Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
Why would they embrace the color red when everyone associates that color with Man. United? They should embrace the blue all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I hadn't thought of it like that before.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.
That yellow sponsor is ugly, Would've looked better in white or some other colour IMHO.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

^^^^It's gold and it looks gorgeous in my opinion

Jollzwhin posted:

They accidentally uploaded them to the Umbro blog:

So are they making new home kits this season too, or just trading out the away kits and moving the midnight-blue to third?

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

black.lion posted:

This kit is making me hungry.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Jollzwhin posted:

Um? It's a classic City shirt.

Whoops, shows how much I know about Man City :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mandalay posted:

Whoops, shows how much I know about Man City :(

IIRC they did ape the design from Milan, but then won a couple things wearing red/black stripes as an away kit, so it's come up now and then. When they were still with Reebok like five years ago they had a black/red away kit that looked pretty nice.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Jollzwhin posted:

unfff

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
i hate the way the sleeves are hoops but otherwise thats a nice kit

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

I wonder what they are putting Hart in - can't be the same black shirt...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Chuggo posted:

Dan Hollis doesn't think so. Maybe you need to reexamine what it means to be a Liverpool fan, Chuggo.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

black.lion posted:

I wonder what they are putting Hart in - can't be the same black shirt...

I'd guess a green one with black shorts.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TyChan posted:

Dan Hollis doesn't think so. Maybe you need to reexamine what it means to be a Liverpool fan, Chuggo.

gently caress

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Chuggo posted:

It's so they're aligned with raised arms, eg celebrating a goal or doing the poznan

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

It's class and I wish Umbro still made United kits :(

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Got the Chelsea 2011 Home in the mail today.

Looks nice.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
what colour is it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

It's so they're aligned with raised arms, eg celebrating a goal or doing the poznan

Is Kompany wearing jeans? I like the kit, one of the few new kits this year with stripes that don't look like poo poo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

black.lion posted:

So are they making new home kits this season too, or just trading out the away kits and moving the midnight-blue to third?

I hope they're replacing the away kit and keeping the current white 3rd kit

e. didn't mean to double post

e2. A 2011/12 gray GK kit is up here

pik_d fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 23, 2011

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Pissflaps posted:

what colour is it

It appears green in regular light and turns periwinkle as it moves to the shade

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

That's a great kit. I think WBA's away kit will be back to the old green and yellow this season and I hope they do something as good as that.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

pik_d posted:

I hope they're replacing the away kit and keeping the current white 3rd kit

e. didn't mean to double post

Nope. The navy away kit from this season is the new 3rd. The sash kit has had two seasons, which is pretty much the longest a kit gets these days.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

quote:

Mock turtlenecks are unfortunate.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jollzwhin posted:

City's press release is a bit silly

mcfc.co.uk posted:

The new Manchester City away kit for the 2011/2012 season was revealed at Monday night’s FA Cup homecoming event at the City of Manchester Stadium.

The inspiration for the Umbro kit is taken from the most famous shirt in the club’s history – the black and red shirt worn in 1969 and 1970 during which time City won the FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup Winners Cup.

To achieve the ‘tailored’ look for the 2011/2012 away shirt, the Umbro kit designers draped black and red fabric over the silhouette of the modern day ‘arms out’ goal celebration.

The shirt is designed so that when a player celebrates a goal or links arms with team mates, the black and red stripe remains consistent. For this reason, there is no seam on the underarm as traditionally stitching can distort the shape and flow of a stripe.
The stripe width on the shirt was inspired by the old 1969 kit. The long sleeve version features an all-black forearm so that there is a unified stripe-look when the players link arms in goal celebrations.

The club crest and sponsor detail is key-lined in gold in order to give standout against the black and red.

Sky blue is featured within the crest so that the away kit always carries a piece of ‘home’.

Black stitching is used on the cuff of the shirt and an equal amount of black and red is featured on the hem.

The new Manchester City away kit is now available for pre-order from the CityStores or online at mcfc.co.uk/shop and will be on sale from 23rd June.

David Blanch, Senior Designer at Umbro, said: “Umbro’s kit designs for City are centred on being modern – not retro. So with this shirt, we married the aesthetic of the 1969 shirt with the modern day ‘arms out’ goal celebration. The result is a shirt which is a celebration of both the future and the past.

“This is a football ‘shirt’ in the truest sense – we have combined modern day football tailoring to end up with a shirt which combines both performance and smartness. Stretch mesh is a key component to allow players to move freely and their skin to breath during matches. Every minor detail within the shirt has a reason for being – nothing is simply ‘there’.

Blanch added: “City fans will be pleased to know there is more black than red within the shirt.”

The shorts are plain black and include the club crest whilst the socks are black and similar to the shirt, feature two bands of red.

Trevor Cairns, Chief Marketing Officer for Umbro, commented: “We know that the black and red ’69 shirt is a fans’ favourite and we are delighted to bring it back but with all the performance benefits for the modern game – especially in what is an FA Cup winning season. This is not a retro shirt but a celebration of the past, present and future of the Club.”
Source

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

pik_d posted:

City's press release is a bit silly

Very awkward. Even the press release seems to be self-conscious about wearing their rival's color. So why even do it?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Dan Hollis posted:

Very awkward. Even the press release seems to be self-conscious about wearing their rival's color. So why even do it?

AC Milan wore red and black when United (well Newton Heath) were still wearing white and blue, City's choice of a red and black striped away kit was a deliberate choice to emulate Milan and has nothing to do with United (they don't actually have a monopoly on the colour red you know).

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

Tsaedje posted:

(they don't actually have a monopoly on the colour red you know).

The only red that matters...

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Dan Hollis posted:

Dan Hollis is on the money.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I don't think the awkward PR people were in charge of the kit design

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I'm jealous of city fans... you guys are getting awesome awesome shirts, though I certainly can't complain about the milan shirts. They've been pretty great recently too.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Still surprisingly few rumours about our new shirts for next year. Maybe since we've already got a replacement lined up Puma just don't care.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
It's our final year with Puma too, but we rarely see a shirt until friendlies start. We're apparently moving to Kappa next :smith:

All I want is proper hoops.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

That city kit is very nice.

When Abramovich leaves im defo supporting city...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Am I the only one who thinks the collar area on the City shirt looks a bit dumb? The rest is cool, sure.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Irn--Bru posted:

That city kit is very nice.

When Abramovich leaves im defo supporting city...

:stare: erm.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Every word out of Man City these days is a massive loving cringe. Too big for their boots.

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Ugh, I hope Newcastle wins the sugar daddy lottery drawing one day instead of ending up poo poo. Being Newcastle I can only imagine that even if we did get a sugar daddy owner who wanted to dump boat loads of money into the club we'd end up in a George Reynolds type fiasco where we find out our owner has been a massive criminal the whole time.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
Are most clubs done releasing their new kits yet? I don't want to pick a club to support til they're all out.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Like the dennis the menace arms, don't like the star trek collar.

And if you think that City press release is cringeworthy, two years ago with the first umbro kits (the white hooped neck home and the black/orange away) City had a designer who resembled a Ricky Gervais character going on about how it's a revolutionary design because the badge is over the heart and that how Adebayor suddenly became more powerful because he felt cool in the away shirt. I can't find it on the website any more, alas.

EDIT: haha found it: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Features/Behind-the-kit-part-4

type behind the kit in the search bar up top to find the others in entire awful series.

Eau de MacGowan fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

c0burn posted:

Every word out of Man City these days is a massive loving cringe. Too big for their boots.

Oh nooo a bit of gumf from Umbro's chief designer