Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Naky posted:

Hmmm. Are you setting it as a melee weapon, a one handed projectile, or two handed projectile? If you have it set up as a weapon, it would probably make more sense to set it up as a two handed rifle so it equips on your back. Then you could have the left hand holding the shield while the right is gripping a pistol kind of deal? I'm talkin' out my rear end here so I don't know if what I say is possible.
Currently it's a 1hpistol type, although setting it to 2h does sound like a good idea. I'd like to actually figure out which of the properties flags is causing the problem though, but as I'm modding small things during breaks in revision it seems like too much effort for the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Co-sine posted:

...My first reaction to the mod was negative. super rich vendors with loads of fully repaired items, people selling every drug in the game, skill books left lying around, etc.

What really killed it for me was the dialogue. A lack of proper grammar always bothers me, but aside from that, the player dialogue options were different enough from the main games to be irritating. Having said that, I'd love to see something done with this place, because it is pretty drat cool.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
I got bored.

Too bad it didn't work. In game the drum, the tube extension, and heatshield disappeared :sigh:

Also due to a conflict of animation groups and animations, it uses the caravan shotgun reload animation. drat. I just wanted a street sweeper that I could aim properly :(

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!
Beeb:

1.) When adding/deleting stuff in nifskope, always do "copy branch", right click the scene root of the new file, and then hit paste branch. You will then have to edit that new part you just added so that it has the proper name (it changes it randomly when it pastes, so copy it from the old file).
2.) When removing old parts, right click the file next to the dropdown arrow and hit remove branch.
3.) The mag needs to be named "#RiotClip" with its subfile "#RiotClip:0" (i think?). The same goes for the bolt which is "#RiotMechanism" etc. etc.

Basically have fun loving with that til you get it.

Or take the office assistant from AG supplementary uniques.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
I did all that. Those are the same steps I've used before to add poo poo with success, this just isn't getting along. In fact, parts that work on my regular 590 up and disappeared on that one :psyduck:

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
Trippy. Check the flags on the BSShaderLightingProperty blocks, make sure the new ones are the same as the original model ones. The exporters don't always set them appropriately.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
One more mod question: are there any mods that add more background music similar to the stuff that's already in-game? I'm not talking about any of the radio tracks, I'm talking about the instrumental stuff that'll play every so often. Everything I've looked for has ended up just giving me more radio songs.

Stuff like these two:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Serenity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOZitSOy_e8

or even some acoustic guitar tracks that would fit in well with a desert wasteland environment.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Try these:

Earthquake (Fallout 3 but should work fine for New Vegas if you rename the folders to match the ones in Data\Music) - http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7274 - I don't use the battle music from this, though. That's as simple as deleting the "Battle" folder from the archive. Actually, I don't use quite a few of these tracks, but just listen to them and use only the ones that aren't lovely (ie. too much guitar)

Mark Morgan's "Vault Archives" - http://auralnetwork.com/releases - remixed versions of the original two games' music. Very good, not sure if these are included in the game or not, but I put them in anyway.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 22, 2011

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
The mod Music Recovery reinstates some location-specific ambient tracks that went unused in the finished game:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39969

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
Oh man, why'd I have to open this thread? I wanna play NV again but I'm not sure if my save game from when I played it over a year ago would work with a new install since I had played with a ton of mods during that game. There's so many new ones out now though that I'm thinking it might just be better to start all over from scratch with a new game. I'm building a new computer in a couple days so why the hell not, right? Other than the stuff marked as such in the OP, are there any other mods that should be considered "essentials"?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Well you're gonna want a mod that attaches penises to everything, but other than that the OP is pretty up to date from what I see.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Gyshall posted:

Try these:

Earthquake (Fallout 3 but should work fine for New Vegas if you rename the folders to match the ones in Data\Music) - http://fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7274 - I don't use the battle music from this, though. That's as simple as deleting the "Battle" folder from the archive. Actually, I don't use quite a few of these tracks, but just listen to them and use only the ones that aren't lovely (ie. too much guitar)

I just listened to a couple of the songs and this is perfect. Thanks!

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

Gyshall posted:

Try these:

Mark Morgan's "Vault Archives" - http://auralnetwork.com/releases - remixed versions of the original two games' music. Very good, not sure if these are included in the game or not, but I put them in anyway.

When you said you put them in, did you add them as a radio channel using the extender?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Mister Bung posted:

When you said you put them in, did you add them as a radio channel using the extender?

I haven't gotten around to installing it yet but I presume you install the files the same way you'd add ambient/battle music in Oblivion (stick them in the Music/etc folders).

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I just dropped them in the BTTL and DNGN folders under Music\. Looking at it now, though, I think it may need an ESP to add the tracks to playlists. I'll take a look.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gumball Dad posted:

Oh man, why'd I have to open this thread? I wanna play NV again but I'm not sure if my save game from when I played it over a year ago would work with a new install since I had played with a ton of mods during that game. There's so many new ones out now though that I'm thinking it might just be better to start all over from scratch with a new game. I'm building a new computer in a couple days so why the hell not, right? Other than the stuff marked as such in the OP, are there any other mods that should be considered "essentials"?

:stare: But it's only been out for seven months.

It'd definitely be better to start with a new game. Pick up the DLCs, do a clean install on a new computer with a bunch of carefully added mods, and feel good about yourself. As far as "essential" mods are concerned, I don't think there's too much outside of the OP. If you find anything, throw it up here and we'll take a look at it.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

Any idea if which mod makes the nights so drat dark? Nevada Skies -URWLifed??
I'm playing through Dead Money and have just entered Somethingorother del Sol and it's completely pitch black - even with my light AND nightvision on. Is it meant to be ridiculous like this?

EDIT: Vanilla NevadaSkies seems to be fine but looks kind of rubbish really. Anyone come across a compromise between the insane darkenss of URWL and NS vanilla?

Mister Bung fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 22, 2011

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I had to turn all all of my Nevada Skies stuff for Dead Money. Try to go indoors before you do.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

Chinaman7000 posted:

I had to turn all all of my Nevada Skies stuff for Dead Money. Try to go indoors before you do.

Fair enough, thanks.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Well, time to start the hype machine, I suppose.

Here is the database of every weapon in The Armory 2.0.

The numbers will change as the initial balancing is being done right now, but the content's finally finished. In the meantime, those of you who wanted to know what mods work with what weapon for v1.5, this list should help out somewhat.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Aww, no drum on the Saiga? :v:

E:

Weee, more double barrels and a Thompson/Center :toot:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 22, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Aww, no drum on the Saiga? :v:

The texture quality of the drum I have would clash immensely with the quality of the Saiga 12 texture, even though it was redone by Safetyhammer.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

I'm guessing there will be an Honest Hearts patch, so we can use .45 automatic ammo instead of 10mm on appropriate weapons.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Hobo on Fire posted:

I'm guessing there will be an Honest Hearts patch, so we can use .45 automatic ammo instead of 10mm on appropriate weapons.

We could make an optional ESP that does so, yes, though I know safetyhammer is making a caliber compatible patch still.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Naky posted:

The texture quality of the drum I have would clash immensely with the quality of the Saiga 12 texture, even though it was redone by Safetyhammer.

I am not sure how to react. A Fallout mod with quality in mind? :psyboom: :v:

Hobo on Fire posted:

I need to figure out how to make a patch for the DeLisle carbine to make it use the .45 ammo.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
I maed a quick model/texture tutorial

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Modelling_and_texturing_tutorial

My english is horrible though :blush:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Finally got FO3 in my New Vegas working right, except I've hit a weird snag. I was using New Vegas Redesigned (no longer available on the Nexus for no apparent reason) to make the NPCs not have glowing yellow hair or weird lumpy heads.

When the game loads, the fade-in menu text and little "boop" noises never happen, although the music plays normally; no stutters, no crashes, the slides display before the normal background where the menu options should go. What could cause that kind of problem? Near as I can see, the ESM and the small ESP only impact _NPC and RACE and I don't get how that could screw with the menu.

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

Arenovalis posted:

I maed a quick model/texture tutorial

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Modelling_and_texturing_tutorial

My english is horrible though :blush:

Thank you so much for this.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Naky posted:

Well, time to start the hype machine, I suppose.

Here is the database of every weapon in The Armory 2.0.

The numbers will change as the initial balancing is being done right now, but the content's finally finished. In the meantime, those of you who wanted to know what mods work with what weapon for v1.5, this list should help out somewhat.

Sexy. Will there be a compatibility patch for WMX and/or WME?

Chronojam posted:

Finally got FO3 in my New Vegas working right, except I've hit a weird snag. I was using New Vegas Redesigned (no longer available on the Nexus for no apparent reason) to make the NPCs not have glowing yellow hair or weird lumpy heads.

When the game loads, the fade-in menu text and little "boop" noises never happen, although the music plays normally; no stutters, no crashes, the slides display before the normal background where the menu options should go. What could cause that kind of problem? Near as I can see, the ESM and the small ESP only impact _NPC and RACE and I don't get how that could screw with the menu.

Did you extract Fallout 3's Misc BSA?

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Capn Beeb posted:

I am not sure how to react. A Fallout mod with quality in mind? :psyboom: :v:

I need to figure out how to make a patch for the DeLisle carbine to make it use the .45 ammo.

Open up armory.esm or whatever in FNVedit and paste the ammo id from one of the .45 gun entries into the entry for the DeLisle.

quote:

Sexy. Will there be a compatibility patch for WMX and/or WME?

For the 1000000th time good goons, the armory is a completely independent non-replacer pack.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

BrainGlitch posted:

For the 1000000th time good goons, the armory is a completely independent non-replacer pack.

He might be talking about the rarely reported issues between WME/X with The Armory.

There have been a couple reports that one of those two may or may not be causing problems with The Armory, but I haven't really gotten a confirmation of it through an FNVEdit error or anything like that nor do I really see a reason why they'd conflict unless they happen to mod a third party mod weapon that coincidentally has the same ID as one of the weapons in The Armory even though I've been pretty good to change up the weapon ID names.

I'd really like to get to the bottom of it one way or the other though.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

QuantaStarFire posted:

Did you extract Fallout 3's Misc BSA?

The instructions were very clear about not doing that, so I did not. Every other mod I've used so far has worked fine, including various Fallout 3 mods.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Did you guys do anything to the laser katana stuff? I found the glow on them to be... Overwhelming.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

There's a Klobb in there. You added the Klobb. Holy poo poo, I can relive my goldeneye playing youth! Please tell me it's as terrible as it was in goldeneye. I need to be able to scream "IT'S KLOBBERIN' TIME!" while bullets come out of my gun in a cone so masive it has some of the bullets hitting stuff stood next to me.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Isn't the Klobb supposed to be a Skorpion, anyway?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Isn't the Klobb supposed to be a Skorpion, anyway?

Yeah all the guns from Goldeneye are just renamed versions of real guns. The Klobb is special because of how hilariously terrible it is, though. It's named properly in the armoury though, "Klobber" is just a nickname.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah all the guns from Goldeneye are just renamed versions of real guns. The Klobb is special because of how hilariously terrible it is, though. It's named properly in the armoury though, "Klobber" is just a nickname.

Gotch. Is the PP-2000 a Skorpion, though? That's what I was asking about, because the PP-2000 is the Klobber in Armory.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Sole.Sushi posted:

Did you guys do anything to the laser katana stuff? I found the glow on them to be... Overwhelming.

Funny story about that, I can't get the stupid glowing to work reliably on my end, but I haven't gotten around to troubleshooting or tweaking it yet.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Gotch. Is the PP-2000 a Skorpion, though? That's what I was asking about, because the PP-2000 is the Klobber in Armory.

So's the Skorpion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Klobber and Klobber Classic, yep. Both are terrible weapons and both are deserving of the association.