Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Naky posted:

Well, time to start the hype machine, I suppose.

Here is the database of every weapon in The Armory 2.0.

The numbers will change as the initial balancing is being done right now, but the content's finally finished. In the meantime, those of you who wanted to know what mods work with what weapon for v1.5, this list should help out somewhat.

Awwww, the Galil is the ARM version? :(

And hell yes, an FN FNC, I love that gun. Now to figure out what faction to give it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Naky posted:

Funny story about that, I can't get the stupid glowing to work reliably on my end, but I haven't gotten around to troubleshooting or tweaking it yet.

Looking forward to if/when you get to it; aside from the glow, the textures could use some work, and the damage they deal is unholy.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I found a tutorial on the new NV music engine, apparently this is not as easy as previous games to add music:

http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_New_Vegas_Music

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Sole.Sushi posted:

Looking forward to if/when you get to it; aside from the glow, the textures could use some work, and the damage they deal is unholy.

Really, I put it in the pack mostly because the author pulled it from Nexus and I know it was fairly popular in the thread here. I had the files lying around but previously decided against putting it in. Honestly though, I won't put a lot of time into it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

How would I go about taking Graham's armor and separating the bottom half so I could put it on a different outfit? I really like the pants and boots, but I'm not wild on the rest :(

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
You'll probably have to edit the model, then edit the armor's type somehow in GECK.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Oh. That might be a bit beyond my reach :downs:

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!
Beeb, what kind of an armor do you want? I can't cut models apart or anything but I've got a lot of custom meshes and a few of my own mashups and I could probably produce something to your liking.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I just want Graham's pants, belt, and boots :(

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

I just want Graham's pants, belt, and boots :(

Also interested in this; maybe connected to the unique ranger combat armor found in Honest Hearts. :v:

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
So McCarran started working as soon as I didn't have an active quest. It worked when I completed some using the console, but doing them normally didn't work, so I don't think it's related to any specific quest. Then again, maybe it's a coincidence and whatever I did at Camp Golf actually fixed things somehow.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
It's not really that hard to chop armour into bits with Blender, but yeah, splitting it up to be actual separate trousers and shirts is a bit hard. The easy way to do it would be to import another armour into Blender and combine the two.
1: Select bits in object mode and either delete wholesale or go into edit mode, control-drag to area select parts, hit delete.
2: Select the skeleton, import->nif->click parent to selected.
3: Repeat the step 1 for new bits. Some fiddling may be required, but just selecting a few things and playing with the movement arrows and scaling will probably be good enough.
4: Export using Fallout 3, Clothing, Cloth settings.
5: Tadaa. Ish.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I can split the mesh apart pretty easily if you need it done that badly.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

I'd love to have it done, but I'm sure you have things on your plate with the Armory and what not; if you have the time, great, otherwise it's just superflous.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I'll split it and give it to brainglitch to work with. He's the armorer dude.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!

Naky posted:

I'll split it and give it to brainglitch to work with. He's the armorer dude.

Speaking of which, loving type 3 mirror's edge god drat faith bitch. I'mma get it fixed yet.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21453599/jgrahamedited.7z

Inside are the raw object files that you could import into other armors along with edited nif files that contain the separated upper and lower parts of the mesh with the texture data already applied (but the old one pieced mesh is STILL in the file - you will need to delete it eventually).

I leave it to everyone else to figure out how to get it to work properly or with other armors, etc.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

So what's the current favoured overhaul? I used to like FWE with WMK for FO3, anything simular for NV? and is there a collection of some of the awesome weapon reskins from this thread?

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Pound_Coin posted:

So what's the current favoured overhaul? I used to like FWE with WMK for FO3, anything simular for NV? and is there a collection of some of the awesome weapon reskins from this thread?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38285

It's in the first post as well :P

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Pound_Coin posted:

I was just gonna be a smartass and point you to the giant OP, but... gently caress it. Feel like :spergin: bout some mods.

XFO
Reactive People
Imp's HUD Extended/Timescale Adjuster/Ambient Temperature/More Complex Needs
DarNified UI
Unified HUD Project
Nevada Skies-URWLified
Electro-City/Dynavision/Imaginator
Arenovalis Texture Replacement
The Armory + WAR - Weapon Animation Replacement

If you're looking for gameplay overhauls, XFO is probably your best bet. It makes changes to nearly everything, from combat to pacing and skills to economy and item rarity. Best of all, it's extremely modular. Just use what you want and ignore the rest. Stealth overhaul seems like little more than a WIP at the moment unfortunately, but Reactive People could fill that void for you.

Imp's Timescale Adjuster is what I use for (surprise) timescale tweaking. Very simple to use and includes options to tweak hunger/thirst/sleep rates, including auto-scale. The same author also made the really sweet HUD Extended. It's best used with DarnUI and Unified HUD Project, the former changing the font and many menus to a more PC monitor-friendly state and the latter simplifying installation and compatibility among them - and several other mods that add optional HUD elements - greatly. His Ambient Temperature mod is needed for HUD Extended as well, I believe. You can also check out his More Complex Needs mod if you're really loving serious about survival-based gameplay and thought Hardcore just wasn't hardcore enough. It's far too unnecessarily complicated for me personally, but it seems to be pretty popular. Here's Imp's Nexus page.

Nevada Skies-URWLified + Electro-City/Dynavision/Imaginator is my preferred weather/lighting overhaul combo. They work well together with the right load order and go a long way with sprucing up the visuals. NS-URWLified is for weather effects, including rain, sandstorms, snow, and a bunch of goofy "themes" you'll probably never use but hey they're there; Electro-City adds new lore-friendly lighting stuff like lampposts all across the wasteland (get the discreet signs add-on if you you're annoyed by all the giant masturbatory Electro-City signs everywhere); Dynavision adds a nice pseudo-dynamic depth of field effect for a surprisingly small performance hit; Imaginator is a very deep tool set that adds options for motion blur and allows you to extensively tweak lighting emissions, contrast, and overall coloring to your specific tastes through an in-game options menu and hotkeys.

Arenovalis' Weapon Retexture Project is by far the best texture replacement pack out there. Covers almost 30 of the vanilla weapons so far with top-notch retextures and is being updated constantly. If you're looking for a poo poo-ton of new guns to add on top, The Armory - an insanely loaded weapon pack that emerged from this very thread thanks in large part to Naky and Anime Schoolgirl - is an excellent option. Keep in mind that will you need WAR - Weapon Animation Replacement to get some guns to animate correctly.

All of those combined amounts to pretty much the perfect overhaul for me. There's a handful of other smaller mods I like to use to round things out (nightvision, bullet time, invisible wall remover, Tailor Maid for post-apocalyptic dolly dress-up time, assorted single weapon mods), but that covers the broad strokes. With the right load order it's all very stable. I haven't had a single crash in roughly 15 hours of game time.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
never mind this I hosed something up

The1DevoidoName
Dec 3, 2004
A blackgaurd whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be.

Horns posted:

MODS!

I'd also add Ojo Bueno, a series of texture packs that add some beautiful life into a tired wasteland.

Look what he did with just the shack!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The1DevoidoName fucked around with this message at 12:34 on May 26, 2011

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, that guy does some quality work. Fairly obsessive too, it seems like he's already going back and revising earlier texture packs of his that have only been out for a few months.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42023

Released the Survivalist's Rifle :q:

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Just keep in mind when using high res textures that moderation is key to happiness. Ojo Bueno is great because he mostly textures stuff that appears sparsely and not concentrated in one area, but the prospector saloon pack definitely tested the limits of my rig when entering the area. It's important when using textures to find a happy balance. This doesn't apply to stuff like Arenovalis' textures, which despite looking amazing are actually more reasonably sized than a bunch of other texture packs that look a lot worse.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

SheepNameKiller posted:

Just keep in mind when using high res textures that moderation is key to happiness. Ojo Bueno is great because he mostly textures stuff that appears sparsely and not concentrated in one area, but the prospector saloon pack definitely tested the limits of my rig when entering the area. It's important when using textures to find a happy balance. This doesn't apply to stuff like Arenovalis' textures, which despite looking amazing are actually more reasonably sized than a bunch of other texture packs that look a lot worse.

And you only see the first person weapon once, so even if it was a really ridiculous resolution the impact would be smaller than environment textures, for instance.

Jaramr
Dec 16, 2010

Arenovalis posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42023

Released the Survivalist's Rifle :q:

As this is the most Canadian of rifles, I salute you :canada:

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
I just got my new computer setup, NV installed, and about 7 million mods downloaded. I think I've got just about all the bases covered, but I have a couple questions.

Is the Community Bugfix Compilation Patch a must have? It seems to fix/change a lot of things, but I'm not sure if for the better. What is everyone here's opinion of it?

Also, I need one or two mod recommendations: I hate having to shoot a normal guy 20 times to kill him. I like gun fights to feel dangerous and short lived. Are there any good mod that makes the games combat more blunt/dangerous/fps-like? Also are there any decent blood texture mods or rag doll physics mods? Lastly, I hate how NV deals with faction rep. Is there a mod to balance that whole rep system and make it so it's somewhat logical?

Gumball Dad fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 26, 2011

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Gumball Dad posted:

Is the Community Bugfix Compilation Patch a must have? It seems to fix/change a lot of things, but I'm not sure if for the better. What is everyone here's opinion of it?

For what it's worth, I'm only running the latest patch + some overhaul mods (a few from XFO, also FOOK and such) and haven't noticed any bugs or anything gamebreaking. I've never tried the compilation patch though so I have nothing to compare it to.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Gumball Dad posted:

Do not use it. The fact that it is not updated after every patch and indeed has not been updated to reflect the changes of the most current one means that you will be overriding many of the changes made in the most recent official patch if you install it.

Unlike other Bethesda games, the community patch in NV has always been behind the curve and kind of lovely.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

SheepNameKiller posted:

Do not use it. The fact that it is not updated after every patch and indeed has not been updated to reflect the changes of the most current one means that you will be overriding many of the changes made in the most recent official patch if you install it.

Unlike other Bethesda games, the community patch in NV has always been behind the curve and kind of lovely.

Thanks for reminding me, actually. I'm pulling it off of the OP.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Sure thing. Also, Gumball Dad, the answers to many of your other mod questions can be found in the OP as well. Cream-of-Plenty does a great job keeping it up to date.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
Would it be safe to remove the community patch now that I'm about 50% through a game, or would that mess stuff up?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

It would probably be fine. I'm actually surprised you made it that far with that patch, I couldn't get near New Vegas with that thing in.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
You should be relatively okay, I would imagine.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Periodiko posted:

Would it be safe to remove the community patch now that I'm about 50% through a game, or would that mess stuff up?

Walk into an enclosed, non outdoor space before you remove it just to be sure you aren't screwing with anything in the general vicinity of your character, and if you want to be really safe wait in-game for 3 days for the world to repop before you leave the building. You should be fine though, and the above is just a "best practice" for removing large mods more than anything else.

Gumball Dad
Apr 9, 2007

Wanna meet that dad
When installing mods, is it best to just use the FOMM package manager to handle all the 7zip files from the Nexus? Like, do I just click on 'open FOMOD' in the package editor and select each rar'ed mod I downloaded?

Gumball Dad fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 26, 2011

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Gumball Dad posted:

When installing mods, is it best to just use the FOMM package manager to handle all the 7zip files from the Nexus? Like, do I just click on 'open FOMOD' in the package editor and select each rar'ed mod I downloaded?

I just open the Package Manager, click Add FOMOD and then point it to your RARs. Unless specific instructions are found in the readme, it'll work pretty much all the time. I even do it for ESP-only mods just because it makes it easy to sort everything out. It even handles multi-part RARs for some mods.

Some mods also have separate data and content RARs, I just create separate FOMODs and install them one after the other. Once you're done installing you can let BOSS run from the menu to sort out the order.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Question: When using Western skies, is it safe to use electro-city? Or should I just go with another sky/weather overhaul? I haven't installed any mods quite yet, just getting ready to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

As Nero Danced posted:

Question: When using Western skies, is it safe to use electro-city? Or should I just go with another sky/weather overhaul? I haven't installed any mods quite yet, just getting ready to.

Electro-City shouldn't conflict with weather mods, it only adds lighting nodes to the game and doesn't touch imagespace modifiers or weather effects.