Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Hyosho posted:

you think you're being clever, but they're already pushing for this legislation

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110225/ts_yblog_thelookout/georgia-lawmaker-proposes-classifying-miscarriages-as-prenatal-murder

Note, its the same guy who wrote the bill reclassifying a rape victim as a rape accuser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyosho
May 9, 2006

Orange Devil posted:

This right here is why the US was/is torturing Manning. They needed him to roll on Assange and Wikileaks and it didn't matter if it was factually true or not. In a situation like that, torture can 'work'. Ofcourse the outcome isn't desirable.

Yeah didn't everyone see the Dark Knight? Torture didn't even work for Batman.
\/\/\/

No, but installing an illegal surveillance system in every mobile phone in the city did.

Sort of.

In some way that was never really explained.

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

red19fire posted:

I think it was the same article that 'outed' the show's producer as a Republican, but actual military interrogators commented on how torture doesn't work at all, even in the Inquisition times. But there's a new generation of 18 year old boots coming through interrogator school, thinking that Jack Bauer's methods are the most effective.

A friend of mine recently applied for a job at an intelligence agency and said that he got though one of the rounds of testing by approaching every question in terms of "What would Jack do?"

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

The other problem is that the viewer knows there's a bomb somewhere, because they'll put a bright red countdown timer on the screen at the same time Jack is torturing someone. So the audience gets drawn into "this is horrible, but justified because look, here's a bomb."

If the show was just following Jack around, with no visual proof given to the audience, the viewer would think he's a lunatic, torturing people for a bomb that might not exist.

4...3...2...1...!

"Hey, my burrito is done!"
:toot:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Regarding the torture stuff, here's an interview with a guy named Matthew Alexander, who was in charge of tracking down Al-Zarqawi. He's an outspoken anti-torture advocate.

quote:

The debate is skewed at this point. And one reason why is because we don’t know all the details, and secondly, because a lot is being left out of the conversation. And let me talk a little bit about that. One of the things that people aren’t talking about is the fact that one of the people that was confronted with this information that bin Laden had a courier is Skaykh al-Libi, who was held in a CIA secret prison and was tortured and who gave his CIA interrogators the name of the courier as being Maulawi Jan. And the CIA chased down that information and found out that person didn’t exist, that al-Libi had lied. And nobody is talking about the fact that al-Libi caused us to waste resources and time by chasing a false lead because he was tortured.

The other thing that’s being left out of this conversation is the fact that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed certainly knew the real name of the courier, whose nom de guerre or nickname was Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti. But Khalid Sheikh Mohammed had to have known his real name or at least how to find him, a location that we might look, but he never gave up that information. And so, what we’re seeing is that waterboarding and enhanced interrogation techniques, just like professional interrogators have been saying for years, always result in either limited information, false information or no information.

link

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
I was discussing torture with my dad last night and he conceded that it doesn't provide information unless "there is a bomb about to go off, and you have the terrorist and he won't tell you where it is and thousands of people might die". People seem to love inventing fantastic situations in their heads to justify things. He still agreed that the U.S. shouldn't torture, but he wouldn't admit that it was a bad interrogation technique.

I'm think I'm slowly whittling away his hardened conservative views. He's not really a bigot, and he's not stupid, so I've got a bit to work with. He's got money though, and I think that's the root of his views. He was bitching about taxes recently, and I pointed out to him that he lives an extremely comfortable life. What more does he want? He has it made financially, yet still worries about somebody buying food he doesn't approve with the meager stipend they get with food stamps? Apparently it isn't enough to have more than you need, but you've got to make sure others have less than they need.

Thenipwax fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 13, 2011

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Thenipwax posted:

I was discussing torture with my dad last night and he conceded that it doesn't provide information unless "there is a bomb about to go off, and you have the terrorist and he won't tell you where it is and thousands of people might die". People seem to love inventing fantastic situations in their heads to justify things. He still agreed that the U.S. shouldn't torture, but he wouldn't admit that it was a bad interrogation technique.

It doesn't even provide information in that case. No matter how unlikely it is, if you ever actually had a ticking time bomb scenario then being provided false information to stop the torture is even more wasteful of intelligence resources than usual, since there's precious little time to begin with and all of the time spent chasing down fake leads is a waste of time you desperately cannot afford to lose.

That's the completely crazy thing, is that the insane torture debate has actually led people to think that torture would be a good idea in a ticking time bomb scenario, when in reality it's more harmful than usual in such a situation.

thefncrow fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 13, 2011

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Thenipwax posted:

What more does he want? He has it made financially, yet still worries about somebody buying food he doesn't approve with the meager stipend they get with food stamps? Apparently it isn't enough to have more than you need, but you've got to make sure others have less than they need.

It may be simplistic, but a friend of mine recently said that some people (liberals) can't stand to see people not get what they deserve, i.e. the 9/11 Responder's Bill. Other people (conservatives) can't stand to see people get what they don't deserve i.e. lazy black people on welfare. In my own admittedly limited experience, I've noticed that the more die-hard conservative a person is, the more disdain they have for empathy and those who display it. If you can get a self-identified conservative to express some empathy to begin with, they are surprisingly less hostile and open to dialog.

As you said, your father has no reason to begrudge poor people their food stamps. Obviously the government trying to help them hasn't stopped him from achieving economic success.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

Unzip and Attack posted:

As you said, your father has no reason to begrudge poor people their food stamps. Obviously the government trying to help them hasn't stopped him from achieving economic success.

He doesn't really ever go on about people on food stamps, but I know what his mentality is.

My fiancee was talking about how some single mothers have more and more kids in order to get more bennies from the government. Supposedly an extra 6k or so a kid in tax breaks/benefits. I asked her why the kids should suffer because the parents are dumb, and she didn't have an answer. OK, so there are pieces of poo poo that abuse the system. That means we should let kids that had no say in their birth just starve to death? I've yet to hear a conservative actually have a decent response.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Thenipwax posted:

He doesn't really ever go on about people on food stamps, but I know what his mentality is.

My fiancee was talking about how some single mothers have more and more kids in order to get more bennies from the government. Supposedly an extra 6k or so a kid in tax breaks/benefits. I asked her why the kids should suffer because the parents are dumb, and she didn't have an answer. OK, so there are pieces of poo poo that abuse the system. That means we should let kids that had no say in their birth just starve to death? I've yet to hear a conservative actually have a decent response.

You can start by explaining to her that those "welfare queens" don't exist and are a thing Reagan made up to scare white people into voting for him.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I bet raising a kid costs more than you get from the government for having one. It's not profitable to keep having kids for welfare benefits, but people just assume there's some loophole to be exploited, and that TONS of people are out there exploiting it.

People don't keep having kids on purpose to get more money. They keep having kids because they aren't educated about birth control.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Dominion posted:

You can start by explaining to her that those "welfare queens" don't exist and are a thing Reagan made up to scare white people into voting for him.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I bet raising a kid costs more than you get from the government for having one. It's not profitable to keep having kids for welfare benefits, but people just assume there's some loophole to be exploited, and that TONS of people are out there exploiting it.

People don't keep having kids on purpose to get more money. They keep having kids because they aren't educated about birth control.

Don't forget the 40 year war the right has been waging on reproductive rights.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Dominion posted:

Somewhere between $8,000 a year and $15,000. I worked it out from a couple sources not too long ago (looking into kids myself), and I forget how much of that is coverable by medicaid and WIC. I suppose if medical costs are less than $2k, and you're dirt poor enough to be on several kinds of welfare, and you get the $6k credit thenipwax mentioned above, then MAYBE you might make money? But then you'd be taking care of an infant, which even the most neglectful parent is going to still spend 30 hours a week just straight up feeding and changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night. Doing that for an entire year, to make ~$1k? Really?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

XyloJW posted:

Somewhere between $8,000 a year and $15,000. I worked it out from a couple sources not too long ago (looking into kids myself), and I forget how much of that is coverable by medicaid and WIC. I suppose if medical costs are less than $2k, and you're dirt poor enough to be on several kinds of welfare, and you get the $6k credit thenipwax mentioned above, then MAYBE you might make money? But then you'd be taking care of an infant, which even the most neglectful parent is going to still spend 30 hours a week just straight up feeding and changing diapers and waking up in the middle of the night. Doing that for an entire year, to make ~$1k? Really?

But you see they just have the kid and literally never take care of it or feed it so they are getting that $1K for free!

It's like a Lucky Ducky comic.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Cwapface posted:

I have a totally unrelated question, but I figure here is as good a place on the forums as any to ask it.

Sometimes when people post pictures, like the one quoted, I see them with a thin red border, and they can't be clicked on for enlargement, even though it's obvious they're not at full size in the thread.

What's up with that, and how can I see the image at its proper size?
If you're using Chrome, there's a fix for it here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3201527&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=378#post387668104

Hyosho posted:

It's interesting to note how often torture completely fails in 24. The first guy Jack tortures dies of heart failure without giving up the information he needs, Jack and several other CTU agents resist torture quite effectively (Jack actually dies under torture), he tortures a little blond girl in series 2 and she gives him false information (he figures out she's lying, but not by torturing her).

Sometimes it works, as on Roger Stanton in series 2 (he gives up the information too late for it to be any use and in any case can't act on his confession because he's cut contact with his agents) or when Jack pretends to shoot the family of a terrorist (note here the threat of violence is more effective than violence itself).

The myth that 24 promotes torture is an interesting one, because the overwhelming impression both from watching the show and reading about it (check the first page of google results for "torture in 24" to see the overwhelming consensus) is that it does, and yet even a cursory analysis of the actual plot shows it doesn't.
24 never promoted a single message on torture, and I think you can make a good arguement that the first season ignored torture (except the threat of it) and the second season was largely critical of it. However by season 4 a terrorist literally phones up a sniveling little lawyer for Amnesty Global and sends him to CTU to stop Jack from torturing a guy to give up information on the terrorist, of course this fails and Jack breaks his fingers and gets the info.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 13, 2011

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Thenipwax posted:

I have found that throwing "for the children" on such issues works wonders in having their face and mouth twist up with no response.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's not that they don't like those programs because they believe stuff like that, it's that they believe stuff like that because they don't like those programs.

This is true for just about anything you hear something terrible about that doesn't sound quite right.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Aeka 2.0 posted:

I have found that throwing "for the children" on such issues works wonders in having their face and mouth twist up with no response.

I took a sociology class when I was in college and the professor came off as some type of hippie from the 70s. Shows that looks aren't everything - he was definitely a right-leaning libertarian. He would scoff at the government interfering in people's lives and would always end with "we have to do it... for the children. I mean what about the children?" in a sarcastic tone.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

XyloJW posted:

No, they don't make any money off it. Poor people are too stupid to realize that the government tax credit for having children is less than it costs to take care of the child!

Someone I know has used this exact argument.

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
All those welfare recipients, must be soooo nice for them. Crammed into squalid ghetto hellholes with almost no hope for themselves or their families. One time someone, somewhere, at some point saw someone using food stamps to buy fillet mignon. Therefore everyone on welfare is actually living large and not waking up to a nightmare world of crushing poverty in a neglected "bad" (read: black) part of town every day. Must be nice.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The only moral entitlement is MY entitlement:

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

The only moral entitlement is MY entitlement:

What a loving joke. "Against the wall?" Do people really talk like that?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Rubies posted:

All those welfare recipients, must be soooo nice for them. Crammed into squalid ghetto hellholes with almost no hope for themselves or their families. One time someone, somewhere, at some point saw someone using food stamps to buy fillet mignon. Therefore everyone on welfare is actually living large and not waking up to a nightmare world of crushing poverty in a neglected "bad" (read: black) part of town every day. Must be nice.

People on food stamps only buy steaks and ice cream. I would know this because my sister works with poor people and she told me. This is a terrible shame and food stamps need to be gotten rid of. Poor people are not allowed to have food that tastes good.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
What's better is you get "People buying junk food and candy and unhealthy stuff with food stamps. They're fat because they're lazy and buy bad food." And then you will hear from the same person "People buying fancy organic food on food stamps. Regular food is good enough for the rest of us, you shouldn't get anything special."

It's a direct analogue to George Carlin's "Anyone driving slower than you is a moron and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Pfirti86 posted:

What a loving joke. "Against the wall?" Do people really talk like that?

If LF hadn't closed you could see for yourself.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

XyloJW posted:

What's better is you get "People buying junk food and candy and unhealthy stuff with food stamps. They're fat because they're lazy and buy bad food." And then you will hear from the same person "People buying fancy organic food on food stamps. Regular food is good enough for the rest of us, you shouldn't get anything special."

It's a direct analogue to George Carlin's "Anyone driving slower than you is a moron and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."

I think the best are the people that make the "food stamps should be eliminated because poor people need to learn personal responsibility" and "they shouldn't be allowed to buy junk food on food stamps" arguments.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I had a friend tell me that he hated food stamps because he saw somebody ride up in a 1000$ motorcycle and buy a red bull with food stamps.

He changed the subject when I asked if he knew the person/knew their past? Are they supposed to sell their motorcycle because they got laid off and have no transportation?
Are they supposed to get rid of anything they like because they are on food stamps? Should people on food stamps have to wear potato sacks for clothes before they are allowed to use them?
What should you be able to buy with food stamps? Processed cheese and rice cakes?

The average person against food stamps/welfare/Medicaid doesn't think beyond the initial reaction to someone buying a 1.50$ worth of redbull to wake themselves up, they just shake their fists and go "LAZY PEOPLE!!!!" :argh:

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
A $1000 form of transportation, especially one with no protection from the elements, higher insurance costs, and less safety, is nothing I'd complain about someone driving.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Just to note, in Michigan, Redbull and other energy drinks are not approved for food stamps.

Esteemed Colleague
Apr 12, 2008

I was, I am, I shall be.

the posted:

A $1000 form of transportation, especially one with no protection from the elements, higher insurance costs, and less safety, is nothing I'd complain about someone driving.

Not to challenge your point but motorcycles are usually cheaper to insure than cars; just another reason someone looking to minimize transportation costs might prefer one.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Rubies posted:

It's even better when that person who saw someone buy filet mignon one time was simply making it up and never saw any such thing.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dominion posted:

It's even better when that person who saw someone buy filet mignon one time was simply making it up and never saw any such thing.

This is basically everyone who has ever said this btw

It's just like the homeless guy with a fancy car.

Giant Goats
Mar 7, 2010

lancemantis posted:

This is basically everyone who has ever said this btw

It's just like the homeless guy with a fancy car.

Just like how there's hundreds of people who'll vehemently swear that they met an Arabic kid named Shithead (pronounced Shitheed) or a set of black twins named Lemonjello and Oranjello or a black girl named Chlamydia despite no one by these names ever showing up in a government database, birth announcement, or obituary.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

ratbert90 posted:

Should people on food stamps have to wear potato sacks for clothes before they are allowed to use them?
No, secondhand clothes will do just fine.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

ratbert90 posted:

I had a friend tell me that he hated food stamps because he saw somebody ride up in a 1000$ motorcycle and buy a red bull with food stamps.

Did you mean $10,000? Because $1000 for a motorcycle (assuming that was the retail) is pretty bottom line, I think that even a 125cc Kawasaki (which is basically a step-over scooter) is more than that. Many decent mopeds are more than $1000 new, and I can't imagine anyone thinking that a moped is too good a ride for anyone.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ashcans posted:

I can't imagine anyone thinking that a moped is too good a ride for anyone.

If it's better than a shopping cart, it's too good for someone on food stamps.

GraveyTrain
Aug 30, 2008
I guess I found my way back on my brother's forward list. /sigh

quote:

Robert David Hall is the actor who plays the coroner on CSI.
This should be required reading for every man, woman, and child in the United States of America .

"I'm 63 and I'm Tired"
by Robert D. Hall

I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked hard since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood Entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela .

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Al lah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of U..S.. Senators from Illinois.

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but thinks that Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I #@*# sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military.... Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims, who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the " Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm real tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Robert David Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran.

There is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!

This is your chance to make a difference.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I hate the fact the ability to drive to your job is considered a luxury and not a necessity.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
It's alright, he massacred a village of "VC" in 'Nam, but that was just a youthful mistake.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

GraveyTrain posted:

Yes, I'm real tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making.

"Who gives a poo poo what happens to the world, I'm going to be dead!" The boomer mindset in a nutshell, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I'm not going to pick apart all the bullshit, but I do think it's pretty funny that whoever wrote that email thought about what writer would lend the most credibility and settled on some dude from CSI. George Carlin and Bill Cosby aren't good enough anymore.

Edit: Oh, apparently it's just a different dude with the same name.

The Bunk fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 16, 2011