Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
What in the name of all that is good and holy is that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Sweet now blind people will know whose shirt they're wearing

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

SenorSpangiel posted:

Sweet now blind people will know whose shirt they're wearing

the blind people can already hear they're supporting pompy via the bell

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

The Mash posted:

the blind people can already hear they're supporting pompy via the bell
I mean the player on the shirt

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
I like that Pompy shirt. Don't know how it'll look in reality, though.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the Pompey shirt looks like a good fake. Kappa name on the front is where they've put it recently but NOT where it is on the Dortmund shirt, the dots don't follow the shoulder seams like on the Dortmund kit, and the Kappa logos on the shoulder look wrong.

plus that's too light a blue for Portsmouth, too, isn't it?

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

harperdc posted:

the Pompey shirt looks like a good fake. Kappa name on the front is where they've put it recently but NOT where it is on the Dortmund shirt, the dots don't follow the shoulder seams like on the Dortmund kit, and the Kappa logos on the shoulder look wrong.

plus that's too light a blue for Portsmouth, too, isn't it?

Yes the blues too light, the kappa logo on the right shoulder is upside down, and the Kappa trademark is at a dodgy angle. It's an 'artists impression' of the actual kit, by someone who has already seen it. And by artist I mean some mong with photoshop and half a frontal lobe. If its actually the same as the dortmund kit, but in blue with white squares it will actually be quite nice.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Guess that picture floating around of the new Barça shirt was true :barf:

http://store.nike.com/es/es_es/#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-300/pid-409394

The UNICEF thing on the rear end looks absolutely terrible.. :(

loving Rossell, he could've at least let our deal with UNICEF run out before putting a sponsor on the shirt.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 15, 2011

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

NattyBo posted:

loving Rossell, he could've at least let our deal with UNICEF run out before putting a sponsor on the shirt.

It's gonna turn in to a Mexican League shirt at this rate. For a team the size of Barcelona it's pretty ridiculous to have two sponsors on the shirt.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Did anyone screencap that nike page? It got taken down already.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

grvm posted:

Did anyone screencap that nike page? It got taken down already.

It's still up for me.

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

w00bi posted:

It's still up for me.

Can you see the back and post it?

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Lowden Swain posted:

Can you see the back and post it?

Yep.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Haha that Qatar Foundation logo is loving awful

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm going to get an actual UNICEF tramp stamp.

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

w00bi posted:

Yep.

Thank you.

Do not like.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

w00bi posted:

Yep.

oh my, wonder when this will become the new standard.. a different sponsor on the back.

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

T Fowl posted:

oh my, wonder when this will become the new standard.. a different sponsor on the back.

Affliction to sponsor the entire MLS keep this here

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

T Fowl posted:

Have you not seen Mexican and Latin American leagues? Even some French teams are pimping their kits up.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

T Fowl posted:

In smaller leagues there's often sponsors on the front, the shoulders, the sleeves, the backs and on the shorts.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

w00bi posted:

It's still up for me.

The shirt itself isnt as horrible as it looked from the pictures before (the colors don't make my eyes bleed), but god drat... who came up with that logo? I know their paying 125 million to put that on the shirt, shouldn't they have paid someone to make something not horrible?

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

grvm posted:

The shirt itself isnt as horrible as it looked from the pictures before (the colors don't make my eyes bleed), but god drat... who came up with that logo? I know their paying 125 million to put that on the shirt, shouldn't they have paid someone to make something not horrible?

It'd be better if it read "Country that gave Blatter a gently caress ton of cash"

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Lowden Swain posted:

It'd be better if it read "Country that gave Blatter a gently caress ton of cash"

haha, no way man! They won that bid fair.

Lowden Swain
Jul 11, 2006
can't hold his mud

grvm posted:

haha, no way man! They won that bid fair.

Probably true, and my idea wouldn't fit on a shirt.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Some teams even have 2 or 3 sponsors on the shorts.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

euroboy posted:

In smaller leagues there's often sponsors on the front, the shoulders, the sleeves, the backs and on the shorts.

that is one of the most pathetic pictures i've ever seen. not sure if it's the hair or the pepsi..

everything about qatar is dumb and barca are the worst.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Paul Pot posted:

that is one of the most pathetic pictures i've ever seen. not sure if it's the hair or the pepsi..

you take that back right now you cretin

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

euroboy posted:

you take that back right now you cretin

ok, it might be the norwegian language

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Seriously. Fair play to the teams in the big leagues for not pimping out their shirts like that. I don't really get why they wouldn't though? Is football maybe... not dead?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Unicef isn't really a sponsor though, in fact it's Barcelona who give them money

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
it's dead mate, the necrophiles just haven't arrived yet

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

jyrka posted:

Seriously. Fair play to the teams in the big leagues for not pimping out their shirts like that. I don't really get why they wouldn't though? Is football maybe... not dead?

say you need to hit Sponsorship Budget $X for sales of your shirt sponsorship. If you're in the EPL, of course one company will stump up that all up and be the only team on your shirt. But if you're in Mexico or Scandinavia or other places, it probably takes two or even three different companies to add up to $X.

You need to get that target, how many companies make up the sums depends on those factors.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Championship teams have additional sponsors on the back too

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
What's a typical PL sponsorship payment anyway? £8m a season maybe? I know Liverpool get 20m from Standard Chartered but what are Villa or Sunderland pulling in for theirs?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
You'd think that the Qataris could at least hire a graphics designer to give them a logo that didn't look like someone made it in Word.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Paul Pot posted:

it's dead mate, the necrophiles just haven't arrived yet
It's us, we're the necrophiliacs deriving joy from football's corpse.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Looking at that new Dortmund shirt, all I see is this

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Nothus posted:

You'd think that the Qataris could at least hire a graphics designer to give them a logo that didn't look like someone made it in Word.

they're spending all their money on Floating Football Stadiums, silly

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

NattyBo posted:

Guess that picture floating around of the new Barça shirt was true :barf:

http://store.nike.com/es/es_es/#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-300/pid-409394

The UNICEF thing on the rear end looks absolutely terrible.. :(

Are you from Spain or something, I always see you posting 'us/our/we' with regards to Barca, I'm just curious cause you post in MLS threads too.

Also yeah, that poo poo is looking pretty Mexican now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
he's a plastic