Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

LGD posted:

So I just started playing this again and installed a few mods. It's been a blast so far but I had a question related to The Armory Mod- how are the weapon modkits supposed to work (if at all)? They don't show up as equipable weapon mods for the weapons themselves and are listed as misc. items in my inventory. Are they just not implemented yet? I'd think it would be a conflict with another mod except the problem still persists even when I have nothing but the base game/A World of Pain (which people seem to be using it with) and CONELRAD enabled.

Am I missing something obvious?
The Armory's weapon mods work, but not every gun can use every mod. It's happened to me more than once that I buy a mod and find none of my weapons can use it. They're used just like vanilla weapon mods though, I guess findin what works with what is just trial and error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Syrant posted:

Thanks for the heads up, looks great.

Np, jonnyeah usually updates within hours of me releasing something that requires a comp patch since we work so closely together, thanks to FOOK.

PS: I'll probably get crackin' on Honest Hearts weapons as soon as it's out here in Finland :3

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 16, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Woebin posted:

The Armory's weapon mods work, but not every gun can use every mod. It's happened to me more than once that I buy a mod and find none of my weapons can use it. They're used just like vanilla weapon mods though, I guess findin what works with what is just trial and error.

Half the fun! On the positive side, the mods are universal for ease of use and most weapons tend to use the same type of pieces.

Oh god please don't make me write out documentation for that many weapons...

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Naky posted:

Half the fun! On the positive side, the mods are universal for ease of use and most weapons tend to use the same type of pieces.

Hey, doesn't bother me. I've got a collection of mods and buy a new Armory gun whenever I afford something that sounds cool (knowing absolutely nothing about guns, I just guess what I'm getting based on ammo type and illustration) and then see if any of them fit. If the previously mentioned Armory wiki is a thing that happens I'll happily add the information I run across, though.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007

Gyshall posted:

Holy poo poo, this is fantastic. Any shot of this in game? How about the Tommy Gun?

At any rate, this really good, much better than the default, and I like that you've referenced the original game.

Thanks. No in game shots yet, unfortunately as I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually play it for a while. There's a good Thompson in The armory already so I probably won't be doing that one from CFWNV.

Syrant posted:

I removed CFWNV and I didn't like the 10mm from the pack but that texture is much more detailed and looks like something I'd carry for aesthetics (which was why I carried most CFWNV weapons, just style). It looked too small to me but I may just be used to the 10mm model from FO3, a lot of those old icons for the weapons had details in them that you might need to study to really notice.

Edit: Where should I place the armory leveled list in my loadout if I'm using WME?

The goal is to eventually pester Naky into including the classic weapons that aren't in already because they aren't real guns, except CFWNV has some horrifyingly bad textures on some of them and they'd look really bad with all the other stuff. I'd like to just have one weapon mod installed and do away with all the others.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Safety Hammer posted:

Thanks. No in game shots yet, unfortunately as I haven't had a chance to sit down and actually play it for a while. There's a good Thompson in The armory already so I probably won't be doing that one from CFWNV.

The goal is to eventually pester Naky into including the classic weapons that aren't in already because they aren't real guns, except CFWNV has some horrifyingly bad textures on some of them and they'd look really bad with all the other stuff. I'd like to just have one weapon mod installed and do away with all the others.

... okay one final update after 2.0 but no timeline or rush. How many are we looking at?

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
Honest Hearts is out now, and there's a Wild Wasteland event that this thread is going to love.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

NVSE updated for Honest Hearts yet?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I don't even think HH is out yet so probably not.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roman posted:

I don't even think HH is out yet so probably not.

Someone in the other thread said it was for them. :(

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Crap I haven't even gotten Dead Money yet.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The 360 version got released early this morning. Steam is taking their time though.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Honest Hearts out on steam but it seems to be having a bit of a fit with server activity, just in case someone here doesn't read the PC thread.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
I was able to find it by searching for "Fallout New Vegas" but not for "Honest Hearts." :wtc: But yes, it's there, just buried under stuff.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Category Fun! posted:

Honest Hearts is out now, and there's a Wild Wasteland event that this thread is going to love.

What?

Edit: Oh. Very nice! It's a nod to "Two-Bears-High-Fiving"

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 17, 2011

poop
Jun 20, 2009

USER FOREVER BANNED FOR DOUBTING THE FOREVER BAN
Out of curiosity, is dead money worth getting? (I know its the modding thread and all, but hey)

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed

poop posted:

Out of curiosity, is dead money worth getting? (I know its the modding thread and all, but hey)

Personally, I liked it more than Honest Hearts.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I take it beta 10 isn't the HH update for NVSE? Cuz geck is still broken.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
New Vegas is crashing on me the second after I get through the opening cutscene (WHY THE loving gently caress DID IT HAVE TO BE UNSKIPPABLE) for Honest Hearts. Zion loads and Jed gets out "All right people" and then boom CTD. I've been disabling mods left and right, and nothing works. I had just gotten the game to a point where it was really stable too, hadn't had a crash in days. Goddammit. Load order:

FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
IIWR 2.1.0.esp
UrgeWasterScarf.esp
TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
SpetsnazArmor.esp
WearGloves.esp
UHNV.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
PortableCampsite.esp
DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
Heads don't fall off (explode only).esp
zaty1elimachete-HardMode.esp
hz_DeLisle.esp
COD4Weapons.esp

Total active plugins: 22
Total plugins: 22

Keep in mind that this has to been cut down to less than a third of the mods I had running before.

Fake edit: Holy Christ, I have disabled EVERY SINGLE MOD and it still crashes. What the gently caress.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Horns posted:

Fake edit: Holy Christ, I have disabled EVERY SINGLE MOD and it still crashes. What the gently caress.

Same here, something's hosed up it seems.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
I'm not sure what caused it, but recently my game has gotten very crash happy. I can't even warp to the Northern Passage to start HH without it crashing every single time.

Here's my load order, maybe there's something there that shouldn't be?

Active Mod Files:
00 FalloutNV.esm
01 DeadMoney.esm
02 HonestHearts.esm
03 Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esm
04 CBC Dead Money Patch.esm
05 AmmoSpreadEffectFixer.esm
06 ClassicPack.esm
07 MercenaryPack.esm
08 TribalPack.esm
09 CaravanPack.esm
0A IWR.esm
0B drgNV - Melissa Companion.esm [Version 0.88]
0C rePopulated Wasteland.esm
0D Tales from the Burning Sands.esm [Version 1.21d]
0E AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
0F Project Nevada - Core.esm
10 ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
11 ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
12 Caliber.esm
13 CFWNV.esm
14 FOOK - New Vegas.esm
15 FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
16 MoMod.esm [Version 3]
17 Lings.esm
18 The.Armory.esm
++ headgearfix.esp
19 DarNifiedUINV.esp
1A CASM.esp
1B Bobblehunt.esp
1C IWR - Rebuilt.esp
1D OperationFixedTerrain.esp
1E Purge Cell Buffers.esp
1F Readius_NV.esp
20 Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
21 NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
22 NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
23 NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
24 RustTownV1-1.esp
25 UHNV.esp
26 UHNV-Dead Money.esp
27 UHNV-More Mannequins.esp
28 FOOK - New Vegas.esp
29 FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
++ FOOK - Lings.esp
2A CFWNV-FOOK.esp
2B Reload.esp
2C Rearm.esp
++ ReSort.esp
2D Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
2E Existence2.0.esp
2F CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
30 ExtendedNVRadio.esp
31 NewVegasBounties.esp
32 NewVegasBountiesII.esp
33 BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
34 LFox Bottle That Water.esp
35 AWOP-MoMod.esp
36 Rustyhwys.esp
++ Better Binoculars High.esp
++ better that gun 223.esp
37 Classic energy weapons.esp
38 FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
39 mac10.esp
3A Boacombat2glove.esp
3B BOAt51b.esp
3C Classic Midwestern Power Armor.esp
3D JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
3E Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
3F TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
40 drgNV - Marcus Companion.esp [Version 0.80.1]
41 drgNV - Melissa Companion (Lings Hairstyle Add-On).esp
42 SunnyCompanion.esp
++ PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
43 WeaponModsExpanded.esp
44 WMX-AWOP Patch.esp
45 WeaponModsExpanded_FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
++ WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
46 WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
47 WMX-DeadMoney.esp
48 WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
49 WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
++ ParallaxRoadtrim.esp
4A Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
4B Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp [Version 5.2.5]
4C ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp [Version 1.0]
4D CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
4E Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
4F MiscItemWeapons.esp
50 The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
51 mossberg500.esp
52 LegendaryHunter.esp
53 NAPA-NV 0.1.esp
++ FOOK - Weapon Balance Hotfix.esp
++ ReloadCalX3-1.esp
++ The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
++ The.Armory.Realism.Tweak.esp
++ unlocked armors v2_2.esp
54 WMX-FOOKNV CP.esp
++ WMX-FOOKNV-DLCs CP.esp
55 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Bashed as much as possible, BOSS'd, NVSE is up to date. I've done everything I can think of.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Verify Steam's files to make sure that everything's kosher. Some people have been reporting issues on the forums with HH not downloading completely (it's about 450MB altogether).

Also, NVSE works fine. The game executable wasn't updated at all.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
Did that. All that happened was that it reverted my INI.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Validating the cache for the second time after disabling all my mods did the trick for me. Didn't work the first time. And now I go through the painstaking process of activating and reorganizing all my mods again. gently caress me, why didn't I save my load order.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

ETPC posted:

Did that. All that happened was that it reverted my INI.

I'm sorry to hear that. My only advice atm is to disable mods and see if you can get things started without it crashing, then start re-enabling one-by-one.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I worked my problems out by uninstalling/disabling that time multiplayer and turning off weather mods while letting time pass in the Mojave, for what it's worth.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

QuantaStarFire posted:

Also, NVSE works fine. The game executable wasn't updated at all.

Seconded. The only real problem that might come up is that Honest Hearts introduces a revamped sky and weather effects, which may conflict with weather/sky overhauls, but unless the weather/sky overhauls affect add-on content, it shouldn't be an issue.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
My issue wasn't with NVSE, but GECK which had some issue with a mod I was loading. My bad.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Started on the DLC weapons.

First up, A Light Shining in Darkness;

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Arenovalis posted:

Started on the DLC weapons.

First up, A Light Shining in Darkness;

Woah gently caress yeah. It's already pretty good but my first thought getting it was "Can't wait till Arenovalis gets his hands on this."

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Chinaman7000 posted:

Woah gently caress yeah. It's already pretty good but my first thought getting it was "Can't wait till Arenovalis gets his hands on this."

Oh? I was kinda disappointed in all the DLC weapons, the models/normal maps are better than vanilla game, but the texture work looks very concrete-ish :/

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Arenovalis posted:

Oh? I was kinda disappointed in all the DLC weapons, the models/normal maps are better than vanilla game, but the texture work looks very concrete-ish :/

Yeah the tarnished metal parts look fairly cheesy, but then again I thought that about most of the stock guns. I've also been playing FO3 off and on with one of those jumbo-gun packs with half of them coming straight out of Counterstrike, so I might be used to that.

Also the model for the Survivalist's Rifle has misaligned iron sights, but I can't tell if that's on purpose or not.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
I feel like I've been missing out a bit without Wild Wasteland, and since I'm playing pretty thoroughly, I don't think I'll be back for a second playthrough. If I were to add the trait through the console, any idea how that'd impact the game? Will the encounters or items changed by the trait be retroactively added?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is there a mod that lets you do a new game+?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Chinaman7000 posted:

Also the model for the Survivalist's Rifle has misaligned iron sights, but I can't tell if that's on purpose or not.
It's on purpose, but if you aim at the right front post's top, that's where it's shooting.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Naky posted:

Yeah, guess I just didn't try enough gunmods or weapons. Thanks for making the mod though, it's pretty awesome. And nobody could be so cruel as to expect you to document all of that. :(

negseven
Mar 5, 2003

Tromaville Uber Alles!

ETPC posted:

I'm not sure what caused it, but recently my game has gotten very crash happy. I can't even warp to the Northern Passage to start HH without it crashing every single time.

Here's my load order, maybe there's something there that shouldn't be?

Do you have any companions with you? HH seems to have a really hard time dealing with anyone you bring in.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

LGD posted:

Yeah, guess I just didn't try enough gunmods or weapons. Thanks for making the mod though, it's pretty awesome. And nobody could be so cruel as to expect you to document all of that. :(

Nobody. Except me. Yes, I'm working on a PDF... and yes, it's brutal. But it looks good so far. However, I don't think it will make release so people will have to wait a bit for it.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
gently caress yes. Simple Street Lights - if you're like me and think Electrocity is just loving ridiculous (ANOTHER JOB BY ELECTROCITY! :downs:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

gently caress yes. Simple Street Lights - if you're like me and think Electrocity is just loving ridiculous (ANOTHER JOB BY ELECTROCITY! :downs:)

Holy gently caress thank you. I installed ELECTROCITY for the first time last week and was amazed at how much it wants you to know that WE ADDED A LOT OF LIGHTS TO NEW VEGAS.