Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
How easy would it be to add joshua back to angel cave once HH is over? as far as I know, he was the only trader in the DLC, so his vanishing is annoying, especially since he's the only way to obtain the new weapon mods.

King Doom fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Phetz posted:

Holy gently caress thank you. I installed ELECTROCITY for the first time last week and was amazed at how much it wants you to know that WE ADDED A LOT OF LIGHTS TO NEW VEGAS.

There's a recent patch for Eletrocity that changes the street lights. I've got it installed, even though I liked the regular lights, too. What's your problem with them?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Electro-City goes overboard, from the gigantic rear end sprawling complex to the streetlamps and their huge rear end signs. It still makes some areas look a hell of a lot better than the simple streetlights mod though so I'm not quite ready to make the switch yet. Helios one is a good example of an area that was done perfectly by EC, for example. And yeah the new streetlights are a good step in the right direction.

Every major mod seems to do this after awhile, the authors get really enamored in themselves and start changing literally everything because they think their mods are so great that people would love for them to change every little thing.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Can we please enforce spoiler tags for HH content for a while? I can't really get it until payday but still want to keep up with this thread.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
If Electrocity dropped all the ridiculous poo poo aside from, you know, just lights, it would be sweet. I haven't used it since I realized how much it adds aside from just lights.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

The invincible, or at least super durable, workers are what killed it for me. Such an unnecessary addition. I understand having an elaborate backstory for his energy company, and his designs fit in with the world pretty well, but yeah, too much for just lights.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
So I updated AWOP and I found the wasteland populated by 'NCR Special Forces' dudes.

That's another thing I don't get. Whenever you have a mod which adds troops or whatever in some form, it's never your average joe trooper. It's always some form of super duper elite bullshit.

Because yeah, i'd totally have my Special Forces guys guarding the Grab n' Gulp.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

SheepNameKiller posted:

Electro-City goes overboard, from the gigantic rear end sprawling complex to the streetlamps and their huge rear end signs. It still makes some areas look a hell of a lot better than the simple streetlights mod though so I'm not quite ready to make the switch yet. Helios one is a good example of an area that was done perfectly by EC, for example. And yeah the new streetlights are a good step in the right direction.

Every major mod seems to do this after awhile, the authors get really enamored in themselves and start changing literally everything because they think their mods are so great that people would love for them to change every little thing.

What complex? :confused:

Chinaman7000 posted:

The invincible, or at least super durable, workers are what killed it for me. Such an unnecessary addition. I understand having an elaborate backstory for his energy company, and his designs fit in with the world pretty well, but yeah, too much for just lights.

Yeah, the workers are some bullshit. Hell, I think one of the workers is actually the guy who made the mod. The rest of the stuff doesn't bother me, though, especially now that the streetlights changed.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The one by goodsprings is useful at least, since the NPCs there kept dying without protection in my game.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

Marx posted:

So I updated AWOP and I found the wasteland populated by 'NCR Special Forces' dudes.

That's another thing I don't get. Whenever you have a mod which adds troops or whatever in some form, it's never your average joe trooper. It's always some form of super duper elite bullshit.

Because yeah, i'd totally have my Special Forces guys guarding the Grab n' Gulp.

I've since deleted AWOP. The recent updates added too much bullshit into the game. AWOP and Warzone are the only mods that add more dungeons into the game, and I can't get Warzone, so now I don't really have many things to shoot at.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

My only problem with Warzone is that mods that add a large number of NPCs in one spot are unstable by nature in this engine. It has been attempted time and time again and it's pretty much always a fiasco. But people like the idea of it so much that they keep trying it, and inevitibly get a shitload of endorsements from people who test it for 10 minutes and think it's the coolest thing on the planet.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Ace Oliveira posted:

I've since deleted AWOP. The recent updates added too much bullshit into the game. AWOP and Warzone are the only mods that add more dungeons into the game, and I can't get Warzone, so now I don't really have many things to shoot at.

Hi five buddy, same here. Warzones seems neat but it's too in your face and changes too much about the world. AWOP was perfect since you have to purposefully dive into his dungeons for fun, until you walk into some tech raider pit where they all have way too much HP or DT. It became so unfun I thought I broke my game from doing so little damage, so that was the end of that.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

King Doom posted:

especially since he's the only way to obtain the new weapon mods.
That ammo/those mods will start appearing at Gun Runners after you return.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Chinaman7000 posted:

Hi five buddy, same here. Warzones seems neat but it's too in your face and changes too much about the world. AWOP was perfect since you have to purposefully dive into his dungeons for fun, until you walk into some tech raider pit where they all have way too much HP or DT. It became so unfun I thought I broke my game from doing so little damage, so that was the end of that.

There are a bunch of historic AWOP ESPs saved as old files on the nexus, I wish I knew which ones pre-dated the underground so I could roll back on it to his early, pre-quest work.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
I've deleted AWOP as well. It adds a bunch of dungeons and a lot of them are interesting thematically and design-wise, but the loot you can get on the way to Nipton gets fairly ridiculous, even with the low loot versions. One of the things I like the most about New Vegas is the sense of progression in terms of enemies and weapons, but that kind of gets messed up when you can go to a sewer outside of Primm and loot yourself a hunting rifle and an assault carbine M, complete with enough ammunition to last you through the opening quests (or until you get to the next AWOP location, of which there are tons).

AWOP's a really ambitious mod but I think he's definitely taking a quantity over quality approach right now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ace Oliveira posted:

Why can't you get Warzone?

Also, on the way to the northern pass yesterday a sandstorm rolled in.

:crossarms:

:toot:

:zaeed:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I am playing Honest Hearts and noticed I never got the "When We Remembered Zion" achievement even though I was there for several hours. On a hunch I disabled "Karma Neutralized" .esp (Keeps Karma Neutral no matter what you do or what it was before), loaded up an earlier save, went to Zion and I got the achievement.

So can I assume that something that messes with the game stats like that will prevent achievements? Or was it a fluke?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Fluke pretty much.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Roman posted:

I am playing Honest Hearts and noticed I never got the "When We Remembered Zion" achievement even though I was there for several hours. On a hunch I disabled "Karma Neutralized" .esp (Keeps Karma Neutral no matter what you do or what it was before), loaded up an earlier save, went to Zion and I got the achievement.

So can I assume that something that messes with the game stats like that will prevent achievements? Or was it a fluke?

Probably just Steam being Steam and randomly deciding to not give you an achievement when it should.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41878

:woop:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Awesome :D What's next?

Also it seems that with WME I cannot get the hunting revolver retexture to work at all. All other retextures work fine :iiam:

E:

Looks like my WME-Arenovalis.esp was out of date.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 20, 2011

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

Why can't you get Warzone?

I don't like that the warzones respawn. And I doubt that my lovely computer could run it without crashing like crazy.

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
I've had a lot of crashes lately and I get the feeling it something with Warzones, since it seems to happen when I approach a few of them but I've had no luck finding the incomparability. Here's my load order, not the biggest set of mods, but I'm alway bad about loving up load orders, so, its worth getting a few extra opinions on. Thanks.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Is Khet's Extended Freeplay mod any better than the one in the OP? It got brought off Nexus because Khet apparently deleted his account and all his files but I found a link to it off some Asian website.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Looks good, but I kinda still want a snakeskin grip. :rubshands:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1063639-1305875230.jpg

A mod that does a decent retexture of the Burned Man, that's alr...

:stare:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Carecat posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/images/1063639-1305875230.jpg

A mod that does a decent retexture of the Burned Man, that's alr...

:stare:

Hahaha what the gently caress. I thought you were pointing out Joshua was making the :stare: face but then suddenly I noticed it and just started laughing. Now I can just picture the thought bubble above Joshua's head saying "What the gently caress is that thing behind me"

My god, I can't stop staring at it and laughing, it's so messed up.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I'm back with more mesh buggery.

I would imagine this has something to do with the fact that the game slices off a chunk of the left sleeve to allow for the pipboy on the player, but can't imagine why it's taking the power armour body (The section which is 'new' to the armour) along with it.

Also, sorry to be painful, but could you finish that Statue of Liberty texture mapping you did before? You gave me the rough version and said you'd finish it later if it worked, which it did (Thanks again for that).

Cerebulon fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 20, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Who, me? I just did a quick Atlas unwrap but I'm no UV mapping expert. You could always rearrange the UV coordinates in nifskope.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007
Someone mind explaining Nevada Skies to me? Theres a billion different files that are all different and I cant make heads or tails of what the hell I need for New Vegas, Dead Money, and Honest Hearts :(

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Evoq posted:

Someone mind explaining Nevada Skies to me? Theres a billion different files that are all different and I cant make heads or tails of what the hell I need for New Vegas, Dead Money, and Honest Hearts :(

Download the data folder and the Honest Hearts .esp, that is all. Put it near/at the bottom of your load order and definitely after anything that touches the WastelandNV cell.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

BrainGlitch posted:

Download the data folder and the Honest Hearts .esp, that is all. Put it near/at the bottom of your load order and definitely after anything that touches the WastelandNV cell.

Thank you! Maybe its just me but it could use simple install directions just like that.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Evoq posted:

Thank you! Maybe its just me but it could use simple install directions just like that.

Not a problem. If you're planning on running other stuff, here's what the bottom of my load order looks like (except purge cell buffers or whatever)

[X] Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Inventory Sorters Compatibility Patch - ElectroCityCATEYEvalue.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Cerebulon posted:

I'm back with more mesh buggery.

I would imagine this has something to do with the fact that the game slices off a chunk of the left sleeve to allow for the pipboy on the player, but can't imagine why it's taking the power armour body (The section which is 'new' to the armour) along with it.
Check the block names, the main body might be called something like PipboyOn or another 'special' name. Altering it to 'Body' might fix it.
Also the BoS badge is part of the armour addons list that armour is using- they list the gloves, backpack and any other slotless addons.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Talkie Toaster posted:

Check the block names, the main body might be called something like PipboyOn or another 'special' name. Altering it to 'Body' might fix it.
Also the BoS badge is part of the armour addons list that armour is using- they list the gloves, backpack and any other slotless addons.

Thanks, it was called PipboyOff. Really should have thought of that after I had to rename some rigging stuff from L Toe or something silly to RPauldron.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Talkie Toaster posted:

You ever make anything with that riot shield?

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Hmm. Honest Hearts has broken my game now.

Everything there was up to date for Dead Money, so I don't know. It's also the newest version of FOMM and FOSE.

EDIT: Steam decided to NOT download 8 files in the HH update, so all fixed. Yaay!

Mister Bung fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 22, 2011

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Naky posted:

You ever make anything with that riot shield?
Yeah, I'm currently trying to pin down a weird animation bug- since when it's on the hip it clips horribly (as it's set up as a weapon), I've got it using the Plasma Pistol visibility toggle on draw that it uses for the electrical arcs. That causes sporadic crashes, though, if the shield is equipped whilst the player is in a 'drawn' stance, so I'm attempting to pin down quite why it happens.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Talkie Toaster posted:

Yeah, I'm currently trying to pin down a weird animation bug- since when it's on the hip it clips horribly (as it's set up as a weapon), I've got it using the Plasma Pistol visibility toggle on draw that it uses for the electrical arcs. That causes sporadic crashes, though, if the shield is equipped whilst the player is in a 'drawn' stance, so I'm attempting to pin down quite why it happens.

Hmmm. Are you setting it as a melee weapon, a one handed projectile, or two handed projectile? If you have it set up as a weapon, it would probably make more sense to set it up as a two handed rifle so it equips on your back. Then you could have the left hand holding the shield while the right is gripping a pistol kind of deal? I'm talkin' out my rear end here so I don't know if what I say is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I just wanted to review a couple of random mods- it's been a thing for me recently to download some random, but not completely obscure mod and play it blind. I am currently playing a couple more so I will type them up when I have the chance.

Firstly, Rust Town
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39454
Has had quite a bit of effort put into it- I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread. Hasn't been updated for a while- possibly abandoned?

My first reaction to the mod was negative. super rich vendors with loads of fully repaired items, people selling every drug in the game, skill books left lying around, etc. Then I began to notice that something was not quite right...

Human skeletons inside the Brahmin pen. Meat hooks in the sheriff's office. Human skeletons in a dog's enclosure. Lots of biblical/mythological inspired names. Many NPCs going on about how amazing living here is, and how everyone is really close. One NPC expressing deep concern that his wife wants to see the world outside rust town. Many people being very well armed. The huge secret stashes of items. I had a lot of fun taking out the entire town in one huge firefight- it got tricky even for my level 35 character.