Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

I've been looking for this movie forever. Does anyone remember a movie that has this scene: Guy is walking through a corridor (maybe a pyramid) and walks into a room, which is decorated very Arabian. Looks out a portal window and sees a floating cube/diamond. Two suns, etc. Old movie like..80's. I think it's Lovecraftian, but I cannot remember anything but that.

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I remember that when the guy walked down the hallway, he opened a door, in the center of the room was a small podium with the Necronomicon or some book on it. The wall behind it was like sand and bone.

VVVV Thanks, I'll look into that but it doesn't seem like it.

Lareous fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 5, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Lareous posted:

I've been looking for this movie forever. Does anyone remember a movie that has this scene: Guy is walking through a corridor (maybe a pyramid) and walks into a room, which is decorated very Arabian. Looks out a portal window and sees a floating cube/diamond. Two suns, etc. Old movie like..80's. I think it's Lovecraftian, but I cannot remember anything but that.

I feel like this might be Dreamscape but I barely remember that movie.

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

Ape Agitator posted:

Sounds like The Lucky Ones, about three soldiers. One is Tim Robbins.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0981072/

That was it. Thanks a lot.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
This one's been bugging me. There's some movie where a woman tells the old joke abut the woman with no arms and no legs on the beach who's never been screwed, and the guy who comes by and tosses her in the ocean and says "you're screwed now, honey!"

I think she tells it at some sort of gathering of people and everyone thinks the joke is hilarious. I think it's a black woman that tells the joke. Probably a late 90's movie, a romantic comedy or something. For some reason I remember this scene distinctly because she says 'screwed' instead of 'hosed' and I'd previously only ever heard the joke as 'hosed'. So maybe the movie is PG-13 because they couldn't say gently caress.

Found it: an Ally McBeal episode. Strange, as I have no other recollection of the show.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 6, 2011

tokillthesunflower
Oct 18, 2009

WHAT DID YOUR FATHER TEACH YOU?
Alright, what I'm looking for is a TV show, but I'm going for it anyway.

It was probably on in the early to mid-90's, possibly on the Disney Channel - it's linked very strongly in my mind to the Alice In Wonderland show that was on back then. It featured a teenage boy who had like a gadget-invention-science lab in his attic, or maybe a tree-house. And he had an owl for a sidekick. I'm almost positive it was an owl. I remember also that he crossed his arms (what seemed to me at the time) oddly, with his thumbs sticking up, like he was holding his armpits. I don't know why I remember that.

Anyway, my mother doesn't remember me ever watching a show like that, and no one my age (26) recalls anything like it either. I'm fairly certain I didn't make this up. It's been driving me batty for years.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

tokillthesunflower posted:

It was probably on in the early to mid-90's, possibly on the Disney Channel - it's linked very strongly in my mind to the Alice In Wonderland show that was on back then. It featured a teenage boy who had like a gadget-invention-science lab in his attic, or maybe a tree-house. And he had an owl for a sidekick. I'm almost positive it was an owl. I remember also that he crossed his arms (what seemed to me at the time) oddly, with his thumbs sticking up, like he was holding his armpits. I don't know why I remember that.

Anyway, my mother doesn't remember me ever watching a show like that, and no one my age (26) recalls anything like it either. I'm fairly certain I didn't make this up. It's been driving me batty for years.

Is this live action or animated? Also, for reference, what country (I'm assuming America)?

Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

tokillthesunflower posted:

The Magician's House? It came out in 1999, the same year as the Alice in Wonderland show (I'm assuming you are talking about the Tina Majorino version).

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
There was a weird live action Alice in Wonderland show on in the daytime on the Disney Channel called Adventures in Wonderland that ran new episodes from '91 to '95. IMDB has this list of Disney Channel stuff check it and see if that helps you out.

tokillthesunflower
Oct 18, 2009

anticake posted:

There was a weird live action Alice in Wonderland show on in the daytime on the Disney Channel called Adventures in Wonderland that ran new episodes from '91 to '95. IMDB has this list of Disney Channel stuff check it and see if that helps you out.

Thanks for that list, I looked through it but nothing caught my eye. For reference, it was live-action and on in America. It may have been PBS and not Disney, fairly sure it's not Nickelodeon. I can't think of another network it would have been on.

And yeah, Adventures in Wonderland is the Alice show I was talking about, I used to love that show.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Maybe the "owl" you're thinking of is not an owl, but a robot with a U-Matic tape and tape hair for a head? It very well could be Wake, Rattle & Roll, which was on in the very early 90s in syndication first, then on the Disney Channel for another season.

Wake, Rattle & Roll Wiki

Syndicated season intro with so-called science lab at the end

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is actually a French film I watched about ~8 years ago. It was late night on TV and I only recall a few plot details but basically this girl is stranded on an island with a mentally retarded guy. They generally go about surviving and she does her best to get along with the guy and make sure she's happy but she starts becoming really depressed, I guess. Uh, I believe the island was actually some old outpost so it had some buildings and supplies already but no working radio, I think.

At some point she tries to have sex with the guy by riding him while he sat on a chair but the guy doesn't really understand and she gets super-depressed/frustrated and runs off. Then she slips on some rocks and bashes her head in just before a rescue force arrives and picks them both up. She's taken to hospital while the mentally retarded guy starts screaming her name and begins weeping for her.

That's all I can remember about it.

No. 1 Space Babe
Jun 16, 2006

i feel good about liverpool fc

XausF1 posted:

This is actually a French film I watched about ~8 years ago. It was late night on TV and I only recall a few plot details but basically this girl is stranded on an island with a mentally retarded guy. They generally go about surviving and she does her best to get along with the guy and make sure she's happy but she starts becoming really depressed, I guess. Uh, I believe the island was actually some old outpost so it had some buildings and supplies already but no working radio, I think.

At some point she tries to have sex with the guy by riding him while he sat on a chair but the guy doesn't really understand and she gets super-depressed/frustrated and runs off. Then she slips on some rocks and bashes her head in just before a rescue force arrives and picks them both up. She's taken to hospital while the mentally retarded guy starts screaming her name and begins weeping for her.

That's all I can remember about it.
Sounds like L'enfant D'eau to me.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Space Cooter posted:

Sounds like L'enfant D'eau to me.

Yessss, that's it! Thanks!

tokillthesunflower
Oct 18, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

Maybe the "owl" you're thinking of is not an owl, but a robot with a U-Matic tape and tape hair for a head? It very well could be Wake, Rattle & Roll, which was on in the very early 90s in syndication first, then on the Disney Channel for another season.

Wake, Rattle & Roll Wiki

Syndicated season intro with so-called science lab at the end

Hoooly poo poo dude, yeah that's it. Totally off on the owl thing, no idea where that came from. THANK YOU, I was seriously beginning to think I'd made the whole thing up.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Not a movie, but either an episode of the Twilight Zone or The Outer Limits. A pilot is testing out some new piece of technology, or happens to fly through a special part of the atmosphere, and ends up going through some sort of barrier. After landing (or maybe crashing) in the desert, he makes it back to the base. At first it seems to him like everyone is frozen in time, but he eventually realizes that they aren't frozen, but rather moving incredibly slowly. He ends up saving a girl, maybe his daughter, from being run over by a runaway truck by chocking its wheels or something like that. There's also some other man in this section of time with him, trying to escape. At the end, I think he ends up flying back through whatever it was that got him in the mess to begin with.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

"The Premontion," Outer Limits.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/155110/the-outer-limits---original-the-premonition

You remembered it pretty perfectly.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

penismightier posted:

"The Premontion," Outer Limits.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/155110/the-outer-limits---original-the-premonition

You remembered it pretty perfectly.

Much obliged!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
This one should be probably 5-10 years old. A women is being held in some sort of facility. She seems to be under some sort of quarantine. People in hazmat suits ignore her questions and I think run some tests. I think the scene ends with them gassing the room. I remember the whole thing is pretty messed up.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

This one sounds a bit like the first part of Species

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Dr_Amazing posted:

This one should be probably 5-10 years old. A women is being held in some sort of facility. She seems to be under some sort of quarantine. People in hazmat suits ignore her questions and I think run some tests. I think the scene ends with them gassing the room. I remember the whole thing is pretty messed up.

Could be Resident Evil.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
OK, I have a weird one:

The movie is from the 70's-80's era (judging by poor picture quality/graininess) and is a horror spoof movie.

The plot is typical teen slasher fare, but I recall that one of the victims was killed by a wooden horse head silhouette. Also, the janitor is mentally challenged and mute, and the butt of a few of the jokes.

In the end it turns out that the movie is all a dream of the main character, where it is revealed that all of the characters in the dream are messed up versions of their real life counterparts. For example the retarded, mute janitor is a well spoken haughty professor.

This movie was cherished by one of my close friends and the only place I ever saw it was at our local lovely rental place.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

CzarChasm posted:

OK, I have a weird one:

The movie is from the 70's-80's era (judging by poor picture quality/graininess) and is a horror spoof movie.

The plot is typical teen slasher fare, but I recall that one of the victims was killed by a wooden horse head silhouette. Also, the janitor is mentally challenged and mute, and the butt of a few of the jokes.

In the end it turns out that the movie is all a dream of the main character, where it is revealed that all of the characters in the dream are messed up versions of their real life counterparts. For example the retarded, mute janitor is a well spoken haughty professor.

This movie was cherished by one of my close friends and the only place I ever saw it was at our local lovely rental place.

This is Student Bodies from 1981.

Student Bodies Wiki

Student Bodies movie review with small plot synopsis

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There's another movie I'm trying to remember and unfortunately I can't recall if it was some lovely Made-for-TV movie or something that hit theaters.

Anyway, I think this was the opening scene: two young kids are playing out in the woods when they come across a car. Some fat guy is trying to kill himself by routing a hose from his exhaust into the car. The two kids watch him for a while before one of the kids decides to "save" the guy or whatever by sneaking up behind the car and taking the hose off the exhaust and running back into the bushes. The suicidal guy gets out, gets confused and puts the hose back on before going back to trying to kill himself. AGAIN, the same kid tries to sneak up to take the hose off but the fat guy notices him this time, gets out, gets pissed, takes the kid and locks him in the car with him while the other kid watches from the bushes completely petrified.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

XausF1 posted:

There's another movie I'm trying to remember and unfortunately I can't recall if it was some lovely Made-for-TV movie or something that hit theaters.

Anyway, I think this was the opening scene: two young kids are playing out in the woods when they come across a car. Some fat guy is trying to kill himself by routing a hose from his exhaust into the car. The two kids watch him for a while before one of the kids decides to "save" the guy or whatever by sneaking up behind the car and taking the hose off the exhaust and running back into the bushes. The suicidal guy gets out, gets confused and puts the hose back on before going back to trying to kill himself. AGAIN, the same kid tries to sneak up to take the hose off but the fat guy notices him this time, gets out, gets pissed, takes the kid and locks him in the car with him while the other kid watches from the bushes completely petrified.

John Grisham's The Client, I believe.

I haven't seen the movie, but that's how the book starts.

Glass Joe fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 11, 2011

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Awesome, that's it! Thanks.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
In advance, I'm sorry this description is so incredibly vague.

Made in the 2000's (I think...)
Feature length Horror, direct to video

Movie opens and closes on a cellar/basement. There's an implication/outright demonstration iirc that time travel occurs in the end of the movie to lead a character to the begining of the movie.

Takes place in a rural area. There may also be a literal nazi/ghost/cult in the movie that the protagonists are trying to avoid. At one point I think their car is surrounded.

Whole Milk
Jan 30, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Trying to find a horror film that I read the summary of but never watched about 5 or 6 years back.

A group of criminals (I believe cow boy bank robbers, but not 100% certain) are hiding out in an abandoned remote house after a big heist. And then poo poo in the house starts to kill them off. I know this sounds really generic but it's all I can remember.

The only other thing I can think of is that one of the still frames on the back of the box was of a really pale humanoid thing with long claws in a really small wooden crawl space. Not sure if that narrows it down.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Another horror film:

I've only seen the trailer for it, but I'd like to watch it. I know I've seen it mentioned in the horror megathread, but that was a while ago and it's buried now.

Basically it involves a group of people being trapped in a hospital and slowly hunted by what I'm pretty sure was demonic forces. The trailer starts with the group in an elevator, everything's normal, then the doors open to reveal the changed hospital (semi-Silent Hillish?).

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Pyrolocutus posted:

Another horror film:

I've only seen the trailer for it, but I'd like to watch it. I know I've seen it mentioned in the horror megathread, but that was a while ago and it's buried now.

Basically it involves a group of people being trapped in a hospital and slowly hunted by what I'm pretty sure was demonic forces. The trailer starts with the group in an elevator, everything's normal, then the doors open to reveal the changed hospital (semi-Silent Hillish?).

That might be Session 9.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

100 Years in Iraq posted:

That might be Session 9.

No, I have Session 9 and it's definitely not that.

EDIT: Found it! Dark Floors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALf--XqkRiI

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 11, 2011

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Whole Milk posted:

Trying to find a horror film that I read the summary of but never watched about 5 or 6 years back.

A group of criminals (I believe cow boy bank robbers, but not 100% certain) are hiding out in an abandoned remote house after a big heist. And then poo poo in the house starts to kill them off. I know this sounds really generic but it's all I can remember.

The only other thing I can think of is that one of the still frames on the back of the box was of a really pale humanoid thing with long claws in a really small wooden crawl space. Not sure if that narrows it down.

The Item maybe?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181602/combined

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

mugrim posted:

In advance, I'm sorry this description is so incredibly vague.

Made in the 2000's (I think...)
Feature length Horror, direct to video

Movie opens and closes on a cellar/basement. There's an implication/outright demonstration iirc that time travel occurs in the end of the movie to lead a character to the begining of the movie.

Takes place in a rural area. There may also be a literal nazi/ghost/cult in the movie that the protagonists are trying to avoid. At one point I think their car is surrounded.

Well, some of the things you mention (time loop, rural area, car surrounded by cult) sounds like John Carpenter's In the Mouth of Madness.

Trailer

HKBGUTT
May 7, 2009

I have only seen a clip from this movie but i will try to describe it as best as i can:

The clip starts with some TV-reporters visiting an old lady, they interview her before they kill her with a gun.
I think the movie was in french but i could be wrong.

I know it is a terribly vague description but if anyone want to take a guess which movie this might be please do.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

HKBGUTT posted:

I have only seen a clip from this movie but i will try to describe it as best as i can:

The clip starts with some TV-reporters visiting an old lady, they interview her before they kill her with a gun.
I think the movie was in french but i could be wrong.

I know it is a terribly vague description but if anyone want to take a guess which movie this might be please do.

Could be Man Bites Dog.

HKBGUTT
May 7, 2009

Thats the one! Thank you!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Probably have asked this here before long ago, but didnt get it identifed.
I think it was an Outer Limits but could have been a made for TV film back in the 70s or early 80s.
It was in a tropical place, constantly sunny and no clouds. And three people enter a cave for some reason, and when they come out they find out that everyone has been turned to white dust/ash. And they realise that the sun 'pulsed' and killed everyone.
Only other thing I remember is that they wore primary color one piece boiler suits and some of them who remained outside ended up with the suit laid out comical on the ground spread eagled and with the white dust at each opening.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

happyhippy posted:

I think it was an Outer Limits but could have been a made for TV film back in the 70s or early 80s.
It was in a tropical place, constantly sunny and no clouds. And three people enter a cave for some reason, and when they come out they find out that everyone has been turned to white dust/ash. And they realise that the sun 'pulsed' and killed everyone.
Only other thing I remember is that they wore primary color one piece boiler suits and some of them who remained outside ended up with the suit laid out comical on the ground spread eagled and with the white dust at each opening.

Where Have All The People Gone?:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072400/

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

happyhippy posted:

A lesser fit, but it could also be Night of the Comet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/)

No. 1 Space Babe
Jun 16, 2006

i feel good about liverpool fc
Ok this is probably really a longshot but does anyone recognize what movie this screencap is from? Sorry that I don't have it in a bigger size. Someone showed it to me because the girl looks exactly like me but either he wouldn't tell me where it was from or he didn't know, I can't remember - so I obviously don't have any information about when it came out or plot or anything like that. I'm just really curious about it and I hope that someone will recognize it. Thank you for your time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Space Cooter posted:

Ok this is probably really a longshot but does anyone recognize what movie this screencap is from? Sorry that I don't have it in a bigger size. Someone showed it to me because the girl looks exactly like me but either he wouldn't tell me where it was from or he didn't know, I can't remember - so I obviously don't have any information about when it came out or plot or anything like that. I'm just really curious about it and I hope that someone will recognize it. Thank you for your time.

I think that's Jessica Lowndes from Autopsy