Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
I kinda wish Captain Britain was gonna show up in the movie. It might sort of make Captain America make "more" sense.

From what I gather, Captain America was meant to be symbolic.. like a mascot for America to gather behind. So it be nice to have Captain Britain there and.. I don't know.. Captain France? To join in on the fight. Sort of creating the "backstory" that these icons were an Allied effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Jet Ready Go posted:

I kinda wish Captain Britain was gonna show up in the movie. It might sort of make Captain America make "more" sense.

From what I gather, Captain America was meant to be symbolic.. like a mascot for America to gather behind. So it be nice to have Captain Britain there and.. I don't know.. Captain France? To join in on the fight. Sort of creating the "backstory" that these icons were an Allied effort.

Wouldn't Union Jack make more sense if it's a WWII story? I mean it's a moot point since it's movie continuity and they can do whatever they want, but Captain Britain has traditionally been a more modern idea while Union Jack is the generation-spanning legacy character.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Oh I forgot about him. Yeah you're right.

In fact when I heard people talking about the Captain Britain action figure from the movie line I had actually thought that was the storyline they were going with. The one I made up in my head that is.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

New pics of the upcoming Mortal Kombat 6" figures coming out later this summer. Cage and Raiden are a bit "ehhhhh", but I definitely want Scorpion and Sub Zero.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Does anyone know anything about these? Are they just 160 dollar DC Barbies or something fancier that I've just never seen or heard of before because they're some super elite collector market thing.

Edit: holy crap they are 17 inches tall

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

New pics of the upcoming Mortal Kombat 6" figures coming out later this summer. Cage and Raiden are a bit "ehhhhh", but I definitely want Scorpion and Sub Zero.

That Johnny Cage looks loving AWFUL. Did they really turn him into one of the cast members of Jersey Shore in the new game?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Xenomrph posted:

I wish they'd bring back the Sota Street Fighter figures.

Are they still making the NECA SFIV figures? They really should have made them in the same scale so you could put them with the old figures.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

That Johnny Cage looks loving AWFUL. Did they really turn him into one of the cast members of Jersey Shore in the new game?
No, that figure really is just a lovely representation of how he looks in the game. :(

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Does anyone know anything about these? Are they just 160 dollar DC Barbies or something fancier that I've just never seen or heard of before because they're some super elite collector market thing.

Edit: holy crap they are 17 inches tall

Tonner Dolls bridges the gap between superheroes and QVC dolls. The founder, Robert Tonner, is a fashion designer who went into the doll business in the 90s and made a fortune. Essentially you're right, they are just massive Barbie dolls. Tonner stuff has minimal articulation, little emphasis on likenesses, and no accessories, but the materials and craftsmanship of the outfits is supposedly top notch. He's actually even had some dolls placed in exhibits in the Louvre. The inclusion of superheroes and pop culture seems odd for a company like this, until you realize that Tonner is also a huge comic and movie nerd. I personally think the dolls themselves look like poo poo and that the superhero costumes are poorly fitted, but then I'm also not the target demographic for fashion dolls.

Now if you want to talk about something I could sink my teeth into...

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
The TRU by me had metric assloads of the Duke Nukem figure, so you guys should check your TRU's if you want one.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wish they'd bring back the Sota Street Fighter figures.

Are they still making the NECA SFIV figures? They really should have made them in the same scale so you could put them with the old figures.

Neca only made six figures from Street Fighter, and never planned on making any more. But apparently Jazwares has the license now and is making 4" street fighter figures.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Has anybody ever made Mortal Kombat figures that weren't crappy and cheap-looking? I've always wanted a classic Scorpion from the original game that doesn't look like poo poo. That one is not doing it for me.

I should probably just make my own. Actually if you repainted that Sub-Zero in yellow he might look about right, but it still doesn't look like a very awesome toy. I think I'd be better off making him out of a Marvel Legends figure or something.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Has anybody ever made Mortal Kombat figures that weren't crappy and cheap-looking? I've always wanted a classic Scorpion from the original game that doesn't look like poo poo. That one is not doing it for me.

I should probably just make my own. Actually if you repainted that Sub-Zero in yellow he might look about right, but it still doesn't look like a very awesome toy. I think I'd be better off making him out of a Marvel Legends figure or something.
Jazwares is also doing a 3.75"-scale line of MK figures based on the classic retro designs, too.

As for 6" scale, I've seen some pretty cool customs done based on Marvel Legends bodies.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The MK line from a couple years ago wasn't too bad. They are ML compatible. I am sure with a Hand Ninja figure you could kitbash something really, really nice.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sanschel posted:

Tonner Dolls bridges the gap between superheroes and QVC dolls. The founder, Robert Tonner, is a fashion designer who went into the doll business in the 90s and made a fortune. Essentially you're right, they are just massive Barbie dolls. Tonner stuff has minimal articulation, little emphasis on likenesses, and no accessories, but the materials and craftsmanship of the outfits is supposedly top notch. He's actually even had some dolls placed in exhibits in the Louvre. The inclusion of superheroes and pop culture seems odd for a company like this, until you realize that Tonner is also a huge comic and movie nerd. I personally think the dolls themselves look like poo poo and that the superhero costumes are poorly fitted, but then I'm also not the target demographic for fashion dolls.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me.

Oh, are those Tron:Legacy figures out yet?

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

Xenomrph posted:

Hunt down the McFarlane Corporal Hicks figure, it's pretty excellent.

I may be willing to part with mine, drop me a line: Trotsky1940 at gmail dot com

I also have the shotgun that you had to send in the UPC to get. It's still mint in the package, btw.

This is a great figure, I agree. It's been packed away for three years now, so maybe it's time to pass it on.

Burning Beard fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 21, 2011

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Sanschel posted:

drat. That looks sharp.

Man... I need that. The Reeve image and likeness has always been Superman to me, and this looks like it knocks the ball outta orbit.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Sanschel posted:

Wow... I thought that was just a movie still and I was like "yeah, and?"

Then I realized what it was. :stare:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sanschel posted:

Tonner Dolls

Tonner also did Doctor Who dolls that are equally crap.

But that pic... Hot Toys are just nipping back in time, cloning people and shrinking them down to 12" size, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've never purchased a Hot Toys figure before, what can I expect to pay for that since I must have it and if I don't get it I'll cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life.

And why am I getting a malware warning from Firefox when I try to view the Hot Toys website?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Rhyno posted:

I've never purchased a Hot Toys figure before, what can I expect to pay for that since I must have it and if I don't get it I'll cry myself to sleep every night for the rest of my life.

And why am I getting a malware warning from Firefox when I try to view the Hot Toys website?

Weird, I'm getting that too, and it was working fine a few days ago.

Anyway, it depends on how much stuff he comes with. Chances are he'll be in the $160-180 range, since heavy duty outfits (Iron Man) or loads of accessories are what drive up the price of their figures, and I don't see him having too many of either. Even if he comes a business suit, alternate head, and a bunch of hands, I can't see him hitting $200.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Neca only made six figures from Street Fighter, and never planned on making any more. But apparently Jazwares has the license now and is making 4" street fighter figures.

Ewww, Jazwares. Out of all the toy companies available, Capcom has to give them the license.

Xenomrph posted:

Jazwares is also doing a 3.75"-scale line of MK figures based on the classic retro designs, too.

As for 6" scale, I've seen some pretty cool customs done based on Marvel Legends bodies.

It would be nice to see some 3.75" Street Fighters to go with the Marvel Universe figures... although AFAIK Hasbro is the only company that seems to have it down. A lot of people hate on Marvel Universe, and while the Star Wars line is pretty poorly managed and over saturated, there are some pretty nice Star Wars figures... and the G.I. Joe line has been fantastic. The only other 3.75" figures from any other company I'm aware of are the DCU and Green Lantern figures, which are poo poo in comparison to what Hasbro does are are articulated like they're from the early 90's. Jazwares can't even do large figures right, nothing makes me believe that they can do decent 1:18th ones.

I love the Sota Street Fighter figures, but my one complaint is that they don't have any foot pegs, so while highly posable, it's hard to get them to stand up in those poses. I'm thinking of redoing my display and cutting up some coat hangers to make some makeshift action bases for flying kicks and dragon punches and poo poo.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sanschel posted:

Holy poo poo, Hot Toys may have me with this one.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I picked up an extra Deadpool x Taskmaster MU Two-Pack today if anyone is interested.

Will sell at-cost to the goon who wants it.

17.49$ + Tax/Shipping/Paypal Fees which comes to about $26.50 shipped priority mail if you let me open the toys and shove them in a smaller box.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Jet Ready Go posted:

I picked up an extra Deadpool x Taskmaster MU Two-Pack today if anyone is interested.

17.49$ + Tax/Shipping/Paypal Fees which comes to about $26.50 shipped priority mail if you let me open the toys and shove them in a smaller box.

edit: nevermind, i remembered i am poor.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh that reminds me I have a Wolverine Movie (comic series) Deadpool and a ROTF Devestator I just picked up to sell.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Jet Ready Go posted:

I don't really collect MU that much, but I'm guessing this set is really hard to find? I'm planning on picking it up eventually... is this gonna be one that's going to show up and disappear and be super rare like Generations Warpath?

I do like that Deadpool, and while I think I might only have 1 or 2 comics with him in it, I think Taskmaster is freaking awesome just because of MvC3.

YER IN FOR A WORLD OF HURT

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Yeh scalpers be picking this guy right off the pegs. It's pretty difficult to find because it's new and has a really popular character in it. I don't think you'll find it easier to find later down the road either.

I also happened to find a Thundercracker today too.. so I consider today a lucky day.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Looks like there's a new Minimates fan choice poll, this time for a Galactus/Heralds set. On the one hand I'd like an actual articulated Galactus Minimate, but on the other it would be weird to have him be the same size as the normal ones. Therefore I voted for Nova, because I think making her hair into a flaming flight base sounds awesome.

Also, is anyone planning on attending SDCC this year? In the past I've just used ebay to get exclusives for little markup, but it seems like more sellers have finally realized they can rape the poo poo out people's wallets with a 100%+ increase on things. I guess it is only May, perhaps some saner prices will show up in the next few weeks :ohdear:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Before I got a few of the early Revoltechs. Hikaru's VF-1 from DYRL, the Ingram, and the Gurren Lagann. I thought they were decent figures, but I didn't quite get what all the hype was about Revoltech.

Then the other day I got the Revoltech Xenomorph. My God. It's so awesome. Now I need the Predator, Gamera and the Skeleton.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Gammatron 64 posted:

Before I got a few of the early Revoltechs. Hikaru's VF-1 from DYRL, the Ingram, and the Gurren Lagann. I thought they were decent figures, but I didn't quite get what all the hype was about Revoltech.

Then the other day I got the Revoltech Xenomorph. My God. It's so awesome. Now I need the Predator, Gamera and the Skeleton.

I think I'll take pics of my Revoltechs. They are few, but the are such good posing little figures.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I want the Revoltech Woody with his extra "rape" face.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Woody goes for like $100 now, 3 times his retail value, solely because his rape face became an internet meme. Buzz still goes for the same price.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Otacute and HobbyLink Japan are both currently accepting pre-orders for restocks of Woody due at the end of June, for about $29.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

I really really need to find this guy a decent chopper bike to ride on.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150189939557344.305128.58690437343

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Look at who's becoming a Figma later this year:

Figma's are 5 inches tall right? Could I pose this fella with my Alien revoltechs?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Ka0 posted:

Look at who's becoming a Figma later this year:

Figma's are 5 inches tall right? Could I pose this fella with my Alien revoltechs?

According to what I have read it is about 6 inches so it should fit in with ML stuff pretty well. I got a feeling it should fit in with the Alien stuff as well.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Saw this and I had to have it. BBTS is taking preorders but drat they are not cheap. At least right up there with the Sci-Fi revoltechs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Ka0 posted:

I really really need to find this guy a decent chopper bike to ride on.

The recent GI Joe Drednok cycle is alright. There's also the one that came in the Wolverine Origins Sabretooth 2-pack. I have a spare of it I got in a lot-- if you like the look of it you can have it for free+shipping.