Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I know it's been a week or so since it was posted, but I've been without internet so I must know:

I listened to the posted episode with Carolla on a week or so ago, and it's my first time listening to an episode since Adam left the show.

Psycho Mike seems OK enough, but in all honesty I never listened to the show for the calls, but for Adam's comedy. It was pretty good, but there were a few things I didn't understand:

Is the part with the two of them bullshitting in the beginning just an internet thing, or is that broadcasted? They talked about artichokes with Anderson for what seemed like 15 minutes.

Does Mike always sing when they're back from commercial? It was really grating and I hated it. But I did think that Mike was a worthy successor to Adam, just not as funny on the fly.

What was the rhyming game? Is that something pretty common? Any other fun games I missed since I stopped listening to new episodes? Do they still do Germany or Florida, or the Ranchero Countdown?

What was with the recap at the end? I don't understand the point of that at all.

Anderson seems to have really become a bigger part of the show. I hope they're paying him accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

criscodisco posted:

:words:
Is the part with the two of them bullshitting in the beginning just an internet thing, or is that broadcasted? They talked about artichokes with Anderson for what seemed like 15 minutes.

A: It is the preshow on the internet broadcast stream/podcast. It is great most of the time, sometimes they will talk about seeing each other on television or talk about a local restaurant for the entire 10 minutes.

Does Mike always sing when they're back from commercial? It was really grating and I hated it. But I did think that Mike was a worthy successor to Adam, just not as funny on the fly.

A: No, it is only when he does Sven the disco guy. I am over it for the most part. They got Drew to do it one night and it was golden then.

What was the rhyming game? Is that something pretty common? Any other fun games I missed since I stopped listening to new episodes? Do they still do Germany or Florida, or the Ranchero Countdown?

A: Stinky Pinky! It is common, nightly at least and occasionally twice or three times a night. No more GoF on Ranchero Countdown.

What was with the recap at the end? I don't understand the point of that at all.

A: Anderson seems to think there is a need to waste time to tell the callers what they just heard, even though nobody cares including Mike and Drew it seems. :iiam:

Anderson seems to have really become a bigger part of the show. I hope they're paying him accordingly.

A: He chimes in more often now which is fine with me. He has a show on Thursday's that has been mentioned in the thread, The Loveline After Disaster. It is Anderson, Mike Carrano, Tyler uh... web/engineer/phone guy, sometimes Mike will stay or they will have a guest some random friend of theirs that brings a case of beer. Reggie the security guard has been on often. Anyway the After Disaster is great and can be downloaded for free from lovelineshow.com.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

CatchrNdRy posted:

I recently heard the story about Adam driving Teem and Adam's Catholic little brother Nate back from school. Remember Teem is lardy and Nate is so skinny that his knees are the widest part of his body.

They were sullen about being ignored by girls and Adam was trying to give them a pep talk; next year the girls would be after older sophomores like them.

"Ehh who are you trying to keed? Nate is too skeeny. And I am too fet!" :smith:

And Adam didn't know how to reply.
I love that story, I haven't heard him tell it in forever. And someone tell me if I'm remembering this wrong, but at some point on one of his shows (I think it was the morning radio show), Adam mentioned having a tape of Teem and Nate's rap song, he was talking about bringing it in and having it played on the air but I never heard anything more about it. Did that ever happen, or am I imagining it?

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009
If this is true, you're going to go to jail buddy.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

NIGARS posted:

It's 2005-04-07, call starts at about 56:00. One of the funniest segments I've heard in a long time. Just as Adam gets over it, the next caller comments that he suffers from the same affliction and sets him off again.

Oh god, and it's a DAG episode. I know I listened to this when it first aired, and a second or third time probably, but I gotta hear this again. There goes 90 minutes!

edit: DOH! I'm off by 10 days.

ParagonParadox27 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on May 22, 2011

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Instrumedley posted:

If this is true, you're going to go to jail buddy.
What's the context of this? I know it's Dr. Bruce but I've only heard the drop.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Cromulent posted:

What's the context of this? I know it's Dr. Bruce but I've only heard the drop.

I think the caller was a guy who had an underage girlfriend, it's only funny because Bruce sounds hammered when he says it

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Dr who?

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Ez posted:

Dr who?

Dr Bruce fills in for Drew.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
WHOOOOOOOOO?! I think he meant.

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008
Where's Dr. Drew?

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Out chasin' a nickel someone dropped in Cincinatti.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

WouldDesk posted:

Dr Bruce fills in for Drew.

I was expecting someone to say Dr Spaz

NIGARS
Sep 12, 2004

yeah nigars

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Oh god, and it's a DAG episode. I know I listened to this when it first aired, and a second or third time probably, but I gotta hear this again. There goes 90 minutes!

edit: DOH! I'm off by 10 days.

Incidentally that one is pretty good too (I'm working through this stretch of episodes in order). It has the segment featured in this flash movie.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Ez posted:

Dammit :downs: I need to step it up.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Ez posted:

Dr who?

I've had anal sex and passed out a couple times.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

whatsabattle posted:

Ssssssssssshocking!

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Ez posted:

Good lenses, bad frames.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

TequilaJesus posted:

Good lenses, bad frames.

Smarter than Dr Drew, and probably a better Dr than Dr Drew.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
I like Bruce and wish he'd show up on Adam's podcast more. He's always great at taking ribbing and he's, well, a better doctor than Drew.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.
GOD DAMMIT BRUCE, HOW MANY SWEET AND LOWS CAN YOU PUT INTO THAT COFFEE?! AT WHAT POINT DOES IT JUST BECOME BITTER?!

Hormones
May 9, 2009

whatsabattle posted:

You know, sex is not a recreational sport.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Instead of Dapper Rapper, I was waiting for Dapper Wafflecrapper.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
May be old news.. but this was something new to me: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/20/gotta-watch-this-jest-in/

quote:

Adam Lakers Carolla – It wasn’t quite like gaining access to President Obama’s birth certificate (you know, the long-form one), but the most difficult part of putting this video together was obtaining a scan of Carolla’s drivers license. But we kept at it, and can proudly bring you proof that his middle name really is Lakers. As in Los Angeles Lakers. As in, no longer in the playoffs.

Considering Adam always told callers he had no middle name, this makes more sense now. I would deny it as well.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
The story's been told before and it's not that his parents gave him the Lakers middle name, he simply made it up and put it on a government paper and now it's his middle name.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
That would have taken some faith by Adam's parents in early 60's Philadelphia.

Seems like a long way to go for a Lakers joke though. As in, not funny.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

JGdmn posted:

That would have taken some faith by Adam's parents in early 60's Philadelphia.

Seems like a long way to go for a Lakers joke though. As in, not funny.

Actually it's pretty funny.

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

criscodisco posted:

I know it's been a week or so since it was posted, but I've been without internet so I must know:

I listened to the posted episode with Carolla on a week or so ago, and it's my first time listening to an episode since Adam left the show.

Psycho Mike seems OK enough, but in all honesty I never listened to the show for the calls, but for Adam's comedy. It was pretty good, but there were a few things I didn't understand:

Mike has grown on me, unlike Stryker. I'm not a fan of Anderson's increased speaking role.

I was noticing how Drew has changed since the first Carolla years.
He has a lot of Carolla-style anger at callers "JUST STOP IT AAGH". Whereas before they'd have to use the "this guy's an rear end in a top hat" drop to express his displeasure.

He's still about the same, but I sort of prefer the serious, whooped, culturally ignorant, "wouldn't know good radio if it hit him in the face" Drew to the laid back, media friendly Drew.

CatchrNdRy fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 25, 2011

Fledgling Gulps
Jul 4, 2007

I'll meet you in Meereen,
we'll grub out.
Does he still hit the mic with his coffee mug? Or clam up whenever Mike takes a sip?

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
How is Bruce a better doctor then Drew?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is this a question or a quote?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I know Adam used to say that Bruce was a better doctor than Drew, and I think Someguy doesn't realize that it was a quote earlier.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Someguy posted:

How is Bruce a better doctor then Drew?

It's just a feeling thing. Drew's secluded to addiction medicine, which he's admittedly great at (in spite of a poor record due to the subjects being treated and their illness itself), but Bruce has emergency medicine experience, which is a much wider field of study and practice. Then again, it's sometimes just tongue-in-cheek and we're not knocking Drew at all since he happens to be extremely entertaining and is great at what he does.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
If you were on a plane...

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

Fledgling Gulps posted:

Does he still hit the mic with his coffee mug? Or clam up whenever Mike takes a sip?

If he does Mike doesn't draw attention to it. Mike is openly worshipful of Drew and Adam.

And I think Mike's impersonations are very good. Adam was only good at the content of impersonating, but clearly not vocals.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."

CatchrNdRy posted:

If he does Mike doesn't draw attention to it. Mike is openly worshipful of Drew and Adam.

And I think Mike's impersonations are very good. Adam was only good at the content of impersonating, but clearly not vocals.

Rudy is a dead on imitation of these mexican guys I used to smoke weed with.

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
This segment from the other night had me in tears and I'm so glad there's now a video to accompany the whole bit.

http://video.aol.com/aolvideo/aol-video/when-is-it-ok-to-go-to-a-strip-club/957221298001

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
It might be offensive, but Adam's Asian voice always cracks me up. The first time he was the Chinatown pharmacist Drew was buying condoms from was great.

"What you do wit all dem condoms? You sell to friend? Now on you get BJ!"

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

GuitarJunkie posted:

Rudy is a dead on imitation of these mexican guys I used to smoke weed with.

The Cinco De Mayo story (on the this years Cinco De Mayo episode) as told by Rudy was amazing.

His Sven character not so much, its basically like a Eurotrash version of Strongbad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CatchrNdRy
Mar 15, 2005

Receiver of the Rye.

CatchrNdRy posted:

The Cinco De Mayo story (on the this years Cinco De Mayo episode) as told by Rudy was pretty hilarious.

His Sven character not so much, its basically like a Eurotrash version of Strongbad.

here is the cinco story
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY4Zu9227v4

• Locked thread