Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

ArtVandelay posted:

There are at least 7 or 8 of you guys who haven't put your teams in the two man band league. Cmon already guys :mad:

I need 5 200k hitters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ManifunkDestiny posted:

I need 5 200k hitters

Check the forums thread.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I need to buy my sixpack of teams, I will do so soon.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

ArtVandelay posted:

Check the forums thread.

okedoke, in as Ichiro Loves His Dead Gaylord

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMroWnWIqs0

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

nasboat posted:

lol, as if this has ever stopped you (or me, for that matter) from checking HBD on a regular (read: every 10-15 minutes) basis for TCs and offers. :D

Yea I start my new job in 3 weeks and I think I will have to work and can't checks wis every 20 Mins :(

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scrotos posted:

Yea I start my new job in 3 weeks and I think I will have to work and can't checks wis every 20 Mins :(

Quit this job

Or get a smartphone

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

It's too bad there aren't any good anagrams for Ty Cobb/Frank Smith. The names are too short :(

Gyro, love your team name

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

ArtVandelay posted:

Quit this job

Or get a smartphone

Got a smart phone but not a very good first impression to make check WiS all the time. Its not like their computer will block WiS, I will just have real work to do.

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
So, my OL team "Let Me Win Once And I'll Stop Doing This" you guys helped me build is coming down to the wire on if they will make the playoffs. They are currently 86-63, 1 game back in the division.

Basically I'm a horrible manager and shouldn't play this game.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

The Mullet Club is ready to make its triumphant return, sans its namesake

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Just checking in on the status of the OL that was mentioned a bit ago. Is this still a thing?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
This franchise tournament is giving me agita

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
Hey, you chided me last week for being too worked up over it.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

AlleyViper posted:

Hey, you chided me last week for being too worked up over it.

I was figuring we'd chug along in a comfortable 3rd or 4th. Now all of a sudden we're T-1 again!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

It's been a good few last updates. Three days ago my Yankees were under .500 and in third place, now they're in first place.

Unfortunately my t2nd overall Oakland team is in the same division as a t1st overall Twins team and stuck in a first place tie.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
Harry Heilmann is carrying a 21 game hitting streak in BINGO and it dropped his OPS, and it's not exactly like he was setting the world on fire before

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Dammit TMB, I was really hoping that Brent O'Donnell dropped his demands to three years.

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

jeffersonlives posted:

Dammit TMB, I was really hoping that Brent O'Donnell dropped his demands to three years.

Needed him because my offense was so, so bad last year. At least he accepted with the 4th year being an option.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

:barf:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

You call that a 2008 Reyes?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I have no goons in my division in the Two Man Band league, but one guy has 28 championships. Yikes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Four-goon division in Two-man Band, Barry Bonds is going to eat Pedro alive, although with Cronin's defense/Pedro's OAV I'm liking the Ichiro/Appling matchups.

Whoa, Random Captains is already full? That was way too fast.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Reardon gives me cookie as hell years of Raines and Boggs, I'm all for this.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

They live!!!

Interesting note from that box score, we're just 16 games into the season and HoJo has already committed his fifth error.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

AlleyViper posted:

They live!!!

Interesting note from that box score, we're just 16 games into the season and HoJo has already committed his fifth error.

Why is jeff using him at 3B when he is using Ryan Zimmerman at SS

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

jeff is TLR in disguise

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

I hadn't even noticed that, that explains a lot.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Oops

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

kensei posted:

I have no goons in my division in the Two Man Band league, but one guy has 28 championships. Yikes.
There's a guy with 56 championships in the division Nasboat and I are in. I got stuck in a division in the last-place teams league with a guy with 46 too.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Ivan Drago posted:

There's a guy with 56 championships in the division Nasboat and I are in. I got stuck in a division in the last-place teams league with a guy with 46 too.

Well I will stop complaining.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

It doesn't matter how many world series those guys have. In this league, it's almost all chance...and speed. Dinger teams just can't compete against speed.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

God I hope I make it into the random captain league. He gave me Bump Hadley, which gives me access to 30's Yankees!

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

Is the two man band divisional alignment really set? Doesn't it get reshuffled when the schedule is generated?

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

toadee posted:

Is the two man band divisional alignment really set? Doesn't it get reshuffled when the schedule is generated?

I think it'll be reshuffled once more.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I love Random Captain

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Jim Wynn!!! He owns

ThatsMyBoye
Nov 21, 2006

I wish that I believed in fate
I wish I didn't sleep so late
I used to be carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Bob Shabazz posted:

cookie

Want to know what this word means

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Want to know what this word means

Commonly used players, basically. Guys who are known to perform well and are copied into teams over and over again, short for 'cookie cutter'.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

It's usually used more for cheap performance guys - Ed Summers, HoJo, Walt Weiss, every reliever from 1915 - than the real major top-shelf guys like Joss, Ruth, Raines, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The ultimate cookie is still 2007 Mike Hessman

• Locked thread