Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

ClosedBSD posted:

Is this before or after the dist-upgrade? Also have you made sure to 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' before re-running that install

Other options you can try are adding the '-f' switch to attempt to fix broken dependencies, or '--reinstall'

I have done all those things, and I am still having this problem. This is a complete mess!

code:
dbox:/home/patrick# aptitude -P install php5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information      
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done  
The following packages are BROKEN:
  apache2.2-bin libapache2-mod-php5 libapr1 libpq5 php5-cli php5-suhosin 
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  apache2-mpm-prefork{a} apache2-utils{a} apache2.2-common{a} libaprutil1{a} libcap2{a} libexpat1{a}
libonig2{a} libqdbm14{a} openssl{a} openssl-blacklist{a} php5 php5-common{a} 
  ssl-cert{a} ucf{a} 
0 packages upgraded, 20 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 14.5MB/16.7MB of archives. After unpacking 41.9MB will be used.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  libapr1: Depends: libuuid1 (>= 2.16) but 1.41.3-1 is installed.
  libapache2-mod-php5: Depends: libdb4.8 which is a virtual package.
                       Depends: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) which is a virtual package.
                       Depends: libk5crypto3 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) which is a virtual package.
                       Depends: libkrb5-3 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) which is a virtual package.
                       Depends: libpcre3 (>= 7.7) but 7.6-2.1 is installed.
                       Depends: libxml2 (>= 2.7.4) but 2.6.32.dfsg-5+lenny3 is installed.
  apache2.2-bin: Depends: libaprutil1 (>= 1.3.2+dfsg) but 1.2.12+dfsg-8+lenny5 is to be installed.
  php5-suhosin: Depends: phpapi-20060613 which is a virtual package.
  libpq5: Depends: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.7+dfsg) which is a virtual package.
  php5-cli: Depends: libdb4.8 which is a virtual package.
            Depends: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) which is a virtual package.
            Depends: libk5crypto3 (>= 1.6.dfsg.2) which is a virtual package.
            Depends: libxml2 (>= 2.7.4) but 2.6.32.dfsg-5+lenny3 is installed.
Apt is such a loving mystery to me. Say what you want about gentoo portage, but at least it was really clear what any issues were, what versions of a package you were getting, what you needed, and how it all worked.

For example, that last section says that to install php5-cli, I need libxml2 >= 2.7.4, but 2.6.32 is installed. That is great, but where is 2.7.4? Is it not in the repository? Why does libxml2 depend on it if it doesn't exist? Is there some reason I cannot install it on this system? What the gently caress.

For example, aptitude -P install libxml2 doesn't say a god drat thing, which is apt's way of telling us it is already installed, apparently.

other people fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Why are my ssh tunnels slower than dogshit?

I've tried two different connections. One is a T1 (FreeBSD) and the other is on a business cable modem, 20mb, on the same provider/geographic location as the one I'm using, it runs Debian. I also keep getting this message on the console:

channel 31: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed

Using Firefox 4 and OpenSuse 11.4. Tons of lag when using the SSH console and they don't close right (or take forever) to log out.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Kaluza-Klein posted:

I have done all those things, and I am still having this problem. This is a complete mess!

Apt is such a loving mystery to me. Say what you want about gentoo portage, but at least it was really clear what any issues were, what versions of a package you were getting, what you needed, and how it all worked.

For example, that last section says that to install php5-cli, I need libxml2 >= 2.7.4, but 2.6.32 is installed. That is great, but where is 2.7.4? Is it not in the repository? Why does libxml2 depend on it if it doesn't exist? Is there some reason I cannot install it on this system? What the gently caress.

For example, aptitude -P install libxml2 doesn't say a god drat thing, which is apt's way of telling us it is already installed, apparently.

What's your /etc/apt/sources.list look like? (and anything in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/) It really seems like you've got something missing or inconsistent with your repository.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

spoon0042 posted:

What's your /etc/apt/sources.list look like? (and anything in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/) It really seems like you've got something missing or inconsistent with your repository.

You win!

deb http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/pub/linux/debian/debian/ lenny main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib

As someone has already pointed out to me, stable is now squeeze, so my system had security updates for squeeze, mixed with regular packages from lenny.

I have changed everything over to squeeze. The system is going through a big update now, and hopefully all will be well when it is complete.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Kaluza-Klein posted:

You win!

deb http://mirror.cc.columbia.edu/pub/linux/debian/debian/ lenny main contrib
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib

As someone has already pointed out to me, stable is now squeeze, so my system had security updates for squeeze, mixed with regular packages from lenny.

I have changed everything over to squeeze. The system is going through a big update now, and hopefully all will be well when it is complete.
You don't have to use the aliases for the different releases if you don't want to. Just using "stable", "unstable" or "testing" works just as well, and you won't have to edit your sources.list to do a dist-upgrade anymore.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

Are the Fedora mirrors slow for anyone, the last 12-16 hours? yum update is running at loving ISDN speeds.
Do you have yum-plugin-fastestmirror installed?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

waffle iron posted:

Do you have yum-plugin-fastestmirror installed?

Everything is straight up slow for some reason, using two different USB wifi adapters that worked fine in F14. I'd suspect something in the kernel.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
This was too neat not to mention here. It's a vanilla Linux kernel and Busybox environment running in a Javascript x86 emulator.

http://bellard.org/jslinux/

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
I just built a fedora 14 machine and I can't do local port forwarding through it when ssh'ing in. I can't seem to find anything with google, I've been doing this for years on many boxes and it "just works" so I have no idea where to look/troubleshoot.

I'm connecting to ssh and getting my cli just fine.

I have a visitor/vendor lan at work that's internet only and I have the fedora pc and a windows pc on it. I'm on a laptop trying to ssh in to fedora and forward vnc and rdp ports from the windows machine to localhost (this laptop using putty).

I'm forwarding 3389 of the windows machine to 3390 of the laptop and 5900 of the windows machine to 5900 of the laptop. Windows pc and windows laptop both have firewall disabled. If I do "telnet localhost 3390" (or 5900) it DOES CONNECT but vncviewer or mstsc don't. (also from this laptop I'm having no problems ssh-ing to my house and forwarding ports to windows machines there.)

sshd_config has allowtcpforwarding yes but it was commented, I thought that meant it was default but I uncommented it/restarted sshd anyway. No help, I see something in there "permittunnel no" but some googling tells me this is something different.

Any ideas? what am I missing here?

edit: vnc and rdp work fine on this windows box local lan.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 18, 2011

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Wagonburner posted:

fedora

You said you disabled the firewall, but did you disable SELinux?

edit:

Googling turns up:

http://jaredrobinson.com/blog/fedora-14-ssh-ports-and-selinux/

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 18, 2011

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Bob Morales posted:

You said you disabled the firewall, but did you disable SELinux?

edit:

Googling turns up:

http://jaredrobinson.com/blog/fedora-14-ssh-ports-and-selinux/

Didn't even think about it since I'm not messing with any ports on the linux box but selinux was the culprit here, working now, thanks!

I have FC11 at home and it has selinux but I didn't have to change anything on it ever (other than just maybe opening up the ssh port).

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Wagonburner posted:

Didn't even think about it since I'm not messing with any ports on the linux box but selinux was the culprit here, working now, thanks!

I have FC11 at home and it has selinux but I didn't have to change anything on it ever (other than just maybe opening up the ssh port).

More blabber:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=653579

It looks like they turned that off after FC9 but turned it back on. Why, who knows. With Fedora the first thing to check is 'does it work with selinux disabled', then find the -right- way to make it work with selinux. Or just keep selinux off.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Is there a way to make 'ls' re-load the contents of a directory?

Here's what happened. We have a script that does a bunch of stuff, and one thing it does is creates a symlink to another directory. So I'd type 'ls' and see the directories/files, then the script would run and I'd type 'ls' again.

I had to cd out of the directory and back in to get it to re-load! what the gently caress.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Bob Morales posted:

Here's what happened. We have a script that does a bunch of stuff, and one thing it does is creates a symlink to another directory. So I'd type 'ls' and see the directories/files, then the script would run and I'd type 'ls' again.

I had to cd out of the directory and back in to get it to re-load! what the gently caress.

'watch' in combination with 'ls' - like 'watch ls -OPTIONS'

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Bob Morales posted:

Were you in the directory where the symlink pointed when it changed? If not, I don't understand how this is possible.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Were you in the directory where the symlink pointed when it changed? If not, I don't understand how this is possible.

It was like this at first:

code:
$ ls
foo -> /var/www/foo
bar -> /var/www/bar
The script runs. 'ls' gives us this:

code:
$ ls
foo -> /var/www/foo
bar -> /var/www/bar
Oh hey cool the script worked! (the symlinks stayed)

Oh wait, no it didn't.

code:
$ cd ..
$ cd mydir
$ ls
foo
bar -> /var/www/bar
Foo no longer is a symlink, it's a regular directory.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Are you sure the script isn't doing something that affects your working dir? Can you share the script or maybe the important parts with us?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

taqueso posted:

Are you sure the script isn't doing something that affects your working dir? Can you share the script or maybe the important parts with us?

It's a webistrano/capistrano script:

code:
desc "Create symlinks for shared folders"
  task :symlink_shared_folders, :roles => :app do

unless remote_file_exists?("#{release_path}/public/symlink")
      folders = ['content', 'export', 'eligibility', 'public/charts', 'public/images/custom_pages', 
'public/images/_tmp', 'public/images/logos', 'public/images/group/photos', 'public/images
/team/photos',  'public/pdf', 'public/images/user', 'public/images/photos', 'public/images/success_story']
    else
      folders = ['content', 'export', 'eligibility', 'public/pdf', 'public/symlink']
    end
    folders.each do |f|
      # make sure the shared folder exists, remove the content from the placeholder, link the current release to the shared folder
      # we create the shared folder and the release folders in case the folders are not checked in
      # this allows us to use the same recipe for all apps because some apps don't have all of these folders
      # If the app doesn't use the folder, the folder is just empty at release time (no harm in that).
      run <<-CMD
        mkdir -p #{current_path}/#{f} &&
        mkdir -p #{shared_path}/#{f} &&
        rm -rf #{current_path}/#{f} &&
        ln -s #{shared_path}/#{f} #{current_path}/#{f}
      CMD
    end
  end
Basically the remote_file_exists was failing (we were using File.exists?). We fixed that, and the script works the right way. But the deal was that it was changing the symlink to a directory, and simply typing 'ls' to check after the script ran wasn't showing us that. It showed it as a symlink until we cd'ed out of the directory and back in.

I just suspect that if 'ls' is the last command you ran, it caches the output or something so you're not actually hitting the HD again. Since in theory, it hasn't changed. But I swear I've done it before where I type 'ls' over and over (say during a download) and the file size updates.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Bob Morales posted:

I just suspect that if 'ls' is the last command you ran, it caches the output or something so you're not actually hitting the HD again. Since in theory, it hasn't changed. But I swear I've done it before where I type 'ls' over and over (say during a download) and the file size updates.

As far as I know, there is no cache that needs to be refreshed here. ls will make the same requests to the kernel for the directory structure & contents each time. (You can see this with "strace ls".) If this data is already cached in memory, no disk access is required, but the data will not be stale, either.

Lots of things would fall apart if the VFS inode cache was allowed to differ from the what is physically stored on the disk.

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009
Perhaps a file locking issue?

If the goal of the script is to make foo and bar be symlinks after each run and foo ends up being a directory I would look closer at the script instead of the underlying OS. What happens if you whip up a quick shell script that does the same thing?

My experience has been that the OS itself works as intended 99.9999999% of the time but applications can do amazingly stupid things.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Since there is no native way to watch streaming netflix in linux, I am trying to use Windows 7 running inside VirtualBox.

To my surprise, it actually works, and not too poorly. It could certainly be made more smooth, and I would like to be able to switch the resolution Windows is running at to something wide-screen.

Does any one have any tips on making the VM smoother, and is there a way to specify the resolution?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Kaluza-Klein posted:

Since there is no native way to watch streaming netflix in linux, I am trying to use Windows 7 running inside VirtualBox.

To my surprise, it actually works, and not too poorly. It could certainly be made more smooth, and I would like to be able to switch the resolution Windows is running at to something wide-screen.

Does any one have any tips on making the VM smoother, and is there a way to specify the resolution?

I don't know what you can do to make the VM smoother beyond the obvious stuff like using a CPU that supports virtualization, more RAM, etc. As far as resolution, if you install the guest utilities package, the resolution of the guest should change automatically as you resize the window, make it fullscreen, etc. (I hope this is right for your setup, I use virtualbox opposite of you, windows host/linux guest.)

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Kaluza-Klein posted:

Give it more ram, and don't forget to install the virtualbox drivers. . . if you have vt technology make sure it is on in the BIOS and use it, give the vm as much ram as you can afford.

Forgot though. . .

Anyone here have any experience with the perc h700 in linux? I'm looking at a solution with buying one big nasty and virtualizing all servers through KVM (basically over 5 years a single virt server through our place would be as much as one big nasty server + hardware support that I could run 6-10 vm's on). . . Just wanna know if the h700 is a major pain in the rear end to work with.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

enotnert posted:

Give it more ram, and don't forget to install the virtualbox drivers. . . if you have vt technology make sure it is on in the BIOS and use it, give the vm as much ram as you can afford.

Forgot though. . .

Anyone here have any experience with the perc h700 in linux? I'm looking at a solution with buying one big nasty and virtualizing all servers through KVM (basically over 5 years a single virt server through our place would be as much as one big nasty server + hardware support that I could run 6-10 vm's on). . . Just wanna know if the h700 is a major pain in the rear end to work with.

Are you going to get a Dell R510 or something?
Why not just ESX?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

taqueso posted:

I don't know what you can do to make the VM smoother beyond the obvious stuff like using a CPU that supports virtualization, more RAM, etc. As far as resolution, if you install the guest utilities package, the resolution of the guest should change automatically as you resize the window, make it fullscreen, etc. (I hope this is right for your setup, I use virtualbox opposite of you, windows host/linux guest.)

I have it 1gb, but it only ever uses about 500mb, so it seems silly to give it more? Giving it two CPU's seems to help a little bit. The usage graph for both cpu's in task manager is identical for each processor, which seems strange to me. Silverlight seems to peg them at 100% the whole time.

Installing the VB package was a big help, as now it does "full screen" correctly.

It still isn't perfect, but a lot better.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Kaluza-Klein posted:

I have it 1gb, but it only ever uses about 500mb, so it seems silly to give it more? Giving it two CPU's seems to help a little bit. The usage graph for both cpu's in task manager is identical for each processor, which seems strange to me. Silverlight seems to peg them at 100% the whole time.

If you can max out the CPUs you do have assigned, I suppose adding more couldn't hurt. I'm really surprised you have Win7 running with only 500megs when using a browser and silverlight, mine wants ~700M with nothing running.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
We watched a film last night on it. Not perfect, but very watchable. Probably not so good with fast moving action, though.

We first tried to watch an Amazon streaming movie, which uses Flash, and that was a loving disaster. It refused to run full screen. Very annoying. All other Flash stuff runs just fine, so I have no idea why it was being such a jerk.

New question! Is there a linux program for properly accessing/using videos taking with a digital camera? I have a Panasonic GF1, and videos are found buried on the SD card at private/avchd/bdmv/stream/*.mts , and there are playlist and clipinf and other files as well. I just copy the mts files, but am I losing meta info doing this? Is there some better way to do it?

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Bob Morales posted:

Are you going to get a Dell R510 or something?
Why not just ESX?

Well I am going to attempt to stay away from vmware if I can. . . I have a friend who has good luck with what I am wanting to do with debian/KVM. I just know some server got dropped in my lap before I left my old job that had some random perc card in it that just wouldn't play well with CentOS (I ended up doing a software raid1 on the drives because the server was ridiculously overpowered for what it was doing). . .

The and I am looking at the R510 and a couple of T series machines, since basically I am looking at the fact that our universities cost for having a "large" VM on their farm of "40gb" of space and "4gb" of ram over the span of 5 years is ~$8000, where for ~$10,000 I can build something flat nasty from dell, host the 3 or 4 servers in it virtually that we need to run, have some room to grow if needed, and 5 year 24x7 2hr support contract.

dolicf
Sep 12, 2010

enotnert posted:

Well I am going to attempt to stay away from vmware if I can. . . I have a friend who has good luck with what I am wanting to do with debian/KVM.

Not trying to be a dick here, but why are you shying away from VMWare? Because a friend doesn't like it? VMWare is pretty widely supported.

enotnert posted:

some random perc card in it that just wouldn't play well with CentOS (I ended up doing a software raid1 on the drives because the server was ridiculously overpowered for what it was doing). . .

Really? RHEL/CentOS has pretty good support for Dell hardware. What model of chassis/PERC were you using and what release of Cent?

enotnert posted:

our universities cost for having a "large" VM on their farm of "40gb" of space and "4gb" of ram over the span of 5 years is ~$8000, where for ~$10,000 I can build something flat nasty from dell, host the 3 or 4 servers in it virtually that we need to run, have some room to grow if needed, and 5 year 24x7 2hr support contract.

The support contract is definitely a plus if these are mission critical devices. What will they be doing? Are you 100% set on Debian and KVM? If you have access to RHEL licenses their KVM support is pretty good, though I'll be the first to admit I'm no KVM guru.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

dolicf posted:

Not trying to be a dick here, but why are you shying away from VMWare? Because a friend doesn't like it? VMWare is pretty widely supported.

Really? RHEL/CentOS has pretty good support for Dell hardware. What model of chassis/PERC were you using and what release of Cent?

The support contract is definitely a plus if these are mission critical devices. What will they be doing? Are you 100% set on Debian and KVM? If you have access to RHEL licenses their KVM support is pretty good, though I'll be the first to admit I'm no KVM guru.

1)Namely due to license/budget. Free versions of VMWare lock you to set amount of cores, etc so forth and so on.

2)It was some weird configuration my deceased boss put together. She got the one RAID controller that dell provides no linux support for.

3)I might go for a strait RHEL license for these, but the main point is that $8000 for 5 years supposedly only provides you a single core, and that limited amount of ram/hd space. 1 server is a MSSQL with a soon to be growing even more rapidly ~50gb database, that gets hammered with queries all day. A VM from the university to handle that would end up running ~14-16k over 5 years, and this is where basically "no support" other than "here's a server merry fuckin christmas". At that cost point you don't even get rollover/failover in the event their physical server crashes and burns. Not great for mission critical. Going to the plan that provides rollover/etc it pushes the cost for the single cored 4gb/50gb vm over 5 years into the $20k range. That still comes with only the rollover, they don't provide backup or anything else at that range other than the server rolling over.

Just seems at the current cost, and my assumptions, it may be better to just roll my own. . . Since I'm going to be having to do everything on it anyways, and handling backup, configs, blah blah blah, keep it in house do just a little extra work with 24x7 2hr support from dell for hardware fuckups.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

enotnert posted:

1)Namely due to license/budget. Free versions of VMWare lock you to set amount of cores, etc so forth and so on.

Are you going to be limited to 4x6-core CPU's and 256GB RAM?

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Bob Morales posted:

Are you going to be limited to 4x6-core CPU's and 256GB RAM?

Should read into it more. . . I thought it locked you to use of 6 cores total. I'm looking at a total of 2x6 cores with ~32gig of ram to start on this box.

As long as I can back up the virtual machines as well, that'd be gravy.

**edit**

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything about backup/restoration in the free hypervisor. . . . I may download it and flop it on some box this weekend and see if it's possible as it is. I don't care about live migration, just the ability to backup the VMs since I never want to do disaster recovery the "fun way" on windows server again.

enotnert fucked around with this message at 19:27 on May 23, 2011

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

enotnert posted:

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything about backup/restoration in the free hypervisor. . . . I may download it and flop it on some box this weekend and see if it's possible as it is. I don't care about live migration, just the ability to backup the VMs since I never want to do disaster recovery the "fun way" on windows server again.

You can back them up, it's just a matter of how do you want to do it? LVM snapshots? Backup to a physical SCSI tape drive? Copy tar files to another system?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
My google-foo is waning. Is there an escape sequence to clear the current line in bash?

I can do
code:
 ~ $ echo -en "dddddddddddd" && echo -e "\rhhhh"
hhhhdddddddd
But what I really want is just "hhhh"

edit: oops i found it: \033[K

darkhand fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 24, 2011

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Bob Morales posted:

You can back them up, it's just a matter of how do you want to do it? LVM snapshots? Backup to a physical SCSI tape drive? Copy tar files to another system?

Copy VM's to a "dell powervault tape" or "expensive rear end cartridge HD with standard SATA ports". . .

Basically something that if server goes bonk, I can get that 2hr response on it, get server live again, copy back over/restore service. Being out for 2-4 hours is nothing huge, this isn't "mission critical" in the sense that jobs can't be re-run later. . . it's more making people bitchy that they can't submit an application or look up a phone number for 5 hours.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Fedora 15 is going live tomorrow.

http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/Fedora-15-x86_64-DVD.torrent
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/torrents/Fedora-15-i386-DVD.torrent

Or, if you're running the beta now, just change your repos around and update.

New firewall and GNOME 3 goodness.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Does fedora's antialiasing still look like poo poo out of the box?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

darkhand posted:

Does fedora's antialiasing still look like poo poo out of the box?

Never noticed anything wrong with it in the last few releases.

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

Bob Morales posted:

Never noticed anything wrong with it in the last few releases.

Bob,

If you've got time to chat off forums, I'd actually like to take this vmware discussion somewhere. You evidently know things that would be highly useful to me, and I'd appreciate it if you had a quick minute.

AIM in my profile is valid btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.C. sweeps
Apr 23, 2006

enotnert posted:

Bob,

If you've got time to chat off forums, I'd actually like to take this vmware discussion somewhere. You evidently know things that would be highly useful to me, and I'd appreciate it if you had a quick minute.

AIM in my profile is valid btw.

When you find out the solutions to your questions, would you mind posting them in this thread, as well? I have also been trying to familiarize myself with VMware, and any extra knowledge of how it works could help.