Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

Fatty Patty posted:

I'm looking for an MMO or just a regular RPG with these criteria:

-highly customizable appearance. Can change color of clothes, hair, and everything else effortlessly.

-no turn-based fighting

-something I can play on PC

-must look decent/good

-if it's a regular RPG, nothing with a party, just an individual based game

Would prefer an MMO, but I am open to suggestions of non-MMOs.

I think APB has relaunched as free to play, if that interests you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
I'm looking for a time sink game, preferably management, strategy or simulation, something spergy with a lot of depth, hidden and/or immediately obvious. Games I've already played and love that fall into this category are those such as Football Manager, Jagged Alliance 2, King of Dragon Pass, X-COM, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Dwarf Fortress, Sim City. Even hardcore immersive games like Silent Hunter with less micro management are cool. Not an exhaustive list obviously but those are some of the games I've put the most time in over the years.

The only reason I ask is I've somewhat laboriously gone through older games in those genres, the tycoon games, the Civ games and their clones, turn-based games, etc, and I'm wondering what else is out there.

Would Paradox's games and their offshoots fall into this category? I played Vicky a bit a few years back, but only because I had my history student friend on hand which helped a great deal. I've been tempted to get Arsenal of Democracy before, but the strict war focus put me off (although it seems similar to the level of depth that Football Manager has - unrivalled for me in most games). Crusader Kings looked intriguing but frankly I couldn't figure out what the gameplay amounted to (I like navigating through dense menus and clicking and poring over things :) )

Pretty tough billing but any offbeat recommendations would be grand. My PC is 2007/8 era so post 2007 fancy gfx are out, anything menu driven, simple or 2006 and before usually runs fine.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 2, 2011

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Harmonica posted:

I'm looking for a time sink game, preferably management, strategy or simulation, something spergy with a lot of depth, hidden and/or immediately obvious. Games I've already played and love that fall into this category are those such as Football Manager, Jagged Alliance 2, King of Dragon Pass, X-COM, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Dwarf Fortress, Sim City. Even hardcore immersive games like Silent Hunter with less micro management are cool. Not an exhaustive list obviously but those are some of the games I've put the most time in over the years.

The only reason I ask is I've somewhat laboriously gone through older games in those genres, the tycoon games, the Civ games and their clones, turn-based games, etc, and I'm wondering what else is out there.

Would Paradox's games and their offshoots fall into this category? I played Vicky a bit a few years back, but only because I had my history student friend on hand which helped a great deal. I've been tempted to get Arsenal of Democracy before, but the strict war focus put me off (although it seems similar to the level of depth that Football Manager has - unrivalled for me in most games). Crusader Kings looked intriguing but frankly I couldn't figure out what the gameplay amounted to (I like navigating through dense menus and clicking and poring over things :) )

Pretty tough billing but any offbeat recommendations would be grand. My PC is 2007/8 era so post 2007 fancy gfx are out, anything menu driven, simple or 2006 and before usually runs fine.

Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms series might be right up your alley. It's more of a console series, but RotTK XI got an English PC release. The series as a whole is difficult to get into but totally engrossing once you do, and is very dense and menu-driven, to a sometimes excruciating extent.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 2, 2011

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Harmonica posted:

Paradox's games are pretty good and I've been playing the heck out of EU3 lately, but if it's any indication a lot of it is "set your sliders and wait for a while until your next decision." There's a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes that affects everything, but it's decidedly on a more grand-strategy than a nitty-gritty-tactical level.

I'd actually suggest either Ascaron's Patrician or Port Royale series, which are available for cheap at GOG. (Patrician IV isn't there though--it's new and you'll have to get it through Steam or retail) At heart they're very detail-oriented trade sims with city building and naval combat elements to them. They're very similar but Patrician is set in Europe and Port Royale is set in the Carribean. Patrician generally has more in-depth trading and Port Royale has more detailed combat and warring factions and the like.

Also if you want to go pure city-builder Impressions city-builders were all pretty good. (Pharaoh, Caesar, etc) Emperor is my personal favorite.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Genpei Turtle posted:

I'd actually suggest either Ascaron's Patrician or Port Royale series, which are available for cheap at GOG. (Patrician IV isn't there though--it's new and you'll have to get it through Steam or retail) At heart they're very detail-oriented trade sims with city building and naval combat elements to them. They're very similar but Patrician is set in Europe and Port Royale is set in the Carribean. Patrician generally has more in-depth trading and Port Royale has more detailed combat and warring factions and the like.

Also if you want to go pure city-builder Impressions city-builders were all pretty good. (Pharaoh, Caesar, etc) Emperor is my personal favorite.
On the city builder note you can't go wrong with Children of the Nile. It's a bit dated, but there was something about it I liked a lot more than Caesar. Definitely a lot more of a sandbox game.

Anyway I have to ask, have you actually played Patrician IV? I really liked 3 but I heard some bad reviews for number 4.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Wolfy posted:

Anyway I have to ask, have you actually played Patrician IV? I really liked 3 but I heard some bad reviews for number 4.

Yeah, I have, and I actually like it a lot. It's actually not that different from 3--it's basically 3 with a better interface. There are a few options that were taken out (though I've heard they've been put back in with the expansion which I have yet to get) and it's decidedly more forgiving but it's still good. The supply meter alone (as opposed to having to remember what each good is going to cost when it's overstocked) is worth the price of admission. Finally being able to control multiple ships at a time in sea battles is nice too, though I tend to autobattle everything.

All of the negative reviews for it I've read have been from people that would hate the entire genre anyway and would probably have an aneurysm with the earlier, less forgiving ones. It's not without its flaws--dealing with petulant royalty is a major pain in the rear end (no, Duke of Mecklenburg, I am not going to cause a famine in Aalborg where I have 35 businesses, you stupid gently caress) and there's still a little too much micromanagement required when you get really powerful, but overall I think it's a good game. I still like Port Royale 2 better though, since I like the privateer aspect to it.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

Patrician is a really good idea, that's the type of game I'm looking for, but I've already played III quite a lot :) I don't think my PC could handle IV. That and (newest) Anno are two games I'll upgrade for eventually. Don't think I've played Port Royale so I'll look into that.

About Paradox, you're right, I guess it does boil down to tweaking sliders here and there and letting poo poo get on with itself. I probably like to be a bit more hands on. I thought Arsenal of Democracy might be like that. But it's also so very serious.

Wolfy posted:

On the city builder note you can't go wrong with Children of the Nile. It's a bit dated, but there was something about it I liked a lot more than Caesar. Definitely a lot more of a sandbox game.

That's a good suggestion too, however I have played that as well. I never found that it had much longevity to it. In fact, I seem to remember putting a good 20 or so hours into the tutorial, and it was so exhaustive at covering things that there wasn't a lot left to see (maybe finish building a proper pyramid in the campaign, try some things differently, that's about it). Interesting game though (almost Dwarf Fortress in Ancient Egypt).

Rollersnake posted:

Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms series might be right up your alley. It's more of a console series, but RotTK XI got an English PC release. The series as a whole is difficult to get into but totally engrossing once you do, and is very dense and menu-driven, to a sometimes excruciating extent.

Really good shout, actually. I've not played any of those games. I've now watched a few LPs of people doing various things, and they are close to what I'm looking for but seem a little bit like simplified Civ, and hurling units at cities. That and I don't think they support randomly generated scenarios? Dynamicness is a big thing for me (I really like the generator in Anno games for this). Honestly, if there was a new X-COM (or UFO:ET) with dynamic locations I could probably play it forever.

Ah, this is why it's so hard to find games to play.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 5, 2011

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Just posting again to thank the rad dudes who recommended Persona 4 to me earlier in the thread.

I really like the setting and style, though the mechanics of time management and fusing personas is completely flying over my head. I haven't completed the first dungeon yet and I've already played about 6 hours!

Now that I have a way to actually play PS2 games, what other stuff is out there in terms of wacky RPGs? I've got Front Mission 4 waiting for me.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Harmonica posted:

Patrician is a really good idea, that's the type of game I'm looking for, but I've already played III quite a lot :) I don't think my PC could handle IV. That and (newest) Anno are two games I'll upgrade for eventually. Don't think I've played Port Royale so I'll look into that.

Look forward to Anno 2070, coming out this year. Better upgrade quickly!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Chas McGill posted:

Just posting again to thank the rad dudes who recommended Persona 4 to me earlier in the thread.

I really like the setting and style, though the mechanics of time management and fusing personas is completely flying over my head. I haven't completed the first dungeon yet and I've already played about 6 hours!

Now that I have a way to actually play PS2 games, what other stuff is out there in terms of wacky RPGs? I've got Front Mission 4 waiting for me.

The Shadow Hearts series is a weird blend of gothic fantasy and historical fiction, and Shadow Hearts: Covenant in particular is one of the funniest RPGs I've ever played.

Sakura Wars: So Long My Love is a hybrid strategy RPG / dating sim set in a 1920's steampunk New York with a very Japanese perspective, and the main characters a team of mech-piloting heroes who are also a theatre troupe. I don't know if it's good exactly, but it's beyond bizarre, and worth checking out just to see their interpretation of Harlem.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 5, 2011

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Chas McGill posted:

Persona 3: FES is also excellent if you like P4. If you're confused by fusing personae, there are several guides on GameFAQs. Also, the DoubleJump strategy guides are great. There is one up on eBay right now for $20.

All told, the Persona series is completely amazing, and I hope there is a Persona 5 for PS3 in the future.

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011

Chas McGill posted:

I like the Devil Summoner - Raidou Kuzunoha series. They're real-time Shin Megami Tensei RPGs set in Taisho period Japan where you summon demons to fight alongside you. They fall a bit on the easy side for the most part though.
Check it out if you want to try more of the SMT series. Be warned the experience and atmosphere is far removed from the Persona games.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm bored of TF2. I'm looking for another shooter to keep me busy. I'd be cool with something co-op or multiplayer, but nothing single player (unless it's a quality FPSRPG, for instance mass effect 2).

I am usually not super into 'realistic' shooters like counter-strike, but I might be willing to give one a try. I don't know.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

pw pw pw posted:

I'm bored of TF2. I'm looking for another shooter to keep me busy. I'd be cool with something co-op or multiplayer, but nothing single player (unless it's a quality FPSRPG, for instance mass effect 2).

I am usually not super into 'realistic' shooters like counter-strike, but I might be willing to give one a try. I don't know.

BRINK will be out in less than a week. It sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

GreatGreen posted:

BRINK will be out in less than a week. It sounds like it would be right up your alley.

Yeah, that and the new Section 8:Prejudice looks like it's going to be pretty awesome. In fact, there's a thread on it right here :)

Edit: Confirmed. I bought it and played the poo poo out of it last night. It feels like all the best parts of Halo-style gameplay, Call of Duty-style perks/addons and RPG-ish stat customization were thrown into a blender with game modes from Battlefield - plus it has support for playing offline with bots. I dislike that ramping the difficulty up doesn't necessarily make the enemy AI smarter or more effective, it seems like it simply makes them hit harder while taking less damage. The control scheme is also a little...hard to get used to. Other than that, I was having a lot of fun with it.

Jadz fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 6, 2011

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

Morpheus posted:

Look forward to Anno 2070, coming out this year. Better upgrade quickly!

As much as I like a bit of futurism, for me the whole appeal of the series was as a historical or semi-historical game. As soon as the onus is put on developers to imagine the future and plot a game through it, it's much more of a challenge to make it feel believable and charm the player. It seems like they've gone for a pre-packed industrial look, with hundreds of indentical buildings and it's all grey and bland. I would have rather them spell out a post-disaster world, and go nuts with the visuals like BRINK or Borderlands or Blade Runner. It seems kind of uninspiring, and since it's a fabrication and bears no resemblance to facts, the appeal is lost on me.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
For various e/n reasons, I'm away from my apartment and normal means of gaming (a 360 and a high-end PC) for a few days while I stay with my parents. I'm sad and grumpy and want to get my game on, but all I have access to is my 2009 MacBook Pro and my little brother's Wii. So my recommendation requests are threefold:

1) A Good Single Player Game for the Wii
I don't like platformers, I have zero Nintendo nostalgia, and I have a very low tolerance for anime-styled shenanigans. For comparison's sake, my favorite games that I've played in the last 6 months are Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, Alpha Protocol, and Hitman: Blood Money.

I'm leaning towards Resident Evil 4 (I played the PS2 version years ago) and No More Heroes, but I don't really follow Wii releases and have no idea what's out there.

2) A Co-Op Game for the Wii that Could Literally be Played by a Retard
As I mentioned, the Wii belongs to my little brother. He is severely developmentally delayed, has very little fine motor skill control, and can't read. However, he loves the gently caress out Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort and the handful of wrestling games he has that can be conquered with spastic flailing and button mashing. I want to get a new game for the two of us to play together, but I have no idea what to get. It has to be really easy to play, but not look too "babyish" (little bro gets pissed off if you try to give him games or movies he perceives as being "for little kids").

The last one is more of a technical advice request than a game recommendation request, but oh well:

3) Which version of Windows Should I Get for BootCamp?
I have a long list of older games that I never got around to playing when they were new (Bloodlines, Arcanum, Deus Ex, Fallout 1/2, to name a few) and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot when I'm setting up the partition on my Mac. Is there a thread on SA or good site that has a list of which version of Windows you need for a bunch of older games? I'm really crap at figuring out that sort of thing, as I've been a Mac user since the early 90s.

Cray
Dec 3, 2010

Bamabalacha posted:

I have a long list of older games that I never got around to playing when they were new (Bloodlines, Arcanum, Deus Ex, Fallout 1/2, to name a few) and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot when I'm setting up the partition on my Mac. Is there a thread on SA or good site that has a list of which version of Windows you need for a bunch of older games? I'm really crap at figuring out that sort of thing, as I've been a Mac user since the early 90s.

I never encountered any sort of comprehensive list but FYI none of the games you mention have any issues running on Vista/Win7, at least nothing that can't be fixed by googling "[game] win7" and installing some user-made fix. I'm pretty sure I played all of those on Win7 without major problems. But if you don't intend to use the Windows partition for anything other than old games you might as well go with XP, just to be safe.
E: I don't think there are many games that work on 98 but not on XP, with the exception of DOS games that you can play with DOSBox instead. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Cray fucked around with this message at 18:57 on May 7, 2011

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Bamabalacha posted:

1) A Good Single Player Game for the Wii
I don't like platformers, I have zero Nintendo nostalgia, and I have a very low tolerance for anime-styled shenanigans. For comparison's sake, my favorite games that I've played in the last 6 months are Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 2, Alpha Protocol, and Hitman: Blood Money.

I'm leaning towards Resident Evil 4 (I played the PS2 version years ago) and No More Heroes, but I don't really follow Wii releases and have no idea what's out there.

You're right with Resident Evil 4 :) In my opinion it's the best single-player game for the Wii - which says a lot as it was originally released for the GC in 2005.

I also have a MacBook Pro though, get Steam installed and download Amnesia for some scares - it runs fine for me so should do for you :) Also if you want some retro fun then you can always pick up Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It's an amazing adventure game if you never played it, and only costs £3.

Astro Cake
May 27, 2010

I love you, strawberry milk.
Would someone that's really only played the early Zelda games like either of the DS Zelda games?

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Lurchibles posted:

You're right with Resident Evil 4 :) In my opinion it's the best single-player game for the Wii - which says a lot as it was originally released for the GC in 2005.

I also have a MacBook Pro though, get Steam installed and download Amnesia for some scares - it runs fine for me so should do for you :) Also if you want some retro fun then you can always pick up Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It's an amazing adventure game if you never played it, and only costs £3.
YOU LIVE IN MY BRAIN :stare:

I picked up RE 4 and sunk a couple of hours into it yesterday. It's as fun (and fantastically stupid in parts) as I remember it being, though I'm still getting used to the controls on the Wii.

Fate of Atlantis is one of my all time favorite games and bought it for the third time last year during a Steam sale on a LucasArts adventure game pack. I may look into Amenesia too.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

Bamabalacha posted:

If you can afford the $60, buy Parallels for Mac instead of using the Bootcamp Partition. Bootcamp is awful. Parallels lets you run the Windows of your choice simultaneously with Mac OS, so no rebooting required. That's how I run all of my Windows games (I use 7 64-bit) and it works perfectly. Happy gaming!

Nippoleum
Sep 11, 2001

algae = gold
What are some smaller scale persistent world games that I can host on my own? I'm looking for something that I can set up like a Minecraft server, and allow a group of friends to log into any play at their leisure. I understand that there's a NWN2 mode like this, although I've never played it. 20 years ago I hosted a Tradewars 2002 door game on my BBS -- hoping to get that feeling back.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Nippoleum posted:

What are some smaller scale persistent world games that I can host on my own? I'm looking for something that I can set up like a Minecraft server, and allow a group of friends to log into any play at their leisure. I understand that there's a NWN2 mode like this, although I've never played it. 20 years ago I hosted a Tradewars 2002 door game on my BBS -- hoping to get that feeling back.

Both of the NWN games can do this, though it's much easier in NWN2 (the first one will require a fair amount of scripting to make it persistent). The NWN2 world editor is also far more robust than the first one, allowing you to make pretty much anything you can think of in terms of fantasy RPG worlds to run around in. The wizards for things like items, creatures and quests makes it almost trivial to create a small, wannabe-MMO for you and some friends to run around in.

You could also always host your own Ultima Online: Renaissance shard. It's not difficult, as I recall - I did it for a little while when I was a teenager, and I'm sure you could find tools and instructions with a little google-fu. From what I hear, you can do something similar with Everquest, though I'm certain this will require some actual coding/server knowledge.

It's a little more tempermental, and will require a small amount of scripting knowledge (or at least it did way back in the day) if you want to build onto the world and change things, but Graal Online can be a fun little Zelda-like to run around with your friends in.

My personal favorite was always Freelancer, though. My brothers and I used to waste hours flying around, killing pirates, running trade routes, mining resources, etc.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Will Neverwinter Nights 2 let you create custom classes or just worlds to run around in?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I believe you can create custom classes/feats/spells, but it's non-trivial to do.

Nippoleum
Sep 11, 2001

algae = gold

Jadz posted:

My personal favorite was always Freelancer, though. My brothers and I used to waste hours flying around, killing pirates, running trade routes, mining resources, etc.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've really been enjoying Freelancer, and have started looking into the expansive mods.

TheOriginalEd
Oct 29, 2007

Caffeine Transcendent
I had great fun playing survival in the nebulae of Freelancer during the postgame. Just fly around trying to balance out the constant damage your ship takes by slaughtering alien craft and using them for repairs.

Searching minefields for busted up wrecks carrying rare weapons and resources was great tense fun too.

Acid_Burn
Nov 20, 2008
me and my friend are looking for an RPG we can play CoOp over lan on our laptops. we thought of all the infinity engine games but we played them all already. We want something where we can do all kinds of strategizing and stuff. We liked diablo but that might be a bit too fast paced. Maybe dungeon siege? ALSO important to note that we are poor and cant spend lots of money on shiny new games so older titles are appreciated. Any suggestions?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Borderlands maybe, as an FPSRPG. It tends to get cheap pretty often, and is fun with a friend.

The Neverwinter Nights games are obvious choices, though if you thought of the baldur's gate games you probably thought of NWN. You should be able to get both of them cheap.

Nippoleum
Sep 11, 2001

algae = gold

Acid_Burn posted:

ALSO important to note that we are poor and cant spend lots of money on shiny new games so older titles are appreciated. Any suggestions?

You might like Titan Quest and the expansion Immortal Throne. They're selling as a package for $20 on Steam.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."

Bamabalacha posted:

Fate of Atlantis is one of my all time favorite games and bought it for the third time last year during a Steam sale on a LucasArts adventure game pack.

There is a special section of my heart kept in reserver for this game. When I had to go on a long journey down to my nations amazing capital I played this on the train and the guy next to me ended up talking to me about the game throughout the entire journey, it's still so awesome :D

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

Can anyone recommend any modern, tactical, squad based strategy games? I've been looking for a game sort of along the lines of Final Fantasy Tactics, but preferably for PC, and bonus points if it's something I can play at work. Even more bonus points if it has multiplayer.

I've dabbled with X-Com on Steam, but I couldn't really get into it (I never played it when it first came out so I have no real nostalgia). It just seemed too old and uninviting. I also didn't really want to deal with managing the base or research or upgrades or any of that stuff. I just want the squad-based combat with some unit/equipment management.

Does anything like this exist for PC? Or should I just stick with console and handheld stuff like Disgaea, Fire Emblem, FFT, etc.?

I guess I could sum this up by asking for a recommendation of online/multiplayer tactical role-playing games for PC that would be somewhat similar to the games I mentioned above.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I've been trying to play Tales of Vesperia for a while, being on a bit of an RPG kick, but somehow it's not doing it for me. Not entirely sure why, I just get bored.

Has anything in the vein of JRPGs come out lately for 360 or PC that I would enjoy? I haven't seen a whole helluva lot.

(edit) hurp durp just saw the RPG thread :saddowns:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 14, 2011

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

xezton posted:

Can anyone recommend any modern, tactical, squad based strategy games? I've been looking for a game sort of along the lines of Final Fantasy Tactics, but preferably for PC, and bonus points if it's something I can play at work. Even more bonus points if it has multiplayer.

I've dabbled with X-Com on Steam, but I couldn't really get into it (I never played it when it first came out so I have no real nostalgia). It just seemed too old and uninviting. I also didn't really want to deal with managing the base or research or upgrades or any of that stuff. I just want the squad-based combat with some unit/equipment management.

Does anything like this exist for PC? Or should I just stick with console and handheld stuff like Disgaea, Fire Emblem, FFT, etc.?

I guess I could sum this up by asking for a recommendation of online/multiplayer tactical role-playing games for PC that would be somewhat similar to the games I mentioned above.

It's not multiplayer, but Fallout Tactics sounds kind of like what you want. I don't remember any real base management, mostly just choose your guys and go.

Disgaea is a completely different beast from other strategy games, where it's more grind until you can kill the guy and less figure out who to deploy and what skills to use.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

So how'd the pc port of brink turn out? worth buying?

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!

pw pw pw posted:

So how'd the pc port of brink turn out? worth buying?

Mixed opinions. I'm giving it a no, though.

Reive
May 21, 2009

Been itching for a arcadey fighter jet game for awhile, I've been thinking about the Ace Combat series but I dunno where to start either 4, 5, Zero, or 6.

While on the subject are there any sci-fi games like that? Something like Ace Combat+Macross would be pretty awesome.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I just go Project Sylpheed because I too had a hankering for some good 'ol fashioned space dog fighting. It's been pretty fun so far, and it kind of reminds me of Freespace in a good way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Female
Jul 27, 2010

I don't think you've been paying attention
I'm looking for ARPGs/RPGish games that have a heavy emphasis on looting (Diablo as an example of the former and Borderlands for the latter). Bonus if they're on Steam.

These are the games I already have :)