Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MulhollandDream
Nov 18, 2007
I honestly love Alaska the best. I mean I really like where they have gone but I feel that they are just trying a little too hard now. I was bored with the ep in less then two weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

Lately I've been listening to It Dies Today a lot again. Forever Scorned and The Caitiff Choir are still awesome albums. Never listened to anything after the original singer left.

The only It Dies Today album I've heard is Lividity and it's pretty mediocre. Two or three solid tracks and the rest are throw-aways.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

The only It Dies Today album I've heard is Lividity and it's pretty mediocre. Two or three solid tracks and the rest are throw-aways.

The best way to listen to It Dies Today is literally from start to finish. I didn't like Lividity at all either.

The Forever Scorned EP loving kills.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

MulhollandDream posted:

I honestly love Alaska the best. I mean I really like where they have gone but I feel that they are just trying a little too hard now. I was bored with the ep in less then two weeks.

this, with Silent Circuis a close second. EP was good the first 3-4 spins or so, nothing memorable though

and wtf alaska the weakest track?!?!?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Fit For An Autopsy has a new album coming out and one of the tracks is up on YouTube. The music is decent, but the vocals are amazing. Nate Johnson (ex Deadwater Drowning, Through the Eyes of the Dead) is my favorite vocalist ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQcIW1o2UxI

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I havent noticed anyone posting this stuff so i'll do it:

New Unearth song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmW3s-qlVM

New Black Dahlia Murder song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDEvqdw2fmA

New Trivium song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHJ_d5XWeJw&feature=player_embedded#at=177

Thoughts on all of them:

The new unearth song is pretty good, sounds like Unearth which is a good thing. The new BDM song is loving amazing and easily one of their best; the new trivium song is meant to be a single and it shows; it's not very aggressive and features mostly singing.

That said, I still think the new Trivium album is going to be loving amazing.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I havent noticed anyone posting this stuff so i'll do it:

New Unearth song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmW3s-qlVM

New Trivium song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHJ_d5XWeJw&feature=player_embedded#at=177

Thoughts on all of them:

The new unearth song is pretty good, sounds like Unearth which is a good thing. The new BDM song is loving amazing and easily one of their best; the new trivium song is meant to be a single and it shows; it's not very aggressive and features mostly singing.

That said, I still think the new Trivium album is going to be loving amazing.

Black Dahlia never fails. That song is awesome.

So, Iwrestledabearonce trolled some people last week. Here is a humorous series of links

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/05/17/exclusive-black-metal-just-got-gay-iwrestledabear-once-change-genres/

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/05/19/exclusive-track-premiere-iwrestledabearonce-are-ruining-it-for-everybody-show-us-their-karate-nipples/ This link has a stream of a new song "Karate Nipples". what can I say. It's IWABO. I don't think it's that great but it has its moments.

The funniest part is this though:

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/this-is-the-last-time-you%92ll-see-the-word-iwrestledabearonce-on-this-site/

I didn't think IWABO did that great of a troll because it was so unbelievable, but they apparently did pretty good considering this guy's reaction.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

the Bunt posted:

Black Dahlia never fails. That song is awesome.

So, Iwrestledabearonce trolled some people last week. Here is a humorous series of links

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/05/17/exclusive-black-metal-just-got-gay-iwrestledabear-once-change-genres/

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/05/19/exclusive-track-premiere-iwrestledabearonce-are-ruining-it-for-everybody-show-us-their-karate-nipples/ This link has a stream of a new song "Karate Nipples". what can I say. It's IWABO. I don't think it's that great but it has its moments.

The funniest part is this though:

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/this-is-the-last-time-you%92ll-see-the-word-iwrestledabearonce-on-this-site/

I didn't think IWABO did that great of a troll because it was so unbelievable, but they apparently did pretty good considering this guy's reaction.

That guy was pissed. Also, I had forgotten how much I used to like IWABO, thanks.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Yeah the new Unearth sounds like Unearth but that doesn't make it good. Stings of Conscience was their best album, Oncoming Storm was good and then they just got sucked into that mainstream metal scene that Lamb of God gravitated towards and turned to crap.

I'm not even going to listen to the Trivium song because they're garbage. They played a show at the Downtown in Long Island and one of my friends mooned the singer and we were all making fun of how bad they were.

Black Dahlia Murder is awesome and thew new song doesn't surprise me in how awesome it is.

I have to laugh at Metal Blade really trying to make actually purchasing music "worth it" with all this preorder garbage. The BDM stuff might make a little sense with the "coffin nails" and the ouija board or whatever, it's still dumb but at least appropriate. But a Beer Bong for the Unearth album? :lol:

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I just bought the BDM box set with the t shirt and I'm very happy about it. I'm digging the extras.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I think I learned my lesson on bullshit extras after Killzone 3 Helghast edition that came with an action figure and this little statue helmet thing. When I got it all I could think of was "well what in the gently caress am I supposed to do with this poo poo now?"

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Well at least with the Ouija board I can try and summon the Devil while burning the incense and wearing the shirt.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ShoogaSlim posted:

I'm not even going to listen to the Trivium song because they're garbage. They played a show at the Downtown in Long Island and one of my friends mooned the singer and we were all making fun of how bad they were.

No joke. Ascendancy was ok, but everything since that has sucked huge balls.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

ShoogaSlim posted:

I've actually heard this story from someone else before (who also claimed it was there "friend") are you in any-way related to the band Moth Eater? I used to work with there lead singer at modell's for like 3 months before I got fired (lol) and he told me the same thing.

XIII posted:

No joke. Ascendancy was ok, but everything since that has sucked huge balls.

Both Ascendancy and Shogun were really good albums; though Shogun edges it out because it has less filler then Ascendancy.

Plus, you can tell the band actually evolved on Shogun; it's very prog influenced. Some songs on that album are groovy as gently caress.

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 23, 2011

unhwillneverwin
Oct 16, 2010

Smashing through the boundaries
Lunacy has found me
Cannot stop the battery!
If you haven't had the chance, you have to see Converge live. I saw them for the 4th time in Cambrige, Mass and they loving slayed like always. For a band in their mid-30's, their intensity has never wavered. Can't believe the band is 20 years old already. Despite being a creepy looking motherfucker, Jake Bannon still has the integrity to go balls out every show. The relativly new album Axe to Fall sounds great live, and I know the band would rather quit than just go through the motions on stage.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

unhwillneverwin posted:

If you haven't had the chance, you have to see Converge live. I saw them for the 4th time in Cambrige, Mass and they loving slayed like always. For a band in their mid-30's, their intensity has never wavered. Can't believe the band is 20 years old already. Despite being a creepy looking motherfucker, Jake Bannon still has the integrity to go balls out every show. The relativly new album Axe to Fall sounds great live, and I know the band would rather quit than just go through the motions on stage.

gently caress you, I was so down to go to that show but I was a loving idiot and waited too long to buy tickets and it got sold out. :smith: I hope they come around again, Converge was one of the first live acts I ever saw when I was younger, and they are amazing. I don't think Converge has ever made a weak album, definitely one of my favorite bands.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
New For the Fallen Dreams drops tomorrow

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I've actually heard this story from someone else before (who also claimed it was there "friend") are you in any-way related to the band Moth Eater? I used to work with there lead singer at modell's for like 3 months before I got fired (lol) and he told me the same thing.

Not related to, nor have I ever heard of that band. You have me second guessing myself now. I can't remember if it was my friend Rob who mooned the singer or if it was just some other random kid in the crowd, but I definitely witnessed it with my own eyes. The singer gave the kid the middle finger while playing after he got the moon. They may not be a "bad" band but the definitely didn't belong on the same show as a bunch of hardcore/metalcore bands where every kid there was just waiting for sweet breakdowns to dance to (including myself)

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Trivium are like the Lebron James of metal. They write a lot of really good stuff and are really talented individually, but their personalities and general douchebaggery make people hate them (including myself - Trivium that is, i like Lebron :v:). When they "stopped screaming because its dumb" for that album that sounded exactly like Metallica, then suddenly brought screaming back when people slagged them for it... yeah, that was really really stupid.

I like that new song that was linked but i probably wont get the album.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Windmill Hut posted:

Trivium are like the Lebron James of metal. They write a lot of really good stuff and are really talented individually, but their personalities and general douchebaggery make people hate them (including myself - Trivium that is, i like Lebron :v:). When they "stopped screaming because its dumb" for that album that sounded exactly like Metallica, then suddenly brought screaming back when people slagged them for it... yeah, that was really really stupid.

I like that new song that was linked but i probably wont get the album.

I just like them as a band; they write some catchy poo poo. I've never met them in person or anything but they do have a reputation for being douche bags.

Doesn't mean you can't like them though...do you know how many artists turn out to be huge assholes? A lot.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Last Sunday I went and saw The Human Abstract, Scale The Summit, This Or The Apocalypse, and Across The Sun.

It's been four loving days and I still can't get over how great of a show that was :allears:

I've only recently been able to afford going to shows.
What do you all use to keep up to date on future gigs?
I just started messing around with SongKick, but is there anything better out there?

sonikburn
Jun 12, 2001

CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This is really goddamn good, TBDM never fails to completely amaze me. Nocturnal is still one of my top 5 favorite metal albums.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

The Dark Wind posted:

gently caress you, I was so down to go to that show but I was a loving idiot and waited too long to buy tickets and it got sold out. :smith: I hope they come around again,

It's Massachusetts. Trust me, Converge will be back.

But yeah, show was awesome, though. The singer of Trap Them is like the scariest person ever.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I've never really liked TBDM, but I think part of it is because I was determined not to like them before listening to them. Some punkass overnight waiter at Ihop told a group of my friends and me that he listens to "only REAL metal, like TBDM" and he hates "old wannabe metal bands like Black Sabbath" because "they have no musical talent."

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Just downloaded the It Dies Today demo and Embrace the End's first album (It All Begins With One Broken Dream) both from 2001. I feel old, but it's awesome listening to these old songs again.

Mazel Tov
Jul 27, 2004

*~Hebrew Honeyz~*

ShoogaSlim posted:

Just downloaded the It Dies Today demo and Embrace the End's first album (It All Begins With One Broken Dream) both from 2001. I feel old, but it's awesome listening to these old songs again.

Dug these up from an old HD cause of this post. High five.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I was surprised to discover just how well I remembered the two exclusive tracks on the IDT demo. Like I just last listened to them a week ago as opposed to 5 years ago or whatever.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

I lost the IDT demo on an old computer, but still own a copy of the 6 track EP (the original, not the remastered abortion). Great poo poo.

Also the first two Bury Your Dead records still own bones and I like to continue thinking they stopped making music once Mat left the group :colbert:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

Also the first two Bury Your Dead records still own bones and I like to continue thinking they stopped making music once Mat left the group :colbert:
He's rejoined now. I'm looking forward to the new cd.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I was always hoping they would re-record the Last Face She'll Ever See and put it on an album.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I actually like the remastered version of Forever Scorned.

Bury Your Dead is going on tour with Evergreen Terrace, a buddy of mine and I might go to the Poughkeepsie date if we can both get off work.
http://lambgoat.com/news/view.aspx?id=16301

Funny because I just got my hands on a few Evergreen Terrace albums I had never heard before and the album Wolfbiker is actually really solid.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Reset_Smith posted:

Last Sunday I went and saw The Human Abstract, Scale The Summit, This Or The Apocalypse, and Across The Sun.

It's been four loving days and I still can't get over how great of a show that was :allears:

I've only recently been able to afford going to shows.
What do you all use to keep up to date on future gigs?
I just started messing around with SongKick, but is there anything better out there?

Your lucky man, Human Abstract announced today they are canceling their remaining shows because of a tragedy in one of the band members' family. I think I will still go when the rest come around my parts though because of Scale the Summit, they rule.

as for staying on top of shows, https://www.last.fm has a pretty good schedule and will even post on the welcome screen events and concerts featuring bands that you have played/scrobbled

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me
I haven't been to a show in a couple months, so I really can't wait for the All Stars Tour. After the Burial, Born of Osiris, Emmure, Attila, Chelsea Grin, more bands than I'm going to bother mentioning. I'm so stoked for it, I'm driving down from Seattle to see it in San Fran because they're not coming anywhere closer. 13 hours of driving, 800 miles of freeway, but it's going to be so worth it to see ATB and BOO together, live again. If anyone from western Washington, Oregon, or northern Cali wants to carpool with me and a couple friends and gently caress around before the show, let me know!

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
I can't imagine travelling 800 miles for a gig (from UK), crazy stuff. Sounds like it will be awesome though!

unhwillneverwin
Oct 16, 2010

Smashing through the boundaries
Lunacy has found me
Cannot stop the battery!

MMMCCLI posted:

I can't imagine travelling 800 miles for a gig (from UK), crazy stuff. Sounds like it will be awesome though!

You Brits have it easy with your relativly dense populated country. As for myself in the states, I've driven 6 hours each way for a show, but that is about my limit.

How far has anyone else driven for a show?

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Does We Are The Ocean qualify for this thread? They're kinda post-hardcore type stuff, not very heavy but good anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgeXscaolfE

I don't think its the dense population that helps, it's the fact that within 13 hours you could literally drive from anywhere in the mainland UK to anywhere else.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I've made road trips about 3 hours each way. Once from NYC to Albany to see The Acacia Strain and once from NYC to PA to see Brand New (don't judge).

But I did fly from NYC to California to see Suicide Silence before they got big. My friends and I hung out with them a little after the show in the parking lot and then actually chilled a lot longer with their manager. Who I'm still cool with to this day and crashed at my place a few months ago while he was in NYC. Also, I had a pretty long streak of always being guest listed to any show SS played when they were in NYC, one time they played BB Kings and I got to hang backstage. Pretty sweet, but not super ultra holy poo poo rockstar sweet. And yes I am being a big bragging lame-rear end right now but hey gently caress you.

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me
I've been relatively fortunate because I live so close to Seattle, and there are so many venues there I barely ever have to drive further than 30 minutes. Related to ^, I met a couple bands at Summer Slaughter a couple years ago, it was really cool. Got a picture sesh with ATB, chatted with the keyboardist from BOO. That's just about my favorite concert memory.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Unearth posted yet another new song from their upcoming album:

http://lambgoat.com/unearth-song-premiere/

I think its the best one yet. Can't loving wait for this album :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
New Chelsea Grin sounds like DICK.