Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
I'm having so much fun with my figures that can interact with each other! :D

3 1/4 inches is really the best size for action figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Nice MGS customs! Have ya seen the pics of the GI Joe Zombie Toxo-Viper yet? He looks really cool.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Thanks! I always wanted a smaller and actually "playable" Solid Snake. So the recent wave of Joes who seem perfect for customs was godsend.

I didn't see Zombie Viper! I couldn't find pictures either. Could you post it?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Jet Ready Go posted:

Thanks! I always wanted a smaller and actually "playable" Solid Snake. So the recent wave of Joes who seem perfect for customs was godsend.

I didn't see Zombie Viper! I couldn't find pictures either. Could you post it?

Here ya go:

Here's a link to pics of the figures revealed at the 2011 Joe con, (including the Zombie Viper) some pretty cool stuff is coming out...

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2011_Joe_Con%2FHasbro%2FDay_2&dispsize=800&start=40

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 17, 2011

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I'm gonna own so many fuckin Data-Vipers

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

sba posted:

No kidding. I don't even collect Joes, but that thing looks awesome. I buy some occasionally if they look awesome or if I need custom parts. The new Scarlet looks nice too, good head sculpt.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Did they ever come out with this motorcycle/armor gi joe toys?

I remember seeing pics of em a while back at some con or show, but never on the shelf.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Did they ever come out with this motorcycle/armor gi joe toys?

I remember seeing pics of em a while back at some con or show, but never on the shelf.

Still haven't been released. The last rumor I heard was that they would be online-exclusive some time later this year.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I guess today was the day that I had to start collecting MU figures. Found an Archangel in the wild with Apocalypse. Guess thats as good as sign as any.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
The Winter Solider from the Captain America movie line is alot better then the MU one. Alot more sturdy, poseable, better looking head sculpt, and the best part is the awesome sniper rifle he comes with. I'm pretty happy with this year's movie lines, can't wait for the Warriors Three to hit in dfw.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Has anyone seen the Crossbones figure from the Cap line in stores yet? It's the only one I want until Red Skull comes out.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Havoc904 posted:

The Winter Solider from the Captain America movie line is alot better then the MU one. Alot more sturdy, poseable, better looking head sculpt, and the best part is the awesome sniper rifle he comes with. I'm pretty happy with this year's movie lines, can't wait for the Warriors Three to hit in dfw.
I saw the new Cap toys at Target the other day, but all they had were the "Comic Series" ones, none of the actual "Movie Series" figures. I'd like to get a movie series WWII-era Cap figure (assuming they made one) but I didn't see one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Has anyone seen the Crossbones figure from the Cap line in stores yet? It's the only one I want until Red Skull comes out.

Saw one yesterday at Walmart, it looks pretty awesome.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Is the regular version of MU Vision the clear plastic one? eBay wants no less than $50 for the normally painted figure and well gently caress that.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Xenomrph posted:

I saw the new Cap toys at Target the other day, but all they had were the "Comic Series" ones, none of the actual "Movie Series" figures. I'd like to get a movie series WWII-era Cap figure (assuming they made one) but I didn't see one.

There's a WWII era movie style Cap coming out in wave 2, which should be hitting stores soon.

Ka0 posted:

Is the regular version of MU Vision the clear plastic one? eBay wants no less than $50 for the normally painted figure and well gently caress that.

The clear one is a newer variant they added to the revision cases, so I guess the normal one is rarer. Ebay is ridiculous for Marvel Universe. I never use it unless I can find the occasional loose figure for slightly cheaper than the average ridiculous price.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Well that sucks. But it provides an excuse to paint it myself I suppose. Do Tamiya acrylics attach well to Mu figures?

e: Jim Cheung's Vision from the Young Avengers seems the ace choice:

Ka0 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 18, 2011

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

There's a WWII era movie style Cap coming out in wave 2, which should be hitting stores soon.

It is in stores in the Dallas area, I picked him up with my Winter Soldier yesterday. I had no idea Crossbones was out, guess I know what I will be looking for this weekend!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Ka0 posted:

I'm thinking of trading/selling my MU Vision if anyone wants to discuss it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

sba posted:

I'm kinda jealous. GI Joe seems to be going through the renaissance that the TF line was a few years ago. Few of the DOTM movie line excites me, and a lot of the cooler Generations stuff is on hold for now.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Goddamn it Hasbro I need Hank and Janet.

Also I don't know if paint sticks to rubbery plastic (it doesn't) but hell if I care, I need to see that Vision.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

GD_American posted:

I'm kinda jealous. GI Joe seems to be going through the renaissance that the TF line was a few years ago. Few of the DOTM movie line excites me, and a lot of the cooler Generations stuff is on hold for now.

The problem is that no stores stock the poo poo at all anymore. I haven't seen the latest two waves, save for one figure, at retail in my area.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

GD_American posted:

Yeah definitely, the Pursuit of Cobra figures have been amazing. The sculpting, accessories, and articulation have all been outstanding and are so worth the money and effort to collect them. Plus the vehicles are really nice too, I love the new VAMP.

Also, NECA has released images of their Predator SDCC exclusive, the Classic Predator with his original "Gort" mask, bloody trophy spine, and new gripping left hand.

If you miss out you will be able to get the Gort mask again in the Predator 2 series, but it will be on a P2 style body with the P2 style dreadlocks, armor and paint apps. You also won't get the P1 style gripping hand and the trophy.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

sba posted:

The problem is that no stores stock the poo poo at all anymore. I haven't seen the latest two waves, save for one figure, at retail in my area.

That's anything. TRU is circling the drain and Walmart gives no fucks. It's Ebay or luck of the draw, mainly.

Pretty much why I quit collecting. I've got better things to do with my time.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

Ka0 posted:

Goddamn it Hasbro I need Hank and Janet.

Not sure if you know, but there is a Yellowjacket and the Dr. Doom two pack comes with a mini Wasp figure.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

GD_American posted:

That's anything. TRU is circling the drain and Walmart gives no fucks. It's Ebay or luck of the draw, mainly.

Pretty much why I quit collecting. I've got better things to do with my time.

I have decent luck, but troop building sucks :(

I managed to get about 10 of the Shock Troopers, like 6 here and 4 on the west coast when I've been out there. Only 4 Rock Vipers so far, but I ordered those from BBTS.

Wal-Mart is adding Joe back into it's toy resets, so that's encouraging.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I've never encountered a more frustrating toy line to collect than JLU, especially the last few years of it. I'm actually glad it's almost over, except that we probably won't ever get the Blue Beetle and Guy Gardner Mattel teased us with over a year ago.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Havoc904 posted:

Not sure if you know, but there is a Yellowjacket and the Dr. Doom two pack comes with a mini Wasp figure.

Yeah I've seen them. I only wish they'd be normal 4 inches sized instead of pint-size.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Yeah I've seen them. I only wish they'd be normal 4 inches sized instead of pint-size.

The Yellowjacket is 4", but comes with a 1" Antman. There's also the 12" Giant Man that came out a couple years ago.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Never seen that "Gort" mask so the SDCC is not a big deal. I should hit up my local store to see if those are in though.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

TRU Times Square has this cool Thor display goin' on...

Unfortunately they only have the first wave of Cap figures.. I saw these in Forbidden Planet but didn't wanna pay $13 for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They gives us a US Agent figure and that's the shield we get?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Rhyno posted:

They gives us a US Agent figure and that's the shield we get?

They have made a shield that's pretty drat close to Walker's normal one.

Unfortunately it requires buying a $13 gimmick Captain America figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

They have made a shield that's pretty drat close to Walker's normal one.

Unfortunately it requires buying a $13 gimmick Captain America figure.

It's close I guess but his shield has most often had no star and had a white ring in the paint scheme. Could have been worse, they could have used this look.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Did he half morph into Judge Dredd?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I know DC has been incredibly successful with their lines in stores like Wal-Mart and Target, but what exactly happened to the adult figure craze of the early 2000s?

Gone are the days of seeing McFarlane toys lining the aisles, along with the Masters of the Universe relaunch, and tons of other figures I'm probably forgetting.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Raw materials price increases along with safety standards changing basically hosed the industry over hard.

McFarlane still has the Halo and their sports stuff out there, but they don't do the movie things anymore. NECA pretty much did them in by being better at it in every respect. Masters of the Universe you can now get online direct from Mattel through a subscription.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
That mention of "raw materials" reminds me, I always wonder if we'll live to see the plastic toy die out completely due to rising petroleum costs. I hope we finally get a Clayface III (Preston Payne) figure before then! :v:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think kids don't care about action figures like they did in the '80s and '90s, and the adult collector market just isn't as big as we (the adult collectors) tend to think it is. I never see kids in the action figure aisles -- they're always looking at video games and technological gadgets, or younger kids check out the occasional Japanese fad toys.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

At some point or another kids just became obssesed with video games and plastic toys are just leftover trails for us older 80's generation folks. That's how I see it at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Jet Ready Go posted:

TRU Times Square has this cool Thor display goin' on...

Unfortunately they only have the first wave of Cap figures.. I saw these in Forbidden Planet but didn't wanna pay $13 for it.

I'm buying the hell out of US Agent and that Cap as soon as I see them. Dunno about Braddock, I already have the MU version. Maybe I'll get him for his sword I guess.