Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Dr Ozziemandius posted:

Ozzie and Sage, who's wearing her horns tonite. Both Great Danes, Ozzie's the Harlequin and he's just shy of a year old in this pic (16 months now). Sage is the black one, and she's about 8 in this pic.

My parents have a cat named Ozzie and another cat named Toby...who we almost named Sage. For the first instant I saw your post I thought "Oh my God I have a goon family member :staredog:"

Speaking of which, here they are!

Toby

Ozzie (he's a fat kitty)

Group Photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Two weeks ago today, I adopted Baron from one of the shelters here in town. Vets guess he's about two, from from his teeth and colouration, I'm guessing five or so. Some sort of Shepherd cross, maybe Collie?

Baron Delivery by Aramek, on Flickr

When I first met him.

Baron Von Couch by Aramek, on Flickr

Baron Guard by Aramek, on Flickr

He loves fetching, and staring out the window.

Baron Stare by Aramek, on Flickr

Got a few more on the photo stream, and, if it stops raining today, I want to take him to the dog park.

Teatime Prize
Nov 1, 2008

A violent death is the last thing that'll happen to you.
Marilyn has had it with my nonsense and taken to sleeping in a facepalm position :(

I'm not sure how to describe her colour. I usually go with "blotchy".

On the rare occasions she goes outside, she's BFFs with a plastic chair

...but is more often found hogging my bed.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
This is Albert! He's almost a year old now. I got him from a shelter in November.

Just after I got him:

More recently:

He's the sweetest, friendliest, chillest cat I've ever known. :3: He's definitely got at least some Maine Coon in him.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

^^^ What a beauty!!

SAY HELLO TO NORRIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvvsqs39F9A

He's a tabby mutt I adopted about four years ago from the local Humane Society. I've never had a cat with so much personality before -- he's clever, sweet, and really wonderful.

Naptime!

(I am not naked.)

Here he is with Bitty Belle! Not sure why there's a funky bit of color down the middle.

He looks like a mega tubbo, but he's really only a pound or two overweight. He has a very thick soft coat that's wonderful to shove your face into.

He's my babycat. :love:

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

Sophia was once a scrawny, timid, lonely stray.

Now she lives indoors and loves to be loved. :3:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

MrBlandAverage posted:

This is the best picture.

We went for a hike, and Zoso was so bummed to have his gentle leader on.

But when I took it off in the car, he was very happy.

Nerdmann
Sep 21, 2007
Okay, I am on a posting spree today, lol. I need to post happy things to make up for my posts in the random nonsense thread.

The Gentle Leader is literally the bane of Riley's life too. She get all excited for WALK, then oh thing on my snout. Does Zoso roll around trying to get it off whenever your guard is down?

I love the pics of Baron too, he looks so serious in the guard photo! Pretty dog

I wish I had better pics of Riley. Ever since the BF got rid of his good camera and I lost mine, Riley doesn't have good pics.

She loves this blanket.

Please play with me...

Hiding in her crate

Nerdmann fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 2, 2011

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

MrBlandAverage posted:

Calling to order the meeting of cats that can't possibly be comfortable...

Do you do the mean thing I do and viciously rub your cat's tummy when he's sleeping on his back like that? :3:

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Just chillin'.

CheshireCat fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 4, 2011

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Yeah you two fighting doesn't fool me for a second, because I come home and catch you doing this.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Mister boddington....she's awesome.

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!
Meet my monsters!

This is Boudreaux. He turns one in a couple of days.

This is Jim. He is going to be 13 this year. He is awesome and has lived in three states with me. He flew on a plane for the first time this year.

goodbyebluesky
Sep 14, 2007

This is Toby, he is nine weeks old and as cute and playful as them come!

:3:

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Barely a dog at all

DevilDog
May 1, 2002

Meet Sgt. D

And Zim

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Leela got a new pack! She carried 2 beers, 2 waters, and a candy bar for a couple hours the other day.

Attached an image, and here are some videos of the girls at play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfRKVXCWCdI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4A4uBUouao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0dyBPoylW4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elV9HLUfemU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cikm-7JPjQ

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Didot
Apr 4, 2007

Lusting after letterforms...
Meet Ollie (aka Olie Guacamole)...

and her brother Cole P. Meowington

Didot fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Aug 24, 2011

SpiffyMcGee
Dec 1, 2004
Spork!
This is Loki. We just got him from the Humane Society today. He was listed as a Belgian Malinois, but I'm thinking he's more of a GSD/Collie mix.

Here he is with his new big sister Dharma. She's a 4 year old GSD/Boxer mix.

Erinfinity
Apr 21, 2011
This is my dog Stitch! She just turned 7 in March.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Teatime Prize posted:

Marilyn has had it with my nonsense and taken to sleeping in a facepalm position :(

I'm not sure how to describe her colour. I usually go with "blotchy".

On the rare occasions she goes outside, she's BFFs with a plastic chair

...but is more often found hogging my bed.

Marilyn is so pretty! Her coloring is called "torbie" (tortoiseshell + tabby).

Here's my dog on the quilt we laid out for the baby to play on:

Close up that shows the quilt but not the dog cause she's all black and scared of cameras/cell phones:

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

Didot posted:

and her brother Cole P. Meowington

My cat Jim (pictured earlier on the page) is Jamison R. McMeowington, he must be your cats Irish cousin.

To contribute, this is Miso (fatty fat fat) who I lost in the pending divorce :(

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Here's my dog: Zappa!

She's somewhere between 12 and and 14 years old. We got her from a shelter, she had been a stray on the streets of Paterson, NJ. We think she was at least 2 when we got her, because she gave birth a few weeks after we got her. 7 puppies, all in weird pairs. 1 black, 1 white; 2 that looked like german shepards; 2 that looked like rottweilers; and one yellow one.

We've never been clear on what kind of dog she is exactly. The vet thinks she has some basenji blood, people we run into think she has some husky, but her coloring is vaguely shepard-ish.

E: didn't see the mutt thread.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 13, 2011

kissyboots13
Feb 16, 2010

WHY is this HAPPENING to me?!
This is Pooka, also known as Pook the Duke...

As you can see, he is a pimp daddy:

He likes the sink:

And the trash can.

He is ferocious when facing enemies:

But hates when Momma tries to leave to work out.

Mostly, he's just a sleepy baby.

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso
My neighbors' cat Shady had kittens on April 18th. I have basically adopted Shady as half my own cat, so I feel like these are my little babies too. I even watched some of them being born! I have to post pictures for Pet Island, because I know how much you motherfuckers love kittens.

Shady with her brand new kittens, one day old!:

These are all from last night, so they're now nearly a month old! So cute it hurts.

Billy Black
Nov 9, 2006

liz con queso posted:

Love the patterns on those kitties :3:

Here's one I snapped the other day:

And is there a video thread, or are videos ok in here?

Sebastian does this thing where he's cleaning the top of his head with his paw, but just keeps on licking at the air while he does it. It's the cutest thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aT2pCDFVoE

And this one's funny because of the very end. :catdrugs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQlYH64AU_o

Dick Danger
Oct 13, 2010

Gee Gee Baby Baby
Figured I'd share some photos of my puppy Dexter in celebration of his achievement today - Officially becoming an Australian Champion :toot:
I'm so proud...

Now we just need to get started on Grand Champion...

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Dick Danger posted:

Figured I'd share some photos of my puppy Dexter in celebration of his achievement today - Officially becoming an Australian Champion :toot:
I'm so proud...

Awesome, congratulations! Dexter's adorable. :3:

Jess, what do you want now :mad:

Radio PhoolCat
Aug 13, 2003

Gentlemanly attire.
(wheee)

Dick Danger posted:

I'm so proud...

Congrats!
Ours is a daughter of champions even though she has to wear a special coat so nobody notices she looks more like a threadbare old carpet now,

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
My girlfriend and fellow goon Something Positive and I have been talking about getting a new cat for some time now. We have one cat named Harley who is slightly blind due to Cataracts from when he was a kitty. We also have our dog Lolligag who some of you might remember was dropped off on S*P when her cousin rescued it but hated it. Both are adorable, but we decided that in order to give Harley another cat playmate and a partner against the puppy's rambunctious playtime that we should get another cat as soon as we can. Well last week was the perfect time for us both and we applied for adoption.

quick pic of Lolligag and Harley playing.

We both decided upon what we were looking for in a cat *Older cat, female, etc* and kept to those guidelines when we discovered a newly dropped off ball of fluff in one of the back cages. Her owner dropped off the face of the earth when they failed college and their roommates dropped her off the day before, practically straight into our arms.

Her name when picked her up was Bella, but we decided to rename her as Zuul.

She's still adjusting to her surroundings. We are a little worried that she picked up something at the shelter seeing that she's been lethargic and slightly sneezy so we plan on taking her to the vet tomorrow morning. It's not an emergency however because she doesn't seem too sickly and it just could be stress from the move and shots from the adoption. She is a sweetie when she wants to be but she still needs time to just relax and take in everything.

More pics when she's more active and about. Hopefully some with her, Harley, and Lolligag as well :D

Edit: Run-on sentences and ramblings fixed into coherent post... somewhat :ohdear:

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 16, 2011

ilikechapstick
Jun 17, 2007

very, very notorious.
New friend that we picked up this weekend. :)

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
This is how Condi begs for food. So much effort.

Sorry still not getting my hotdog.

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS
New puppy over the weekend

Leercore
Nov 2, 2007

So my sister recently moved out of the family home and left her cat Belle with us, who I guess has now made me her human? Is that a cat thing? I guess so because she won't stop bugging me.

Leercore fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 17, 2011

liz con queso
Feb 1, 2008

juguete sin queso
A video I just took of Shady nursing her little ones...they're really starting to walk around and get into shenanigans! The stripey one that crawls all over her and makes a bunch of noise is my favorite. He's so much bigger than the rest of them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBtIjjt9cBk

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Nice to see so many happy and healthy dogs and cats.

Here's mine.. well, one in past tense :smith:

Pumpkin 1997-2011 Passed on last month. gently caress cancer.
Although of all the Goldens we had, she lived the longest. Good exercise, diet and lots of love help.

Porkchop, aka Porky. She got really depressed after Pumpkin died. She's getting better now. Pushing 12 herself, but since she's a Black Lab, she still has tons of energy. Loves to fetch the ball, for hours.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
My girlfriends' guinea pig, "Mr. Piggles" (aka Mr. Piggles the Mighty)

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

This is technically not *my* pet, but my parents' pet. I am posting him because he's probably one of the better-looking cats I've encountered, if only on an aesthetic basis:

That's Smudge. Anyone have an idea what breed of cat he could be? We think he might be a cross between a lynx-point Siamese and maybe something else... But his fur is too long, and he's way too big - he's actually kind of enormous, not in a fat way but just in a... big way. But he's truly gorgeous, and personality-wise he's pretty great - very independent and strong-willed, but also friendly and affectionate. And terribly graceful, he really moves and carries himself with a great deal of elegance and dignity. Quite a hunter, too.

Mindisgone
May 18, 2011

Yeah, well you know...
That's just like, your opinion man.
R.I.P. "Fuego"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Lola the corgi, wrapped in a shemagh

• Locked thread