Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

My goodness.

I haven't even seen this in game (after 90+ hours on a single playthrough...) but now I'll have to search it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Project Nevada rebalance/equipment module package was just uploaded for testing. I'll let you dudes know how it goes.

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.

Mister Bung posted:

My goodness.

I haven't even seen this in game (after 90+ hours on a single playthrough...) but now I'll have to search it out.

As far as I know, the ony way to get one is by killing an NCR Veteran ranger

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
And a quest (Return to Sender)

E:/

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41752

Also updated my pack.

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 11, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Arenovalis posted:

You are the man.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Gyshall posted:

Project Nevada rebalance/equipment module package was just uploaded for testing. I'll let you dudes know how it goes.

Finally, something new to make the game interesting again. Got a link for us?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Arenovalis posted:

Also updated my pack.

You've been busy lately, nice work!

Question for you Gyshall - are the repair and food rebalancing sections of PN modular in that they can be toggled off via the in game menu? I already have IMCNNV and Realistic Repair which I think handles those aspects of the game a lot better.

TehGherkin
May 24, 2008

V!ntar posted:

As far as I know, the ony way to get one is by killing an NCR Veteran ranger

I purchased one from the Gunrunners and IIRC there's one in the Ranger Hideout you can get, as well as salvaged power armour and ranger combat armour

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Finally, something new to make the game interesting again. Got a link for us?

The beta/testing site isn't public, and I'd hate to be "that guy" who was the cause of a 40 page spergfest on the Bethesda forums.

Sheep - I don't know that, I only had a bit of time to play with it before running to work. I want to say yes but I will check tonight.

The Equipment Module has:

Guns:
- Everything from FO3 Weapon Restoration
- Chinese Sniper Rifle (SVD)
- 5mm Submachine gun
- Three shooter
- European Battle Rifle (FN FAL - http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37553)
- .44 Pistol from CFW

Energy:
- Rail Cannon (custom weapon)
- Auto Gauss
- Cryo Revolver
- Gauss Minigun
- Tesla Rifle Prototype
- Flamer Pistol
- Wattz Laser Pistol
- Wattz Laser Rifle
- Plasma Disrupter
- Plasma Repeater

Melee:
- Flag Pole
- Crowbar

Explosives:
- Remote versions of explosives
- Molotov
- Dynamite

Armor:
- Advanced Recon armors
- Armored Dusters
- T57-C Power Armor
- Vault-Tec Power Armor

and some others.

The Core module also got a new update for Explosive Entry - you place explosives next to doors and safes and they actually blow open the door/safe. Haven't had the chance to try this yet, though.

Combat feels pretty good with the rebalance module.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Gyshall posted:

The beta/testing site isn't public, and I'd hate to be "that guy" who was the cause of a 40 page spergfest on the Bethesda forums.

For what it's worth, if you Google "Project Nevada rebalance/equipment module" the third result is a Google project hosting link that has what seems like the update if it was released 19 hours ago, could be wrong though.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah I think that is the same file I have.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gyshall posted:

Sheep - I don't know that, I only had a bit of time to play with it before running to work. I want to say yes but I will check tonight.

The Equipment Module has:

Guns:
- Everything from FO3 Weapon Restoration
- Chinese Sniper Rifle (SVD)
- 5mm Submachine gun
- Three shooter
- European Battle Rifle (FN FAL - http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37553)
- .44 Pistol from CFW

Energy:
- Rail Cannon (custom weapon)
- Auto Gauss
- Cryo Revolver
- Gauss Minigun
- Tesla Rifle Prototype
- Flamer Pistol
- Wattz Laser Pistol
- Wattz Laser Rifle
- Plasma Disrupter
- Plasma Repeater

Melee:
- Flag Pole
- Crowbar

Explosives:
- Remote versions of explosives
- Molotov
- Dynamite

Armor:
- Advanced Recon armors
- Armored Dusters
- T57-C Power Armor
- Vault-Tec Power Armor

and some others.

The Core module also got a new update for Explosive Entry - you place explosives next to doors and safes and they actually blow open the door/safe. Haven't had the chance to try this yet, though.

Combat feels pretty good with the rebalance module.

This is great news. Like I said before, I've recently moved back to playing a fully-modded FO3 with FWE, MMM, WMK and DCInteriors, and it's been making me miss those analogs for NV. The FWE team really hit a sweet spot with their FO3 mod by providing something that could be configured for the whole gamut of casual-to-hardcore players. I've been holding off on another play-through until its official release, to be entirely honest.

Now that Arenovalis / Millenia has basically tackled most of the vanilla guns, and an MMM-clone has been released, it's starting to sound like the perfect time to scrub my old data folder clean and start fresh with a new game. Especially once the bigger mods are patched to work with the slew of DLCs slated to be released in the next few months.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah the only thing I really hope falls into place before I start my next playthrough using Project Nevada is a round of WMX updates for Honest Hearts and the most recent patch.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
By the way, I've updated some OP entries, but I'm curious if there's any consent on cleaning it up a bit. I know it's a pretty daunting list to newcomers, so if there are any mods that should be clipped in order to tone down the clutter, let me know and I'll check them out. I'm looking for mods that are obsolete, haven't been updated in a long time (this will cause problems with DLC compatibility and other "AAA" mods), or are generally small-fry enough that they don't really belong on the OP. Thanks in advance.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Book of Earache has been removed from the Nexus, at least.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Did that guy ragequit like so many others?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

By the way, I've updated some OP entries, but I'm curious if there's any consent on cleaning it up a bit. I know it's a pretty daunting list to newcomers, so if there are any mods that should be clipped in order to tone down the clutter, let me know and I'll check them out. I'm looking for mods that are obsolete, haven't been updated in a long time (this will cause problems with DLC compatibility and other "AAA" mods), or are generally small-fry enough that they don't really belong on the OP. Thanks in advance.

BetterGamePerformance has been causing crashes for several people on the past few pages and hasn't been updated in months.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Chronojam posted:

Did that guy ragequit like so many others?

He got banned for getting a couple of strikes for acting kinda douchy and then BoE contained a bit of content from commercial games like DoDS or Red Orchestra.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

So, I had a fresh install when Dead Money came out, but what should I do to prepare for Honest Hearts? I'm guessing I'll have to wait for NVSE which is gonna drive me crazy, but are there any mods known to be trouble with DLCs, like the one that lets me gain a perk every level, or ones that change the weather like Nevada Skies?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Last time DLC came out, NVSE was updated in hours. Shouldn't be that bad.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arenovalis posted:

He got banned for getting a couple of strikes for acting kinda douchy and then BoE contained a bit of content from commercial games like DoDS or Red Orchestra.

On one hand I'm glad because I don't like earache but in the other I have to roll my eyes at Nexus admins cherry picking again. All the better weapons guys on nexus from dreadwolf to heroinzero use commercial assets and they're lauded for their work. At least I make no bones about where my stuff comes from - and that's why its pretty much SA only.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hey Gyshall, I was just wondering how the equipment from Project Nevada behaves with The Armory. I don't want to give up all those guns just for PN. :(

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I only use the basic Armory ESP, so your mileage may vary. I did take a look at the Nevada ESP and all of the weapons are added via script, so they will most likely not conflict with anything.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Naky posted:

On one hand I'm glad because I don't like earache but in the other I have to roll my eyes at Nexus admins cherry picking again. All the better weapons guys on nexus from dreadwolf to heroinzero use commercial assets and they're lauded for their work. At least I make no bones about where my stuff comes from - and that's why its pretty much SA only.

Actually, their stuff is mostly just custom models originally made for Counter-Strike: Source, I don't recall seeing anything actually from a commercial game.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Arenovalis posted:

Actually, their stuff is mostly just custom models originally made for Counter-Strike: Source, I don't recall seeing anything actually from a commercial game.

HZ had stuff from some earlier UE3 engine games for FO3 for sure, though he may or may not know/realize it, and DW's had some stuff from Call of Duty games but I think he took them down after I called him on it after making a claim to be fully legit. So they have, but I'll give that they do try at least.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Gyshall posted:

Last time DLC came out, NVSE was updated in hours. Shouldn't be that bad.

Speaking of, is anyone else able to sort with FOMM? I can update the load order file (then it crashes after finishing the update and applying it) and I can load the game/NVSE fine but using the sort function crashes it.

:psyduck:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Syrant posted:

Speaking of, is anyone else able to sort with FOMM? I can update the load order file (then it crashes after finishing the update and applying it) and I can load the game/NVSE fine but using the sort function crashes it.

:psyduck:

No, I think it's a known problem. Unfortunately, the guy who made FOMM is busy with something else that he claims is even better.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Captain McStabbin posted:

No, I think it's a known problem. Unfortunately, the guy who made FOMM is busy with something else that he claims is even better.

Well to be fair, it's open source. If you ain't happy with it, fix it yourself.

The same can't be said of most mods and whatnot taken down from Nexus in a spergy fit.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
What perfect timing, what with Honest Hearts adding .45 Auto:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41718

God I love these things. Shame the model is pristine and all but oh well :v:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

What perfect timing, what with Honest Hearts adding .45 Auto:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41718

God I love these things. Shame the model is pristine and all but oh well :v:

That's...gorgeous.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's...gorgeous.

Yeah it's great fun :) The irons are bang on, too. I'm also using this for when I need more than one bullet but still need to keep quiet:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41495

Also it's been a long time since I posted a series or whatever, so here:

Increased wasteland spawns are fun. :3:

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
The baby deathclaw you get from the more perks mod is loving adorable. Does anyone know if the companion perks apply to it?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Anyone else using Classic Fallout Weapons (the FO1/2 version) and having no firing sounds for the weapons? A deagle, a mauser, and more make no sound when fired.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Syrant posted:

Anyone else using Classic Fallout Weapons (the FO1/2 version) and having no firing sounds for the weapons? A deagle, a mauser, and more make no sound when fired.

No, but some guns (the P90 especially) have sounds play twice, and some guns don't even have textures. It's not the most well built mod in the world, but at least it adds a good amount of weapon variety.

By the way, can you turn off Nevada Skies-URWLified without anything loving up? I installed those sky replacement textures but I forget if they overwrite anything or if Nevada Skies keeps them separate or what. I want to make sure not to cock anything up for when Honest Hearts comes out, and I think that it interfered with Dead Money and led to some crashing issues when it tried to change the weather.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I know I couldn't play Fallout 3 without doggles for Dogmeat. Corgis with doggles and other outfits are available for New Vegas now :shobon:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!
Anyone having issues with Arenovalis' retextured 10mm pistol and SMGs showing the default textures in WME?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone know what's up with Anime Schoolgirl? I hope they're alright. :(

(Oh, and I want The Armory 2.0 :blush: Like, seriously, I'm so pumped for that.)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

In The Armory, how do you tell which mods go with which weapon?

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone having issues with Arenovalis' retextured 10mm pistol and SMGs showing the default textures in WME?

As in, the textures work fine when the gun is in your hand but dropping them turns them gray again? I had that for a while, but it started working after disabling and re-enabling archive invalidation in FOMM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Chronojam posted:

I know I couldn't play Fallout 3 without doggles for Dogmeat. Corgis with doggles and other outfits are available for New Vegas now :shobon:

I just remembered why I stopped playing my old FNV saves, and it's because they crashed all the loving time forever. So i'm going to start all over and re-mod from the ground up.

This one gives me a corgi with a helmet and goggles? loving sold.

So that, MAD, More Perks, Monster Mod, URWL, Electro-City, Glow Sticks, World of Pain, Wasteland Defense, NV Bounties 1/2, Existence 2.0, WME and The Armory.

Is all of that compatible with each other? Is there anything cool and obvious that I'm missing? Ideally this runthrough(for my Honest Hearts run) is going to be Lockpicking/Science/Energy Weapons so things that compliment that are ideal.