Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Norm Macdonald and James Urbaniak are the two people I'd kill to have as guest riffers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exp0n
Oct 17, 2004

roll the tapes

exp0n fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 1, 2014

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Norm Macdonald and James Urbaniak are the two people I'd kill to have as guest riffers.

I couldn't agree with this more if I was a machine built specifically to agree with things.

Lareous
Feb 19, 2008

^^^^^ I agree with this statement.

I enjoy the hell out of Rifftrax and MST3K even though most people I'm friends with are just annoyed someone is talking over the movie ("Why don't those guys shut up?" :negative:)

If you haven't seen any of ICWXPs stuff in the iRiffs, you should check them out. It's an updated MST3K with a zombie theme. The skits are alright but the jokes are hilarious in most of them and there's a surprising amount of production value for a project that small.

Lareous fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 5, 2011

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CHARONS BOAT RIDER posted:

I couldn't agree with this more if I was a machine built specifically to agree with things.

Thirded. Maybe we should start an online petition to Mike and the guys.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Haven't they been hinting at James Urbaniak (not to mention John Hodgeman) as possible guest riffers for over a year now? Why hasn't this happened yet?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

What did Paul F. Tompkins guest-riff on? I just saw his live show a few weeks ago and was sore from laughing afterwards.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobservo posted:

What did Paul F. Tompkins guest-riff on? I just saw his live show a few weeks ago and was sore from laughing afterwards.

He did some stuff on the live House on Haunted Hill show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Heads up, new short County Fair is done by the same people as the "Grass" short.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Giggling Marv is nightmare fuel.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Heads up, new short County Fair is done by the same people as the "Grass" short.

Where the hell can I watch that short?

EDIT: found it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc9R5sdn5es

bobservo fucked around with this message at 07:33 on May 7, 2011

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Grass short was shown during one of the live shows. I can't remember if it was House On Haunted Hill or Reefer Madness. But both will be out on disk finally this month, so we'll find out then.

Moscow Mule
Dec 21, 2004

Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.
Reefer Madness I think. I remember because of...grass.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Moscow Mule posted:

Reefer Madness I think. I remember because of...grass.

Yeah it was this one because it was the only one I've seen live and I sure do remember all the wonderful uses of grass.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just got two emails saying that each of the Bluray live shows I ordered are now pushed back until Jully 22-26th for the arrival date. :smith:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
The DVDs don't seem to be effected by the delay, though I'm not holding my breath.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just started watching Birdemic for the first time. Holy poo poo, Nguyen makes Wiseau look like Cecil B. DeMille by comparison :psyboom:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Coooooool....

On a side note, I'm trying to beta test the Rifftrax player for the Mac, and I don't think anyone would want to use this over playing iTunes/iPod along with a TV. It needs a lot of work.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
OK, so I pre-ordered both Rifftrax Live DVDs off of Amazon and both are having issues. "House on Haunted Hill" has an 'out of stock' status on it's page, and "Reefer Madness" has a 'shipping in 1 to 3 weeks' message. Anyone else having issues, or did yours ship?

EDIT: I didn't mean the Blu-Rays. I knew about that delay. Anyone else pre-order the DVDs and have this problem?

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 17, 2011

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

OK, so I pre-ordered both Rifftrax Live DVDs off of Amazon and both are having issues. "House on Haunted Hill" has an 'out of stock' status on it's page, and "Reefer Madness" has a 'shipping in 1 to 3 weeks' message. Anyone else having issues, or did yours ship?

Myself, a few posts up posted:

I just got two emails saying that each of the Bluray live shows I ordered are now pushed back until Jully 22-26th for the arrival date. :smith:

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

EDIT: I didn't mean the Blu-Rays. I knew about that delay. Anyone else pre-order the DVDs and have this problem?

Cancel your order and get them straight from the source: http://www.rifftrax.com/dvds

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_12frurPgU&feature=youtu.be

Two new VODs coming up: The Crater Lake Monster & The Devil's Hand.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Wow, I'm really psyched for these. I love when they get to do real cheesy movies.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Click the "?" under my name.

There you will see approximately 4,000 recommendations for The Day After Tomorrow.

Because it is the BEST riff. There is no discussion here. :colbert:

Old, but I want to quote this. It surprised me because it's not as memorably bad a movie as a lot of the other stuff they've done, but the riff is definitely in my top 5.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobservo posted:

Wow, I'm really psyched for these. I love when they get to do real cheesy movies.

Yeah, I really love all their other old feature riffs so this looks great.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah, I really love all their other old feature riffs so this looks great.

They've released some preview clips and The Crater Lake Monster really feels like one of the sleazy horror movies they did for the Sci-Fi Channel. Can't wait to watch this tonight.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just watched The Crater Lake Monster and have to say... what the hell? The movie is a bizarre shambling trainwreck. Characters come and go, the ugliest man in the world is treated like a big time executive and the death of an annoying comic relief character is treated with way too much gravitas. The riffs are great though.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.
Do they still have the rifftrax player to sync up the tracks?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Just watched The Crater Lake Monster and have to say... what the hell? The movie is a bizarre shambling trainwreck. Characters come and go, the ugliest man in the world is treated like a big time executive and the death of an annoying comic relief character is treated with way too much gravitas. The riffs are great though.

So, it's a perfect Rifftrax movie?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Mister Kingdom posted:

So, it's a perfect Rifftrax movie?

Absolutely, I got it last night and it's good Rifftrax fun. :)

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Grandpa Pap posted:

Absolutely, I got it last night and it's good Rifftrax fun. :)

Totally agreed. All you mooks need to buy Crater Lake Monster. Also check out Cinematic Titanic's "The Alien Factor" for a similarly sleazy, mustached, 70s monster movie.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Thinking about getting this. Are we talking Ice Cream Bunny good?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Universe Master posted:

Its not quite as crazy as Ice Cream Bunny but its still pretty screwed up.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Universe Master posted:

It's more like MST3K's "Boggy Creek II" but set in the 1970s. Which means it's hilariously bad but not a psilocybin-influenced fever dream like "Ice Cream Bunny" was.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Well this certainly explains a lot about why the movie was such an ungodly mess editing-wise.

Richard Cardella (producer of The Crater Lake Monster) posted:

Crown International was part of the financing and they just screwed up everything. They pulled their support for some key scenes (that would have explained a lot and plugged some of the obvious holes), added a canned score that really sucked, and turned it over to some hack to edit. The rear end in a top hat didn't even use a fade or dissolve in the whole freakin' picture!

That last part is what really galled me about the movie. There were all those establishing shots that would have looked normal with fades, but end up as really jarring cuts. The sudden cut to the credits was bizarre too.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I must get that Ice Cream Bunny one, the Crater Lake one is great RIP Arnie, I suspected the monster got poisened from eating him and died.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Enjoy this face:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Crater Lake Monster is an utterly horrifying experience. So very 70s, so very mustachioed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm less than 15 minutes into The Devil's Hands and man, this is one sexist movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Devil's Hands is another really odd movie. They try to make it look like the main character was mind controlled into joining a devil cult but really it just seems like he joins because he wants "some" (as Kevin would put it.) And its not like they trick or mislead him about it being a devil cult as they very clearly let him know that their god is evil.

• Locked thread