Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Oh Em Gee posted:

Holy poo poo someone shut Pele up ffs.

loving this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
brap and pele...

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis
Pele saying that makes me think I was right about "Chicharito" after all.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

£20 and some pastries and pele would endorse this forum as the best in the world

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

brapbrapbrap posted:

But you don't rate Messi and if Pele is always wrong then that must mean that ~~~the chich~~~ is actually going to be the next footballing god, right?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

brapbrapbrap posted:

Why do you put Chicharito in quotes but not Pele

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
"mental retardation"

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

£20 and some pastries and pele would endorse this forum as the best in the world

Goon project? I'll make the wicki pasties.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

brapbrapbrap posted:

remember when you said "Chicharito" would be a flop but that Bebe would be world class? good times

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Remember when we posted bad posts from other football forums in this thread and that's all we posted or I put people on month long probations. Good times.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Am I doing this right Finny

quote:

Yet Hodgson took Fulham to a UEFA Cup final, meaning that Fulham, yes Fulham, ended up higher than 13th, yet was out of his depth when he went to Liverpool. It's strange that a manager that was out of his depth when he left Newcastle 13th in the league isn't out of his depth at Liverpool, but I suppose that you've all got a little bit too used to mediocrity all round to the point that you're all a bit brain dead.

quote:

My questions are:

i. Could this be his BEST season? A commentator on todays game v Chelsea suggested this and it completely caught me off guard, I had thought I missed Giggs in his prime, as a winger. Some people even went as far in recent years as to say " Giggsy we love you - now go away" calling for retirement. I think this season he's at least proved he's still valuable.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I hate Roy Hodgson. Stupid twat.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
Adebayor allegedly left City because he allegedly beat up his gay lover, who then publicly outed him. Huge post incoming:

quote:

People ask me all the time,as soon as they find out im bi-sexual, “what footballers are gay??” i normally just say that i dont know or something along them lines well nows the time to out at least one of the fuckers!!!!
For the past 8 months ive been madly in love with someone,you may or may not know. Well our relationship has now ended and im devastated,most people will be happy as a lot of jealous people didnt like seeing us together!! I now feel the most numb,lonely and hurt that i have ever been! ive had an amazing time with this person and hes the funniest,kindest most perfect person ive ever met! and im grateful for sharing the past 10 months with him.
I just wanted to let u know this as maybe the reason im outing this footballer is because im upset,in an emotional state,feeling bitter towards love,feeling lonely or maybe just been a twat (YOU DECIDE!!!)
Anyways here goes,Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor- GAY!
For nearly a year i was this pricks “dirty little secret” not even my own family knew about our relationship! I met Emmanuel in Sept 2006 at a party in Jewel bar,London. I was friends and agent buddies with a WAG at the time who was dating a fellow Arsenal player,Emmanuel came over to me and said he has seen me earlier with the WAG and asked,in a very arrogant and abrupt way how i knew her,i thought to myself “who the gently caress is this creep and whys he jealous about me taking to her when shes dating his team mate?? i told him i was with the same agent and that she was just a friend,i then told him that i wasnt tryin it on with her as i was gay.. HIS FACE LIT UP!!! he asked me if i had a boyfriend and when i told him no he instantly started pulling my arm telling me we had “to chat” outside!! I didnt understand why this 6 foot 3 giant was pulling my arm to go outside i thought i was going to get beat up so i started to pull away from him,it was then he told me to calm down and that he had to talk to me in private!!
When we got outside he told me he was gay and that nobody knew,i wasnt actually that bothered,you would think most gay or bi lads would be thinking “wow a gay footballler!!” instead i was thinking “well im not arsed your mingin!!!”
Emmanuel asked if he could take my number and maybe take me for dinner sometime,i explained i lived up near Liverpool and he seemed a bit gutted,i gave him my number and didnt think id hear from him now he knew i didnt live in London,i wasnt that bothered anyways at first.
I went back to the party and said goodbye to him at the end of the night when he was playing it all straight with other team members,i remember some player called Kerrera Gilbert or something been there and asking Emmanuel what we was talking about outside,Emmanuel told him i was asking for his autograph!!! Errm ok,ill just let him pretend that!!
The next day i woke up with a huge hangover and my mate from BB next to me,she said my phone had been going off all morning and it was pissing her off,when i checked i had 30 something missed calls and a few text from a number i didnt know! the text hardly made sense! i rang the number and some strange man answered,i then clicked it was HIM!!! i didnt know what to say and just said ill call him back and hung up! I told my BB friend and she started screaming “Oh my god ur a fukin WAB” thats the nickname i had for the next year!!! WAB (wives and boyfriend) i was the only official one i knew!!!
The next few weeks seen me and Emmanuel just texting and calling i did start to fancy him just because he made me laugh so much and was a pure gentleman,i went on holiday to Greece for a while with my cousin and stil text him every few days,he would text me and try calling everyday but i was trying to play it cool! I got back from Greece and decided id go to London to meet him,i was thinking he would maybe pay for a flight or petrol,you know with him having millions of £££!! nope instead i had to book a cheap ticket and sit for 6 hours on a coach!! oh well i wasnt after money so i just laughed about it to myself. We had such an amazing,funny weekend and when i was getting ready to leave for my train to Victoria,Emmanuel asked me if i would be his boyfriend! Id never had a boyfriend before but i thought it would be cool to see how it goes so i said yes.
The next month went the same way,id sneak down to London to meet him,stay in Premier Inn hotel in Waterloo about 2-3 times a week, because i wasnt allowed to his house!! We just stayed in chilled and watched tv,to some people this might seem boring but we had such a laugh and i totally understood why he didnt want us going out in public!! He played for Arsenal for gods sake,he would get so much poo poo if the fans knew he was gay and imagine if the press knew!!
About 3 months into our relationship,the rumours started,we went into Essex on a night out with a few friends and a Papparazi came over to me and said “i know ur Adebayors bitch im guna tell everyone”” my face dropped and i didnt know what to do!! i told the fella to gently caress off and get a life, BIG MISTAKE!!!

For the next 6 months that one papp made it his mission to follow us,try get pics of us together and spread rumours about our relationship! This is when i seen the real Emmanuel,he became a monster!! he would scream at me for no reason,hit me,smash my stuff up and even slashed my car tyres! The pressure of the whole gay thing must be getting to him and i totally understood why,but did i deserve to be treated like some little tramp??! well he made me believe i did! He used all his energy to mentally break me down,he would cheat on me with girls and even sent me a pic once of a girl giving him head!!! i was told on a daily basis i was fat,ugly,worthless etc. I sadly believed everything he said!! I think this is the main reason i gently caress all my relationships up due to been so insecure that i dont think im worthy of that person.
I stayed with Emmanuel for months and months even though i was been treated like scum,i had become used to the lifestyle,id drive round London in a flash Range Rover,go shopping EVERYDAY with as much money as i wanted,i seriously had the WAG lifestyle,but i was starting to drift apart from my friends up north and i didnt really have many friends down London at the time,i was becoming lonely and depressed due to his abuse,but i loved the money!! im not scared to admit that i did stay with him longer than i should of because i loved been able to buy anything i want.
One day i was sat reading OK magazine when i seen an ad for a new reality show,they was looking for people to lose weight,i had been called fat and ugly for the past few months so i thought what a great way to surprise Emmanuel by losing weight on this show!! i went to the casting and the producers gave me the part straight away i was so excited!! i went back to Emmanuels and told him i was going to be on “diet on the dance floor” on living tv,instead of been happy he hit me!! he told me i was pathetic and once i start that show we would be finished as all the press would find out about us! He threw me out of his house there and then with nothing but a hoody and a bag with a few bits of clothes in,i had no money and no way to get from Epping in Essex to Victoria to get a coach back to my mums in Liverpool,in fact i didnt even have money for a coach but i knew that if i could get to the coach station they knew me that much that they might help me! i basically bummed rides on buses and trains all the way to Liverpool as the staff on each bit of transport could see i was in a state,i had been mentally and physically hosed for months and everything hit me at once! i could not stop crying! i got to my mums 11 hours later and had to pretend like everything was ok, my mum doesnt even know until now that is what happended to me! Im sorry to all my friends and family for any lies or hiding i did during this time.
For the next few months me and Emmanuel Adebayor only argued on the phone,we would call eachother trying to be friends but it just didnt happen i hated him so much for what he did to me and he hated me for being his “dirty little secret”
After publishing this i will either be sued or beat up,but you know what whether you believe me or not i dont give a gently caress,i want to tell my story to clear my head and now i can move on,i have messed up my last relationship due to my insecurities and i love that person more than anything in the world,i am broken by what has happened and after having time to think about it,i totally blame Emmanuel and his cruel treatment of another human being,i WONT be insecure anymore and feel like im not worthy of the person im in a relationship with,i only wish i had dealt with these inner feelings years ago if i did i would be sat here still in a relationship with the most amazing lad ever,rather than feeling depressed and sucicidal.

The reason i have reposted this after removing it,is that i have been getting threats and abusive calls for the past month-so i might aswell put it back on my site!!!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
holy poo poo

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
well now :staredog:

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
highlights for those who dont want to read the huge post

on meeting adebayor:
who the gently caress is this creep and whys he jealous about me taking to her when shes dating his team mate?? i told him i was with the same agent and that she was just a friend,i then told him that i wasnt tryin it on with her as i was gay.. HIS FACE LIT UP!!!

on the shaaaaaaaame:
I went back to the party and said goodbye to him at the end of the night when he was playing it all straight with other team members,i remember some player called Kerrera Gilbert(probably kieran gibbs) or something been there and asking Emmanuel what we was talking about outside,Emmanuel told him i was asking for his autograph!!! Errm ok,ill just let him pretend that!!

on the REAL Emmanuel:
For the next 6 months that one papp made it his mission to follow us,try get pics of us together and spread rumours about our relationship! This is when i seen the real Emmanuel,he became a monster!! he would scream at me for no reason,hit me,smash my stuff up and even slashed my car tyres! The pressure of the whole gay thing must be getting to him and i totally understood why,but did i deserve to be treated like some little tramp??! well he made me believe i did! He used all his energy to mentally break me down,he would cheat on me with girls and even sent me a pic once of a girl giving him head!!!

this one just made me lol:
One day i was sat reading OK magazine when i seen an ad for a new reality show,they was looking for people to lose weight,i had been called fat and ugly for the past few months so i thought what a great way to surprise Emmanuel by losing weight on this show!!

ending:
For the next few months me and Emmanuel Adebayor only argued on the phone,we would call eachother trying to be friends but it just didnt happen i hated him so much for what he did to me and he hated me for being his “dirty little secret”

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

appledan posted:

i remember some player called Kerrera Gilbert(probably kieran gibbs)

Kerrea Gilbert must be gutted

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

appledan posted:

Adebayor allegedly left City because he allegedly beat up his gay lover, who then publicly outed him. Huge post incoming:

Is this in any way legit? Where did you get it from?

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

sebzilla posted:

Is this in any way legit? Where did you get it from?

http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?p=6537638

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
I would love to be a famous athletes secret boyfriend.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Oh Em Gee posted:

I would love to be a famous athletes secret boyfriend.

me too

dibs on anna kournikova

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

appledan posted:

Kerrea Gilbert is very real, he's in the championship now or something.

The rest of the story is pretty :stare:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

The Mash posted:

me too

dibs on anna kournikova

I don't think that's what I meant by secret boyfriend but ok.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I read that a while back and dug up the guys blog it was from, to be fair it seems like hes the type thats begging to be a zlist celebrity

brapbrapbrap
Jan 18, 2010

by T. Mascis
Adebayor has a wife and kids doesn't he? That story sounds like something a bitter Arsenal fan just made up. Utter bollocks.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

brapbrapbrap posted:

Adebayor has a wife and kids doesn't he? That story sounds like something a bitter Arsenal fan just made up. Utter bollocks.

Yes because being married with kids makes it impossible to be gay/bisexual.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

brapbrapbrap posted:

Haven't you heard of Reginald Dwight?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Graeme le Saux

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Are these worthy of derision?

quote:

John_Lithgow John_Lithgow
lunch with old friend Tom Werner and presto! I'm a Liverpool fan!
11 May Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

quote:

Huge response from #Liverpool crowd. I guess I'll never walk alone.
11 May Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

quote:

Never EVER such a welcome mat thrown out! #YNWA must be some crowd. Hope to see #LFC live someday.
22 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Nope, John Lithgowns.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

appledan posted:

this is nearly as bad as when David Pleat mistook Djourou for Justin Hoyte... while he was playing for Switzerland

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
The Trinity Killer is a Liverpool fan :chord:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

TyChan posted:

Are these worthy of derision?

No, that's Barneys dad. He's cool.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
The Adebayor story has been around for a while. Looks pretty fake, but it shouldn't matter if it isn't.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I do wonder what the reaction would be if such a high profile player as him said he was gay.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

euroboy posted:

I do wonder what the reaction would be if such a high profile player as him said he was gay.

Get their clubhouse burned down probably.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Jollzwhin posted:

Get their clubhouse burned down probably.

Well, I meant a real high profile player, not some mediocre swedish guy from a tiny club.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Maybe it would catch on.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/14/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united?commentpage=all#start-of-comments

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
While I know you linked to the comments section, Louise Taylor's articles are almost always awful