Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
One week til Krazy Fest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Wowza, work has been so crazy that it JUST dawned on me that I am going to Rise Against and Bad Religion tonight.
Hells yeah. :cool:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

New Balance and Composure and Living With Lions disks are sick 2 nasty.

Lipton Iced Tea
Mar 15, 2011

track 03

Dickeye posted:

Who's the lineup on Vapid and the Cheats?

Mike Byrne is the only one I can find for sure. Maybe Simon Lamb as well. They haven't actually played any shows yet.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The new hosed Up is soooooo goooooood.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

Inspector_71 posted:

It only took the first three songs to give me a boner.

Passion for Dilbert
Dec 5, 2007

Inspector_71 posted:

I decided not to download it (gonna wait for the LP to be delivered + my browser is being a jackass) but all the songs they put out in the leadup were SO AWESOME also FU can do no wrong.

Saddr Weirdr
Feb 20, 2011

Are you ready for the
SUMMER?
First impression: the free songs that they put up are great, the rest is kinda repetitive. I'm going to play the poo poo out of this later and see how it goes.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007
The new Touche Amore is incredible. Condolences gives me chills.

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct
It is really, really good. Definitely catching them when they come to town in a few weeks.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

bobz0r posted:

It is really, really good. Definitely catching them when they come to town in a few weeks.

So am I. I've only listened to a bit of TA but I've liked everything I've heard and that lineup (Menzingers, TA, Title Fight) is really good. Speaking of Title Fight, are they good? The few songs I had heard initially reminded me of Lifetime, then I listened to the stream of their new album and it sounded kinda post-hardcore or something.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

RagingPawn posted:

I just got a hold of this....I can't wait to see them come around again. Such an awesome band.

Also nobody else has posted this, but if you like folky punk Mischief Brew The Stone Operation is phenomenal. It's electric/more accessible and a little more high paced but the lyrics are classic Peterson and it's a real fun album. It'd be nice if they toured with Frank Turner for a real clash of outlooks on life/culture from the US and England being united by music. yea that's corny, whatever

edit: Title Fight is kinda bland in my opinion; they fit well with that lineup but they'll be overshadowed

punxnbutter fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 19, 2011

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009

punxnbutter posted:

edit: Title Fight is kinda bland in my opinion; they fit well with that lineup but they'll be overshadowed

They're headlining, from what I can tell.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

RagingPawn posted:

I just checked out "... To the Beat of a Dead Horse" and I'm loving it so far. I'll have to check out more of their material. Any suggestions?

Small Brown Bike are getting a lot of play from me as usual. Does anyone have any recommendations on bands that have a similar sound to SBB?

bobz0r
Jul 8, 2008

I have faith in us, if we don't self-destruct

Sir Thats Gross posted:

I just checked out "... To the Beat of a Dead Horse" and I'm loving it so far. I'll have to check out more of their material. Any suggestions?

They also have a self titled EP which is pretty good but most songs were refined a bit and stuck on To The Beat Of A Dead Horse. Standouts were Huckleberry and Wehatefredphelps.com in my opinion. Also an obligatory plug for the likes of Defeater, Modern Life is War, and More Than Life, which are all great bands in the same vein as Touche.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug

Inspector_71 posted:

It is pretty much all I've been listening to for the last week. They knocked it ouf of the fuckin' park with this one.

AbrahamBurgers
Aug 30, 2007

It's like people only do things because they get paid
My band just posted our EP online yesterday, and I'd like to get some non-friend feedback.

http://toxicbreedsfunhouse.blogspot.com/2011/05/apart-only-revolutions.html

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

AbrahamBurgers posted:

My band just posted our EP online yesterday, and I'd like to get some non-friend feedback.

quote:

recorded by Michael York of Pianos Become the Teeth

Dang!

It's pretty cool too.

EkoEkoAzarak
Nov 3, 2005
Vulgar Display of Power
The promo video for This is Hardcore is pretty hilarious.

http://hate5six.com/thisishardcore2011.php

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

AbrahamBurgers posted:

I like it a lot. Nothing really groundbreaking, but solid enough that it doesn't need to be.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
Just got back from The Menzingers, who put on one of the best shows I've ever been to. I would have stayed for Touche and Title Fight, but honestly I don't listen to them and nothing was gonna top what The Menzingers managed to put on imo. I got a copy of Hold On Dodge and the RSD version of Chamberlain Waits!

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
Wow Title Fight is the headliner....hopefully people showing up to see them get into Touche Amore. CT seems to be hoppin this summer for shows...I'm actually having to decide which ones to go to to keep it to once a week through July.. Although this coming week I don't think I can not go to both La Dispute/Defeater and Converge/Trap Them two days later.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I only just discovered touche amore and la dispute.
So I looked up if they were in the UK ever.
They're both playing a show together on my birthday in a pretty local place!
So loving stoked.
Why it scares me is possibly the greatest song ever written. Eight and nine are also full on chills down the spine songs.
Anyone able to recommend anything similar to either of these?

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Welp. Hot Water Music is still the greatest thing to ever happen to me. :allears:

A5H posted:

I only just discovered touche amore and la dispute.
So I looked up if they were in the UK ever.
They're both playing a show together on my birthday in a pretty local place!
So loving stoked.
Why it scares me is possibly the greatest song ever written. Eight and nine are also full on chills down the spine songs.
Anyone able to recommend anything similar to either of these?

A -> B Life by mewithoutYou is pretty similar to La Dispute.

luckdragon
Dec 5, 2008
Seconding a->b life if you like la dispute. also check out saetia. if you like TA also try defeater, loma prieta, pianos become the teeth...any chance the show you're going to is august 8th in brighton?

goons: learn about #ukswell
http://www.thrashhits.com/2011/04/behind-the-scene-ukswell/

and listen to Kerouac
http://kerouacband.bandcamp.com/

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cheers guys :D
It's the Leeds leg luckdragon.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Chaos in Tejas goon rolecall! Who's gonna party with me? Boat show is the best goddamn day of the year, every year.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Saddr Weirdr posted:

Most "emocore" bands were playing on Friday, I went on Saturday and haven't noticed the abundance of people you describe. Mostly just normal crowd you'd expect to see at a punk concert. I was actually surprised how much people were into stuff like Dear Landlord or No Trigger, the bands which I assumed to be relatively unknown.

Dear Landlord is such an awesome band. I saw them for the first time with Banner Pilot, The Manix, and The Mixtapes, awesome show.

punxnbutter posted:

Somehow I had never heard Rvivr and I had really liked Latterman and now love the Shorebirds/Iron Chic and like Daytrader. haven't had a chance to give the other 10 bands a go since they split up.

Speaking of ex-Latterman bands, have you heard Bridge and Tunnel? They're probably my favorite out of all of them. Yo Man Go is awesome too, but they were pretty short lived.

Also, Sick of it All's Based on a True Story is up for pre-orders (for vinyl) on Think Fast Recordings (http://new.merchnow.com/catalogs/think-fast-records) for those living in the USA. First US pressing, the other pressing was a European press.

GHOSTBONER
Jan 23, 2008

this isn't shoegaze
this is suicide
I just saw Spraynard and Spoonboy at a house here in Athens. The show was pretty insane, even if most of the crowd left once the keg was empty. I hope they come around here again pretty soon. Are there any bands like Spraynard I should check out?

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

GHOSTBONER posted:

I just saw Spraynard and Spoonboy at a house here in Athens. The show was pretty insane, even if most of the crowd left once the keg was empty. I hope they come around here again pretty soon. Are there any bands like Spraynard I should check out?

Latterman and anything even tangentially related to Latterman (Shorebirds, RVIVR, Iron Chic), Get Bent, Hold Tight!, uh... Wax Phantom, Like Bats, Direct Hit! I guess.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
For anyone in Chicago, there are some awesome emo and garage-punk bands playing in Logan Square tomorrow. It will be Joie De Vivre's last show, and if you haven't heard of them or seen them, I HIGHLY recommend going to this show. Not only do they sound amazing, but they are also extremely nice guys.

Here's some more info: http://wearethemovingcastle.tumblr.com/post/5395461869/joie-de-vivres-last-chicago-show

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RagingPawn posted:

I am only just listening to it but you are 100% right. I realized I started playing it last night at like 11PM and was still listening to it on repeat at like 3AM.

hedgecore
May 2, 2004
I'm very excited to play with RVIVR tomorrow night in NJ.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
This is more on the side of punk but I met the young fellows of The Fair and Debonair a few nights ago. They're mostly local from Arizona but apparently toured the west coast a few years ago and have been dragging their asses on getting their EP out. Anyway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_MtW_VXeyc from 08'
and
http://www.facebook.com/TheFairandDebonairAZ?sk=app_178091127385
Target: Audience is pretty awesome. This is an amazing show live.

Also, they are playing with The Bled pretty soon.

Edit: Holy poo poo

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 25, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Reminder that the Dwarves' new album, Born Again, is streaming on their bandcamp, and is so loving awesome.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

GHOSTBONER posted:

Athens, GA? I live there/here. w00p

Tom Swift Jr.
Nov 4, 2008

hedgecore posted:

I'm very excited to play with RVIVR tomorrow night in NJ.

Is anyone going to the RVIVR show in Philly on Friday? All of my show-going friends are out of town, and I've never been to Danger Danger before.

LtTennisBall
Apr 5, 2009
Anybody in the Baltimore/Washington area (or if you're interested) Insub Fest 2011 three day passes go on sale tomorrow. 60 bucks for a three day pass. I assume they're gonna go on sale here: http://www.insubordinationrecords.com/NewsAction.do?limit=3
or possibly here: http://theottobar.com/

GHOSTBONER
Jan 23, 2008

this isn't shoegaze
this is suicide

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Athens, GA? I live there/here. w00p

hell yeah :hfive: were you at the show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006