Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum

mid posted:

I was at the show as well. It did seem like Hardwick was relying heavily on the sex jokes and latching onto nerd references, but he was still pretty funny. The blue part was pretty out of character though.

I was a little disappointed with the guests for the shows. Maybe it's just me but Rob Cantrell seemed to really phone everything in. Myq Kaplan was amazing for the interruption though.

I thought Hardwick seemed like his usual self. He isn't dirty usually? I've only listened to a few Nerdist episodes. The Kevin Smith Nerdist episode got filthy, quick (if I remember correctly).

This DLM probably got as filthy as ever for Doug's show, and it was all his fault -- not because of Hardwick, or Amy Schumer's dirty mouth. I love her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

SpacePig posted:

And for some reason, every time he pulls away from the mic and yells something, I just lose it. Every. Time.

That and the 'ooooh Jesus' is something I can't not laugh at.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

-Atom- posted:

That and the 'ooooh Jesus' is something I can't not laugh at.

I honestly say that all the time now. I think there's something wrong with me.

Also, around the time I started listening, he was taking suggestions for a catchphrase. Why he doesn't think "Oooh, Jeshush" isn't one, I'll never know.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
The answer from Bill himself is that he is recording later this week, and he thanks you in advance for not sending cunty tweets on this matter. Relistening to the episode he did with Robert Kelly and Joe DeRosa and it's still loving greatness. Joe is so goddamn sensitive and he takes the bait every time. It's almost like that great Uninformed show they used to do for O&A, where Bill's ability to make DeRosa butthurt was nothing short of astonishing

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It would never even occur to me to send a host cunty emails or tweets because they didn't release a free podcast on schedule, unless of course someone told me not to.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
Good god, the "Who Said It?" theme kills me every single time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Splitting 8 days between CBB with PFT and Richter is some sort of torture :(

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

substitute posted:

I thought Hardwick seemed like his usual self. He isn't dirty usually? I've only listened to a few Nerdist episodes. The Kevin Smith Nerdist episode got filthy, quick (if I remember correctly).

VADER PUSSY VADER PUSSY VADER PUSSY VADER PUSSY HAHAHAHAHA *SNORT*

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Vertigus posted:

VADER PUSSY VADER PUSSY VADER PUSSY VADER PUSSY HAHAHAHAHA *SNORT*

What a terrible episode.

In UYD news: Seth talking about Chris Hensen's former glories; still gold.

Manos99
Mar 17, 2009
Anyone else think Andy Richter is a hidden gem on CBB/CDR? He's incredibly game for all sorts of stupidity, isn't afraid to talk poo poo about people, and continually gives Scott a hard time.

Maybe I just respect that he's so candid and self-deprecating, but his episodes are some of my favorite.

And I echo the "Who Said It" theme being the very best.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Manos99 posted:

It never fails to piss off the guest.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
That's exactly right about Andy Richter. He's got a great combination of honesty and goofiness.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

Manos99 posted:

Anyone else think Andy Richter is a hidden gem on CBB/CDR? He's incredibly game for all sorts of stupidity, isn't afraid to talk poo poo about people, and continually gives Scott a hard time.

Maybe I just respect that he's so candid and self-deprecating, but his episodes are some of my favorite.

Refreshing my phones podcast thingy and seeing Richter and PFT on the new episode was a pretty joyous moment. He's always great and I'm looking forward to another hour with him next week.

And Andy freaking out on Scott about the time consuming theme songs was great :) When I first started listening to CDR I wasn't sure if I just wasn't in on the in-jokes (i.e. Scott telling people to shut the gently caress up during the theme songs, the importance of plugs) or they were just terrible jokes and now that I know it's both, I enjoy it immensely.

As an aside, I'm kinda half-watching The Informant! now and there are crazy cameos in this movie. Andy Daly, Patton Oswalt, Buster from Arrested Development, Hornberger from 30 Rock, as I am typing this Paul F. Tompkins just asked Matt Damon a question, and like 3 other dudes that I recognize but don't know by name. I may have to rewatch this when I'm able to pay more attention.

E.T. NO HOMO fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 25, 2011

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

caveman thug poo poo posted:

The Informant!

There are lots of cameos but they don't seem to serve much of a purpose. I felt indifferent to their appearances. The movie is already kind of boring despite how interesting the source material is.

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.

Kodo posted:

There are lots of cameos but they don't seem to serve much of a purpose. I felt indifferent to their appearances. The movie is already kind of boring despite how interesting the source material is.

I think it was PFT who described it as a movie full of funny people not being funny.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Wise Old Shitashi posted:

Good god, the "Who Said It?" theme kills me every single time.
I like Andy Richter's reaction to it.

"You have the gall to accuse other people of wasting airtime!"

The Nerdist with Patton Oswalt reminds me of why he's my favorite stand-up comedian. He knows everything and everyone in comedy and has a wealth of very informed, very interesting thoughts and opinions on the field. Also that show kinda makes me want to play DnD with them and Posehn.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Strange Matter posted:

I like Andy Richter's reaction to it.

"You have the gall to accuse other people of wasting airtime!"

The Nerdist with Patton Oswalt reminds me of why he's my favorite stand-up comedian. He knows everything and everyone in comedy and has a wealth of very informed, very interesting thoughts and opinions on the field. Also that show kinda makes me want to play DnD with them and Posehn.

It also shows that the podcast benefits when the two bullshit sidekicks aren't given a mic.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Jonathan Lipnicki will be on Doug Loves Movies this week. The little kid from Jerry McGuire. He's in his 20s now.

He's no Lithgow, but it's great when Doug gets people that aren't just his friends for the show.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Boy, do I love Bill Burr. He was sick this week, and still managed to make me laugh like an idiot for about an hour. The rant at the end of this week's episode was absolutely hilarious. I never really care what he's talking about, but his ranting is just the best.

Also, I am now officially a fan of MBMBAM. The three of them have a great back-and-forth, and I love the little tangents they can go on while completely forgetting the topic at hand. I'm really glad I found this thread, because now I have something to do during lunch most days.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Fozzie Bear and Marc Maron
via http://www.skottiescott.com/2011/05/skottie-fozzie-bear.html

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I am listening to the tail end of Maron's two part interview with Louis CK. Holy poo poo its uncomfortably personal. It makes me appreciate both of them even more.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

benito posted:

Fozzie Bear and Marc Maron
via http://www.skottiescott.com/2011/05/skottie-fozzie-bear.html

I'm glad someone else thinks this way.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
That's awesome, but it's missing the most common WTF phrase: "You and I have had some problems in the past."

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
When I first saw the comic, I got excited because I thought they had done an actual episode with Fozzie in character as a troubled comedian from the 70s and 80s.

wafflesnsegways posted:

That's awesome, but it's missing the most common WTF phrase: "You and I have had some problems in the past."

Actually, it's implied with the final line about them being OK now. Anyway, if you read the link Marc Maron loves it and they're selling prints with funds going to Joplin, MO.

SlaveToTheGrinds
Apr 3, 2010
God that's great. I'm glad Maron has a sense of humor and offered to buy the picture. He can be tedious but listen to his interview with Sally Wade, George Carlin's wife for his last few years..deep and just bare as hell. Sheds a lot of light on what a guy Carlin was.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

benito posted:

When I first saw the comic, I got excited because I thought they had done an actual episode with Fozzie in character as a troubled comedian from the 70s and 80s.

Actually, it's implied with the final line about them being OK now. Anyway, if you read the link Marc Maron loves it and they're selling prints with funds going to Joplin, MO.

Yea as much as I dislike the dude as like, an interviewer and a comedian, he's a pretty cool dude and seems to be able to laugh at himself, nice to know he digs that because it is a pretty hilarious image.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I had expressed my dislike of Maron and his podcast in the past, but he gets really good guests so I keep going back. I've gotten used to him now and he doesn't annoy me nearly as much as he did when I first listened to him.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

NotWearingPants posted:

I had expressed my dislike of Maron and his podcast in the past, but he gets really good guests so I keep going back. I've gotten used to him now and he doesn't annoy me nearly as much as he did when I first listened to him.

I've enjoyed the show since the start, but I'll agree that it's a lot easier to listen to now. Early on he was really angry about getting fired from Air America and was prone to long fits of self-loathing. (His comedy CDs are similar--at times you just start feeling awkward when he's on the verge of tears about his divorce or something.) Now the guy's getting some respect and some success and he's (in comparison) a lot more upbeat. It's like those moments in Achewood when something good happens to Roast Beef and you see a little smile on his face.

I like that he's still exploring darker topics like George Carlin's widow, but he seems to be getting his life together.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I just heard about this!

quote:

The mysterious Project Tippy Toe Earwolf show has some details now. Earwolf's co-founder, Jeff Ullrich, announced on today's Wolf Den episode the network's plan to launch a competition reality podcast that will follow a group of ten amateur comedy podcasts over ten weeks of competitions and judging.

http://www.ploplist.com/blog/2011/5/5/project-tippy-toe-earwolf-to-launch-reality-podcast-this-fal.html

Pretty sure my podcast wouldn't last long but its interesting.

Huh, looks like the cut off may have been April....

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

King Lou posted:

Pretty sure my podcast wouldn't last long but its interesting.

Huh, looks like the cut off may have been April....

I remember hearing about it way back when - I guess you missed the submit date? Too bad, you do good work.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
Today's WTF (in Australia) is pretty good.

Also... http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lknpi30MtM1qze2tmo1_250.gif

edit: Who Charted? (w/ Warren Fitzgerald, from yesterday) is pretty good too.

substitute fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 26, 2011

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

SKULE123 posted:

I remember hearing about it way back when - I guess you missed the submit date? Too bad, you do good work.

Thanks!

I don't know where I could have heard about it. I don't really read the Earwolf blog. I submitted late anyway.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I posted in here about that back when Scott announced it on Twitter. Maybe that's what you're thinking of.

I really hope you get in, Lou. I loved your Tea Party stuff, and the My Little Pony episode you did made the word "pony" lose all meaning to my ear. I'm slowly working my way through more of your backlog. Keep it up!

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Next episode is bouncing now. I promise it is horrible...

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
Larry Flynt on Adam Corolla. It's like listening to Jabba the Hut being interviewed, with explicit discussion of his pump up boner.

edit: and much gurgling. oh, the gurgling.

Civil fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 26, 2011

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Finally got around to checking out MBMBAM and I love it. It took about half an episode for me to really get in to it but once I heard "SPAGHEDDITON!!" I was hooked

moleman
Apr 26, 2003

Now the time has come to gather our forces and run.

Civil posted:

Larry Flynt on Adam Corolla. It's like listening to Jabba the Hut being interviewed, with explicit discussion of his pump up boner.

edit: and much gurgling. oh, the gurgling.

I loved it. Especially when he just bailed an hour in. "I gotta go guhrrgle"

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Is there any particular MBMBAM episode people would recommend for new listeners? I tried to listen to an episode once and it didn't really grab me.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mogambo posted:

Is there any particular MBMBAM episode people would recommend for new listeners? I tried to listen to an episode once and it didn't really grab me.

BRAMBLEPELT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Mogambo posted:

Spaghettagedon roped me in pretty well.

• Locked thread