Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

rotinaj posted:

Luther had a cool look. And that segment with Brock and some woman whose name escapes me where he was demanding food from the Thanksgiving spread was funny.

Big Show, not Lesnar, if I remember correctly.

Yep. Show and Joy, his short-lived onscreen girlfriend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbs7YxTM3eQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

"We got a bunch of useless divas from the Diva Search! Quick, make them girlfriends and assistants and other useless roles!"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

That was pretty funny.

Having just re-watched most of the 05 Rumble up to that point, it is a little embarrassing to see how huge people backstage apparently thought Snitsky could be. I got it mixed up, he came in first, beat up a couple of guys, then causes Paul London to do a clothesline-fueled SSP from the apron. Then he has a little stare-down with John Cena, and even manages to avoid a FU, and then Big Boots Cena in the face to stand tall while the clock runs down for Kane's entrance.

The reason why some of Snitsky's finisher on Kane was missed wasn't for a new entrance, it was to see how London's lifeless body was stretchered out. So I got that wrong.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

I thought they always refered to her as 'close personal friend'? Mainly due to the fact he was on WWE Confidential's version of Cribs and his wife was with him the whole time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Since Tattoos came up in the WWE thread, does WWE have to do anything about Punk's giant Pepsi tattoo?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Endorph posted:

Since Tattoos came up in the WWE thread, does WWE have to do anything about Punk's giant Pepsi tattoo?

Yes. It and the Cobra logo (what with Hasbro not exactly being on friendly terms with Mattel) are edited out on all promotional pics, posters, video game appearances, action figures, etc. Even as far back as his ECWWE days:

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Someone mentioned it on the last page which got me curious. What was the deal with Create-a-wrestler in Chikara? How did it work? How often did he change? Who decided he should change? etc.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
From memory, he started as Create-A-Wrestler and, after a competition for the fans to "create a wrestler" he was Moo-hammed the Communist Bovine, followed by Ultimo Breakfast and lastly Dasher Hatfield (with roughly one year gaps between)

Moo-hammed

Ultimo Breakfast

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Is that the same Moo-hammed character from ISW?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MosCow.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HulkaMatt posted:

MosCow.

Was he also USApe, or was that someone else?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

Why don't they just show the regular entrance in full screen, and a smaller, picture-in-picture of the wrestling ring until the Superstar gets to the ring?

Personally I prefer seeing the wrestlers come down to the ring / dance around / interact with ringside fans in full screen over the same titantron every week.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember a lot of people being pissed that they chose Moscow since there were a ton of REALLY funny entries that were posted on ChikaraFans that were passed up for...that. And they weren't even expensive or raunchy.

It was even worse when they went with Ultimo Breakfast. Yeesh.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

CombineThresher posted:

Was he also USApe, or was that someone else?

Different guy. They actually had a match at International Invader in 07 I think.

Captain Charisma posted:

It was even worse when they went with Ultimo Breakfast. Yeesh.

I liked UB if only for the puns that came along with the character.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Different guy. They actually had a match at International Invader in 07 I think.

I liked UB if only for the puns that came along with the character.

That costume is rear end though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dasher Hatfield is pretty cool, though.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ultimo Breakfast's name didn't even make sense. It wasn't a pun on an existing Ultimo, and "Ultimate Breakfast" isn't exactly a term sweeping the nation or a Denny's dish or something

The best ever is Super-J Gatsby Robot of Doom

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Captain Charisma posted:

Ultimo Breakfast's name didn't even make sense. It wasn't a pun on an existing Ultimo, and "Ultimate Breakfast" isn't exactly a term sweeping the nation or a Denny's dish or something

I'm upset "Ya Bacon Me Crazy" never caught on.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Captain Charisma posted:

No, not the name itself, I'm talking about doing flapjacks and a fallaway slam called sunny side up and saying "He's toast" during his finisher. I'm easily amused when it comes to puns.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Flameingblack posted:

Why don't they just show the regular entrance in full screen, and a smaller, picture-in-picture of the wrestling ring until the Superstar gets to the ring?

They used to, in the 80s/early 90s. Check out the Royal Rumble mode of WWF WrestleFest on YouTube.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Captain Charisma posted:

No it's not.

I liked Ultimo Breakfast and his toaster mask, but why they didn't go with Buddhist Beefcake, I'll never know. That name still makes me laugh.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

My favourite was always ArmDragon, the wrestler with a dragon on his arm. It was basically CAW as himself while wearing a dragon hand puppet, and he had to do all his offence with that one arm.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

CombineThresher posted:

No it's not.

I liked Ultimo Breakfast and his toaster mask, but why they didn't go with Buddhist Beefcake, I'll never know. That name still makes me laugh.

Agreed. That's way, way better.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Captain Charisma posted:

I guess it could be kinda funny if he had twelve other guys dressed as breakfasts and they posed like the last supper.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

George Kaplan posted:

My favourite was always ArmDragon, the wrestler with a dragon on his arm. It was basically CAW as himself while wearing a dragon hand puppet, and he had to do all his offence with that one arm.

I'm losing it here.

Question: What the hell is Daniel Bryan's gimmick?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Dickeye posted:

I'm losing it here.

He's an amalgamation of Santino and Dean Malenko.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
OK now, for shits and gigs, pretend that those names mean nothing to me.

Because they don't.

(this post comes off dickish but I really don't know anybody outside of someone who's either consistently appearing now or just a Big loving Deal)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dickeye posted:

I'm losing it here.

Chris Benoit without Ruthless Aggression.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Dickeye posted:

Wrestling Nerd.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lone Rogue posted:

Chris Benoit without Ruthless Aggression.

So he kills his family but he's a nice guy?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dickeye posted:

So he kills his family but he's a nice guy?

He doesn't have a family to kill. He only has a dog and Benoit left the dog alone.

If Bryan ever gets a front tooth knocked out... uh oh.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lone Rogue posted:

He doesn't have a family to kill. He only has a dog and Benoit left the dog alone.

If Bryan ever gets a front tooth knocked out... uh oh.

I just found a picture of Asparagus wearing the WHC belt. Dog owns. Wanna pet that dog.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Lone Rogue posted:

He even put them in the enclosed pool area :3:

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Generic good guy with submission based offense. He used to have ladies man but they dropped that.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Bearded smiler.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
B-Show Evan Bourne without the SSP

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Web Jew.0 posted:

B-Show Evan Bourne without the SSP

Instead he'll just elbow you until your face falls off.

Seriously, someone link this guy the Morishima series (because I'm to lazy to look it up).

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Smackdown Superstar

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, what's the story on the Vader interview after losing his mask to Kane?

"I'm a big piece of poo poo. A fat piece of poo poo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

My wife's out of town, I have a half-gallon of whiskey, this is my only night off for the next three weeks and I want to watch some legendary wrestling from 1997 or later. What should I watch?

Edit: Oh, and 7-alarm wings. It has to go along with the most painful chicken wings in the greater Seattle area. Seriously. I'm basically eating pepper spray here.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 28, 2011