Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
didn't arshavin say they were going to play in something that looked like a skirt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
It does look like a 1 strap dress now that you mention it. What a terrible kit.

e: with 1 boob hanging out

kcer fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 25, 2011

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

El Jebus posted:

We aren't ALL in Phil's pocket. Adidas has a pretty good foothold here as well.

I'm pretty sure that's only because all MLS kits are made by Adidas. They don't even do a great job :/

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Mandalay posted:

I'm pretty sure that's only because all MLS kits are made by Adidas. They don't even do a great job :/

Adidas saves their best poo poo for Germany.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mandalay posted:

I wasn't even thinking about the MLS kits, I was thinking about the Adidas HQ in North Portland. It's no Nike World, but it is still pretty cool in the old hospital.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

This is going to be a horrible year for fabric.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Paul Pot posted:

didn't arshavin say they were going to play in something that looked like a skirt?

Andrey Arshavin posted:

12. From Nkitabozhok
Hi Andrey, Do know what your new Arsenal uniform will look like?

AA: I know, and I'll tell you. Our guest uniform next season will look like jockey’s clothes.

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!

Mandalay posted:

You know a Nike shirt looks bad when the Oregon guy says that

El Jebus posted:

We aren't ALL in Phil's pocket. Adidas has a pretty good foothold here as well.

I thought he meant that in reference to what the Oregon football team wears:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Sanskrit Scat posted:

This is going to be a horrible year for fabric.

probably a horrible few years because these trends in redesigning usually last about 3-4 before the change starts to accure.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Dan Hollis posted:

Yeah, except the Oregon football team gets new uniforms every week when their current one sucks. Arsenal, on the other hand...I can't imagine that diagonally striped kit lasting a whole season.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Voluspa posted:

Yeah, about that

Those Marseille shirts are nice? :confused:

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Mandalay posted:

Yeah, except the Oregon football team gets new uniforms every week when their current one sucks. Arsenal, on the other hand...I can't imagine that diagonally striped kit lasting a whole season.

No, not because they suck it's because Oregon is Nike's test bed and pretty much given new unis every week simply because Phil Knight bankrolls their whole entire program. That kit may or may not last the whole season but wow, Arsenal are an even bigger joke of a club than they are now.

Harry Anus
Feb 11, 2005

Dan Hollis posted:

Those kits are nice, especially the white one. Think I just found an NFL team to root for

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

Harry Anus posted:

Those kits are nice, especially the white one. Think I just found an NFL team to root for

it's the University of Oregon, not an NFL team :)

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I would hope he's actually reinforcing the notion because all those kits are class. Lyon have had some pretty nice shirts too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

if you ignore the sponsor, the Stade Rennais kit is also good

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Harry Anus posted:

Newer ones are even better. I really like white/silver as a colourscheme for some reason. Also, the matte black helmet far right. Nike can get really creative, but that Arsenal shirt is loving horrible.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Harry Anus posted:

Those are from a few years ago and were pretty hated by uniform spergs like me, but in retrospect, they're not so bad. The most recent ones are a better example of the terrible ideas Nike spurns on Oregon:

Note the duck feathers and the patterned helmet. And the numbers are the same and terrible.

e: re: the post above: Ha, no accounting for taste, I guess. I just prefer nice, simple plain colors and classic looks.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

foobardog posted:

Those are from a few years ago and were pretty hated by uniform spergs like me, but in retrospect, they're not so bad. The most recent ones are a better example of the terrible ideas Nike spurns on Oregon:

Note the duck feathers and the patterned helmet. And the numbers are the same and terrible.

e: re: the post above: Ha, no accounting for taste, I guess. I just prefer nice, simple plain colors and classic looks.

as An Oregon Alumni, the wings are better because at least ducks have wings. the diamond plating looked loving horrible. Plus the number font is much clearer now.

and those white/piss yellow ones were because we got to the BCS title game last year. Imagine a European club getting new kits because they got to the Champions League final and you'd have the equivalent.

also we wore these for 1.5 games in 2009 and they were awesome

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

They were awesome because they are nice simple plain colors and classic looks and the Ducks always used to look somewhat like that. Tron Space Ranger Oregon is an abomination upon College Football.

Which, of course, this thread is not about.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Has this been posted yet

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

euroboy posted:

congrats, nike. you finally did it. the ugliest kit of all time.

What :suspense:

quote:

Death to Nike.

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

euroboy posted:

congrats, nike. you finally did it. the ugliest kit of all time.

:staredog: That is a blue abomination.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Thirteenth Step posted:

Has this been posted yet

yes

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

it's Nike's job to be really "out there" and "edgy" and such, it's the clubs jobs to not agree to these loving things.

or to not sign away their right to veto this type of bullshit.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Christ, those kits are far from the ugliest sporting shirts of all time.

A gem from Reebok

You can't really see it in the picture, but it says "SCHWEPPES" along the side on the sleeves.

And one of Adidas' finest hours.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

St. Mirren bringing the 90's back.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Celtic away from earlier confirmed as 'not a goalkeeper's kit':

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Semprini posted:

Celtic away from earlier confirmed as 'not a goalkeeper's kit':

Jesus...give the tattoo artists a go next year

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
So whats the grey hooped one gonna be?

loving lol at the St Mirren shirts, sponsored by fila? Really?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

So whats the grey hooped one gonna be?

International Away (3rd) or whatever they called it last year I'd imagine, three games and a photoshoot and then retired for next years.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
saw this too from the same place that was showing the arsenal away. fake? training? third that becomes favoured over the away kit loike utd that time with the grey kit???

guessing fake from the crest :/

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Looks pretty good tbh but white and blue...come on.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
lmao didnt think of that

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Soup and a Sandwich posted:

saw this too from the same place that was showing the arsenal away. fake? training? third that becomes favoured over the away kit loike utd that time with the grey kit???

Clearly this means we are signing an American.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Looks like a PSG kit.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

wicka posted:

Clearly this means we are signing an American.

I want to see one of these American owners try to assemble Team America of passable EPL players like Brad Friedel and Clint Dempsey.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Replace the badge and sponsor and that'd be a sexy lil Spurs kit.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

well that's actually going to be the crest/badge for next season (125th anniversary)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sanskrit Scat posted:

well that's actually going to be the crest/badge for next season (125th anniversary)

on the (officially announced) home and (heavily rumored, probably legit) away it's done single-color. That shirt might be a training top, but that'd be about it.