Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I better Waterley has sold out to the Clans and is helping them as the rightful harbingers of Blake or some poo poo. Hopefully we can accidently murder the poo poo out of Waterley as a traitor while we are there. Or deliberately. You know. Whatever works.

I expressed a similar sentiment earlier in the thread. High-five, Myndo-murdering buddy :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
You guys just want to murder Canon characters.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

We've been waiting for ComGuard for a while now, haven't we?

Poptarts, not that I'd ever insist you continue reading a terrible book, but were you going to finish the let's read you were doing earlier?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Nothing says "alternate history" like a pile of dead famous people.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

AT&T I, too, think we should waste Waterly if found

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

ComGuard The Clans must be made to pay the same fees as everyone else for the use of our completely free to us very valuable tubes.

Sair
May 11, 2007

ComGuard. We'll show them how Ma Bell does it.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Time to play with fun toys. And phones.

ComGuards

Chicken Slayer
Nov 7, 2009
Marik Militia, just so the Com Guard don't get all the votes.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Comguards.

Which reminds me, I need to make a Comguard lance soon.

Chronojam posted:

As a counterpoint, if they orbital strike HPG centers, there will be little defense (in the form of aerospace fighters and weaker IS dropships) and a long period of silence before anybody can confirm what's happening :tinfoil: Nobody is ready for a space fight except Space Verizon.
Actually Rasalhauge and the Outworlds Alliance both have significant pilot traditions. Furthermore, the average Inner Sphere pilot is as good if not better than the average Clanner pilot. One obvious thing explains this:

Danger Zone is "wasteful" and thus the Clanners don't listen to it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Still not feeling the ComGuards here. Even if it is not likely to happen, gonna vote B for Goliath Scorpion action.

Also, did Tejh just put forth an assault on Helm by ComGuards disguised as the Red Corsair when Melissa Steiner, the Kell Hounds and Team Banzai are also heading there under the same disguise? Awkward...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ComGuard, naturally.

Though I'm curious as to what the joke choice would entail and wouldn't mind hearing your scrounged up plans for it once the vote's tallied.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

PoptartsNinja posted:

I ask you: Is wanting to murder canon characters, given how many canon characters utterly wretched, so wrong- quineg?

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
A: 24
B: .5
C: 2

Looks good for the blessed order.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
My choice should be known to anyone who has paid attention, but A)ComGuards. As a sidenote, should Waterley still be alive, we find and question her once combat has concluded. If she has betrayed ComStar (and by extension the IS), she deserves nothing less than a summary execution. We must get more information before we decide whether or not to pull the trigger people.

Also I just parsed the fact that Comstar is thinking of the Red Corsair making an appearance on Helm. Will ComStar be contacting them, or will it be a false flag operation? If it is the second option, things will get...interesting, to say the least.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

GhostStalker posted:

Still not feeling the ComGuards here. Even if it is not likely to happen, gonna vote B for Goliath Scorpion action.

Also, did Tejh just put forth an assault on Helm by ComGuards disguised as the Red Corsair when Melissa Steiner, the Kell Hounds and Team Banzai are also heading there under the same disguise? Awkward...
Cue "I'm Spartacus!" jokes.

Might as well go with the ComGuard, though it's not really as though they're going to lose the vote at this point. I have to admit the Marik Militia tempt me, if only for the idea that it isn't going to degenerate into a fight somehow but rather is a piloting/gunnery test to form an honour guard and put on a fireworks show. Though i'd guess we'd still manage to turn that into a fight too.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions

Revenant Threshold posted:

Cue "I'm Spartacus!" jokes.

Might as well go with the ComGuard, though it's not really as though they're going to lose the vote at this point. I have to admit the Marik Militia tempt me, if only for the idea that it isn't going to degenerate into a fight somehow but rather is a piloting/gunnery test to form an honour guard and put on a fireworks show. Though i'd guess we'd still manage to turn that into a fight too.

It is the Free Worlds League, after all.

Brandy Collins
Sep 17, 2009

I do believe it is about time the ComGuards got their day in the sun. Or week. Or however long the battle takes.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Brandy Collins posted:

I do believe it is about time the ComGuards got their day in the Mystery Box.

More prophetic words could not have been spoken by Blake himself.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Marik Militia
A surprise visit from elements of the Free Worlds League Guards has a company of the Marik Militia struggling to muster enough of their poorly trained and ill-equipped forces back to base in time to honor the Guards’ unexpected arrival.

It's way too late since the ComGuards already have this locked up, and frankly, I think we should do the ComGuards regardless, but read that again and look at the map.

Notice how close the Marik battle is to Liao space?

That's almost certainly not the real Free Worlds League Guards. My money is on that being Death Commandos, who love to play that kind of impersonation game.

Still, as interesting as that would be, we should still do the ComGuards while we still can.

EDIT: Noting here that my vote is already cast and this post is merely predictive, not a vote.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 24, 2011

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Chicken Slayer posted:

Marik Militia, just so the Com Guard don't get all the votes.

Marik Militia because I want to know what the hell is going on there.

Aesirstorm
Sep 16, 2002

NOT GAY
Dinosaur Gum
Comgaurds Blake's will be done.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
A! stop the FWL from winning!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahah, wait, so in the background we've got two fake Red Corsairs going off to Helm? Fun fun fun.

Also A

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"
Marik Militia would be a nice dark-horse vote, especially since the Dark-Horse votes (a) make PTN scramble and (b) wind up being interesting.

That said, I'm voting for Com*. Because whether or not they're the heirs of the SLDF, they're going to have to pay for their goddamned SphereNet like everybody else!

Also, I want to splatter Myndo. I was tricked, Sunday, into rooting for the smack-down of canon characters. But this time, there's no trickery involved: that bitch needs to die.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Hahah, wait, so in the background we've got two fake Red Corsairs going off to Helm? Fun fun fun.

You know, since her mother was the original Red Corsair, you've got to admit that Melissa has as much right to the name Red Corsair as she does to being Archon. So technically it'd be a ROM fake versus the real Red Corsair.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jng2058 posted:

You know, since her mother was the original Red Corsair, you've got to admit that Melissa has as much right to the name Red Corsair as she does to being Archon. So technically it'd be a ROM fake versus the real Red Corsair.

"I am the Red Corsair™ #73249. Ask about Franchise opportunities in your area."

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Voting Marik Militia because there's no fun like poorly trained and ill-equipped fun!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Comguards

(Also: PoptartsNinja, you MAGNIFICIENT bastard.)

Felime fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 24, 2011

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mukaikubo posted:

I ask you: Is wanting to murder canon characters, given how many canon characters utterly wretched, so wrong- quineg?

There's like three that I wouldn't waste.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

More prophetic words could not have been spoken by Blake himself.

Oh ho ho!

I uh... I recuse myself from this vote, on account of sardines.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Not only is A ComGuards, but they're also going against the Hell's Horses. Because who doesn't want to fight tanks with 2 Gauss Rifles and a Targeting Computer?

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan
A is winning anyway but I think it's the best choice. I want to see what version of Operation Scorpion we get in this timeline.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Only going for the Hell's Horses scenario if they have their riduclous totem mech.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Looks like it's time for the Comstar option, finally, though I think the Marik Militia one is interesting enough to cast my vote for it regardless of the possibility of that happening.

Thus, I vote for Marik Militia

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Comstar! Time to see what a smaller technological gap can do!

Kick the Hell's Horses asses, Comguard!

Those are the dudes running around with tanks, right?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Artificer posted:

Comstar! Time to see what a smaller technological gap can do!

Kick the Hell's Horses asses, Comguard!

Those are the dudes running around with tanks, right?

And with infantry! Which, sadly, means REDACTED...now in this era...

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 24, 2011

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
You might want to edit that post, if only for appearances.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Reply REDACTED

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
Well, the game really has worn out its usefulness anyway. Basically, to hype up their scariness on a battlefield, we called them <REDACTED> (with Spoiler Bar) to keep new players and thread viewers guessing. Like I said though, I suppose it got old a long time ago.

• Locked thread