Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

El Jackalope posted:

Where he got to go.

cat is all "you can see rotors house from here!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Esteban is not a biscuit making cat, nor is he a purring cat (other than when he thinks I'm dead, apparently).

I will see what I can do tonight. I also have a great trick where he CANNOT STAND a battery standing up on it's end. He'll jump down from on top of the bookshelf, just to knock it over, then go back, rinse and repeat.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Esteban sounds pretty ownage

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

dee eight posted:

well its meow meow yippi i and its meow meow yippi o
get along little kitties get along real slow
its dirty and its smelly and it dont really pay
but i'll be a catboy to the end of my days
           /

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

dunkman posted:

Esteban is now a video star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3-4ifunBY

please judge me on my messy apartment.

I just uploaded it, so it's kind of crappy quality, but it's 720p.

where did you get this teleporting cat ???

esteban is so handsome :3:

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

PipeRifle posted:

gonna regret that bell.

every new cat owner thinks the bell is adorable, and it's gone within a few days, I went through it too

nah dude the bell is crucial if you have wild-rear end cats like i do, you wanna know where the gently caress they are at all times

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

relative_q posted:

nah dude the bell is crucial if you have wild-rear end cats like i do, you wanna know where the gently caress they are at all times

thats exactly why we had to take the bell off our one cat because she crazy and there was jingles coming from all over at all hours of the day

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

it'd be awesome if you could get really fine-resolution gps poo poo and have a collar on your cat and get realtime cat location data

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
i want a cat movement heatmap overlayed on my house layout

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
I put a collar on Esteban for the first few days. Then I came home from work and he had managed to get his back leg through the collar past the knee joint, and he couldn't get it out, so he was stuck in a ridiculous position. It was even one of those breakaway collars, but he didn't break it. No idea, and no more collars since then.

edit: catte heatmap would look just like a normal temperature heat map. Sun rays = cat position.

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
did you chip him @ least

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i have one of those cat cameras that goes on their collar but its sort of a waste because it only does lovely low res vga, she doesn't go outside anymore, and you have to retrieve it and plug it into USB within 2 hrs or the battery dies and takes all the pic with it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
esteban has an awesome expressive hilarious face and the video just makes that clearer

esteban = yospos pro catte

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i used it a few times and mostly got a bunch of pictures of myself from various angles (dings apparently watches and waits for me to show signs of weakness so she can kill me???? idk)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

relative_q posted:

it'd be awesome if you could get really fine-resolution gps poo poo and have a collar on your cat and get realtime cat location data

im about to be working with rfid stuff, this notion has already crossed my mind

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
He is chipped, I got him through the Dallas SPCA which is surprisingly well funded, and he was chipped there.

I do video editing as a day job, so if I got some art/music assets, I could make a pretty pro Esteban trailer.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
btw ur av is SO MUCH BETTER NOW

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

big fan of that serif font

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Big ups to everyone in this thread, by the way. You're all really good posters and you've either got pro cats or pro opinions about cats.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

rotor posted:

cat is all "you can see rotors house from here!"

He was on the lookout for Pascal. :unsmith:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
cats are the easiest pets to take care of and it baffles me how people can be bad at cats without also being bad at life in general

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
no i think there's def a direct correlation

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
http://www.petfinder.com/blog/2011/05/20/lost-pet-reunions-video-tornad/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=Social+Media

Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

"ell oh ell"

i'm sure how i'd handle it if my dad said something so goony

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

IM SORRY THERES SOMETHING IN MY EYE I HAVE TO GO

z0ratio sexhaver
Mar 10, 2011

welp

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
:unsmith:!!!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

oh god, the purring

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

That is awesome. :unsmith:

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

I watched that on a conference call and was like "aww that's sweet" and when I started talking my voice cracked a bit and I had to cover it with a cough

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
wait so "aww that's sweet" would've been fine in your conference call w/o the voice crack?

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets

Meet Velcro. Those Esteban pics were reminding me of him. He took just fine to a harness, liked riding in the car, I could take him basically everywhere.

So we'd take him camping and he'd sleep in the tent with us. There was one walk-in campground we couldn't take him into for some reason so we had to leave him in the back of the truck for one night against my better judgement.
We got back to the truck first thing in the morning, and found that loving raccoons had got into the truck. They had slid open one of the canopy windows, got inside, and tore into the cat food, and Velcro was gone :cry:

We ran around the parking lot frantically, asking everyone we saw if they'd seen a little black cat. After about 5 minutes, we heard a meow and he came trotting up. He looked like he'd been hiding in a tree for hours.

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

quadpus posted:

Meet Velcro. Those Esteban pics were reminding me of him. He took just fine to a harness, liked riding in the car, I could take him basically everywhere.

So we'd take him camping and he'd sleep in the tent with us. There was one walk-in campground we couldn't take him into for some reason so we had to leave him in the back of the truck for one night against my better judgement.
We got back to the truck first thing in the morning, and found that loving raccoons had got into the truck. They had slid open one of the canopy windows, got inside, and tore into the cat food, and Velcro was gone :cry:

We ran around the parking lot frantically, asking everyone we saw if they'd seen a little black cat. After about 5 minutes, we heard a meow and he came trotting up. He looked like he'd been hiding in a tree for hours.

that catte takes 0% of guff from nobody

Hellsworn Barn
Apr 11, 2008

hi

my dog boyfriend!!! posted:

that catte takes 0% of guff from nobody

so does everyone else

Aw fuck.
Jun 30, 2007

Using Ubuntu
is awesome
i was kneeling on one knee to tie my shoe and my fat black fluffcat jumped onto my thigh, lied down, and fell asleep

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

JawnV6 posted:

wait so "aww that's sweet" would've been fine in your conference call w/o the voice crack?

Actually I was still on the call when I typed that so it came out all muddled. I meant I THOUGHT "aww that's so sweet" and thought maybe that was the end of it, like oh it didn't affect me that much, and then when I started actually talking out loud my voice cracked because I'm apparently a big softie

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Oh god she has a mic on and you can hear the cat purring. :3:

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
Velcro at Crater Lake, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dog boyfriend!!
Nov 21, 2008

Jewish Pokemon posted:

i was kneeling on one knee to tie my shoe and my fat black fluffcat jumped onto my thigh, lied down, and fell asleep

so what youre saying is that your thighs are fat enough for your fat cat to lie down on them