Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Can you pre-order the album off of itunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Just to let any of you guys who are interested but not following the Rock Band thread know, there will most likely be a Gaga pack put up as DLC for it on the 24th. It was announced it was coming this month, and we know it's not next week or on the 31st (which is Ozzy), and it makes sense it would be the same week as the album.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Chitin posted:

Oh NO you guys Lady Gaga is SELLING OUT.

Lady Gaga has no appeal for me once she goes from 'pop music, but with integrity' to just 'pop music' since I am not actually a fan of pop.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

TOOT BOOT posted:

Lady Gaga has no appeal for me once she goes from 'pop music, but with integrity' to just 'pop music' since I am not actually a fan of pop.

lol what? What does integrity have anything to do with your taste towards pop music? Also, have you ever seen a Lady Gaga video?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

http://www.ladygaga.com/preorder/bornthisway.html

:drat:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That t-shirt is the most fabulous.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Finally, a t-shirt that will get me laid (by giving it to my girlfriend.)

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
:stare:
I need that t-shirt.
I must own it.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I missed out on the super deluxe version of The Fame Monster... But not this time, this poo poo will be MINE :smugdog:

edit: Assuming I can get it in Sweden somehow...

texting my ex fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 13, 2011

discount dogs
Dec 29, 2008
It has been pre-ordered. I CANNOT WAIT.

For content, here's Gaga performing Judas on Graham Norton (airs tonight on BBC): http://youtu.be/DvvsjOvGhgg

I am not liking Judas live at all. Love the song in general, but I don't feel it makes a good live performance because the backing track is too loud and prominent. She sings pretty shakily in that performance (though I never knew how she could be so drat good while dancing, anyway).

discount dogs fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 13, 2011

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The bit where she was sitting on the couch was quite fun, she was adorable when she needled Paltrow about her scene in Shakespeare in Love. "Well there was a scene where I got unwrapped" "Oh you mean that REALLY famous scene".

Wormophile
Jul 22, 2007

me am fun
Holy poo poo that shirt

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Contemplating Jazz posted:

It has been pre-ordered. I CANNOT WAIT.

For content, here's Gaga performing Judas on Graham Norton (airs tonight on BBC): http://youtu.be/DvvsjOvGhgg

I am not liking Judas live at all. Love the song in general, but I don't feel it makes a good live performance because the backing track is too loud and prominent. She sings pretty shakily in that performance (though I never knew how she could be so drat good while dancing, anyway).

Ugh, just a couple weeks after the TV network here stopped playing Graham Norton to replace it with some awful sitcom for no reason.

edit:
I want that shirt, so bad.

Beartaco fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 14, 2011

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

TOOT BOOT posted:

She's never been 'pop music with integrity'. She represents pop music/culture that's made by an actual creative person, not manufactured by a room full of record executives, the producer of the week, and auto-tune. That's what makes her stand out from the rest of pop.

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 04:26 on May 14, 2011

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Gaga owns.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Is there no way to get the shirt alone without the exclusive downloads and stuff? Cause I'm poor but I need that shirt more than I need groceries. :)

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Nam Taf posted:

Gaga owns.

I love that even when she's chilling in her hotel room she still has her wig and makeup on. :allears:

Also, is that Mark Kanemura dancing with her? I was worried he wasn't coming back when he stopped touring to go on So You Think You Can Dance again, but I'm happy he's still with Gaga! :3: It must be both fun and hard to be a backup dancer; Gaga's choreography always looks exhausting as hell.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Is anyone else having trouble with this? When I try to select my country(Canada) it only gives the United States as an option but when I select that it says that they do not ship to the US.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

endolithic posted:

I love that even when she's chilling in her hotel room she still has her wig and makeup on. :allears:

Also, is that Mark Kanemura dancing with her? I was worried he wasn't coming back when he stopped touring to go on So You Think You Can Dance again, but I'm happy he's still with Gaga! :3: It must be both fun and hard to be a backup dancer; Gaga's choreography always looks exhausting as hell.

Yeah Mark has been constantly touring with her recently for the Born This Way stuff. If you look for him in all the recent performances she's done and all the newest videos, he's in there.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

I was born a Unicorn
I missed the ark but I could've sworn
You'd wait for me

I was born a Unicorn
I could've sworn you believed in me.
Then how come all the other Unicorns are dead?

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

duckdealer posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with this? When I try to select my country(Canada) it only gives the United States as an option but when I select that it says that they do not ship to the US.

No, the same keeps happening to me, except that I'd like them to ship to Germany. I can only select "United States" and then it says that they don't ship there.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
She's performing at Radio1's Big Weekend right now, here's a stream if anyone's interested
http://www.justin.tv/wmc_tv

e: she just came out of a coffin with a leather-covered baby bump... oh

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

Soundboz posted:

She's performing at Radio1's Big Weekend right now, here's a stream if anyone's interested
http://www.justin.tv/wmc_tv

e: she just came out of a coffin with a leather-covered baby bump... oh

I thought this was one of her best Judas performances. It sounds like she finally got the live vocals/harmonies right.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

ArmoredBlue posted:

I thought this was one of her best Judas performances. It sounds like she finally got the live vocals/harmonies right.

Agreed. Also that piano version of The Edge of Glory was unbelievable.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Are there videos of this up anywhere? I missed the stream.

Context
Sep 11, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Are there videos of this up anywhere? I missed the stream.

http://gagadaily.com/2011/05/lady-gaga-radio-1s-big-weekend/#more-18640

There were a couple more songs that I don't think are up there (Speechless and a bit of Americano) but those are most of them.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This may sound strange but of the songs released

Judas
Born this Way
Edge of Glory
(You And I) live version

I like these songs better then most of Fame Monster which seems to be the opposite of what people feel. I like elements of Fame Monster but I am enjoying these songs more then I expected too.

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Sf0rzando posted:

http://gagadaily.com/2011/05/lady-gaga-radio-1s-big-weekend/#more-18640

There were a couple more songs that I don't think are up there (Speechless and a bit of Americano) but those are most of them.

I love all the jazzy stuff she's doing here. The weird jazzy ending to You and I was awesome and a little creepy and I really like her cover or Orange Colored Sky.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Who cares about the CD though? If you want a physical copy, get vinyl. If you just want the music, it's up uncensored on itunes, amazon, zune store, and probably any other digital service you can think of.

Sorry, our car doesn't have a line-in jack or USB port for an mp3 player, nor does it have a record player.

This post really makes me feel old and non-hipsterish.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Sorry, our car doesn't have a line-in jack or USB port for an mp3 player, nor does it have a record player.

This post really makes me feel old and non-hipsterish.

They sell FM transmitters for MP3 players. Either on brand ones made by Apple and Microsoft for iPod and Zune, or offbrand ones that go from the headphone jack for others. I used one for about 5 years before getting a new stereo that had a line in. Which only cost about $150 after installation and parts, by the way. There's really no excuse this day and age to be using CDs or anything other than coasters or collecting purposes.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

They sell FM transmitters for MP3 players. Either on brand ones made by Apple and Microsoft for iPod and Zune, or offbrand ones that go from the headphone jack for others. I used one for about 5 years before getting a new stereo that had a line in. Which only cost about $150 after installation and parts, by the way. There's really no excuse this day and age to be using CDs or anything other than coasters or collecting purposes.

What a strange and vaguely trollish post.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

DominoDancing posted:

No, the same keeps happening to me, except that I'd like them to ship to Germany. I can only select "United States" and then it says that they don't ship there.

Well I'm glad it's not just a problem on my end. Does anyone know of another way to pre-order the fan package with the t-shirt?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

legsarerequired posted:

What a strange and vaguely trollish post.

Didn't mean it to be. Analysts say within 4 years they won't even be manufacturing CDs anymore. It's pretty much a dead format. Vinyl is the same way, but with it you get some nice, large art, and a physical thing, which is important to a lot of people (myself included) because it's something to actually hold instead of mp3's, which are just bits in the ether. I really don't get why people resist the technology moving forward though, when the excuses of it being expensive or hard to do don't really apply anymore. But this is a dumb derail. I was just trying to let the dude know that there are cheap, easy alternatives than sticking with CDs, which have always kind of sucked. No harm meant.

On topic though, here's something that bugs me. The Fame Monster vinyl was only the standard edition, with no special edition available, and Born This Way is the same. I'd gladly pay another $5 or $10 to get the extra tracks on it, but there's not even the option. You would think it would be the other way around if they were only going to offer one of them, as the people who buy vinyl are usually the more hardcore collectors. Hell, the vinyls cover is even the special edition cover. And the giant 7 LP special edition version that I linked to earlier still only has the standard edition's 17 tracks. Anyone know why they do this?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

TheJoker138 posted:

Didn't mean it to be. Analysts say within 4 years they won't even be manufacturing CDs anymore. It's pretty much a dead format.

Anyone who believes this is an idiot, and/or doesn't have parents who listen to music.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Wow, nice performance of Edge of Glory. It's probably my favorite GaGa track after Dance in the Dark, my last fm counts 250 plays of it in the last week :psyduck:

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Didn't mean it to be. Analysts say within 4 years they won't even be manufacturing CDs anymore. It's pretty much a dead format. Vinyl is the same way, but with it you get some nice, large art, and a physical thing, which is important to a lot of people (myself included) because it's something to actually hold instead of mp3's, which are just bits in the ether. I really don't get why people resist the technology moving forward though, when the excuses of it being expensive or hard to do don't really apply anymore. But this is a dumb derail. I was just trying to let the dude know that there are cheap, easy alternatives than sticking with CDs, which have always kind of sucked. No harm meant.
$150 for a line-in installation is a lot to some people, dude, especially when it's unnecessary because they still sell CDs (and will not stop selling CDs for a long time). And believe it or not, not everyone just has an MP3 player. You said "there is really no excuse" to keep using CDs, as if people should just be able to afford car audio installations, or should just be able to afford cars that have that stuff built-in, or should be able to afford MP3 players. It's kind of an ignorant, elitist thing to say.

And, yes, some people like a physical thing hold to on to, and why do you think CDs don't fit that bill? Vinyls sell fractions of the amount of CDs already, there is no reason to think CDs would go away but vinyls wouldn't.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crows Turn Off posted:

$150 for a line-in installation is a lot to some people, dude, especially when it's unnecessary because they still sell CDs (and will not stop selling CDs for a long time). And believe it or not, not everyone just has an MP3 player. You said "there is really no excuse" to keep using CDs, as if people should just be able to afford car audio installations, or should just be able to afford cars that have that stuff built-in, or should be able to afford MP3 players. It's kind of an ignorant, elitist thing to say.

And, yes, some people like a physical thing hold to on to, and why do you think CDs don't fit that bill? Vinyls sell fractions of the amount of CDs already, there is no reason to think CDs would go away but vinyls wouldn't.

Vinyl has a market of collectors that will always be there. I don't see CDs holding an audience like that. Also, I'm a poor rear end college student, and am in no way part of any kind of "elite" so there's also that. But this isn't really the thread for this, I'm sorry I even brought it up.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm gonna miss liner notes.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

Vinyl has a market of collectors that will always be there. I don't see CDs holding an audience like that. Also, I'm a poor rear end college student, and am in no way part of any kind of "elite" so there's also that. But this isn't really the thread for this, I'm sorry I even brought it up.
Vinyl has been hitting a high point for a number of years now, and is still only 1% of music sales figures. In 2009, figures put vinyl sales at almost 3 million; physical CDs figures were about 300 million, with digital albums being about 75 million. For whole albums go, physical CDs still account for 80% of purchases. Where are you getting the idea that CDs are a "dead format," because that definitely isn't coming from sales figures?

And you may be a "poor rear end college student," but you were able to afford a $150 audio hardware installation. And being in college already puts you ahead of two-thirds of the US population. You're living in an environment where most people around you have similar financial and educational situations (as college students), but most people aren't at your level, most people are below it, unfortunately. MP3 players and MP3-ready car stereo systems are luxuries, whether or not you want to believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

teacup posted:

Anyone who believes this is an idiot, and/or doesn't have parents who listen to music.

I'm pretty sure that even parents buy their music on iTunes so no, CDs are an essentially dead format. There is literally no reason to own one unless you want to rip it into lossless quality, and even then some artists offer that format on their respective websites.

• Locked thread