Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ka0 posted:

Saw this and I had to have it. BBTS is taking preorders but drat they are not cheap. At least right up there with the Sci-Fi revoltechs.

SOLD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Looks like Hot Toys Superman is going to be $210. That Fortress of Solitude base really jacked up his price.

And for the same price as the normal one you can get a version with the giant hunk of Kryptonite on a chain, which makes me hopeful for a Gene Hackman Lex Luthor in his yellow-trim suit with ascot (because the Mattel one looks like poo poo).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

Looks like Hot Toys Superman is going to be $210. That Fortress of Solitude base really jacked up his price.

And for the same price as the normal one you can get a version with the giant hunk of Kryptonite on a chain, which makes me hopeful for a Gene Hackman Lex Luthor in his yellow-trim suit with ascot (because the Mattel one looks like poo poo).

poo poo poo poo poo poo. I NEED that poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
God dammit...

I really really really really really want the Reeve Superman, but I made my budget around the 150 to 180~ mark cause that's what the figures tend to go for when they aren't super complex (pardon the pun).

Crap, I wish they offered him without the base.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

God dammit...

I really really really really really want the Reeve Superman, but I made my budget around the 150 to 180~ mark cause that's what the figures tend to go for when they aren't super complex (pardon the pun).

Crap, I wish they offered him without the base.

Well I put half the money away today. I absolutely have to have it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
BBTS has him for a little cheaper if you don't want the necklace. 195$

CSC has him for about 20$ cheaper, but that doesn't include the shipping (same non necklaced one). 185$ I think.

I think I am going to just bust a fuckit and go with the sideshow exclusive. The flex pay will make it easier to actually pay for him, and the necklace is pretty cool.

edit - Completely stumped why he isn't coming with flexible hands and a crystal console though, that seems like it would be a no brainer. Even the hasbro one had the console.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

edit - Completely stumped why he isn't coming with flexible hands and a crystal console though, that seems like it would be a no brainer. Even the hasbro one had the console.

Yeah, I'm still pre-ordering this one, but I can't help but have the feeling we may see a "Deluxe" figure like how they did with the TDK Cop/Grenade suit Joker, and they make a deluxe Superman, where we get an alternate Clark head, business suit, moveable eyes, and a ton of other stuff that wasn't in the original release.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Jace Madan posted:

Yeah, I'm still pre-ordering this one, but I can't help but have the feeling we may see a "Deluxe" figure like how they did with the TDK Cop/Grenade suit Joker, and they make a deluxe Superman, where we get an alternate Clark head, business suit, moveable eyes, and a ton of other stuff that wasn't in the original release.

That's only happening if this one sells as well as the TDK Joker did, but I'm certain that it's a possibility.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For the price point, I hope the reeve foundation is raking in the cash. It's a great worthwhile charity.

That being said, I hope the next release takes an idea from the RE line and has the light up eyes like that one guy... Wesker I think?

The problem with Superman as a character, is that he doesn't have all the cool stuff/toys that the other guys have. Green Lantern has his ring, so we might see ring constructs or something. Batman has lots of wonderful toys. Superman is a guy in a spandex suit that lets criminals smack him in the head with a crowbar cause he just doesn't give a gently caress. Even with that, we still have a huge list of poo poo you could include with him.

Crystal console, Jor El crystal mask, green and clear crystals in diff shapes, Daily Planet globe base, bent crowbar, white cat and tree branch, alternate pissed off supes head and rocket engine, ice body thing from lex's lair where he sprayed supes with cold stuff, clark head with glasses, business suit, fedora, tiny bullet from muggers pistol, deluxe "lifting bus" diorama, half superman suit/half pants and boots from the falling/changing scene, flagpole from the white house, crystal booth that depowers/powers, alternate "being turned human anatomy" head, etc.

TONS of stuff they could have used from the movies, but yet we got a kinda fugly base and the necklace.

Least the necklace looks cool.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Hail to the king baby!

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 27, 2011

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Who is the figure standing with Duke?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Catra from MOTU Classics.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Finally scored a Hawkeye but oh my!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Guess I should have bought that Deadpool/Taskmaster 2 pack last week. Someone came through our ghetto Walmart and bought every one. Left all the Wolverine/Silver Samurai packs though.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Jet Ready Go posted:

I picked up an extra Deadpool x Taskmaster MU Two-Pack today if anyone is interested.

Will sell at-cost to the goon who wants it.

17.49$ + Tax/Shipping/Paypal Fees which comes to about $26.50 shipped priority mail if you let me open the toys and shove them in a smaller box.

This is still up for grabs!

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ka0 posted:

I assume that's the Revoltech Queen? God drat she looks nice. Stop making me want things I can't afford :(

Speaking of which, Four Horsemen have finally put up pre-orders for the long awaited, oft delayed Scarabus figure (Over at their store with the terrible layout). They actually may have had these up for a while, I just only realized it today.

You may remember Scarabus when he was touted as the companion piece to the three little Time Keepers and would be "COMING SOON" when they released back in 2008. Apparently he'll even come with new armor pieces for the Time Keepers, so you can look forward to having some new stuff fall off of them as they refuse to both stand up and remain in one piece.

In typical FH fashion, there's a whopping 12 variations of Scarabus available (the two three packs, a ten pack with the above six plus four others, and the black/white two pack), for the obsessive/compulsive toy collector who really enjoys pissing their money away on color variants and slightly different masks.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I saw those 1/4 scale Predators from Neca at my local store, $80... they were so loving insane, I will be picking one up soon and I'll have pics next week.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
After nearly a year and a half I finally defeated box inertia and took these two out for a shoot:

Group shot:

Kaiyodo could easily get away with a Fire Valkyrie or Queadluun Rau armor. Or a commander-pod for the Zentradi.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jet Ready Go posted:

This is still up for grabs!

I would but they were like 14.96 at my Walmart, I'll wait for the next round :)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
DCUC wave 19 revealed:

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/05/31/mtv-geek-exclusive-first-look-dc-universe-classics-wave-19/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I was all "HELL YEAH" until I got to Magog.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
If Magog is the price of Naga and Sandman, I shall gladly pay it!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Wesley Dodds is my all-time favorite superhero and I am a very, very happy man. That wave is awesome, DCUC is awesome. Bravo, people-who-choose-lineups-for-DCUC, whoever the hell you are. It can't be easy to argue for JSA members with Green Lantern and Batman movies coming out, and I appreciate the effort.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

Wesley Dodds is my all-time favorite superhero and I am a very, very happy man. That wave is awesome, DCUC is awesome. Bravo, people-who-choose-lineups-for-DCUC, whoever the hell you are. It can't be easy to argue for JSA members with Green Lantern and Batman movies coming out, and I appreciate the effort.

Well GL is covered by GL Classics and Batman always gets his own toy line for eveyr movie. Hell I'm surprised there isn't a Batman subline of Classics by now considering that's where this all started.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think they are bringing back the Batman sub line but its mostly all repaints.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The recycling of Stel's pieces for STRIPE is somewhat disappointing. It's one thing when you recycle from your humanoid BAFs, at least they're going to always have the same general body types. I also don't understand the inclusion of Hawkman, as aside from a slightly different mask he appears to be the exact same as the Hawkman we already have. Maybe the variant will be a Modern Hawkman, which would be nice.

Stargirl and Sandman make me super happy.

Rhyno posted:

Well GL is covered by GL Classics and Batman always gets his own toy line for eveyr movie. Hell I'm surprised there isn't a Batman subline of Classics by now considering that's where this all started.

GL Classics was cancelled an subsumed into the main line. What would have been wave 3 for that became wave 17 for the main line (the one with all the deputy lanterns and the Anti-Monitor).

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

Sanschel posted:

The recycling of Stel's pieces for STRIPE is somewhat disappointing. It's one thing when you recycle from your humanoid BAFs, at least they're going to always have the same general body types. I also don't understand the inclusion of Hawkman, as aside from a slightly different mask he appears to be the exact same as the Hawkman we already have. Maybe the variant will be a Modern Hawkman, which would be nice.

Stargirl and Sandman make me super happy.

GL Classics was cancelled an subsumed into the main line. What would have been wave 3 for that became wave 17 for the main line (the one with all the deputy lanterns and the Anti-Monitor).

Really only the arms and maybe the upper body are recycled. The legs are new molds as well as the waist and head.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I'm a huge Wesley Dodds fan too, but I'm still hoping the variant is in his muted Sandman Mystery Theatre colors (brown suit/olive drab cape?) and the old fashioned-looking gas mask with an elongated "snout." I'd much rather have that version.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm a huge Wesley Dodds fan too, but I'm still hoping the variant is in his muted Sandman Mystery Theatre colors (brown suit/olive drab cape?) and the old fashioned-looking gas mask with an elongated "snout." I'd much rather have that version.

I would buy both versions and would love both versions but the Vertigo version had a figure already and that was shoddily repainted into the Golden Age version. It's the yellow and blue mask's time to shine.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

I would buy both versions and would love both versions but the Vertigo version had a figure already and that was shoddily repainted into the Golden Age version. It's the yellow and blue mask's time to shine.

That was from DC Direct's very first wave from 1998, and the pudgy figure looks like my great-uncle Seymour. I think the Four Horsemen could easily whip up a nice, simple repaint with two completely different sculpted gas masks without problems.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

That was from DC Direct's very first wave from 1998, and the pudgy figure looks like my great-uncle Seymour. I think the Four Horsemen could easily whip up a nice, simple repaint with two completely different sculpted gas masks without problems.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for it, I'm just glad that this time around the Golden Age version is the base figure, and the SMT version would be the remold.

Also, yeah that figure was pudgy, but...uh....isnt that what Vertigo Dodds is supposed to look like?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

WaynesWorldGirl posted:

Don't get me wrong I'm all for it, I'm just glad that this time around the Golden Age version is the base figure, and the SMT version would be the remold.

Also, yeah that figure was pudgy, but...uh....isnt that what Vertigo Dodds is supposed to look like?

I suppose, but it never looked like it belonged with any of the DC Direct figures that followed, including other JSA/Golden Agers or even other Vertigo characters. I had the figure for years, but traded it to a comic shop for store credit during a big collection purge, hoping for a nicer DCUC version some day soon.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

AlkalinePunk posted:

Really only the arms and maybe the upper body are recycled. The legs are new molds as well as the waist and head.

Check out this picture of Stel. Compare it to the STRIPE pic and you can see that the legs are the same, but with knew kneecaps and thigh guards. Nothing else aside from the bicep pieces appear to be reused.

It's not a huge deal, I guess it just kind of bugs me when you pay so much to get a BAF, and aside from Kalibak, Metallo, and Chemo, they all have recycled parts (and Metallo I almost don't count since he wasn't originally designed as a BAF).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I suppose, but it never looked like it belonged with any of the DC Direct figures that followed, including other JSA/Golden Agers or even other Vertigo characters. I had the figure for years, but traded it to a comic shop for store credit during a big collection purge, hoping for a nicer DCUC version some day soon.

And your deam came true!

Yeah, I've never owned any other DC Direct figure, so that was never an issue for me. I just liked Wes, with his easy-to-lose glasses and schitzo articulation.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

I'll ask here since this thread has made pretty good points about how much it hates Marvel Universe figures. Do all MU Spider-man figures suck? With the exception of the target exclusive 2-pack that came with a cool metallic Goblin, they all have poor articulation, terrible paintjobs and are just plain dull.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

There are some decently articulated ones in the Spiderman subline that have ball hips. But they haven't made like one good end all Spiderman.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Fish Of Doom posted:

There are some decently articulated ones in the Spiderman subline that have ball hips. But they haven't made like one good end all Spiderman.

Yeah and all the Spideys made SO FAR are comically under or over sized. I have one Spiderman (I think the first one released) whose body looks emaciated compared than any other MU figure, then I have the newest version (I think?) who is one of the tallest in my set.

- MU vs Spider-Man Comic Series

As much as I like MU, because I love the scale of the figures, it constantly feels like a battle of buying a new "repaint" (typically made from a mish-mash of previous figures) in order to replace the last model.

Case in point:

MU vs Wolverine Comic Series
(Note the comically out of scale Wolverine, who is the tallest on the team)

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 2, 2011

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Jet Ready Go posted:

See this is just what I meant. I bought the Spider-man Sentry 2pack, and literally the paintjob on his face is shocking. They just smeared ink all over his mug.
Perhaps the new Scarlet Spider will provide a good option sooner than not.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Ghost Rider's just gotta be different. Also, has anyone seen a Gladiator without a hosed up face? So far all the ones that I've seen have had messed up paint apps on the face. Makes him look like a loving California Raisin.