Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Qaz Kwaz posted:

I think Howard is right in that a lot of his audience simply doesn't get the show. I've been a fan since the 90s and have listened to every single minute of every show since late 2005, and I have not once been pissed off at it. I don't even understand how anyone could be. It's entertainment, simple as that. Would you get pissed off when going down the slide at a waterpark? Would you get pissed off while watching a concert with your favorite band? Maybe you should stop listening to the show for a while and quit bitching about it.

I really don't understand these posts. Do these guys even read SA at all? All we do is bitch about every single thing for every reason :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

kylej posted:

VODKA STRAIGHT UP THANK YOUUUU

Anyone got a picture of the chick who said that? I forgot who it was.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
She's the dozy looking one here, I think.

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1124769600

Just some random Scores girl. (got a tattoo!)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
Richard Belzer interview from I think last year.

Now HE would be good in the Artie chair. He and Howard have probably the best chemistry I have ever heard as far as his interviews go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFcxjgRQL64&NR=1

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm over it, but I guess to entertain the point - how many knights do we have outside of medieval literature or fantasy? Zero, but yet everyone knows it's not pronounced "kanigget". I suppose usage of "mage" is probably restricted to more fantasy use than non, but it's still hardly some obscure word that Blizzard invented.

:goonsay:

Basically it just annoyed me because I'm not into WoW nor am I a fantasy gamer and yet I know and have known that word for as long as I can recall, and that entire segment of asking her WoW trivia that neither the asker nor the answerer had any idea what any of it meant was bad radio.
I would say that everyone knows what a knight is sure, but in the instance of a mage most movies and things like that call them wizards, which everyone knows what it is.

I honestly don't think I have heard the term mage used 1 time outside of the internet in at least 5 years. The point made about him pronouncing it wrong over and over I agree with, but ragging on someone for not knowing what a mage is, well that is just some goon rage. Hell, I bet my roommate doesn't know what a mage is. He doesn't use the internet or play any games besides things like call of duty. I will ask him when he gets home.

edit
Earthquake would be my favorite addition to the Artie chair. Every time he is on I piss my pants laughing, no comedian makes me laugh harder at the moment. I am not sure if he could do it day in and day out for years, but that is a two week experiment I would like to listen to

Ribsauce fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 14, 2011

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

chiz posted:

Richard Belzer interview from I think last year.

Now HE would be good in the Artie chair. He and Howard have probably the best chemistry I have ever heard as far as his interviews go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFcxjgRQL64&NR=1

If Belzer came into the Artie chair, I would resubscribe in a heart beat.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Here's a small article about the Sirius/Stern lawsuit from a few days ago.

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-files-answer-to-stern-suit-seeks-dismissal-of-suit-without-prejudice.php

quote:

The company did pay Stern $25 million, and Buchwald $2.5 million when the merger with XM was completed, a fact that perhaps most investors were not aware of.

Good thing Stern turned around and sued them for more money. Now maybe he'll be able to afford that bicycle one of these days.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

After listening to the wrap up where the guys were talking about if they would bang Bibi, I didn't realize JD actually had sex with Kimberly Kane. I couldn't find any clips on youtube, but does someone remember around what time that all happened? I'm a JD fan and that poo poo sounds like it could be really funny.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Vakal posted:

Here's a small article about the Sirius/Stern lawsuit from a few days ago.

http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-files-answer-to-stern-suit-seeks-dismissal-of-suit-without-prejudice.php

Good thing Stern turned around and sued them for more money. Now maybe he'll be able to afford that bicycle one of these days.

This is more about the money. Asking for the definition on subscribers could be incredibly damaging to the company, and it's hard to see Stern not looking towards getting more money just to remain silent.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

This is more about the money. Asking for the definition on subscribers could be incredibly damaging to the company, and it's hard to see Stern not looking towards getting more money just to remain silent.

and Beth to remain with him.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

I know Howard hates people knowing how much money he has, I wonder if he's hoping for a settlement before Sirius XM opens up their accounting books to show how much he has received.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ether Frenzy posted:

She's the dozy looking one here, I think.

http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1124769600

Just some random Scores girl. (got a tattoo!)

drat, I liked the picture in my head better.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-quivers/the-joys-of-participation_b_861475.html

quote:

I just got back from Napa a few days ago where we held the first ever 15 Foundation "It's For The Kids Benefit Concert." What a wonderful weekend! I met so many fantastic fans. We had a great dinner on the lawn at the Villagio in Yountville. It was amazing to look out and see the faces of so many friends.

The Connelly Ranch is one of the charities we partnered with for this event. We were treated to a performance by the kids who participated in a spring break program there; the 15 Foundation sponsored an improvisational music program for them. These precocious 6- and 7-year-olds wrote their own song called "Amazing, Spectacular, Flying Starfish." Later, David Pack of Ambrosia picked up a guitar and serenaded us with some of his hits. My favorite was Make a Wish. I found myself still humming it when I was back at work Monday morning.

Kerry Egan, one of the 15 Foundation board members, and I auctioned off a few items live and in person. Kerry did the auctioneering; I was the spokes model. We made a great team and made more money for the cause to boot. Have to thank the Late Show with David Letterman people and Vanessa Williams of Desperate Housewives as well as the Shandry Family for their generous donations. Thanks to all the bidders too.

Once dessert was served it was time to board the trolley to get to the Lincoln Theater. Our headliner, Leon Russell, had rolled into town in his giant tour bus early that morning. There was a sighting of him on the streets of Yountville earlier that day. I was excited -- I had never seen him perform live before -- and there were some other great performers on the bill too.

After stopping by Leon's bus to say hello, I rushed over to the theater to meet the kids from the Edible School yard, our other charity.They had also participated in a MIMA workshop and they had written and recorded their own song and mad a video. About 10 very enthusiastic middle school students entered the green room. They had each learned to play their parts on instruments they had never studied or played before to perform in the video, which was about to be debuted.

The warm reception that greeted me when I walked on stage was almost overwhelming. I don't know how to convey what it means to have people show up for an event that I have created. It means so much and I so wanted everyone to have a good time. Just as I was about to leave the stage, I thanked the audience for putting up with all the antics of the Howard Stern all these years and got the warmest applause of all. It's amazing how wonderful our fans are.

Speaking of how great the audience was, the opening acts included a local group of musicians called the Pickups and San Francisco media personality Brian Copeland. The Pickups are a group of winery owners who created their own garage band just because they like to play. Turns out, what they play is mostly country. They love what they're doing and you can tell they're having a really good time. Brian, the comedian, who is black, heard the music they were playing and started to freak out. I was summoned back stage. Brian wanted me to introduce him because he felt funny following a country band.

I went out, thanked the Pickups for being there and asked the audience to give them another round of applause. Then I did Brian's introduction. I don't know what he was worried about; he was great and he got lots of laughs. I heard a woman a few rows behind me exclaim, "I love him," during his set.

After a short intermission, Leon Russell and his band took the stage. He was great. He looked like a big, ole rock and roll Santa sitting behind his keyboard in an Hawaiian shirt. He was in fine voice, sang all the hits and his band was tight. He even dedicated a song to me. That made all the hard work worth it.

Thank you to all the people who attended and to all the amazing people who worked behind the scenes to pull the evening together, especially Vida Mulec. She is the only staff member of the 15 foundation. She gives all the orders and then carries them out. She's amazing. And thanks to all of you. I love you.

Joe 30330 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 15, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
"I thanked the audience for putting up with all the antics of the Howard Stern all these years and got the warmest applause of all. It's amazing how wonderful our fans are."

Yeah that Howard Stern is a horrible creep Robin.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I was wondering if someone could whip up a pack of all the Tradio phone calls? Those things are hilarious and I could really use them for my commute.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Someone did. It was from that time awhile back where they played a new one like every day for 2-3 weeks.

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

News Anchor, "The Howard Stern Show"

Yep... Sure, that's exactly what she is.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Joe Don Baker posted:

I was wondering if someone could whip up a pack of all the Tradio phone calls? Those things are hilarious and I could really use them for my commute.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3378673#post386458749

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Have I told you that I love you.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I'll be driving about 2,000 miles this week as part of my vacation and this will help greatly with the overnight drives.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
That recording of Robin singing Cocaine us the funniest thing on the show since the Sal Apology Tape.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
It's so awesome without the music. Just out of nowhere: "Co-kai-ain-a".

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

That recording of Robin singing Cocaine us the funniest thing on the show since the Sal Apology Tape.

Howard playing that and ripping on her at 6:05 AM this morning helped make my day a lot more bearable.

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07

Brocktoon posted:

It's going to be great when it really catches on like Topless and Peace and Love and fans start calling into the show leading off with CO-CAINE-YA and really berating Robin

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Also, Brian Phelan is a loving moron. How stupid are you to encourage the dog to poo poo in its crate?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
First show I've listened to in a couple weeks and it was a good one!

Kimmel is a great guest.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
ughhh I missed black on black tonight. I was at home depot around 7:30 and saw a Moen faucet display and just started cursing! drat it all

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

For anyone who's curious radio IO put out their 10-Q filing today. Some highlights of the madness.

quote:

During the quarter ended March 31, 2011 and 2010, the Company incurred net losses of approximately $248,000 and $232,000, respectively, while cash provided (used) by operations was approximately $463,000 and ($133,000). The Company has not attained a level of revenues sufficient to support recurring expenses.

In June 2010, the Company issued 16,000,000 shares of its common stock to related parties in connection with the conversion of debt. Entities controlled by Thomas Bean received 10,000,000 shares and entities controlled by Alex H. Edwards received 6,000,000 shares.

On April 4, 2011, the Company’s board of directors approved the following actions:
The issuance of 3,000,000 restricted common shares to each of the directors, Thomas Bean, John Stanton, and Alex Edwards, in lieu of any compensation, which would have been received during the previous five years of service through December 31, 2010;

In April 2011, the Company issued 10,000,000 restricted common shares to the Bubba the Love Sponge Show and related personnel as part of the agreement with the Bubba the Love Sponge Show to provide content for Radioio Live.

They have increased sales %61 in Q1 but somehow loosing 7% more per the 2010 quarter, of course the fans couldn't stop the stock from totally tanking today almost loosing 50% of its value.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Can someone smart explain that to me? So Bubba got some shares to put on his new show?

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Kelly posted:

Can someone smart explain that to me? So Bubba got some shares to put on his new show?

Yes and he was put on the Board of Directors for radioIO as well. Not sure how much power that wields him though. People that signed up for the 3 year deal are all being issued 100 restricted shares of the stock (which closed at .12 today and will probably do even worse tomorrow) as well.

I've listened to his 2 hour uncensored show and it really isn't worth the money for a subscription. Two hours (minus his constant plugging of bullshit merch/commercials/him stuffing his face on air) is just too short.

edit: he's kind of flipping out at people on his twitter account right now http://twitter.com/#!/BTLSRADIO

Mr Hands Colon fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 17, 2011

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Kelly posted:

Summary he would of been better off taking the 200k/year from Sirius/XM :D

With the influx of cash they had from the $300 golden ticket subscribers they have a year before they go bust with current capital.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

cocainnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The show's email was so right today when someone asked "if Robin leads such a clean life why does she need to detox?"

Robin's answer was "it takes seven years to replace your cells!"

This woman was a nurse and an officer in the Air Force.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Former Human posted:

The show's email was so right today when someone asked "if Robin leads such a clean life why does she need to detox?"

Robin's answer was "it takes seven years to replace your cells!"

Holy poo poo :stare:

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

I totally heard this today and totally knew I was going to read something about it in this thread tonight.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Viktor posted:

Summary he would of been better off taking the 200k/year from Sirius/XM :D

With the influx of cash they had from the $300 golden ticket subscribers they have a year before they go bust with current capital.

They are seriously between a rock and a hard place because they cant afford to put any money into the online streaming, and until they do most people are streaming the show for free.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
coh-kah-ee-naaah

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Sirius sent me a bill in the mail saying I owe them $9 for some internet streaming service, plus $2 for finance charges. What the gently caress? Several months ago, the guy I talked to at Sirius told me I was paid out for the year for service. On top of that, I never agreed to be billed any finance charges. In the past, they had cut off my internet streaming when I hadn't paid it.

gently caress Sirius.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bubba going nuts over the stock price drop is great. It's like he has no idea what's happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Company worth $2.78 issues 200,000,000 shares of stock, price drops. Film at 11.