Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AxeManiac posted:

I think Howard is used to people attacking him verbally by now.

Oh for sure, but Howard taking something personally and screaming about it is one of my favorite things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Like I said before, this is just Howard wishing he could say this to his daughters.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

musclecoder posted:

Like I said before, this is just Howard wishing he could say this to his daughters/Beth.

This is exactly correct.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

musclecoder posted:

Like I said before, this is just Howard wishing he could say this to his daughters.

Is that why he asked Sussi to please not sleep with any black men?

Hi, this is Sal Governale...

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

This is exactly correct.

:) Actually I think in Beth's case, he wants her to do less. Allison was just in the background, Beth is on 10 different shows having her name mis-read.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vakal posted:

I liked Sussi's(sp?) response back to Howard about all of his biking bashing.

If Sussi is the guy who was putting off college to bike around the world, then Howard was 100% right in making fun of him and biking. Bikers are second only to motorcycles as the biggest nuisance on the road and putting off college to ride around on a child's toy is just stupid.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Irish Joe posted:

If Sussi is the guy who was putting off college to bike around the world, then Howard was 100% right in making fun of him and biking. Bikers are second only to motorcycles as the biggest nuisance on the road and putting off college to ride around on a child's toy is just stupid.

I believe he went to college, and before he settled down in with his girl he wanted to do this bike thing. I'm pretty sure his last time in studio he said he felt like he was in a rut, and that there was literally no advancement as far as his current position was concerned.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

-Atom- posted:

I believe he went to college, and before he settled down in with his girl he wanted to do this bike thing. I'm pretty sure his last time in studio he said he felt like he was in a rut, and that there was literally no advancement as far as his current position was concerned.

I know nothing about the entertainment industry, but really, how far can someone go as a lighting guy? And on a radio show to boot.

Howard has a really weird hang-up about people leaving his show, even if they are just technical and not talent.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Vakal posted:

Howard has a really weird hang-up about people leaving his show, even if they are just technical and not talent.

Ding, Ding!

He's such a nut that he feels personally insulted when someone leaves his show their job. I worked for someone exactly like that. It was weird. he paid everyone nothing and treated everyone like poo poo but no matter how much notice or for what reason, or how good of an employee it was, everyone who resigned was immediately asked to leave and basically blacklisted from ever coming back.

The funny thing? People he fired were routinely brought back multiple times. :laugh:

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

musclecoder posted:

:) Actually I think in Beth's case, he wants her to do less. Allison was just in the background, Beth is on 10 different shows having her name mis-read.

Those days are over now that her TV Guide network gossip show is out. It's perfect for people interested in gossip and TV Listings.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Bonzo posted:

I think this is pretty much how his divorce went. Anytime someone has a conflict with Howard he'll bring up the, "well maybe we shouldn't be friends" statement.

Yeah but didn't Allison get married like a couple months after the divorce to some real estate guy?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

chiz posted:

Yeah but didn't Allison get married like a couple months after the divorce to some real estate guy?

According to this it was a couple years.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Howard had a great tweet today, summed up today's show for me in one word: CO-CA-AIN-Eee-a

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Howard has really been on a tear lately about that idealistic American working man and how if you don't work (according to his parameters) then you're a bum.

He's starting to sound like a grandfather. Now his kids need to just get pregnant.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Irish Joe posted:

This is stupid. I'm not remotely a cyclist and equating a primary mode of transportation for many parts of this world to a child's toy is retarded.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

According to this it was a couple years.

Yep, read it thanks for the link.

Was there a reason then, why they split up?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Howard has really been on a tear lately about that idealistic American working man and how if you don't work (according to his parameters) then you're a bum.

He's starting to sound like a grandfather. Now his kids need to just get pregnant.

by black men, after having drank and done drugs.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Crotch Bat posted:

This is stupid. I'm not remotely a cyclist and equating a primary mode of transportation for many parts of this world to a child's toy is retarded.

I didn't think I had to make the distinction between someone using a bicycle for transportation and the people who dress up in neon body stockings and ride five across down the road who treat them like toys. But there you go.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It doesn't matter what type of baby you have whether it be white, black, or Italian

I could listen to that all day.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Digging all the nerdrage on Wolfie's videogame segment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsY9PRTZeg

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

Ragging on Seacrest is getting kind of old, dude makes $55 million across all his ventures and the "king of all media" still trumps that amount by doing like 1/4 of the effort

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Crotch Bat posted:

Obviously you have NO JOB and can't afford a car or a LIMO with a DRIVER.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

scapulataf posted:

Obviously you have NO JOB and can't afford a car or a LIMO with a DRIVER.

And these people walking around all day! Don't they work?! Why would they be out buying stuff in the middle of the afternoon...this country is falling apart!

And video games. Who has time for this?

SKIING FEH LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Can someone tell me if Irish Joe is mocking Howard or just being a jerkoff? I can't tell. I ride my motorcycle than I drive my car so he can go stick his head in a box if he is being serious

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Well apparently he only means cyclists who fall into whatever categories he felt like coming up with such as: wearing strange clothing and riding in groups.

The nerve.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 13, 2011

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
Bababooey doing the hoverhand or getting some of that rear end? I can't tell

hahah hes doing a podcast and sounds exactly like hes talking from his little room to howard
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...p&sct=hp_bf1_a3

I got his book on my shelf and haven't even open it. Somebody give me a review

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 13, 2011

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

The Extrapolator posted:

Bababooey doing the hoverhand or getting some of that rear end? I can't tell

hahah hes doing a podcast and sounds exactly like hes talking from his little room to howard
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...p&sct=hp_bf1_a3

That picture pretty much sums it up.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Why is he still promoting holy poo poo.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

I burst out laughing when scrolling down over that Gary picture. What a face.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

The Extrapolator posted:

He looks like he has plastic hands.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Vakal posted:

He looks like he has plastic hands.

wa wa waxy

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Vakal posted:

He wasn't on the main show exactly, it was just a Lisa G phone news interview spot.

But he said he was aware that Stern was bashing him about the bike/farming thing, and countered that Howard is just jealous that he has nothing that he really enjoys in life and that he is going to die a bitter old man surrounded by his money. (exact words)
http://www.siriusxm.com/howardweb/mp3/51205.mp3 2 minutes in. It wasn't really the super slam I was expecting though

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Ribsauce posted:

http://www.siriusxm.com/howardweb/mp3/51205.mp3 2 minutes in. It wasn't really the super slam I was expecting though

A lot of people get so excited when something remotely negative is said about Howard that they'll always try to make into some EPIC BURN!!! Like how they built up the Dierdre Imus/Beth O guy who used to call in, acting like Howard was bedeviled and utterly flummoxed by him or something. His usual "how dare you..." that he says jokingly in response to any criticism all of the sudden becomes "HOW DARE YOU!?!". It makes them happy.

Leroy
Apr 26, 2003
Oh, I get it.

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Digging all the nerdrage on Wolfie's videogame segment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsY9PRTZeg

The guy talking about Team Fortress 2 actually turned out to be a pretty well known player among that crowd. I linked the youtube on a community forum and a lot of them got upset about being called nerds for some reason.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

The Extrapolator posted:

I got the audiobook, I only got half way through. I realized that I really could care less about Gary's boring childhood.

Either that or I was sick of Gary's voice reading it to me.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

ziglol posted:

I got the audiobook, I only got half way through. I realized that I really could care less about Gary's boring childhood.

and how much less could you care?

and yeah I wouldn't read that poo poo either, who cares.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

But! It has Gary's list of favorite songs from 1970.

Goofing on Gary's lists from a few months ago was seriously one of the funniest segments I heard in a while.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

musclecoder posted:

But! It has Gary's list of favorite songs from 1970.

Goofing on Gary's lists from a few months ago was seriously one of the funniest segments I heard in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoPGTd5wR4s

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

ziglol posted:

I think it was the content. The voice probably made it worse.

Seriously, the book was really boring. Gary's life outside of the show isn't interesting enough to warrant a book. Having a crazy mom doesn't make an interesting book, as "told" by Gary at least.

Gary is a bore as a person, so it makes sense the book would be boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Ya Gary's book was pretty boring.
The 2 main stories that carried the book, his brothers death and his mothers depression, were nothing new to most people who picked it up.
I think the high sales were mainly caused by people thinking it was going to give some inside info about Stern and the show in general.
Imagine the disappointment when they opened it up and found a list of Gary's favorite songs to play on a jukebox.

Speaking of audio books, everyone needs to grab Adams book "In 50 years we will all be chicks." The book is good, but the audio book is 1000x better.