Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
A bright orange Baltimore oriole has been visiting my apple tree every day for the last week.
I like to imagine he thinks it's a good spot to pick up ladies :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit

spite house posted:

I am no fan of the Kings, to put it mildly, but I'm so happy Sac gets to keep its team. The fact that y'all continue to pack Arco Arena despite that it's dangerous to get within ten blocks of the thing indicates real commitment. Kevin Johnson owns and the Maloofs can suck it.

:) Ok, (finally) seeing this helped make my day!

But I had the most awesome yesterday. The day itself was long and tedious but two of my good friends came over, we did a massive potluck dinner along with my housemates, then we spent the evening watching the Dark Night. :) It's silly but just having a nice evening with my friends made it awesome.

TheMadStork
Oct 29, 2007

How about the time I chipped my tooth on the urinal, what was so fucking comical about that?
Whenever we do construction at our fraternity house we usually like to put something cool in the wall. Usually it ends up being a weird/rare liquor bottle, or a note of some kind. When we took out part of a wall last night we came across part of the Berlin Wall that must have been placed there sometime in the 90's.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

D&D session at 5, then clubbing downtown at 11. I love having a diverse group of friends.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
My family FINALLY found a new apartment to move into!

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I finished my final exams today!

Probably not with a real good grade or anything, but I never have to deal with geology again.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
My friends threw me a really nice birthday party yesterday. :3: I haven't had a real birthday party since I was like, 12. So it was a huge shock. Made me feel special.

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart
I'm meeting up with what I hope is a totally awesome girl next week, hopefully she'll make me completely forget about my ex. :smith:

I'm happy though, life ain't too bad!

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Last night I dyed my hair a very dark ruby red because I decided it suited my new short hair. All of the people who didn't say a drat thing or only said, "it's short" actually commented on how much it suits me and looks awesome. Even my family. So that felt pretty good.

It's payday.

I have nothing to do tonight. No plans whatsoever. On purpose. I get to go home, put on some pajamas and watch movies all night. No alarm clock in the morning, nothing that has to be done or tended to. Just me, netflix and my cat. It is going to be the best night :)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Finally landed an internship in Washington D.C. :)

Also excited I'll be living and working in D.C. through my school's program for 2 1/2 months.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My girlfriend lost her keys last week. Today the police call her to tell her that someone dropped them off at the station, and that they found her through the PetCo member card attached to them. I told her to go buy a lotto ticket before her luck wears off :3:

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

I saved a cute little dog today! I watched him run across a busy four lane street, and almost get nailed by a car in the parking lot of the store I was at. I managed to catch him.

I hope I can find his owner. He's a sweet, well taken care of little guy. I just wish his owners had put a collar and tags on him :(

muscat_gummy
Nov 30, 2008
I was hired pretty much on the spot after an interview and will start the job in a few days. Then I went to a happy hour with some friends. It was awesome. My entire day was awesome. gently caress. Yes.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
I found this thread! I remembered it used to exist in E/N and I loved reading it.

Real contribution: I picked up a guitar for the first time yesterday and now I can't put it down. I am SO bad but I love playing. I've been playing other instruments for a long time but I really enjoy this. Just been playing chords and singing along poorly with Decemberists songs so far but it really makes me happy to sing and play.

InvincibleMadHouse
Jan 19, 2009

by Ralp
Met a sexy little submissive girl who apparently lives down the street from me. She's already into me quite a bit. Shaping up to be a nice summer.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Picking up the keys to my house from the lawyer in about an hour.

Spaticus
Feb 26, 2007

Understanding what thread you're in is futile the monkey said as it double-clicked the report button.
Found a nicer apartment to move into. It's in a beautiful neighborhood, near all my friends and the college I plan to go to. You have no idea how happy I am right now!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Got a new probation officer today.
He seems like a real person and not a soulless cardboard bureaucrat like my previous two.

Zombie Chow
Jun 17, 2010

We interrupt this program to increase dramatic tension.
Returned to the uni after 2 weeks of leisure; saw my friends again; got awesome professors for the next four months and also had some awesome green tea at Starbucks with my friends at the end of classes.

It may sound simple, but I enjoy the happiness that comes from things like these v:shobon:v

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Got a call from the company I sent in a C.V. to yesterday - I have an INTERVIEW ON FRIDAY!!!!

WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I am taking my first solo trip in like 10 years over Memorial Day! First two things on the list: bikini. passport.

I am dumping my debbie-downer boyfriend!

I AM AWESOME!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Got an offer for a pretty sweet sounding job at a huge company that hopefully I will stay on board with for a long time. Starting salary is nearly twice what I would have settled for, and I have about three weeks to party before it starts. For the moment, life is good.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

I'm starting to feel better about having left my boyfriend. It was something that needed to be done if I wanted to accomplish any of my goals in life. It took a while to accept that he wasn't going to change, and it was unfair to expect him to. And while it still hurts... but it's starting to hurt less. :unsmith:

Also. My little sister took me out to lunch at the best Mexican place in town. And she gave me my late birthday gift... the new Tron movie!

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
I love Huskies and Malamutes, but big dogs aren't ever going to be something that I can have. One day I was thinking, "Man I wish they made those in small sizes". Turns out they do! And there's a breeder one state over! I can finally have my dream dog :3:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

CrackSpider posted:

I love Huskies and Malamutes, but big dogs aren't ever going to be something that I can have. One day I was thinking, "Man I wish they made those in small sizes". Turns out they do! And there's a breeder one state over! I can finally have my dream dog :3:

Klee Kai? Check for rescues; a couple I'm friends with adopted one from a rescue and he is the sweetest dog. :3:

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
I defended my thesis today and passed with honors! My advisors loved it. Huge weight off my back. Then I partied with some of my best friends. Awesome. So happy right now.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
We had to do web design in a university course today. Spent most of the week dreading it because I sucked badly at IT in high school.

Spent a fair chunk of the tutorial helping people with their problems because I suddenly realized that it wasn't the web design part of IT that I sucked at.

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho
Put up new curtains.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I had a pretty productive day in the lab so I'm heading home early. And then I'm hanging out with two of my really good friends here later tonight.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

Klee Kai? Check for rescues; a couple I'm friends with adopted one from a rescue and he is the sweetest dog. :3:

Oh, right! I forgot about those. When it comes time to get my doggie I'll be sure to check around :)

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Because I finally found a bike that feels like MY bike. I named it "Ruby, My Dear" after the Thelonious Monk song

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.
Sarah.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My bank just called me to ask if I spent :10bux: at a Motel 6 today. I don't even know where there's a Motel 6 around here so they're cancelling my old card and sending me a new one for free. It sucks that I can't use it for a week but it's well worth it since I probably wouldn't have noticed someone else using my card until it was too late. Thanks Chase!

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Passed my final welding class.
Employment here I come.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Put the final touches on getting a group together for Rammstein tomorrow night. Got resume help from a fellow goon while my fiancee is getting callbacks for teaching jobs in the fall. Worked on upcoming wedding details and feel so much less stressed about it than I used to - it is finally taking shape mentally. Looking forward to taking more initiative and being more creative like this (instead of waiting for things to happen like I usually do) and experiencing whatever the future might hold for us.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Officially working 40-50 hours a week at my golf course for the rest of the season. It's only $9 an hour but I get overtime, my boss loves me, and I love it there.

Nevertheless I can't work at golf courses all my life and I've been longing to go into marine mechanics, fixing boats. Turns out a good friend of my parents is a mechanic for a pretty big marina up in Canada and might be able to help me out!

I've always wanted to move back to Canada (born there, in Chicago now), and if I did get a job at that marina I could live on the motherfucking lakefront cabin my family has all year round.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The chemistry stockroom at my university is giving away free acetonitrile. HPLC grade too! We grabbed like eight bottles of the stuff :hellyeah:

llbdtiberio
Mar 27, 2010
Booked 2 rooms for me and my dad when we're visiting New York in the fall, managed to get the last 2 remaining rooms and at a great discount of 40%. Can't wait to visit New York again.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
I saw Guitar Wolf at the Bottom Lounge in Chicago last night. I am sore everywhere. It was totally worth it. That was, quite possibly, the most intense show I've been to. It was like one endless song that just changed pace every so often - and by song I mean wall of distortion and rock n' roll. I stage dove and crowd surfed for the first time in my life. After it, a lady dressed like Rosie the Riveter gave me a kiss on the cheek (that left a big red lipstick print) and a hug and was talking about how awesome I am and how we both crowd surfed for the first time. She was almost 40 and I'm almost 30.

Seiji rocked so hard U.G. had to hold him up because he almost collapsed walking offstage. Then he came back and played more until they turned the amps off on him. Then he kept playing.

Best $15 ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
I picked up my tickets to my graduation today :dance: After the past few years I've had and everything that has happened, I thought this day would never come. I had honestly lost hope I'd ever graduate college.

But now it's only 23 days away and I have the tickets for my family to prove it! :)