Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Crystal Skull was awesome and so is grinding bounty hunters into alcohol. Boba Fett should've died coming out of the Sarlaac and his buddies should've smoked him afterwards to gain his powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
What's pretty stupid though is that his bounty hunter buddies gave him a proper burial. I mean, aren't bounty hunters supposed to be these awesome solitary lone wolf guys? Do they come to each others birthday parties, too? Bounty hunter BYOBBBQ?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Grendels Dad posted:

What's pretty stupid though is that his bounty hunter buddies gave him a proper burial. I mean, aren't bounty hunters supposed to be these awesome solitary lone wolf guys? Do they come to each others birthday parties, too? Bounty hunter BYOBBBQ?

Got to do something to get together and make fun of Bossk.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

SeanBeansShako posted:

That's where the solidarity comes from. They don't all hang out cause they're bounty hunters, they all hang out cause they're the only ones who know what a true gently caress up Bossk is.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Epi Lepi posted:

That's where the solidarity comes from. They don't all hang out cause they're bounty hunters, they all hang out cause they're the only ones who know what a true gently caress up Bossk is.

"....and remember that guy who replaced his head with a laser cannon? good times..."

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I had Bossk's action figure as a kid and thought he was way cooler than most of the other 1-second-cameo bounty hunters.

Are the other bounty hunters just jealous, or is Bossk not as cool as 12 year-old me thought?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I had Bossk's action figure as a kid and thought he was way cooler than most of the other 1-second-cameo bounty hunters.

Are the other bounty hunters just jealous, or is Bossk not as cool as 12 year-old me thought?

Never read Bounty Hunter Wars have we? well, proceed to have your childhood smashed here.

Don't worry as a Star Wars fan you are used to that already.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

Never read Bounty Hunter Wars have we? well, proceed to have your childhood smashed here.

Don't worry as a Star Wars fan you are used to that already.

I'm going to cry while reading this thread, wont I?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

A little but, but it'll turn into tears of laughter if you keep going. It is worth the crazy ride to find out what crazy poo poo them there Bounty Hunters did.

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

Grendels Dad posted:

Listen, I'm not going to lie to you: I was pretty hard on Bossk. But he gets a happy ending. Well, sort of, if you ignore how he canonically becomes a derelict alcoholic cripple.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Jesus, Attack of the Clones is worse than I remembered. My neighbor invited me over to watch it and since I haven't watched it in years, I agreed. I haven't cringed more watching a movie since Transformers 2. I think the only memorable thing from that hunk of poo poo was Across the Stars, a good song for an awful romance. :suicide:

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

VaultAggie posted:

Jesus, Attack of the Clones is worse than I remembered. My neighbor invited me over to watch it and since I haven't watched it in years, I agreed. I haven't cringed more watching a movie since Transformers 2. I think the only memorable thing from that hunk of poo poo was Across the Stars, a good song for an awful romance. :suicide:

My college roommate and I would do marathons of all 8 movies (Both trilogies, Clone Wars and Holiday Special), but we eventually stopped watching Clones because it was so bad.

Think about that. We chose to watch 10 minutes of unsubtitled Wookie and a movie with a character quite literally named "Stinky The Hutt" over Attack of the Clones.

edit: Without Rifftrax on the Holiday Special.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

VaultAggie posted:

The only thing I can remember really liking in that movie (been ages since I watched it) were the seismic charges
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d91D5rb3U9g

On the other hand, I won't ever be able to find Boba Fett cool after this movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I guess you're not going to want to talk to me anymore then. I own and enjoyed Crystal Skull. v:shobon:v
You are a war criminal.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Let's do a lizard dance around the courtyard.

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.

Locutus of Bald posted:

My college roommate and I would do marathons of all 8 movies (Both trilogies, Clone Wars and Holiday Special), but we eventually stopped watching Clones because it was so bad.

Think about that. We chose to watch 10 minutes of unsubtitled Wookie and a movie with a character quite literally named "Stinky The Hutt" over Attack of the Clones.

The Holiday Special is a chthonic horror. I have never in my live seen anything so bad on TV, and I refuse to believe anyone would see it more than once. I would like to enter into evidence the Youtube views for part 1 (156,541 views) compared to the last part (9,385 views).

DrWhom
Jul 16, 2010

Captain von Trapp posted:

The Holiday Special is a chthonic horror. I have never in my live seen anything so bad on TV, and I refuse to believe anyone would see it more than once. I would like to enter into evidence the Youtube views for part 1 (156,541 views) compared to the last part (9,385 views).
I watched it for the first time this past Christmas, and I'll never subject myself to it again. I could almost feel the brain cells dying off as it went on.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE
Yeah I can't agree that Attack of the Clones is worse than the Holiday Special. HS is the quintessential example of a cash in for the entire television and film collective and is one of the only things that ever comes to mind when I hear somebody say "So bad it's painful". Usually the idiom is thrown around casually but for Holiday Special it is completely legitimate. The Holiday Special is torment. von Trapp's classification as a Cthonic is brilliant in that 1 in 10 viewers are committed to in-patient treatment in a mental health facility within two weeks of viewing.

Attack of the Clones is just so bad it's embarassing. But it has quality in parts. The Holiday Special gives no reprieve. It is a frenzied and constant assault on your sanity from beginning to end.

TheOneTrueKing
Apr 3, 2010
Oddly enough, I didn't realize it was popular opinion that Attack was worse than Phantom Menace. Honestly, of the six movies, A New Hope and Phantom Menace are the two I would skip in a marathon but DON'T because... come on... it's a Marathon. You gotta do it right.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

I watched Phantom Menace an embarrassing amount of times when I was younger, but in my defense Ewan McGregor is really hot :colbert:

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 14, 2011

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Locutus of Bald posted:

There are 10 movies. You'd better believe the loving Ewoks movies count (they are my favorite Star Wars).

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004
actually There Are Only Three.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I am willing to compromise and say there are 4.
The OT and Ewoks: The Battle for Endor.
I am willing to disregard Caravan of Courage (even though it sets up crucial backstory of Cindel's family and how they ended up on Endor and befriending the Ewoks and how Wicket learned their language) because it doesn't have Noa Briqualon.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Flavor Bear posted:

There are 10 movies. You'd better believe the loving Ewoks movies count (they are my favorite Star Wars).

gently caress, I haven't seen the Ewok movies. Might as well do it tonight since I will be really drunk from Eurovision anyway.

NGL
Jan 15, 2003
AssKing

Admiral Goodenough posted:

gently caress, I haven't seen the Ewok movies. Might as well do it tonight since I will be really drunk from Eurovision anyway.

As fantasy movies for 6-year-olds, they don't completely suck. The first is narrated by Burl Ives. The second stars Wilford Brimley.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

TheOneTrueKing posted:

Oddly enough, I didn't realize it was popular opinion that Attack was worse than Phantom Menace. Honestly, of the six movies, A New Hope and Phantom Menace are the two I would skip in a marathon but DON'T because... come on... it's a Marathon. You gotta do it right.

loving what

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

NGL posted:

The first is narrated by Burl Ives. The second stars Wilford Brimley.

Aww, now you've gotten my hopes up, this is going to be terrible :(

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 14, 2011

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

loving what

Seriously are you nerds just letting this poo poo go?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

NGL posted:

As fantasy movies for 6-year-olds, they don't completely suck. The first is narrated by Burl Ives. The second stars Wilford Brimley.

The second also has a bunch of creepy gypsies and a dragon vs. hang glider scene.
AND TEEK.
That is why it is the best Star Wars.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

NGL posted:

That sure is some beard.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Captain von Trapp posted:

The Holiday Special was so bad George Lucas refuses to acknowledge it. It doesnt even work out to a "well he thought the prequels were good movies so what he hates must be gold right" situation. It's so bad even Lucas will say it is poo poo and refuses to put it in legal distribution.

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

RagnarokAngel posted:

The Holiday Special was so bad George Lucas refuses to acknowledge it. It doesnt even work out to a "well he thought the prequels were good movies so what he hates must be gold right" situation. It's so bad even Lucas will say it is poo poo and refuses to put it in legal distribution.

So far. Give it a few years for Lucas to figure out some people want to own it in an ironic sense.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

So, wait, the Ewok movies happen before Return of the Jedi? Why didn't Wicket just speak some loving EnglishBasic to Leia, then? Motherfucker at least knew "crash," "starcruiser" and "battle."

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
He's just waiting to convert it to 3d as well. I can just see it now; wookies talking wookies with other wookies in 3d!

Suenteus Po
Sep 15, 2007
SOH-Dan

TheOneTrueKing posted:

"A New Hope" is Star Wars. You can't marathon Star Wars movies without watching Star Wars. Also, go gently caress your own face.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Karma Tornado posted:

So, wait, the Ewok movies happen before Return of the Jedi? Why didn't Wicket just speak some loving EnglishBasic to Leia, then? Motherfucker at least knew "crash," "starcruiser" and "battle."

It's not Basic. It's another language just translated into English for ease of viewing.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Karma Tornado posted:

Because if he talked to her he would get attached and that would make it harder for him to try and murder and eat the heroes.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

VaultAggie posted:

He's just waiting to convert it to 3d as well. I can just see it now; wookies talking wookies with other wookies in 3d!

That'd be awesome, man. I'd love for the Holiday Special to feel so real that I actually thought I was standing right next to Malla as she watches Harvey Korman in drag cook Bantha Surprise.

Djolly
May 4, 2011

war. on drugs.

Throb Robinson posted:

So far. Give it a few years for Lucas to figure out some people want to own it in an ironic sense.

He's had so long already, though - I say it's item #4 on the Lucasfilm to-do after George is found hanging from Boba Fett's grappling hook in the Skywalker Ranch cathedral, sweaty hands still locked on his "action feature."

Edit: He was watching himself on a monitor, and the coffee enema kit is still steaming in the shade of a California morning.

TheOneTrueKing
Apr 3, 2010

Suenteus Po posted:

"A New Hope" is Star Wars. You can't marathon Star Wars movies without watching Star Wars. Also, go gently caress your own face.

Hahaha, I know that, thats why I said I have to watch it because its a marathon. The first one just kinda bores me now. It used to fascinate the crap out of me but it just doesn't merit the awesome feelings I get from Empire and Jedi, nor does it stand up to Revenge's mindless special effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

Flavor Bear posted:

Forgot about those Ewok movies. I actually found the DVD at a garage sale, but my roommate got drunk and threw it in the garbage because he hated Ewoks so much. :( It all worked out, since I told him the DVD was worth $50 and so that's what he paid me for it.

I suppose I should feel guilty about that, but then again, he tried to turn "That's so wizard, Annie!" into a catchphrase around our dorms, so he probably deserved it. :colbert:

Speaking of Phantom Menace, I feel compelled to remind everyone that Greedo is literally in that movie. I think someone brought it up again a couple pages back, but it bears repeating: Lucas literally thought it was a good idea to have little babby Greedo be in a movie.