Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde
Honestly, I don't see why people might get the impression that he makes it all about him... He does try to put himself in the shoes of the people who are in these insane situations but I personally see that as a way of doing the same thing. He asks the questions that you are pretty much thinking in your own head and thats what I think makes these people answer him. If I were in that sort of situation, I probably wouldn't want to think about how I would be treated in there, let alone ask the inmates what THEY think would happen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Kin posted:

That Essex soap bollocks just won one, so yeah, standards are definitely slipping.

Have you ever even watched the only way is essex? its an incredible docu-drama.

Onion Vanguard
Jun 11, 2010

Breathe in. Breathe out.

LE0N posted:

Have you ever even watched the only way is essex? its an incredible docu-drama.

It's pure shite.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zorba the Greek posted:

It's pure shite.

"Oh my god, right, I was in TVIV the other day and you'll never guess who was there. Zorba the Greek! I know! She was sitting in the UK thread and you know I had to go over and say hello cause she saw me and I didn't wanna be rude or nothing. Anyway, you'll never guess what she said. She told me that The Only Way Is Essex is absolute shite! Can you believe her?! Oh I know, it was dreadful. Are you gonna tell Towie? I dunno, do you think we should? Yeah, let's go tell Towie, it should know."

Repeat for 45 minutes and you have created solid gold.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Think I'll take the dude with BSG av's advice over one with the pony anime

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Don't think we don't see you Final Fantasy av. Also, those two are in accord, how do you feel about black Fonzy?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Zorba the Greek posted:

What? Why don't people like Louis Theroux? His documentaries are amazing.

I'm not a huge fan of his stuff. I think he seems like a really nice guy, but I just don't really like his style when tackling a serious subject. He's much more suited to the sillier ones, which don't really interest me.

To give an example, watch both his and Nick Broomfield's Eugene Terre'Blanche docs.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

NaDy posted:

It really is brilliant. At first I was unsure about it because it seems like quite an obscure concept to base a panel show on, but it's great. David Mitchell plays off really well with Lee Mack, and I always like trying to work out for myself whether people are telling the truth or not. It's a really clever game, when the right guests are on there are a lot of double bluffs and it's full of wit.

And Angus Deyton was the original host :)

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Someone asked for the clip of Merton on Parkinson talking about why Angus had to leave HIGNFY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMXiR089ARQ

"The suggestion was that you and Ian had stabbed him in the back..."
"Well, we stabbed him in the front!"

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I love that clip because while it is very funny, it is also honest. Merton doesn't try to wheedle out of any of it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Captain Mediocre posted:

How can it possibly be legal to hold people for 3(+) years who haven't been found guilty by any trial? Not saying any of the guys on that show seemed particularly innocent but that fact still sits very uncomfortably with me. I enjoyed it as always though, I can see why lots of people don't like Louis Theroux but I can't get enough.

Everybody needs to read The Prison Thread (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3331921) and HidingFromGoro needs a loving medal and a kilometre long megaphone to scream his message into every single house in America. I can see the UK going the same way as America with our privatisation of prisons, and it scares the ever-loving crap out of me.

wickles
Oct 12, 2009

"In England we have a saying for a situation such as this, which is that it's difficult difficult lemon difficult."

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'll miss Lomax so much :( avenge him Tealeaf!

What do you think of my new mobile?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Is it a mobile from NASA?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Does anyone know anything about that little white kid on the louix theroux documentary?
I'm mega curious about his backstory. Something about attempted murder of a woman when he was 16?
Some crazy sociopath or what? Seemed so out of place.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Sounds like that goon who murdered that girl and her male friend because he was insanely jealous of their relationship.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Did that actually happen? God drat this forum's got a body count.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

A5H posted:

Does anyone know anything about that little white kid on the louix theroux documentary?
I'm mega curious about his backstory. Something about attempted murder of a woman when he was 16?
Some crazy sociopath or what? Seemed so out of place.

Google Nianthony Martinez. Dude deserves whatever he gets really, and he's a real piece of work for conniving to plead insanity.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Brown Moses posted:

Sounds like that goon who murdered that girl and her male friend because he was insanely jealous of their relationship.
gonna need a link here tbh

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Lady Galaga posted:

Google Nianthony Martinez. Dude deserves whatever he gets really, and he's a real piece of work for conniving to plead insanity.

Nobody deserves the kind of treatment you get in an American prison, even if they are a complete piece of poo poo.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace!!!!

Bandamyion
Oct 22, 2008

Metrication posted:

All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace!!!!

Loving the music choice too :)

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Aah Adam Curtis, a thoroughly lovely chap. Ayn Rand can do one with her horrible philosopy though.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

Bandamyion posted:

Loving the music choice too :)

Always. He doesn't treat the viewer like an idiot, massively informing and interesting.

I'd be interested in some kind of programme where he presents solutions to the problems he investigates so well.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Great Adam Curtis doc, nothing like it to make you think the world is hosed.

Back to the goon murderer:

quote:

On September 25, 2007, a forum user posted a thread about a double homicide in Oviedo, Florida that involved an acquaintance. As the thread grew, other forum users eventually found the website of Andrew Allred, who posted on the forums as "Bomber166". The website contained significant details about the victims and the murder;Allred's account was subsequently banned and Allred himself was later arraigned on two counts of homicide, attempted murder and armed burglary. He has since pleaded guilty to the murders of Tiffany Barwick and Michael Ruschack
This is the archived thread in question. This is the genius in question:

Magic Mango
Aug 31, 2006

Only fools are enslaved by time and space.
All Watched Over was fantastic, as expected. Agreed on the music being brilliant too, can't wait for the next two.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Ayn Rand died alone and unloved. :)

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Does anyone know the name of the song before the credits rolled, the one with a synthy bit and then some nice piano?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What show were you all watching? Will grab it on iplayer.
Not finding much info on that martinez guy still. Useless.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

A5H posted:

What show were you all watching? Will grab it on iplayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011k45f/All_Watched_Over_by_Machines_of_Loving_Grace_Love_and_Power/

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

Metrication posted:

Does anyone know the name of the song before the credits rolled, the one with a synthy bit and then some nice piano?

Right Where it Belongs by Nine Inch Nails

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You'd think half the problems with that prison could be fixed with a few security cameras.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

A5H posted:

Here's a news article about the crime. Also the first result that comes up on google is his facebook page, surreal.

http://fiusm.com/2008/05/10/former-fiu-student-confesses-to-drive-by-shooting/

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

cloudchamber posted:

Right Where it Belongs by Nine Inch Nails

Thanks.

bobgeldofsunderwear
Sep 22, 2005
According to my film studies book, scar in the lion king is a gay nazi.

Metrication posted:

It's "Right Where It Belongs" by Nine Inch Nails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSkfTedVb0

Does anyone have that link to all the Adam Curtis documentaries from the past? I swear I saw one posted here before.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

bobgeldofsunderwear posted:

It's "Right Where It Belongs" by Nine Inch Nails.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXSkfTedVb0

Does anyone have that link to all the Adam Curtis documentaries from the past? I swear I saw one posted here before.

I watched most of them on Internet Archive, are there better places?
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=adam%20curtis

Bandamyion
Oct 22, 2008

Metrication posted:

I watched most of them on Internet Archive, are there better places?
http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=adam%20curtis

Cheers for that. I thought I'd seen some of his before, but I don't think I have. Time to catch up.

Some amazing interviews and footage sewn together beautifully in that 60mins. Wasn't sure what I was watching at first. Loved it, and yes, we're hosed :)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

pnumoman posted:

So can I get some recommendations here?
I just recently stumbled upon The InBetweeners, and I really liked it. I figure there's got to be other great UK TV since the last great UK comedy I watched (Green Wing), so if you have any fairly recent comedy shows to recommend, I'd love to hear about them.

On a side note, does anyone know of any good UK-centric TV discussion sites? I find it hard to pop my 'Merica bubble.

I'm not sure if it's been recommended but the British Life on Mars is about 100x better than the American one, with a far less retarded ending.

It's very British-centric, though, but it's a rather fascinating look into a certain time period if you're in to that sort of thing.

Also Misfits is like the British Heroes but better written and with more cock jokes.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Sticking with the UK comedy recommendations, it's not exactly recent but Coupling is excellent. Especially the first three seasons.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

NaDy posted:

Here's a news article about the crime. Also the first result that comes up on google is his facebook page, surreal.

From his facebook:

"Nianthony is feeling Furious
05 May 2008 at 06:14 via Top Friends"

Yeah, good luck with the temporary insanity plea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

sebzilla posted:

Sticking with the UK comedy recommendations, it's not exactly recent but Coupling is excellent. Especially the first three seasons.

If we're going retro, there's Spaced, Black Books, and The League of Gentlemen.
I... I think I just love sitcoms too much, I was about to recommend he tracks down Rising Damp.