Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Millstone posted:

It's 10:02am and Howard is still on the air :stare:

Impossible! It's a Monday!

And has Robin ever really broken down on the show before? I usually judge her patience by her psychotic laugh, but I don't think I've ever seen her go nuts on the show outside of walking off and banning the replay from mocking her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

Burden posted:

Todd Phillips calling out Robin for being a horrible news woman.

Missed it on the replay. Can anyone summarize please?

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Stern show Twitter:

quote:
Hey now...Robin fell into a depression this weekend & ate solid food, breaking her detox. Howard wonders if the diet caused the depression

Anyone know what it was she ate?
We should get people calling in saying "robin, you sound all congested have you been drinking MILK?"

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Butthole Prince posted:

Missed it on the replay. Can anyone summarize please?

"Robin, you're one of the most misguided news journalists I've ever heard. I've been a fan for 20 years, and the interruptions and wrong information is just shocking."

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
Maybe after this bout of depression Robin will realize that she needs to take a more conventional route to mental and physical health. Ayawaska, coffee enemas, detoxing, fasting, colonics and the rest of that bullshit doesn't work. Go to a loving therapist!

Who am I kidding, Robin is not going to change

EvilLemon
Sep 15, 2004
Squeeze me. I squirt.

Streebs posted:

Maybe after this bout of depression Robin will realize that she needs to take a more conventional route to mental and physical health. Ayawaska, coffee enemas, detoxing, fasting, colonics and the rest of that bullshit doesn't work. Go to a loving therapist!

I live a pretty healthy lifestyle but every once in a while I need a taco and some nachos. People can only deprive themselves so much. Paying for it today though....ugh.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

And has Robin ever really broken down on the show before? I usually judge her patience by her psychotic laugh, but I don't think I've ever seen her go nuts on the show outside of walking off and banning the replay from mocking her.
One of the Fight Weeks has a great clip of Robin becoming unhinged after losing to Dominic Barbara in basketball. She didn't even make an attempt to play it off with nervous laughter like she usually does. It was straight up screaming at everybody.

There was also Robin getting so exasperated by Stuttering John that she wanted to crap in his mouth, but I get the feeling that's actually a normal reaction to spending time with John.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The fight week shows are some of the best collections they've ever produced. Robin threatening Stuttering John with a poo poo in the mouth is really one fantastic segment.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

EvilLemon posted:

I live a pretty healthy lifestyle but every once in a while I need a taco and some nachos. People can only deprive themselves so much. Paying for it today though....ugh.

I remember watching a show recently on weird food addictions. They had a young women who has eaten nothing but french fries for every meal in her life since she was like 5 years old. And not like fresh potato oven fries either, it had to be frozen store bought fries deep-fried in oil.

The kicker is that she was not overweight at all and quite attractive. She even had a healthy daughter of her own whom I assumed must be made completely out of potato atoms.

So yeah, I'm not even sure that what you eat really has that big of an impact as long as you're active and don't eat to excess.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Streebs posted:

You would think being around Howard would teach you the real importance of taking care of yourself mentally and physically. gently caress, hanging around on that show should teach you how to important it is to bathe and keep sane.

Snark posted:

One of the Fight Weeks has a great clip of Robin becoming unhinged after losing to Dominic Barbara in basketball. She didn't even make an attempt to play it off with nervous laughter like she usually does. It was straight up screaming at everybody.

There was also Robin getting so exasperated by Stuttering John that she wanted to crap in his mouth, but I get the feeling that's actually a normal reaction to spending time with John.

The second one is understandable.

But Robin is really wound up tighter than her hair extensions. Maybe she should see a real therapist and try to change her life. It's better than getting the Stern equivalent of getting humiliated on-the-air constantly.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
I feel like posting this just because it makes me laugh every drat time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JXwwUP7Xo

Chimneyfish
Oct 14, 2003

Ronnie took another hot bathroom picture.

I love the little NASCAR stickers all over the wall. The guy is aging in reverse.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Yes, I too aspire to make my bathroom look like the men's toilet in a low-end sportsbar in North Carolina.

SCORESMAN!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

But Robin is really wound up tighter than her hair extensions. Maybe she should see a real therapist and try to change her life. It's better than getting the Stern equivalent of getting humiliated on-the-air constantly.

She did see a therapist. She saw him like two times and now she's cured

"UHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

It's better than getting the Stern equivalent of getting humiliated on-the-air constantly.

If we didn't have to endure everything else, I would love to have this happen.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_9Zb_bNT5A for the summary of the Robin thing

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Holy poo poo I'm 3 minutes in and this is the best thing in a long time.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

Holy poo poo I'm 3 minutes in and this is the best thing in a long time.

The best is that during the news Robin reported that the rapture guy, who is 89, went and saw his mother to say goodbye.

Fantastic journalism. Barring her being extremely old, there's not even a hint of anything related to that with a quick Google search.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Gotta admit, I do love Howard getting pissed at the Sirius management for being a bunch of pricks.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Millstone posted:

The worst part is they take all the things he said and are like "drat, look at all this said because Robin said that about his movie." hahaha woosh right over their heads

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Got an email describing a class action lawsuit against SiriusXM. I haven't been a subscriber since Artie left.

http://www.satelliteradiosuit.com/

Ribsauce posted:

The worst part is they take all the things he said and are like "drat, look at all this said because Robin said that about his movie." hahaha woosh right over their heads

Yeah, they didn't take any of what he said seriously. It fell flat because they all just ended up laughing it off.

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 24, 2011

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Got an email describing a class action lawsuit against SiriusXM. I haven't been a subscriber since Artie left.

http://www.satelliteradiosuit.com/

Yeah, they didn't take any of what he said seriously. It fell flat because they all just ended up laughing it off.

So the settlement is that subscription prices wont go up from their current rates for the rest of the year? What kind of bullshit lawsuit is this? I want :10bux:

edit

quote:

As part of the proposed Settlement, Sirius XM has agreed not to raise the price of its base subscription plan and certain other prices through the end of 2011. Additionally, subscribers with long term plans (excluding lifetime subscriptions) will be permitted to restart their plan at current rates before December 31, 2011. After approval of the Settlement, former subscribers will also be permitted to either (a) reconnect their satellite radio without paying a reactivation fee and receive one month service at no cost; or (b) receive one month of Sirius XM Internet streaming service at no cost. The estimated value to the Class of the Settlement is approximately $180 million. :rolleyes::fh: The Settlement does not provide for cash payments to Class members.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 17:18 on May 24, 2011

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Class action suits are always settled for dinky concessions on the part of the corporation. I almost signed onto a suit with Epson printers and when all was said and done a couple years later all Epson had to do was send customers a free ink cartridge. Whoopee.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Man I hate the show when you can tell Howard is working an angle.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Man I hate the show when you can tell Howard is working an angle.

Can you elaborate for those not able to listen to the show? (I'm in Portland and my rental car doesn't have it, and can't listen to it on my phone at work).

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

fuzzi posted:

Can you elaborate for those not able to listen to the show? (I'm in Portland and my rental car doesn't have it, and can't listen to it on my phone at work).

Sirius would be nothing without me, gently caress Oprah, I was 100% responsible for the merger, and where is my respect.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Sirius would be nothing without me, gently caress Oprah, I was 100% responsible for the merger, and where is my respect.

"I invented reality TV, talk radio, and jokes"

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Sounds like they flat out told him regardless of why the merger took place, those subs aren't his to claim.

Which fine, if he is getting screwed more power to him. But Howard Stern is not the most self aware person. Who knows what happened. He sounded like kind of an rear end in a top hat this morning.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Kelly posted:

Sounds like they flat out told him regardless of why the merger took place, those subs aren't his to claim.

Which fine, if he is getting screwed more power to him. But Howard Stern is not the most self aware person. Who knows what happened. He sounded like kind of an rear end in a top hat this morning.

Yeah, I like angry Howard but he wasn't being interesting about it nor was it funny.

I do think its funny though that he uses the word 'acquired' or 'acquisition' instead of merger like before.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

Howard's a factor but not all the factors, I would think.

How long did he rant about it?

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
That audio that the bus driver sent in today of the crazy guy making those hosed up noises was hilarious. It almost sounded fake to me, like what a 12 year old would do to his 10 year old brother to try and scare him into thinking there is a monster under the bed, or in the closet etc. None the less, I almost pissed myself laughing, and would love to go on a bus and start doing that, to gently caress with people. I just don't think I'd be able to keep a straight face.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

My favorite bit was him bitching about her 3 day work week; pot calling the kettle a negro-woman from the south much, Howard?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

My favorite bit was him bitching about her 3 day work week; pot calling the kettle a negro-woman from the south much, Howard?

"We are enough!"

I know Stern fans are cult-like in their mentality and fervor, but Oprah is on a whole other level of loving mental.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Millstone posted:

Wow, finally someone loving called her out and Howard is such an rear end about it. Honestly it's going to take celebrity super fans like that to just call out the bullshit because Howard doesn't have the balls anymore to hang up on people or start wars.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

Howard also cut a caller off during the rant when the caller started to say something about Howard working four days a week.

I had to listen to the rant on HELLO YOOTOOB 'cause I finally poo poo-canned my Sirius sub. My drat radio sat in a drawer for at least two months out of six "No, don't cancel, we'll give you free time" months. So if anyone wants a Stratus 3 with an AC cord I had to repair because of a cat who chews wires and a car dock that I'm pretty sure doesn't broadcast an FM signal, y'know, say something and I'll throw out some contact info. Unless I should take it to SA Mart or something.

I'll always have Sal's Apology. And, you know, youtube.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
holy poo poo Jimmy Fallon's Gilbert is perfect.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Someone needs to tell Howard that his "I don't know how to pronounce this person's name" schtick has never been funny. Wasn't funny with M. Night Shayamalan, still isn't funny with Zach Galifianakis. Neither name is hard to pronounce.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

chiz posted:

holy poo poo Jimmy Fallon's Gilbert is perfect.

I find Jimmy Fallon really annoying, but his impressions are incredible.

Prize Chicken
Feb 21, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

Someone needs to tell Howard that his "I don't know how to pronounce this person's name" schtick has never been funny. Wasn't funny with M. Night Shayamalan, still isn't funny with Zach Galifianakis. Neither name is hard to pronounce.

It's funny sometimes. My favorite is when he contorted Padma Lakshmi into "Padmeer Lox Schmear". Gackafinakilus is a close second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

No, M.Knight Shama-lanma-ding-dong was funny for about the first 8 or 9 times, and then it got old.