Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Reformed Tomboy posted:

Stop taking your pills. Back-up method doesn't mean take extra hormones, it means to use non-hormonal back ups like condoms.

If you are covered or not depends on the type of pill you swapped from. When changing from combination pills you have to insert it at the end up the pack during the placebo week to be covered. For progestin-only pills, anytime you insert it will leave you covered. Since when you swapped you were already into your new pack, use a back up method for a week (unless you were on a progestin-only pill of course).

Thanks for that explanation, I was on a combo pill, so back up method it is. Another question for you awesome knowledgeable people, last night I saw the bf and he came in me. I know sperm can possibly live for up to five days inside the body, does that change how I should be dealing with this? Condoms will be used when I see him next until the 7 days are up, I'm just worried that the "gap" in hormonal protection will not be great.
Hope it's not a stupid question, I wasn't even supposed to see him until Saturday so it wouldn't have been an issue and I didn't even think about it until after she told me to stop the pill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olphij
May 30, 2006
What's it all about?

Helvetica Neue posted:

I've used NuvaRing for just over three years now, and I love it! I have a longer cycle, typically 28 days between periods, so 35 days including my period. However, my body has been acting strange lately.

My last period started after just 20 days of having the ring in. Typically, I take the ring out at day 28 and spot for 2 days, then 3 days of actual flow on day 30-33, tapering off. This period, started full force on day 20, ring still in. Weird. Took the ring out, had my period, put a new one in.

Now I am on day 13 and I have been spotting for the last 4 days. This is really weird for me, this never happens. It's not red either, it's much darker black/brown. What does this mean? I have had a regular cycle for so long, it's really freaking me out. Is spotting ever a sign of pregnancy..? :ohdear:

I've been on NuvaRing for a little over 6 weeks and noticed this as well. You're not alone in the breakthrough bleeding.

evelynevvie
Sep 14, 2004

I'll fry you like a fritter! Crispy on the outside... chewy on the inside!!!

Another quick question about the Depo shot: How long should it take for any weird side effects to show up? Other than a slight soreness in the arm I got the shot, I haven't really had anything new happen. It's only been about 3 or 4 days though.

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

"I will throw my best friend an abortion party if she wants one"

Reformed Tomboy posted:

If you are covered or not depends on the type of pill you swapped from. When changing from combination pills you have to insert it at the end up the pack during the placebo week to be covered. For progestin-only pills, anytime you insert it will leave you covered. Since when you swapped you were already into your new pack, use a back up method for a week (unless you were on a progestin-only pill of course).
Whaaa? I've never heard this and don't know why that would be the case. As far as I know switching from any type of hormonal BC to any other hormonal BC, whether combined or progestin-only, should keep you protected (as long as you were using the first method correctly, etc.) Why would you not be protected immediately after Implanon insertion if you had been mid-cycle on COCs?

Also, we sometimes advise patients to take COCs in addition to Implanon for a short period of time if they are having trouble with irregular/nonstop bleeding because it can help get the bleeding under control. Obviously, you should only do that if you don't have a contraindication to estrogen use and definitely check with your doctor first, but hormones CAN be used in combination with other hormones without being dangerous.

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Is your social worker inside that horse?

evelynevvie posted:

Another quick question about the Depo shot: How long should it take for any weird side effects to show up? Other than a slight soreness in the arm I got the shot, I haven't really had anything new happen. It's only been about 3 or 4 days though.

I would assume any weirdness would show up fairly promptly since the concentration of hormone in your body is highest right after you get the shot, but I never had any weird side effects from it so I can't speak from experience. If nobody's warned you yet, expect to gain weight and have a really hard time losing it. That was the only negative side effect that I got from the Depo.

Also, IUD folks, is it normal to get random cramps for some time after insertion? I've had it for about a week and a half, and I still get the odd twinge from time to time - just wanted to make sure that's normal because my OB didn't tell me anything about it AT ALL.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

boquiabierta posted:

Whaaa? I've never heard this and don't know why that would be the case. As far as I know switching from any type of hormonal BC to any other hormonal BC, whether combined or progestin-only, should keep you protected (as long as you were using the first method correctly, etc.) Why would you not be protected immediately after Implanon insertion if you had been mid-cycle on COCs?

Dunno why myself, but my post was taken directly from the implanon sheet. I always follow what the directions they give you say, and not necessarily what doctors tell me.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

boquiabierta posted:

At the clinic where I work we insert IUDs and Implanon at any time, regardless of whether the patient's already on BC. We just make sure they've been using a reliable method of contraception (including condoms, withdrawal or abstinence) for at least two weeks so that we can reasonably ensure they're not pregnant.

Maybe I"m reading this wrong, but I find it a little disconcerting that your clinic considers withdrawal a reliable method of contraception.

vvv Well, I guess I've been misinformed. I still wouldn't use it myself, though. vvv

Geolicious fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 14, 2011

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

Geolicious posted:

Maybe I"m reading this wrong, but I find it a little disconcerting that your clinic considers withdrawal a reliable method of contraception.

96% effective when used perfectly.

edit: Here's another source.

boquiabierta fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 14, 2011

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Fanky Malloons posted:

Also, IUD folks, is it normal to get random cramps for some time after insertion? I've had it for about a week and a half, and I still get the odd twinge from time to time - just wanted to make sure that's normal because my OB didn't tell me anything about it AT ALL.

I get those sometimes. Mostly when I really have to pee :shobon: But they're not something to worry about, anyway, unless they get really severe suddenly.

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

Eggplant Wizard posted:

I get those sometimes. Mostly when I really have to pee :shobon: But they're not something to worry about, anyway, unless they get really severe suddenly.

Good to know. I seem to get it after exercising mostly, so I assume it just doesn't appreciate being jiggled around right now. I also thought it was maybe something to do with going off the Depo - I remember last time I had these weird muscle spasms in my lower abdomen for a couple weeks afterwards. They may have been unrelated, but I assumed they were some kind of weird Depo withdrawal.

lou reed
Aug 20, 2005

How is babby made?

Fanky Malloons posted:

Yeah, it's three months to the day since I've had mine and I'm still getting occasional minor cramps and pelvic pain. It's usually quick and mild - not even worth taking an ibuprofen over. It's totally normal - your uterus is adjusting to life with its new foreign object friend, so there's a considerable adjustment period.

Before getting my paragard, I knew to expect heaver menstrual cramps. What I've found is that the cramping that I get during my actual period hasn't changed at all (it's always been fairly minor/mild, for the most part.) What I have experienced over the past few months is weird cramping before my period. It feels like I'll get shoots of pain that start in my abdomen and rush down my pudendal nerve. They're quick and they don't linger at all, but usually when they happen it's enough to make me yelp cause those mothers HURT. All in all, it's been a small sacrifice to make for the amazingness that is the Paragard, so it's not a deal breaker or anything. Anyone else experience this?

Helvetica Neue
Sep 1, 2004

Olphij posted:

I've been on NuvaRing for a little over 6 weeks and noticed this as well. You're not alone in the breakthrough bleeding.

Thanks for your insight. I've been on it for 3 years and never had this happen. Also it's progressed from spotting to full-on period, now. I was only *off* my period for 13 days, normally 28. Seriously strange.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I apologize in advance for the E/N, but it's the first time either of us are going through this and we're both freaking out, so any advice/info would be appreciated.

I had sex with my girlfriend last night. After I came, she got off me and lied next to me. We were talking when her hand went down to my penis and then she was like "omg where is your condom?!?!" At first we thought it must have slipped off during the ordeal so we turned on the light and looked around for it frantically. She then went to the bathroom and found the sperm-filled condom still in her vagina. She told me that some of it had leaked.

She wasn't on the pill, so we woke up the next morning and went to the pharmacy to get emergency contraception. We then went to have breakfast and she took the first dose there (pharmacist said it can cause nausea especially if taken with an empty stomach). From the time of the "accident" to when she took the pill, around 7 hours had passed. She is going to take the second pill 12 hours from now.

Obviously the next week will be really stressful for both of us as we wait to see if she has her period. We are planning for the worst - we talked about what we're going to do if she gets pregnant - but what is the actual risk?

Fanky Malloons
Aug 21, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Obviously the next week will be really stressful for both of us as we wait to see if she has her period. We are planning for the worst - we talked about what we're going to do if she gets pregnant - but what is the actual risk?

The same thing happened to me once - I commend you guys for taking care of it right away. Depending on where she is/was in her cycle the chances of pregnancy might be slightly lower or higher, but condsidering she took the pill 7 hours afterwards, and the condom didn't actually break it's probably really, really low. The morning after pill is supposed to prevent 95% of pregnancies if taken within 24 hours, so you guys will more than likely be fine. Just make sure she remembers to take the second pill on time, and you remember hold on to that sucker next time you're pulling out.

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks
And just a note: the morning after pill can disrupt a woman's menstrual cycle, causing her period to come early or late, be heavy or light, long, short, or painful. So don't get too scared if she doesn't get her period on time, or if it's "weird" when it does come - and remember, stress affects the menstrual cycle too. So morning after pill + worrying about being pregnant may make her skip her next period. Your best course of action is to take a pregnancy test if she doesn't her her period on time, although you don't have too much to worry about - emergency contraception is quite effective when taken promptly, as you have done.

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

I apologize in advance for the E/N, but it's the first time either of us are going through this and we're both freaking out, so any advice/info would be appreciated.

I had sex with my girlfriend last night. After I came, she got off me and lied next to me. We were talking when her hand went down to my penis and then she was like "omg where is your condom?!?!" At first we thought it must have slipped off during the ordeal so we turned on the light and looked around for it frantically. She then went to the bathroom and found the sperm-filled condom still in her vagina. She told me that some of it had leaked.

She wasn't on the pill, so we woke up the next morning and went to the pharmacy to get emergency contraception. We then went to have breakfast and she took the first dose there (pharmacist said it can cause nausea especially if taken with an empty stomach). From the time of the "accident" to when she took the pill, around 7 hours had passed. She is going to take the second pill 12 hours from now.

The actual risk depends on when in her cycle she is. Let's say that she has a "typical" 28-day cycle, where her period starts on day 1 of 28. The highest risk for pregnancy would be during weeks 2 and 3, at about an 8% risk of pregnancy per unprotected act of sex.

Taking the Plan B at the time that she did (within 24 hours of having sex) means that the pill is going to be about 95% efective, which brings the risk of pregnancy down from 8 in 100 (8%) to about 4 in 1000 (0.4%).

To add to what Bagleworm said, taking the Plan B pill can change the timing of her period by about a week (even up to 3 weeks!).

For future reference if this reoccurs, she should be taking both Plan B pills at the same time. Taking both Plan B pills at the same time causes less nausea and is as effective as taking them 12 hours apart.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Well, I guess this will be a crazy week. She just called me saying she's super paranoid. She goes "what if I dropped the first pill through the straw into the orange juice when I was taking it?" :raise:

Based on what DRP Solved! said, I told her she can take the second pill right away if she wants.

I can only imagine what she must be going through... :(

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

enraged_camel posted:

Well, I guess this will be a crazy week. She just called me saying she's super paranoid. She goes "what if I dropped the first pill through the straw into the orange juice when I was taking it?" :raise:

Based on what DRP Solved! said, I told her she can take the second pill right away if she wants.

I can only imagine what she must be going through... :(

Well (assuming she finished the orange juice) if the pill wasn't in the bottom of the glass she either swallowed it or it dissolved really fast and she got the dose anyway. :haw:

But seriously, stress and your hormones suddenly going way out of whack can make you a wreck so I wish you guys luck. Try to take consolation in the fact that you guys have done everything you can to prevent an accidental pregnancy at this point (easier said than done I know).

Lanthanum
Oct 19, 2008

I wish I had a robot husband. That would be baller as fuck.
How long should I wait to call PP. I'm going on two months of a very light period with Implanon. Its kinda shallow, not as shallow as Anne Whatley's, but still shallow

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Lanthanum posted:

How long should I wait to call PP. I'm going on two months of a very light period with Implanon. Its kinda shallow, not as shallow as Anne Whatley's, but still shallow

How long have you had it in overall? I think the advice is usually to wait three months for your hormones to settle, but after that you might as well look into trying something new, because that poo poo is annoying. I ended up going on Loestrin 20 in addition to the Implanon (trip report: cycle like clockwork, better skin, awesome times). The implant may be convenient but that doesn't mean you have to put up with endless periods.

Lanthanum
Oct 19, 2008

I wish I had a robot husband. That would be baller as fuck.

Volcano posted:

How long have you had it in overall? I think the advice is usually to wait three months for your hormones to settle, but after that you might as well look into trying something new, because that poo poo is annoying. I ended up going on Loestrin 20 in addition to the Implanon (trip report: cycle like clockwork, better skin, awesome times). The implant may be convenient but that doesn't mean you have to put up with endless periods.

Ive had it about three months, but the first month I was on Implanon i was also finishing my (just started) pack of Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. And the blood isnt the dark brown/black stuff, its red. :/

man in the eyeball hat
Dec 23, 2006

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

*situation resolved*

man in the eyeball hat fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 14, 2016

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

Zlocista posted:

can we stop freaking out and start sleeping at night again because the chances are so slim?

You can stop freaking out because the chances are slim. :)

If you're still concerned, take a pregnancy test to put your mind at ease.

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009
Okay, I'm a bit stressed out over the following situation.

On April 16 my girlfriend took her pill a little late but within 12 hours of the usual time. We didn't have sex that night. The next day, we had sex with a condom since she told me that she was unsure about the day before. On the same day, she forgot her pill entirely until about 24 hours later.
For the next two weeks, we only had sex with a condom (without anything going wrong) and she took her pill on time. On May 2, we had sex again and this time the condom broke. So in short, we had unprotected sex one time while she was on the break between cycles and she forgot one pill two weeks earlier, i.e. in week two of the pill cycle.

How worried should I be?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Serendipitaet posted:

Okay, I'm a bit stressed out over the following situation.

On April 16 my girlfriend took her pill a little late but within 12 hours of the usual time. We didn't have sex that night. The next day, we had sex with a condom since she told me that she was unsure about the day before. On the same day, she forgot her pill entirely until about 24 hours later.
For the next two weeks, we only had sex with a condom (without anything going wrong) and she took her pill on time. On May 2, we had sex again and this time the condom broke. So in short, we had unprotected sex one time while she was on the break between cycles and she forgot one pill two weeks earlier, i.e. in week two of the pill cycle.

How worried should I be?

You're probably OK. You're generally considered "safe" if you've been taking the pill consistently for a week straight or more, so if she actually took them everyday for two weeks she's most likely in the clear there. I'm not sure if that changes once you're in the middle of the pill pack, but that's how it is when you first get on birth control anyway. You're also still protected during the break between cycles, so that's not an issue.

If this is a common thing with her, maybe your girlfriend should consider a birth control method that requires less memory? Things like Nuvaring, Norplant, IUDs, etc. I hope I'm not sounding self-righteous there, it just might save you guys a lot of stress in the future.

LikeFunOnlyBoring
Sep 3, 2008
So I just got back from Planned Parenthood and they're changing my pills on me. I've been taking a combo pill for about 2 years now and they're changing me over to a POP. The reason for this is because I mentioned I get migraines occasionally (very very very occasionally...like once a year, if that) and they don't want to give pills with estrogen in them to people who get migraines that are combined with vision problems. (I get tunnel vision)

Reading over the POP stuff I feel like it's much less reliable then the combo pills. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't regulate my period, in fact it could make it worse or not come at all. I don't like that at all. I personally like having the reassurance of my period every month. I don't like the idea of taking a new pill. The old one worked great and I didn't have any problems with it. I'm scared that this is going to change everything.

I guess I'm just looking for advice about POPs to know what I should expect.

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
You can tell them no, you know. Having migraines and having a migraine (very) occasionally is big difference. Is there another PP near you? Or is there somewhere else you could go for a second opinion? Otherwise, tell them you want to remain on your current pill, if that's what you really want.

My doctor(s) have tried in the past to swap me off types that worked for me, and I didn't let them. The patch had increased blood clot risks, so I just got tested for the likelihood I'd get one, and decided it was safe for me to remain on it. Same with Yaz, it caused a whole lot of problems for women who didn't have PMDD, but I do, so I remained on it. It seems to me like you're smart enough to research ahead of time what they're trying to swap you to, but ultimately it's your body, and you can decide what to put in it.

LikeFunOnlyBoring
Sep 3, 2008
Yeah, there's another PP near me. A few, actually. I told them I wanted to stay on the same pill, but they flat out refused to give me those pills. Would going to another PP help with that?

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~
It certainly couldn't hurt to try. It sucks they said that though. I remember the pharmacy where I used to get the patch stopped carrying it once the lawsuits against it began, and I had to go somewhere else to get them. It was annoying to go out of my way, but it worked and was able to stay on it until I chose to try something else.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

LikeFunOnlyBoring posted:

Yeah, there's another PP near me. A few, actually. I told them I wanted to stay on the same pill, but they flat out refused to give me those pills. Would going to another PP help with that?

Yeah, some doctors are more cautious than others so it's possible that another clinic might be more lenient. The clinic I go to knows I have migraines and they never really made an issue of it. I don't get the vision changes with mine, but I don't think they ever asked me about that one way or the other.

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

Did they explain to you why they were choosing to no longer prescribe the combination pill?

If not, here's the gist of it: Having migraines with aura (the tunnel vision you get counts as the aura), even if only once a year, increases your risk of stroke, heart attack, and death. It essentially doubles your risk of having any of these (from about 20 per 10,000 to around 40,000). In women with migraines with aura, taking estrogen further increases your risk (I don't have exact numbers).

There are still a few other options available to you beyond just the POP: Implanon, Depo, the Mirena IUD, the copper IUD. All of these have lower risk of pregnancy than the combined pill and would be much safer for your heart and head health.

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

DRP Solved! posted:

Did they explain to you why they were choosing to no longer prescribe the combination pill?

If not, here's the gist of it: Having migraines with aura (the tunnel vision you get counts as the aura), even if only once a year, increases your risk of stroke, heart attack, and death. It essentially doubles your risk of having any of these (from about 20 per 10,000 to around 40,000). In women with migraines with aura, taking estrogen further increases your risk (I don't have exact numbers).
What DRP said. I'll just add that it only counts as an aura if you get the visual symptoms BEFORE the migraine occurs, not DURING the migraine. If you're getting the tunnel vision only DURING the migraine then you should be fine for a combined pill, and I'd seek a second opinion or go somewhere else. But if you get tunnel vision, and it goes away or subsides somewhat, and then - typically within an hour or less - your migraine hits, PP is absolutely right to take you off your old pill. If you decide to seek another provider who is more lenient, just know that they're being more lenient (or plain old careless) at the risk of your safety.

boquiabierta fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 18, 2011

Cracker Jack
May 8, 2007
I had the same thing happen to me at PP. The moment they saw aura on my medical history they wouldn't give me OTC-Lo or Yaz anymore. Ended up with a paragard and it worked well for me until the cramps got bad (about 2 years later). I'd rather not worry about the increased stroke risk especially since I smoke. PP is just following protocol from the WHO so I don't fault them for it.

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

boquiabierta posted:

What DRP said. I'll just add that it only counts as an aura if you get the visual symptoms BEFORE the migraine occurs, not DURING the migraine. If you're getting the tunnel vision only DURING the migraine then you should be fine for a combined pill, and I'd seek a second opinion or go somewhere else. But if you get tunnel vision, and it goes away or subsides somewhat, and then - typically within an hour or less - your migraine hits, PP is absolutely right to take you off your old pill. If you decide to seek another provider who is more lenient, just know that they're being more lenient (or plain old careless) at the risk of your safety.

That first part isn't true. Auras can sometimes start at the same time or before the migraine headache and they're still considered an aura and therefore a contraindication for estrogen-containing pills. I agree with the second part of your post, though, allowing someone who gets migraines with aura to continue taking estrogen is medically irresponsible and a perfect reason for a lawsuit.

boquiabierta
May 27, 2010

DRP Solved! posted:

That first part isn't true. Auras can sometimes start at the same time or before the migraine headache and they're still considered an aura and therefore a contraindication for estrogen-containing pills.
Do you have a source for this? My understanding is that an aura (at least as it relates to birth control use) is defined by when the visual symptoms (or more rarely, other neurological symptoms) begin. Whether or not they continue during the headache portion of the migraine, if they didn't start beforehand, it's not considered a contraindication to estrogen use. Not saying I can't be wrong, but that's the way I've had it explained to me and the way I've seen it practiced.

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

"boquiabierta" posted:

Do you have a source for this?

Sure thing: http://ihs-classification.org/en/02_klassifikation/02_teil1/01.00.00_migraine.html

Edit: To clarify, aura occurring during a migraine headache is still considered an aura. Therefore, it is a risk factor for stroke and other cardiovascular events, and so remains a contraindication to estrogen-containing contraceptives.

DRP Solved! fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 18, 2011

LikeFunOnlyBoring
Sep 3, 2008
I guess in that case, what do I have to be concerned about regarding this pill?

I've always had great luck regarding my period. Light to moderate and only lasting for 3-4 days. I'd rather that not change, but from what I gather it's going to. I don't like that I'm going to have to worry about spotting ALL the time (which is what the nurse said) And I'm worried about if I'm late more now. It seems like this is a lot less flexible (obviously I try to take the pill everyday at the same time, but sometimes I'm hours late)

I just don't know. The pill I was on before was the first kind of birth control I've ever used and I didn't have any side effects so I'm worried about this being different.

SavoyMarionette
May 23, 2007
I speak only the truth.

I guess in that case, what do I have to be concerned about regarding this pill?

I've always had great luck regarding my period. Light to moderate and only lasting for 3-4 days. I'd rather that not change, but from what I gather it's going to. I don't like that I'm going to have to worry about spotting ALL the time (which is what the nurse said) And I'm worried about if I'm late more now. It seems like this is a lot less flexible (obviously I try to take the pill everyday at the same time, but sometimes I'm hours late)

I just don't know. The pill I was on before was the first kind of birth control I've ever used and I didn't have any side effects so I'm worried about this being different.

I was on the POP Jolivette and my periods were about like yours. Light to moderate, maybe a heavier day the first day, only lasting 4-5 days. I never experienced any kind of spotting or really any kind of side effects, and they came every 27 days like clockwork. Your period might change, and it might not. I think mine actually lightened a bit because before they were a lot heavier and lasted closer to a full week. It is less flexible in that I think you have only a couple hours of lee-way verses the larger margin with the combo pill, so if you have are having times where you miss it perhaps one of other options might be less of a worry. The little case that it comes in is pretty small so I just carried it with me in my purse if for some reason I thought I might be out around when I was supposed to take it, and I kept an alarm on my phone to help remind me. If you are really concerned about it though there isn't anything wrong with maybe seeing if one of the IUDs or Implanon or something else might be a better option for you.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

evelynevvie posted:

All the side effects I had with Depo were related to the increase (new shot) or decrease (almost time for a new shot) of hormones. For the most part, I just got really weepy. Let it go for a cycle and see what happens in your body. If you're still feeling normal a week after your next shot, that'll be a good indicator that you're not going to have any weird side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Volcano posted:

Were you prescribed the Loestrin because you were having continuous bleeding? I'm really interested in the details of your experience because I'm also on Implanon and I've been having acne like a mofo for like 4 years now. I don't want to give up the security of Implanon to switch to a pill but I'd love the benefits of using both. Addendum: I'm 27 and I smoke; I know there's a higher risk for heart attack with smokers on the pill.

• Locked thread