the DC Universe vs Masters of the Universe two packs and I wanted a battlecat to go along with some of the figures.

I wanna say they just reissued it back in March or so, your next chance at it will probably be when they do their Christmas "everything is back in stock" sale. He goes fuckin fast every time I see him on their site though.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

things

Did you honestly expect them to make nazi toys for children? Hasbro cannot even produce pointy plastic toys, or very small parts. I'm still holding out for a good Red Skull figure though.

These are my newer acquisitions:

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

valid arguments

I knew I had seen pictures of other figures, so I dug around MN and found these:

Red Skull

HYDRA goons

Checking ebay it looks like the Red Skull is out, although he's probably shortpacked, but the HYDRA guys aren't and as far as I know there's no date for them yet. Getting two bad guys in two waves, even if you've got some faceless thugs waiting in the wings, is pretty balls.

I agree with you, I've never understood the idea of making a million different versions of a line's main character at the expense of other figures, which is something toy companies have been doing for years. Neither kids nor collectors want a shitload of goofy rear end Captain Americas or Thors with dumb gimmicks; they want a good representation of the main character, some backup for him, and bad guys to fight. I remember during the Toybiz Marvel days, when there'd be rows upon rows of Spider-Man in aquatic armor or space armor or missile firing armor, and they would reissue these loving things with every wave and they'd all just sit there clogging shelves. You know who was a bitch and a half to find? Every single villain, and any comic-inspired Spider-Man.

There's still a glut of worthless Iron Man 2 figures around here, and between Thor, Captain America, & Green Lantern, I get the feeling that action figure aisles are going to be stagnant for a while (especially if your stores are like mine and they confuse movie toys with Marvel Universe figures and won't restock the latter until enough of the former have sold).

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 14, 2011

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I'm glad I never got into collecting the 3 3/4" comic figures, it sounds like certain ones can be really hard to find, and I can see my self wanting to collect them beacuse alot of them do look really cool. So far the only one I've ever succumbed to and bought was the Carnage from the 3 3/4" Spider-Man line.

Aside from Star Wars and GI Joe, I'm more of a 6" to 7" scale collector, and I've been really liking the Marvel Select movie figures. The Iron Man 2 movie figures from them are great, and I like 'em better than the 6" Hasbro ones. And I just picked up the new movie Thor and Loki figures this week, and they are excellent too. I was really impressed with the clean paint work mine had.

I'm really looking foward to the Cap and Red Skull coming out soon, they look really cool and will look great with the rest of the Marvel Select movie figures:

Cap:

Skull:

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 14, 2011

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Red Skull looks awesome, but Cap looks like a fat asian man.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ka0 posted:

Did you honestly expect them to make nazi toys for children? Hasbro cannot even produce pointy plastic toys, or very small parts. I'm still holding out for a good Red Skull figure though.
Hasbro did it with the Indiana Jones figures. They did a whole bunch of troop-builder Nazi German and Soviet figures, and there was even a vehicle pack with the German soldier on the motorcycle from 'The Last Crusade'. This SDCC Hasbro is doing an exclusive multipack with a bunch of figures that didn't see retail, like the German Mechanic and Toht. Point is, the Indiana Jones line had a pretty reasonable assortment of good guys and then bad guys for those good guys to fight. Iron Man... we only got 3 "bad guy" figures from the movie itself - the air drone (TRU multipack exclusive), Whiplash (who barely saw distribution) and the ground drone (which also barely saw distribution).
Other than that the other bad guys were either from the prior movie (Iron Monger) or were from the comics (Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo).

Point is, they're releasing movie tie-in figures for a movie about Captain America punching bad-guy Germans in the face while those bad guys use crazy WWII super-technology or whatever, but the figures they're releasing don't actually include any bad guys. It's, uh, kinda retarded.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I could do some badass Joe customs with that Red Skull body.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Is Hasbro going to make a 6" movie Captain America, by any chance? I know there may be a chance when Marvel Legends return next year, but I saw they made a few 6" figures for Iron Man 2. I love the movie Cap costume (it blends my favorite aspects of all the different era costumes), but I don't collect any of the 3 3/4" stuff and the Marvel Select version will be way too tall for my DC Direct/DCUC/Marvel Legends display.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Is Hasbro going to make a 6" movie Captain America, by any chance? I know there may be a chance when Marvel Legends return next year, but I saw they made a few 6" figures for Iron Man 2. I love the movie Cap costume (it blends my favorite aspects of all the different era costumes), but I don't collect any of the 3 3/4" stuff and the Marvel Select version will be way too tall for my DC Direct/DCUC/Marvel Legends display.

There were images of the actors next to their respective Thor and Captain America 6" scale Hasbro figures from this years toy fair. As far as I know they haven't been given a release date. The only thing I can think of is the same conclusion you came to, that they will be released when the 6" Marvel Legends come back in 2012. (Right in time for the Avengers movie to be out as well.)

Here's the images: http://www.figures.com/forums/news/12548-tf2011-thor-captain-america-movie-6-figures.html

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The MU Apocalypse is awesome. Now I need to build an X-Men team to fight him. Maybe I'll snag that 35th Anniversary pack at TRU.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

The Rage posted:

Now I need to build an X-Men team to fight him. Maybe I'll snag that 35th Anniversary pack at TRU.

That sounds cool, but I couldn't find it on their website. Do you have a link?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I've seen a bunch of those, and bought one.

1. Be very very careful when buying one, the paint apps are a "lesser of all evils" situatuon. Basically, figure out which two characters you absolutely must have with good paint apps, then settle for a set that has them. My Wolverine and Nightcrwler look like a 5-year-old painted them, but I got the only non-jacked Storm in the TRU (out of TEN of the goddam things).

2. What all is different in the variant version? I know Nightcrawler is partially transparent purple, but what else?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I've seen a bunch of those, and bought one.

1. Be very very careful when buying one, the paint apps are a "lesser of all evils" situatuon. Basically, figure out which two characters you absolutely must have with good paint apps, then settle for a set that has them. My Wolverine and Nightcrwler look like a 5-year-old painted them, but I got the only non-jacked Storm in the TRU (out of TEN of the goddam things).

2. What all is different in the variant version? I know Nightcrawler is partially transparent purple, but what else?

I didn't even know there was a variant version, I'll have to check all the boxes at my TRU. Whats the non-jacketed Storm?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I mean that out of the 10 sets I saw, 9 Storms had a lot of paint app issues. Even the one I settled for is by no means perfect.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I stopped by my local K-Mart today, and they had the new Cap figures out, as well as the new Transformers movie figures. I would love to have some of these Cap and Thor sculpts in a 6" scale, they do look really nice. I thought about picking up the deluxe class Starscream, but he seems like he'll be really tiny in robot mode.

Also, if anyone is getting them, they had the Green Lantern Movie figures for $6, and seem to be getting in the GL Classics figures too. Kyle was gone by the time I got there, but they had the rest of series 1 there.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

The Rage posted:

The variant set has half clear/purple Nightcrawler, Storm with white accent shading on her costume and Colossus with gold instead of yellow on his costume. I think the others are all the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Jace Madan posted:

I stopped by my local K-Mart today, and they had the new Cap figures out, as well as the new Transformers movie figures. I would love to have some of these Cap and Thor sculpts in a 6" scale, they do look really nice. I thought about picking up the deluxe class Starscream, but he seems like he'll be really tiny in robot mode.

Also, if anyone is getting them, they had the Green Lantern Movie figures for $6, and seem to be getting in the GL Classics figures too. Kyle was gone by the time I got there, but they had the rest of series 1 there.

Yeah the Cap and the Thor figures came out really well.. particularly the joints on the Cap figures.. he's almost nearly at GI JOE levels!

Here is my Ultimate Cap w/ MU Cap's Shield and the rest of the "Avengers"

Also some of GL's 3 inch movie line figures constructs can fit Kyle.. LOL