Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you
To be fair the comments on Guardian football articles are almost always awful as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

While I know you linked to the comments section, Louise Taylor's articles are almost always awful

Woops meant to link to the article and include all comments. It's one big mess.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
How good would a Lucas-Yaya Toure partnership be?

Best signing City have made in a while.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
"Nah, you're alright. gently caress United, gently caress City, gently caress Manchester. Horrible, filthy shithole full of loving twats.

Meteorites never land in the right place."

For some reason I'm reading RAWK and everything by this oval office BIGDavalad is horrible

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Manchester is a horrible filthy shithole full of loving twats tbf

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's a Friday afternoon and ive had a long week and my overriding thought over the last few days has been that half of the people on this forum are completely flipping clueless.

Grayson is young, clever, succeeded last year where others couldnt on a shoe-strong budget... he loves the club.. he's already given us good results against Forest, Boro, Millwall, Watford, Doncaster, Sheffield United when everybody said we hadnt spent enough, hadnt strengthened.... we're two good results away from being in the top 6 again FFS!!!

Seriously anyone that thinks Simon should be sacked does not know a single thing about football.. not one flipping thing.. my guess is you're either an emotional old woman, or a pisshead... and if you're not one of those things, you might aswell be..

So we got battered by Cardiff.. they might aswell be flipping Chelsea in this division... The Preston result is just a joke, and a serious learning curve, and that doesnt bother me.. that's just a classic case of being too cocky... The Barnsley game is a mystery but SERIOUSLY!!!! It's the same as last season... Do you think that Grayson just fluked his success with Blackpool, and fluked his fixing-up of McAllister's mess..... fluked beating Man Utd.. fluked forcing Spurs to a replay... and fluked promotion.... He rallied the men from a goal down, and a man down on the last day last season ffs... Grayson is a seriously talented manager!!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!! If Bates sacks Simon, i HONESTLY will not post on this forum again this season... not because i'm so sure he wont.. because he probably bloody will... but because it will prove to me that we have no hope.. If we have a chairman willing to sack a manager who has given us more success than any other in our recent history after one lovely month, then what is the point?

Simon is the best thing to happen to Leeds United for 15 years..

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I know im distanced from it a bit, being all the way over here in Aus..

But PERSONALLY, in Ken Bates i see someone who has saved our Club from oblivion, given us three managers who we couldnt really whinge about really (Wise if a flippin rear end in a top hat, but he did take us on a record breaking run).

He spends money wisely... He doesnt bother the manager.... as far as i know, he's never said "NO" to a signing requested by the gaff...

i fookin love the old colonel sanders looking flipp...

I just dont get why everyone else hates him

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
those are the same guy btw

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

How good would a Lucas-Yaya Toure partnership be?

Best signing City have made in a while.

We're getting way off the point of this thread. Did you see the post I quoted where a dude compared Andy Carroll to a centaur? Everyone needs to get back on point in this thread. Also this is not an invitation to discussion, just paste terrible posts as you come across them on various football forums. THANK YOU>

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Picture the opening moment's of Wembley, Rooney plays Hernandez in, he's one on one, he buries it and we're a goal up with a minute played.

OR

Hernandez is played one on one, however, Valdes takes him out and is sent off, Rooney misses the resulting penalty. Barcelona, however, are down to ten men with only a minute played.

What situation would you rather?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I do wish, though, that Man Utd would stop Hernandez from praying in the centre circle prior to kickoff.

If he wants to pray in private that is his own business.

I find the sight of a grown man praying before millions of a people to, I presume, ask God to favour one football team over another frankly ridiculous and somewhat embarrassing.

(I am not a God botherer)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Ninpo posted:

I'm gonna pretend this is real and answer. Valdes off is definitely a better scenario seeing as Pinto is out as well..

Harvey Wine Time
May 15, 2011

by angerbeet

owolabi taiwo, 15 MAY 2011 1:41A.M. posted:

i am hapi 2 be a man u fance.kudos 2 all man u players,man u boss nd best manager so far sir alex faguson man of honor nd kudos 2 al man u fance out dia

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
rename me sir alex faguson tia

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
wow

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Good grief.

Harvey Wine Time
May 15, 2011

by angerbeet
Didn't that guy play in goal for you for a bit?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
haha stupid foreigners who don't know how to spell things

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

BunnyX posted:

haha stupid foreigners who don't know how to spell things

quote:

Here's a question regarding Transfers - Maybe a decent ITK or "agent" wannabe can answer. What is the full process in a club (any Club) purchasing a player. I'm talking about the Negogiations with Agents and Club, Contract agreements, salary and bonus demands, time scales from start to finish etc. It can't be a simple as finding a player and signing him? Can it??

Just always wondered what actually went on behind closed doors?

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

The N'Gogiations

Biggy_
Jan 17, 2006

boom boom boom let me hear you say bale BALE
ten farsand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ZGmXZz6Mo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

quote:

Abou Diaby to be player of the season next year

quote:

Going to finally find his position and put in monster loads of work this summer and then bang in the goals playing behind the striker. Quote me on that

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

quote:

Is it just me, but as a Liverpool fan, its much harder to hate this MANU team than past teams ?

This team's core(with the exception of Rooney and Ferdinand) is absolute class players (VDS/ Giggs/Hernandez/De Silva brothers/Berbatov). They dont dive, they are not assholes. They do not spend the exhorbitant sums of money many other premier teams are(tottenham, chelsea, manCity).

I hate to say it, but I hope they beat Barca(who I have lost a lot of respect for the last two matches).

It was easy to dislike United when they had a lot of floppers/pricks/dirty players on their team, such as scholes, keane, ronaldo, but now I find it much harder.

quote:

United could field my mum as their entire starting 11, and I'd still hate them.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
blue moon rising

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

This is from the LeBron James thread on RAWK which is the worst thread ever in the history of all forms of communication

quote:

The pro wrestling = hilbilly past time fails on many levels. Basically it just shows you have absolutely no concept of pro wrestling and its history. Wrestling existed all over the USA in the past in a territory system. Did hilbillies etc like wrestling? Sure. There were regional pro wrestling companies in Texas, Georgia etc. WCW was predominantly known to cater to the souther american style of wrestling. But thats as far as it goes. WWE or WWF has its powerbase in NEW YORK. YANKEE COUNTRY. MADISON SQAURE GARDEN IS KNOWN AS THE HOME OF THE WWE. Italian americans eh? them hillbilies ::)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
idk can we get nikolai to weigh in on this

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

T. Finn posted:

This is from the LeBron James thread on RAWK which is the worst thread ever in the history of all forms of communication

he's right greg. fans from all over the world tune in to watch the larger than life superstars of the WWE.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

he's right greg. fans from all over the world tune in to watch the larger than life superstars of the WWE.

Hmm let's see what else I have in here...

*reaches into bag marked Absolute Shite*

(this is all in the Pics thread, best for last.)

quote:

Eh, there is 2x colored really tall persons and i assume hes talking about the one with the wide nose that looks tallest = Sama? =P

quote:

What on earth is a colored person ?

quote:

MTE. They're black, its not offensive to say so,definitely much better than using the awful term "coloured".

quote:

Depends where you're from, in some parts of the world 'coloured' is the accepted term whilst 'black isn't really considered correct. I wouldn't be too harsh on him.

quote:

I thought coloured was the correct term now? It seems to get changed to much to keep track with though.
Either way, he's still a lad and a decent prospect aswell, no matter what the colour of his skin is.

quote:

Like I say, depends on where you're from. Words have different connotations in different environments.

quote:

We say can't say either in Sweden, then someone comes and smack the fingers.

We have to say "African background, Asian background" etc..... fml.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

T. Finn posted:

Hmm let's see what else I have in here...

*reaches into bag marked Absolute Shite*

(this is all in the Pics thread, best for last.)

I wish RAWK would just have a stupid transfer discussion thread so posters would have a place to talk about it instead of every single discussion become some way to try to circumvent the rule. It's rather silly.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Good riddance, did well when Wilkins was here but is it really a coincidence it went to poo poo exactly when he was sacked? Baffling decisions (subs, formations, team selection) and a reluctance to use youth whenever possible. If we get Villas Boas or Jurgen Klopp I'll be delighted, if we get any of the Dutchys I'd be gutted.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
Carlo will go to Roma where they've come into a bit of money of late and he'll do well I would imagine. Glad he's gone however, terrible team selections, horrendous substitutions, baffling loss of form and most of all our fairly shite CL record with him in charge all accumulated to this. Looking forward to seeing who we bring in.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
the Dutchys? pass.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

So true. SO TRUE.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Hello to all, I was wondering if you could tell me any link or video in a hot atmosphere during a break in between half's? I just want to see SAF how's he like?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

quote:

Wenger needs to bring in a vertical jump coach from the NBA to teach these fools how it's done.Then we'll have players heading the balls when the opponent least expects it.Nate Robinson is 1.75m and has a vertical jump of 110 cm so I don't see why Nasri,Fabregas,Wilshere and Walcott can't win headers.My guess is they don't even practice jumping which should be a priority imo.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

trem_two posted:

yessssss

sign some players who are good in the air to vary our play? nah mate, train them all to Jump Very High, because a gimmick bench player in the NBA can do it

that is loving amazing.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

quote:

They offered Valencia a bonus to win a game of football. Not injure someone, not throw the game, not score a certain number of goals. Not to an official to effect the outcome. There was no guarantee with the offer that Valencia would be able to win the game. Of course it wouldn't have been alright if they had offered money to injure a player, or if they had offered money to one of their opponents money to lose a game against them earlier in the season. IDK how you can equate the two really.

And don't hit me with cognitive dissonance BS, I was on here condemning Alves and Busquets for diving, and the alleged racism stuff, and it's not like I'm in lock step with everything that the club does. I just don't see this as a big deal, especially since we don't even know if it ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

quote:

Ok, you're right, there isn't any arguing that point. However, I still think calling it a bribe is incorrect because a bribe (unless you're being obtuse) carries the connotation of trying to influence the outcome in a negative way (ie, paying a ref off, injuring a star player) rather than paying someone more money to play a bit harder.

Also, I'm still not at all convinced that this even happened at all, but I guess since Sid Lowe wrote it it must be true.

Let me summarize so you can continue to quote and pat yourselves on the back in PWM: I was wrong you guys are right.

quote:

Because unlike the CL final, where both teams are motivated to play, in this La Liga game, one team was not motivated to play.

The way a league works is, you play thirty eight games, against teams who are presumably trying to win every game. But in reality teams are not always trying to win every game, because sometimes they have commitments that prevent them from fully getting into one game. Is that fair on the other teams?

I'm not saying you should pay for results but we're talking about a situation that's already hosed, you're just making it hosed in a different way.

edit

a posted:

I agree. The money used by Barcelona, which was an outside influence, countered the influence of the league standings.

Due to this, Deportivo lost a title. They lost because they failed to win against a team that was not interested in letting Deportivo win.

Losing against teams who are not interested in letting you win is how teams fairly lose league titles.

Voluspa fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 24, 2011

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

quote:

Firstly to me this still has te potential to be "shady" to say te least. It puts Ridsdale in the forefront in the hope that no one asks any questions regarding the Irish.

IMHO this isn't obviously a bad thing. Ridsdale certainly didn't start out in football but is a genuine football person. In this fact Guilfoyle hasn't lied to us, he said there was a genuine interest in football. The property being separated from the club isn't obviously a bad thing, look at the deal PR negotiated for Cardiff, 100 years rent free.

The Irish have plans to redevelop, nowhere within the release does it say money from these developments WON'T come into the club. Nowhere does it say that we will be charged massive rents.

I think that people on here need to take a deep breath put it all into perspective and wait for more info to come out which will surely be more frequent from now on.

For now let's be happy with the fact that we have taken another step closer towards survival and actually being in the fixtures on the 16th of June.

quote:

People ask for transparancy, get it and then moan about the outcome! Football fans don't buy underperforming football clubs! At least Ridsdale is passionate about the game! Was there ever going to be a different outcome the minute Ridsdale first entered the boardroom?

quote:

Thank Christ - some rational thinking. Whatever next?

Ridsdale is a football man, and a very clever one at that. He's being given a chance to redeem and enhance his tarnished reputation.

I think PAFC will be the beneficiary of someone who has learnt from past mistakes, and is determined to shut a few people up.

You da man, Pete...

MURDER

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
uhh Leeds got to a champions league semi-final under ridsdale mate I think he knows what he's doing?? Furthermore,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

I don't think this is that bad, but others might get a kick out of it.

quote:

Mate, I am from Malaysia. Its just that I've always wanted to move to Liverpool and to actually feel a connection to the club, the community and local fanbase.

When I said I'm not English,I'm Scouse, it was just quoting what most Liverpudlians say.

As for the language, I usually use slang words like shite, mate, la , 'me' in place of 'my' and so on....