Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 1 Space Babe
Jun 16, 2006

i feel good about liverpool fc

Mouser.. posted:

I think that's Jessica Lowndes from Autopsy

:aaa: thank you so much for solving my years-old mystery! I'll sleep a bit better at night now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larch Tote
Mar 10, 2007

...in the world.

Whole Milk posted:

Trying to find a horror film that I read the summary of but never watched about 5 or 6 years back.

A group of criminals (I believe cow boy bank robbers, but not 100% certain) are hiding out in an abandoned remote house after a big heist. And then poo poo in the house starts to kill them off. I know this sounds really generic but it's all I can remember.

The only other thing I can think of is that one of the still frames on the back of the box was of a really pale humanoid thing with long claws in a really small wooden crawl space. Not sure if that narrows it down.

This sounds a heck of a lot like Dead Birds: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377749/ Good film!

Noodle Incident
Jun 20, 2010

You're so random.
Ok, this one is for the animation buffs:

When I was young (this was in the early 90s), I remember watching a scene from a movie. I don't recall any dialogue or even characters, just the following setting: it was an animation depicting, I think, the beginning of spring. I remember that we went in an underground "spring factory" of some sort; there were a bunch of tubes filled with liquid colors which were being used to paint the leaves and flowers.

I really don't remember anything besides that scene, but It's been obsessing me over the years and my parents threw away our old VHS tapes a long time ago.

I used to think it was a part of Fantasia (the 1940 one), because the elements in the movie had that hand-painted look that early disney movies had, and I don't know why, it seems like there was no story, just the music. I recently re-watched Fantasia, but to no avail.

I know that it's really vague, but I'm out of ideas as to how to find it! So please, goons, is there one of you who could help me? Please please please?

Noodle Incident fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 15, 2011

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Noodle Incident posted:

When I was young (this was in the early 90s), I remember watching a scene from a movie. I don't recall any dialogue or even characters, just the following setting: it was an animation depicting, I think, the beginning of spring. I remember that we went in an underground "spring factory" of some sort; there were a bunch of tubes filled with liquid colors which were being used to paint the leaves and flowers.

I really don't remember anything besides that scene, but It's been obsessing me over the years and my parents threw away our old VHS tapes a long time ago.

I used to think it was a part of Fantasia (the 1940 one), because the elements in the movie had that hand-painted look that early disney movies had, and I don't know why, it seems like there was no story, just the music. I recently re-watched Fantasia, but to no avail.

I know that it's really vague, but I'm out of ideas as to how to find it! So please, goons, is there one of you who could help me? Please please please?

I think this was a 'King of Cartoons' cartoon on a Pee Wee's Playhouse episode. His cartoons were always old 30's-40's (often public domain) Merrie Melodies type shorts.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

zombieman posted:

Where Have All The People Gone?:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072400/

Aw man, thats like 90% of my memory, but I swear I remember the sun doing its poo poo again and them all dying at the end, and there was all-in-one primary boiler suits some were wearing. That could be it, I could be mixing up two different shows.
Thanks, much appreciated.

Discospawn posted:

A lesser fit, but it could also be Night of the Comet (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/)

Thanks, looks drat interesting, will be watching this too.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Noodle Incident posted:

Sounds like this one, the tubes are at 4:36 or so.

You're welcome. :)
VVVVVVVVVVVVV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3kZ0XYfWU

Barometer fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 15, 2011

Noodle Incident
Jun 20, 2010

You're so random.

Barometer posted:

Sounds like this one, the tubes are at 4:36 or so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3kZ0XYfWU

THANK YOU! This is it! I've been looking for it for so long, and this series of shorts is not well known when I'm from, so I have no idea how it winded up on an old tape back home. You, goon sir, have just made my day. :)

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
I have two movies in my head and I cant get them out of my head. All I know is both of them are horror movies.

The first one, I saw on television a looong time ago, it was about a class from a school that goes in a trip, I dont remember what happened exactly, but one of the students is found dead. It basically gets "Whodunnit" from here, midway through the film, they find out that is the weird (Science?) teacher, who had magic books in his room or some poo poo, the students kill him but then more murders start happening. At the end, we find out its a black-haired dude that was doing all the killings, he kills all of his class, opens a door with a key (I think that door was talked about before by the students but Im not sure), he opens the door and we see that same black-haired dude, bloodied and tied in a chair. The camera goes back to what we thought was the black-haired dude, except his face is distorted in a very creepy and painful smile, with skin falling off from the cheeks and the eyes.

The second I rented some years ago, Its about a girl that becomes a nanny for these two old dudes in a creepy mansion, towards the Movie, we are lead to believe the old dudes are crazy, but at the end, we find out they are actually the young dudes from that creepy mansion (the butler and the maid, I believe) trapped in different bodies via a strange ritual. We find out that the young guys have been doing this ritual for years, changing with bodies with younger people, get old, and repeat the process. I forgot how the movie ended, but I think the main character got turned old

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

SGRaaize posted:

The second I rented some years ago, Its about a girl that becomes a nanny for these two old dudes in a creepy mansion, towards the Movie, we are lead to believe the old dudes are crazy, but at the end, we find out they are actually the young dudes from that creepy mansion (the butler and the maid, I believe) trapped in different bodies via a strange ritual. We find out that the young guys have been doing this ritual for years, changing with bodies with younger people, get old, and repeat the process. I forgot how the movie ended, but I think the main character got turned old

Sounds like The Skeleton Key

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
YES!!! Thats the movie I was thinking about. Thank you so much.

ClearAirTurbulence
Apr 20, 2010
The earth has music for those who listen.
I hope I'm not reposting this too often, but it's been at least ten pages since my last attempt.

I've been trying to find the name of this movie for a long time. Unfortunately, I only saw a few minutes of it towards the end.

I saw it on cable television in the mid-1990s I think. I don't know anything about the plot of the movie, just the scene I saw. There were a bunch of teenagers hiding in a house or cabin in the woods. There was a girl, I think she had red hair, who had a dangerous boyfriend and a dorky guy was trying to talk her into running away from him. He was in the middle of conversation with her when the boyfriend snuck up and whacked him across the back of the head with a shovel. The girl screamed, and the guy who just got hit in the head stared blindly near her direction and called out her name, and said something about how he could barely hear her, even though she was right in front of him. He stumbled around a bit while the boyfriend said something disparaging about him.

I was impressed and disturbed by the effects of the head injury in the movie, it managed to be creepy without any blood and it had me paranoid about head injuries for years. I have never been able to figure out the name of the movie.

Some more details - I don't think the movie was older than late 1980s - something of the way it filmed outdoor nighttime exteriors screamed early '90s or late '80s. I'm pretty sure the scene with the shovel was at night. There were several other kids present who were being terrorized by the guy with the shovel, felt like most were mid to late teens though there may have been a younger kid too. The kid with the shovel had dark short hair, may have been hispanic. The kid getting whacked was tall and skinny. The production values were pretty good though it could have been a better-than-average made for cable or DTV movie it was high enough quality for a theatrical release.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I've been trying to remember the name of this one for a while.

It's one of those wire-fu type movies from China (I think), it's about two feuding ninja clans and the main characters are a guy who can freeze time and a girl who can kill just by looking at someone. There's a whole bunch of other characters and they each have their own special kung-fu power. The two enemies fall in love but in the end the girl kills the guy and then pokes her own eyes out to stop a war from starting.

I remember it being loving AWESOME and I really hope someone knows the name.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Symphoric posted:

It's one of those wire-fu type movies from China (I think), it's about two feuding ninja clans and the main characters are a guy who can freeze time and a girl who can kill just by looking at someone. There's a whole bunch of other characters and they each have their own special kung-fu power. The two enemies fall in love but in the end the girl kills the guy and then pokes her own eyes out to stop a war from starting.

It kind of sounds like Hero, but I'm not sure that's it. I do know that I have seen parts of the movie that you describe, and I know that there were a lot of wire-fu movies in the early 2000's, so this might fit.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

It kind of sounds like Hero, but I'm not sure that's it. I do know that I have seen parts of the movie that you describe, and I know that there were a lot of wire-fu movies in the early 2000's, so this might fit.

No it's definitely not Hero. I'm pretty sure the movie didn't have any actors who are well known in America like Jet Li. You're almost certainly right about the time period though, somewhere in the early to mid-00s I would guess.

I remember the opening scene being of the main male character sitting by a pool making time freeze as a fish flopped around and stopped in mid-air or something like that. Also I think the girl wore a blindfold most of the time to prevent her from killing everyone inadvertently, but I'm not sure about that part.

Edit: Honestly, it's probably not right to call it a "wire-fu" movie because I don't recall them actually using that much (or at all). But it was definitely in the same spirit as those movies.

Symphoric fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 20, 2011

Jaweeeblop
Nov 12, 2004

Symphoric posted:

Shinobi: Heart Under Blade

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Jaweeeblop posted:

Shinobi: Heart Under Blade

Yes! Thank you!

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie
This is a scene that for a long time I though was from Vietnam part of Forrest Gump, but very very obviously isn't: An American soldier in Vietnam is crawling through one of those little Vietcong tunnels and sees and kills someone, who turns out to be a kid. I don't remember if it was just a kid who wandered in there or a very young soldier, but either way the American soldier is upset about it. It's definitely not from Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, Siege of Firebase Gloria, or We Were Soldiers.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Masa posted:

This is a scene that for a long time I though was from Vietnam part of Forrest Gump, but very very obviously isn't: An American soldier in Vietnam is crawling through one of those little Vietcong tunnels and sees and kills someone, who turns out to be a kid. I don't remember if it was just a kid who wandered in there or a very young soldier, but either way the American soldier is upset about it. It's definitely not from Apocalypse Now, Platoon, Full Metal Jacket, Hamburger Hill, Siege of Firebase Gloria, or We Were Soldiers.

This is sort of like a plot point from one of the episodes of Band of Brothers.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Masa posted:

Casualties of War ?

Masa
Jun 20, 2003
Generic Newbie

Topper Harley posted:

This is sort of like a plot point from one of the episodes of Band of Brothers.
Definitely not from Band of Brothers

Mouser.. posted:

Casualties of War ?
There is a bit in the summary that sounds similar, I'll give it a rent to see.

Here's another scene that's not from the movie I thought it was: The protagonist takes a bomb that's about to explode into a church with thick stone walls to contain the damage. It might be some kind of radioactive dirty bomb and I think the church was in Manhattan. I originally thought it was from Broken Arrow.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

Masa posted:

Definitely not from Band of Brothers

There is a bit in the summary that sounds similar, I'll give it a rent to see.

Here's another scene that's not from the movie I thought it was: The protagonist takes a bomb that's about to explode into a church with thick stone walls to contain the damage. It might be some kind of radioactive dirty bomb and I think the church was in Manhattan. I originally thought it was from Broken Arrow.

The Peacekeeper, I think.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I go to :nws:three frames:nws: now and again and see something I can't identify but really wish I could. This is such a time.

Anyone know what film these are from? It looks pretty intense, whatever it is.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 05:49 on May 25, 2011

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Lotish posted:

I go to three frames now and again and see something I can't identify but really wish I could. This is such a time.

Anyone know what film these are from? It looks pretty intense, whatever it is.

Valhalla Rising
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0862467/

I thought it was a pretty cool film.

e: three frames
what... is this site?
link is NSFW btw, kinda hilariously so.

Pweller fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 25, 2011

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sorry. Tags added. And thanks.

I don't even remember how I found that site. It's always strangely mesmerizing, though.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

SaintFu posted:

The Peacekeeper, I think.

Peacemaker, with George Clooney.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Lotish posted:

I go to :nws:three frames:nws: now and again and see something I can't identify but really wish I could. This is such a time.
Just so you know, the Twitter link on the main page lists each movie every gif is made from.

http://twitter.com/#!/threeframes

I like three frames, too.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

You Are A Elf posted:

Just so you know, the Twitter link on the main page lists each movie every gif is made from.

http://twitter.com/#!/threeframes

I like three frames, too.

Or you can click through the dates next to the pictures - the post URLs are all the movie name. See? http://threeframes.net/post/5836966541/king-kong-2

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I've been looking for this movie for years, and every now and then I'll post in one of these threads hoping someone will recognize it!

This is a movie I saw a long time ago and barely remember anything about, but it's been driving me crazy for years. I saw it sometime before I was 13, so it can't be any newer than 1997. When I did see it it was on VHS, so it must be older than that. I was young enough that I didn't really pay attention to actors, so I really can't remember if anybody famous was in it or not. I know this is vague, but if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful! It migh have been a made for tv movie, as it was a homemade VHS. I don't remember a lot of gore, but there was plenty of violence and probably plenty of cursing. No nudity and no female main characters. My step dad called it "One man killing hunters", but that's not it at all. I've tried dozens of combinations of "hunter/hunting" on imdb in keyword search and plot search, but no dice.

Here are some of the bits and pieces I remember about it.

*Group of guys go to a private parcel of land that gets rented out especially for hunters. Each group has their own "zone' that they are supposed to stay in. It might have been an island, I remember they had to take a helicopter to get there.
*While waiting for said helicopter, the main character hears what sounds like an urban legend about a crazy old man that lives on the (possible) island. The legend says that the man went insane after his son was accidently shot in a hunting accident.
*Group gets shot at while crossing a big, white bridge.
*member of hunting party goes missing. Friend split up to go looking for him.
*They stumble across another hunting party that also had some of the people go missing. New group is distrustful of old group and assume that they are to blame for their missing friend.
*someone gets hung up in a tree. They may or may not have had their throat slit.
*At one point two of the people are hiding in a cave.
*Main character finds a different cave in which the Crazy Old Man was hiding out and had their friend locked up in a cage.
*Fire broke out and main character and maybe a couple of people escaped in the helicopter

The part I remember most is at the very end of the movie the Main Character was holding a party at his house with his wife and kids and hears something outside. He goes out to investigate and sees something hanging on his mailbox. When he goes to take a look at it he finds out that it was the ID badge that belonged to one of his friends that was killed, that was left on the Island.

It was more of a thriller than a horror movie or slasher. It's probably not even a good movie but I just need to know the title!! :(

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

I've been looking for this movie for years, and every now and then I'll post in one of these threads hoping someone will recognize it!

This is a movie I saw a long time ago and barely remember anything about, but it's been driving me crazy for years. I saw it sometime before I was 13, so it can't be any newer than 1997. When I did see it it was on VHS, so it must be older than that. I was young enough that I didn't really pay attention to actors, so I really can't remember if anybody famous was in it or not. I know this is vague, but if anyone can help I would be eternally grateful! It migh have been a made for tv movie, as it was a homemade VHS. I don't remember a lot of gore, but there was plenty of violence and probably plenty of cursing. No nudity and no female main characters. My step dad called it "One man killing hunters", but that's not it at all. I've tried dozens of combinations of "hunter/hunting" on imdb in keyword search and plot search, but no dice.

Here are some of the bits and pieces I remember about it.

*Group of guys go to a private parcel of land that gets rented out especially for hunters. Each group has their own "zone' that they are supposed to stay in. It might have been an island, I remember they had to take a helicopter to get there.
*While waiting for said helicopter, the main character hears what sounds like an urban legend about a crazy old man that lives on the (possible) island. The legend says that the man went insane after his son was accidently shot in a hunting accident.
*Group gets shot at while crossing a big, white bridge.
*member of hunting party goes missing. Friend split up to go looking for him.
*They stumble across another hunting party that also had some of the people go missing. New group is distrustful of old group and assume that they are to blame for their missing friend.
*someone gets hung up in a tree. They may or may not have had their throat slit.
*At one point two of the people are hiding in a cave.
*Main character finds a different cave in which the Crazy Old Man was hiding out and had their friend locked up in a cage.
*Fire broke out and main character and maybe a couple of people escaped in the helicopter

The part I remember most is at the very end of the movie the Main Character was holding a party at his house with his wife and kids and hears something outside. He goes out to investigate and sees something hanging on his mailbox. When he goes to take a look at it he finds out that it was the ID badge that belonged to one of his friends that was killed, that was left on the Island.

It was more of a thriller than a horror movie or slasher. It's probably not even a good movie but I just need to know the title!! :(

Is this it? (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106688/) I just searched for movies with the keyword "Most Dangerous Game" on IMDB, and this one mentions caves and helicopters and kind of matches your description.

Video review of it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QekNtRwq9ds)

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

BIG CITY LAWYER posted:

You're looking for Dominion with Brion James. (Linked to hilariously bad trailer featuring your crazed madman, helicopters, hanged men and white bridge). I actually didn't know that Brion James died and realized that I never saw anything with him again after the Fifth Element.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 26, 2011

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."

Mouser.. posted:

You're looking for Dominion with Brion James. (Linked to hilariously bad trailer featuring your crazed madman, helicopters, hanged men and white bridge). I actually didn't know that Brion James died and realized that I never saw anything with him again after the Fifth Element.

HOLY poo poo. I can't even being to tell you how much I appreciate this. I have literally been trying to find this movie for YEARS. I would scour imdb trying to find a hint of what it might be. Goddamn. You are a god to me!!!

It could be that 15+ years have made my memory foggy, but I remember it being a lot better than the trailer would leave you to think.

BIG CITY LAWYER fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 27, 2011

Bob Shadycharacter
Dec 19, 2005
Ugh, this is driving me nuts today for some reason. It's not so much that I remember a plot or a scene, but a single line of dialogue. A guy sort of jumps up and yells "ISN'T that HORRIBLE?!" and then runs away. I kinda want to say maybe it was Will Ferrell? I could be way off though.

Googling the phrase "isn't that horrible" is an exercise in futility.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
In the same vein as the post above me, I recalled this bit of dialogue from a movie, but for the life of me cannot remember what the movie is:

Character: "Got a light?"
Drunk Guy: "Yeah, your butt and my face!"
As the first character walks off -
Drunk Guy: "Wait a minute, it's a match. And it's not your butt, it's my butt!"

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

100 Years in Iraq posted:

In the same vein as the post above me, I recalled this bit of dialogue from a movie, but for the life of me cannot remember what the movie is:

Character: "Got a light?"
Drunk Guy: "Yeah, your butt and my face!"
As the first character walks off -
Drunk Guy: "Wait a minute, it's a match. And it's not your butt, it's my butt!"

Rustler's Rhapsody.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

Ugh, this is driving me nuts today for some reason. It's not so much that I remember a plot or a scene, but a single line of dialogue. A guy sort of jumps up and yells "ISN'T that HORRIBLE?!" and then runs away. I kinda want to say maybe it was Will Ferrell? I could be way off though.

Googling the phrase "isn't that horrible" is an exercise in futility.

Kind of sounds like a similar scene scene in Airplane!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

SaintFu posted:

Rustler's Rhapsody.

God, thank you.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm looking for the title of a movie that watching event horizon just reminded me of.

It's a group of people on a spaceship or space station or something who recover a satellite that has a virus on it. The inside of the satellite cover has an American flag on it. The people on the ship start killing each other and such and towards the end some people left on the ship make the lights on the outside of it flash some code for "infection" or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

I'm looking for the title of a movie that watching event horizon just reminded me of.

It's a group of people on a spaceship or space station or something who recover a satellite that has a virus on it. The inside of the satellite cover has an American flag on it. The people on the ship start killing each other and such and towards the end some people left on the ship make the lights on the outside of it flash some code for "infection" or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Are you thinking of The Andromeda Strain where the virus came to Earth on a US satellite and they ran around in a facility towards the end with a bunch of colored flashing lights going off or possibly Warning Sign where a US Bioweapons team accidentally release an infection in their secret lab and turn each other into Not-Zombies.

Mouser.. fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 28, 2011

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's neither of those, I'm pretty sure the entire movie takes place in space on the ship thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
This was an anime movie that got a smallish theatrical release (probably through Fathom Events) a year or two ago. I don't remember much other than it was set in medieval times and featured a siege of some sort. I also think the main character had some sort of animal sidekick. The animation was extremely impressive.

Edit: I just realized there's probably a comparable thread in the anime forum.