Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
I'm not saying they're not funny (I have not seen their show) but the amount of people that is aware of and watch them is minuscule compare to Stern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

therapy posted:

I guarantee you that if you asked Howard Stern listeners who the above people are, "Tim and Eric" would be the least known. Let's face it - their humor is very different, most people don't really know who they are, and most people won't really like their show that much anyway. It's definitely funny to me - but I really don't think a lot of people (especially Howard's core audience of people in their 30s/40s/50s) would even remotely like the show.

That being said, Tim and Eric are on the way up and Howard is on the way out, so it's not surprising he's not willing to bother with "new" and interesting acts when he's on auto-pilot so much.

I find it hard to believe the average Stern listener would rather listen to yet another delusional tranny than 2 dudes they've never heard of but are pretty drat funny.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Robin's version of Cocaine is funnier than Tom and Aaron.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That would require actual work in booking guests and Fla Fla just isn't up to it, not when he can guarantee a week's worth of interviews by popping out the ol' Rolodex and giving the regulars a call.

That said, I seriously have no idea what Howard would say to Tim or Eric and it would probably be a god awful interview from both sides.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
They need to book Daniel Tosh. And no I'm not a troll but he is funny as poo poo and ba ba booey just needs to book him.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

A good indicator of how out of touch the show is would be the "who do you dislike more" game, where the celebrities being referenced were Omarosa and Kevin Federline. I doubt half the people interviewed would even remember who those idiots are.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Coe ki yain

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
No but you see Chess requires you to think ahead whereas gaming

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
:wtf: to Ronnie's tweet:

quote:

@rmlimodriver69: Hey did u ever fantasize about having a vagina 4 a day and c what girls feel when they explode? Do girls think about having a penis 4 day 2?

Someone take his phone from him.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
In my head I totally read that in Fred's Ronnie voice.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
moron-nie show is awesome, I can't believe that idiot didn't get it and then came in to complain that someone inferred they were goofing on him.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God I love Stern fans. We are a breed like no other :allears:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Brocktoon posted:

In my head I totally read that in Fred's Ronnie voice.

Welp.

Now I have to follow Ronnie and do this.

daveslash
Jan 8, 2002

enemy light post spotted

AltronHGX posted:

Pretty much agree with everything that gentleman has to say.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

AltronHGX posted:

I love that person. Someone should make a card with that picture on the front and that message inside and send it to him.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Haha wow, that's fantastic.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Someone mentioned listening to the Adam Carolla audiobook in this thread, and it was hilarious (and different from the written book, too!). Any other suggestions? It's so easy to listen to a comedy-type audiobook while playing games or something. (Stern-related suggestions accepted but not required)

Until then I'm queuing up the Tradio Pack linked on the last page. :)

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

daveslash posted:

Same here.

One of the funnier things since that guy Ox called in about Lisa G's Veal Cutlets. I listened to that one a couple of times, that guy was a riot.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Jesus. From SFN: Robin's reaction to Jeff Conaway's overdose:

@drdrew I guess you can't get cured on tv. http://lat.ms/m4cMD6

That's just...an evil, terrible thing to do. Holy poo poo.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Actually if Gilbert had tweeted that I would be laughing my rear end off.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Stern reference in tonight's season finale of The Office.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Stern reference in tonight's season finale of The Office.

Which was what? I stopped watching the Office years ago.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Jo comes in (owner of the company) and asks if Jim if he listened to Stern this morning. He didn't. Jo said Robin was good (she's always good), but it's Stern's show. I have to wonder if it was a joke just to make Stern fans mad. I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind could say that otherwise.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Here's a good clip of the guy who does the Fake Arnold voice.

It's a shame that Evil Dave is such a lovely actor or else maybe he could be one some of the shows as well.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
Well guys, I'm off to get a 30 pack of natural ice so I can :airquote: detox :airquote:

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Man, that clip of Medicated Pete rapping at the eXXXotica expo is hilarious. I miss that dude.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Qaz Kwaz posted:

Man, that clip of Medicated Pete rapping at the eXXXotica expo is hilarious. I miss that dude.

I can't stand that creepy lizard. He was like a fake retard. He is probably low level autistic or has goon-burgers or whatever and he looked like Beavis with AIDS

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RRRUNDY SUVUGE IS A GAY AND human being.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

WORSE THAN THE MICHAEL JACKSONE

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
RIP Mr. Poffo :911:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gtomt4of64

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

chiz posted:

I can't stand that creepy lizard. He was like a fake retard. He is probably low level autistic or has goon-burgers or whatever and he looked like Beavis with AIDS

He is disturbing to look at, and a lot of him comes off a shtick, but he has some great lines and cracks me up.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

daveslash posted:

I disagree, I think

quote:

hugsy666 about 19 hours ago
get her chinese slit wonky neanderthal brow no eyelids eyes fixed , she is so squinty and lizardy looking.Ugly giant cow.Work harder you unfunny poo poo show lazy gently caress.
is more accurate.

Bobo also posted some kissass comment in there

quote:

bobohstern 1 day ago
Howard, you without a doubt are right on with your camera, Beth looks so amazing, she must have great feet to go with those candy shoes. A+ BoBo lindenhurst

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Millstone posted:

I disagree, I think
is more accurate.

Bobo also posted some kissass comment in there

Bobo is probably the worst caller after Eric from Hoboken.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Vakal posted:

Here's a good clip of the guy who does the Fake Arnold voice.

It's a shame that Evil Dave is such a lovely actor or else maybe he could be one some of the shows as well.

I thought it was evil dave's wife that wouldn't let him do the show anymore.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

chiz posted:

Bobo is probably the worst caller after Eric from Hoboken.

I wonder if writes down his internet comments on a pad of paper before he posts them. I think I hate Pittsburgh Pete more than Bobo, and rear end Napkin Ed creeps me out more, but Bobo is probably the worst non Howard TV shill caller.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on May 23, 2011

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I wonder if writes down his internet comments on a pad of paper before he posts them. I think I hate Pittsburgh Pete more than Bobo, and rear end Napkin Ed creeps me out more, but Bobo is probably the worst non Howard TV shill caller.

ugh yeah I forgot about those two. Ed with that terrible upstate/somehow midwest accent and pete with that gross lischp of his.

now Hanzi, I love when he calls in. NONONONWAITWAITNONONONWAIT

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Stern show Twitter:

quote:

Hey now...Robin fell into a depression this weekend & ate solid food, breaking her detox. Howard wonders if the diet caused the depression

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Todd Phillips calling out Robin for being a horrible news woman.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Burden posted:

Todd Phillips calling out Robin for being a horrible news woman.

That was great. "You constantly interrupt Howard and then repeat exactly what he just said."

It did not appear to bother her very much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
It's 10:02am and Howard is still on the air :stare: