Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

SheepNameKiller posted:

Electro-City shouldn't conflict with weather mods, it only adds lighting nodes to the game and doesn't touch imagespace modifiers or weather effects.

OK, thanks a bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Anyone know what would be causing a random poisoning effect on my screen, as well as a sudden blue hue overlay? I got near the Grab 'n Gulp roadside stand and bam it's like I turned on some NVGs or ate some Cateye, everything was bluuuue.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone know what would be causing a random poisoning effect on my screen, as well as a sudden blue hue overlay? I got near the Grab 'n Gulp roadside stand and bam it's like I turned on some NVGs or ate some Cateye, everything was bluuuue.

Probably a buggy or conflicting mod that adds or modifies drug, cateye, radiation or health visuals. Permanent visuals are unfortunately fairly common side effects with these types of mods but they can usually be fixed by simply disabling the mod, saving, and reenabling it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I don't have anything that does that :( Here's the load order:

code:
[X] FalloutNV.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
[X] DeadMoney.esm
[X] HonestHearts.esm
[X] WME - Dead Money.esm
[X] IWS-Core.esm
[X] SCAV.esm
[X] VMods - Master.esm
[X] iHUD.esm
[X] GtabImprovedAmmoTFRMaster.esm
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esm
[X] Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
[X] WME - Arenovalis.esp
[X] WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
[X] WME - Dead Money.esp
[X] WME - that gun 44 mag.esp
[X] WMR_WME_A.esp
[X] Readius_NV.esp
[X] DarNifiedUINV.esp
[X] CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
[X] Existence2.0.esp
[X] Feng Shui NV.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Tech.esp
[X] Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp
[X] IDreamOfElectricSheep.esp
[X] FONV - Real Time Lockpicking and Hacking.esp
[X] Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
[X] BoilingOil - Eli's Edge.esp
[X] TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
[X] NWghostbodysuit.esp
[X] dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
[X] dD-More Gore.esp
[X] Glove_be_gone.esp
[X] Sunglasses Shipment.esp
[X] UrgeWasterScarf.esp
[X] KillableKids_E.esp
[X] NewVegasBounties.esp
[X] NewVegasBountiesII.esp
[X] Gunslinger.esp
[X] UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
[X] MySpearRecipe.esp
[X] w44Satchels - Full.esp
[X] dressup.esp
[X] VMods.esp
[X] noautoaim.esp
[X] KillingKarmaFix.esp
[X] Mossberg590.esp
[X] FN FAL.esp
[X] DWSigP226.esp
[X] AK47 with mods (Holosight).esp
[X] DWM4A1.esp
[X] 1911 - TESTBED.esp
[X] DanWessonPPC.esp
[X] Stampede.esp
[X] AW50f.esp
[X] 1 AKSU ( Standart SD).esp
[X] Mateba-Schofield.Revolver.esp
[X] hz_DeLisle.esp
[X] better that gun 44mag.esp
[X] that gun holdout.esp
[X] 45reloadanimation.esp
[X] UHNV.esp
[X] UHNV-Dead Money.esp
[X] Checkpointproject.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
[X] ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Guards.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Patrols.esp
[X] IWS-Core-Civilians.esp
[X] IWS-AS-HighSpawns.esp
[X] TFRAmmo.esp
[X] Nevada Skies.esp

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

By process of elimination, disable nevada skies and Electro-CIty and load the game and see if it's fixed. If it is, those mods are the culprits and maybe you don't have the most up to date versions.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
I actually started getting that really recently and it only started after I disabled Nevada Skies (the URWLified version). The only other mod I even have in common with Beeb is Darnified UI. :raise:

Edit: in my case it went away when loading saves or fast traveling so it was tough to try and conclusively pin it down to anything

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

SheepNameKiller posted:

Just keep in mind when using high res textures that moderation is key to happiness. Ojo Bueno is great because he mostly textures stuff that appears sparsely and not concentrated in one area, but the prospector saloon pack definitely tested the limits of my rig when entering the area. It's important when using textures to find a happy balance. This doesn't apply to stuff like Arenovalis' textures, which despite looking amazing are actually more reasonably sized than a bunch of other texture packs that look a lot worse.

From the last page, but I'll mention it because this just popped up on the nexus:
POCO BUENO Texture Pack
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42028

The lowest resolution versions of Ojo Bueno's stuff. Not modular, but made to upgrade your textures without needing a super elite high speed gaming platform of amazing.

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

Hobo on Fire posted:

From the last page, but I'll mention it because this just popped up on the nexus:
POCO BUENO Texture Pack

The lowest resolution versions of Ojo Bueno's stuff. Not modular, but made to upgrade your textures without needing a super elite high speed gaming platform of amazing.

Cool, thanks. I was checking out the Ojo Bueno page but didn't feel like sitting through 20 minutes of blaring advertisements to find out that my computer really, really can't handle 4096x4096 textures.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Hobo on Fire posted:

POCO BUENO Texture Pack

Came in here to comment on this, my game looks great and still runs well, love the slight changes he made.

Also wanna recommend the companion mod Willow. I assumed it was typical nexus crap at first, but it's actually very professional and well made. Her quest lines are fairly interesting, she reacts to a shitload of stuff, and doesn't seem to pander to creepy Internet folks, outfit aside. After buying some ammo, she asked me for caps and then had a scripted exchange with the vendor after me, which was impressive as hell. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41779

Edit: well turns out there is a romance plot line, but it seems to be optional.

I also saw a mod Dog City which tries to add a whole new city with quests, but I haven't gotten try it out yet.

Chinaman7000 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 27, 2011

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42039

Only gotta do the .45 SMG now and Honest Hearts guns are done.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

I also saw a mod Dog City which tries to add a whole new city with quests, but I haven't gotten try it out yet.

I just finished Dog City. It's one big 'quest' which involves lots of running up and down with keys. It's nowhere near a whole city. It's a linear one too. You can't get key X without key Y, etc.

I will admit that the modder tried hard: Lots of names from Van Buren are used:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Denver
And I think the modder has captured the general feel of it.

The actual place is mentioned by The King and Legate Lanius in vanilla New Vegas.

It's one of those "Once you start the quest you are stuck until the end" jobs. The railway Rifle is a glorified reskin, and not the one from FO3. The new weapons are A couple of new assault rifles and a power bat.

I guess it's nice enough, but don't expect anything amazing.

If anyone does try it when you land in the rocket, there is a briefcase next to you with all your weapons. it's hard to see because of all the brown crap. I didn't know and had to fight a guy with a riot shotgun unarmed

:goonsay:

Zenephant fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 27, 2011

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Co-sine posted:

I guess it's nice enough, but don't expect anything amazing.

That's decent enough. It sounds like something I would have tried to make if I had the energy and the modding knowledge, basically a hand made DLC experience like the Pitt or something. How are the voices? I think I saw that the mod was supposedly fully voiced.

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009

Capn Beeb posted:

If it isn't mod related, I believe followers in the Lucky 38 will drink/eat stuff in the vending machines and fridges, its possible one of them drank some Nuka-Cola Quartz, which has the effect of giving you the blue filter/overlay.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
New Vegas Redesigned appears dead, is there a good replacement? I'm sick of everyone being so drat ugly. Except me. I'm the handsomest man in the waste.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Chinaman7000 posted:

That's decent enough. It sounds like something I would have tried to make if I had the energy and the modding knowledge, basically a hand made DLC experience like the Pitt or something. How are the voices? I think I saw that the mod was supposedly fully voiced.

It's all one guy IIRC. It's not bad really-there isn't all that much dialogue. The end is a tad grating, as it can be one guy talking to you from three different characters. The writing isn't too hot, but it won't detract from the experience.

I say it's worth the download. If anything, it has some sense of atmosphere.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Arenovalis posted:

Yaaay this is worlds better than the standard texture :woop:

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

New Vegas Redesigned appears dead, is there a good replacement? I'm sick of everyone being so drat ugly. Except me. I'm the handsomest man in the waste.

http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/download...l-update-15.php

Telecharger = download

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

My New Vegas Redesigned issue still remains, I can't use it for some reason when using FO3/NV combined. Even though nothing it does should gently caress up, it prevents the main menu text from ever displaying if I enable the ESM. Doesn't seem to be locking up, but is there a crashdump somewhere I could look at or a conflict output?

Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough for the menu text to appear.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Isn't NV Redesigned still ridiculously bugged?

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Chronojam posted:

My New Vegas Redesigned issue still remains, I can't use it for some reason when using FO3/NV combined. Even though nothing it does should gently caress up, it prevents the main menu text from ever displaying if I enable the ESM. Doesn't seem to be locking up, but is there a crashdump somewhere I could look at or a conflict output?

Maybe I'm just not waiting long enough for the menu text to appear.

You'll want to open it up in NVEDit and rip out all the extra race bullshit in it, cutting it down to just the NPC alterations.

I'd upload a version that already did that, but I merged it into my main Merged plugin and threw away the original.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42048

-

Finished the Honest Hearts guns and updated my pack with 5 new textures.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38285

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Offkorn posted:

You'll want to open it up in NVEDit and rip out all the extra race bullshit in it, cutting it down to just the NPC alterations.

I'd upload a version that already did that, but I merged it into my main Merged plugin and threw away the original.

Okay, thanks! That's what my inclination was after seeing all those race copies, but my understanding of this engine is very limited and I didn't want to just make things worse. It simultaneously made perfect sense to remove them, and made zero sense that they'd cause a snag.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Saoshyant posted:

Isn't NV Redesigned still ridiculously bugged?

I haven't had any issues with it, other than a slight conflict with Ling's hairstyle pack. And that was easily solved by disabling NV Redesigned's extra ESP ("Lore version.esp").

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Stumbled upon a few decent mods:

Operation Fixed Terrain - Just fixes terrain errors, etc. take a look at the images to see what it does.

Simple Street Lights - A far better alternative to Electrocity that simple fixes the vanilla streetlights to work, or optionally activates a few new ones, but without any of the major terrain changes Electrocity does.

Arena Silencer - Removes the message spam after exiting the Legion Arena.

SPECIALer - For those of us who've played the game a million, trillion loving times, this lets you pick extra SPECIAL points, or less if you want, at the beginning. Good for people like me that always forget the console commands.

I'm sure these two mods have been brought up before, but I can't even play this game unless I have Better Headshots and Realistic Health (not New FPS) installed. It's nice when poo poo actually dies.

Swartz fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 28, 2011

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens
So I wasted half a day making A Load of Balls for some guy on the Bethsoft forums.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Talkie Toaster posted:

So I wasted half a day making A Load of Balls for some guy on the Bethsoft forums.

This actually looks really interesting. I just started up another melee/unarmed ONLY GRAH character, will probably be trying this out today.

Ace Oliveira
Dec 27, 2009

"I wonder if there is beer on the sun."

Talkie Toaster posted:

I thought it was going to be a mod that let you punch people in the dick. :(

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
I'm not sure why this is happening, but HH keeps crashing right after the opening cutscene. Is there a conflict with my load order?

code:
Active Mod Files:
00  FalloutNV.esm
01  DeadMoney.esm
02  HonestHearts.esm
03  ClassicPack.esm
04  MercenaryPack.esm
05  TribalPack.esm
06  CaravanPack.esm
07  Military Explansion Program.esm
08  rePopulated Wasteland.esm
09  Tales from the Burning Sands.esm  [Version 1.21d]
0A  AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
0B  Project Nevada - Core.esm
0C  ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
0D  ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
0E  Caliber.esm
0F  CFWNV.esm
10  FOOK - New Vegas.esm
11  FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
12  MoMod.esm  [Version 3]
13  Lings.esm
14  The.Armory.esm
++  headgearfix.esp
15  DarNifiedUINV.esp
16  CASM.esp
17  Purge Cell Buffers.esp
18  Readius_NV.esp
19  Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
1A  NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
1B  NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
1C  NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
1D  RustTownV1-1.esp
1E  UHNV.esp
1F  UHNV-Dead Money.esp
20  FOOK - New Vegas.esp
21  FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
++  FOOK - Lings.esp
22  CFWNV-FOOK.esp
23  Reload.esp
24  Rearm.esp
++  ReSort.esp
25  Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
26  Existence2.0.esp
27  CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
28  ExtendedNVRadio.esp
29  NewVegasBounties.esp
2A  NewVegasBountiesII.esp
2B  BetterGamePerformanceV4.esp
2C  ManualReload.esp
2D  AWOP-MoMod.esp
2E  Rustyhwys.esp
++  Better Binoculars High.esp
++  better that gun 223.esp
2F  Classic energy weapons.esp
30  FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
31  mac10.esp
32  Boacombat2glove.esp
33  BOAt51b.esp
34  Classic Midwestern Power Armor.esp
35  JRougeRangerCoats4Loot.esp
36  Tailor Maid - NV.esp  [Version 6]
37  TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
38  drgNV - Marcus Companion.esp  [Version 0.80.1]
39  SunnyCompanion.esp
3A  LFox Bottle That Water.esp
++  PipBoyLightx2.esp
3B  WeaponModsExpanded.esp
3C  WeaponModsExpanded_FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
3D  WMX-DeadMoney.esp
3E  WMX-HonestHearts.esp
++  WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
3F  WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
40  WMX-PreOrderPackMercenary.esp
41  Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp
42  ILO-RI-Original Lucky38 Suite.esp  [Version 5.2.5]
43  ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp  [Version 1.0]
44  CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
++  ReloadCalX3-1.esp
45  PipLantern.esp
46  mossberg500.esp
47  Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
++  unlocked armors v2_2.esp
48  MiscItemWeapons.esp
49  NAPA-NV 0.1.esp
4A  LegendaryHunter.esp
4B  WMX-FOOKNV CP.esp
++  WMX-FOOKNV-DLCs CP.esp
++  The.Armory.Realism.Tweak.esp
++  The.Armory.Performance.Killing.Ballistics.esp
4C  The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
4D  The.Armory.Crysis.Pack.esp
4E  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Arenovalis posted:

You've probably been asked this before, but I couldn't find anything mentioning it: Are you planning to ever take a crack at redoing energy weapons? It'd make sense if you didn't want to.

edit: I've actually just reinstalled Fallout and am in the process of collecting all the old mods I had. Did URWLNV get removed from the nexus for some reason? What should I get to replace it?

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 29, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Cowcaster posted:

You've probably been asked this before, but I couldn't find anything mentioning it: Are you planning to ever take a crack at redoing energy weapons? It'd make sense if you didn't want to.

edit: I've actually just reinstalled Fallout and am in the process of collecting all the old mods I had. Did URWLNV get removed from the nexus for some reason? What should I get to replace it?

Try http://www.mediafire.com/file/zy84s881hd4upz3/URWLNV53.rar , that's the only copy I could find and it seems to work decently. The only other URWL I can find incorporates Nevada Skies.

Arenovalis posted:

Finished the Honest Hearts guns and updated my pack with 5 new textures.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38285

With new weapons or just the last 5 weapons you released?

Syrant fucked around with this message at 10:41 on May 29, 2011

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Does anyone know how one might be able to remove the weight limit check on Honest Hearts? I am a hoarder and the thought of having to leave stuff behind is traumatic.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Anjow posted:

Does anyone know how one might be able to remove the weight limit check on Honest Hearts? I am a hoarder and the thought of having to leave stuff behind is traumatic.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41908 seems to work well enough for not having to spend 15 minutes manually clicking away everything just to get in.

Bionic Psyker
Apr 23, 2009

Anjow posted:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36372

Have an extra dimensional tent of holding! It'll sort your inventory out for you into the containers, then you can make the tent weightless when you pick it back up, or weigh a set amount, etc. And the newer updates let you craft with items that are in your sorting containers, so there's no need to pick through them all day, and no reason not to pick up everything that isn't nailed down.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

e: woop doop wrong thread

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
I'm having some problems with URWLified Nevada Skies. I just started a new game, and the game crashes every time I enter the Prospectors Saloon in Goodsprings to start the tutorial the game Crashes. I know that it's Nevada Skies because when I disable it the crashes stop. I've tried a clean reinstall, and messing around with bashed patches and merges.

Active Mod Files:
00 FalloutNV.esm
01 DeadMoney.esm
02 Advanced Recon Tech.esm
03 Military Explansion Program.esm
04 ReactivePeople.esm
05 rePopulated Wasteland.esm
06 Thermal Vision.esm
07 Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
08 EZ_CompanionNVSE.esm
09 More Perks.esm
0A More Perks for Companions.esm
0B More Perks for Dead Money.esm
0C More Traits.esm
0D Project Nevada - Core.esm
0E ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
0F ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
10 Project13 - Populated Wasteland.esm
11 The.Armory.esm
12 DarNifiedUINV.esp
13 CASM.esp
14 IIWR 2.1.0.esp
15 IncreasedLegion1_1.esp
16 Wasteland Defense.esp
17 XFO - 4a - Perks - Paths.esp
18 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
19 ExtendedNVRadio.esp
1A More Perks Update.esp
1B More Perks for Companions Update.esp
1C More Perks for Dead Money Update.esp
1D More Traits Update.esp
1E xatmosSkillPerks.esp
1F Better Tag Skills.esp
20 Plausible Starting Outfit.esp
21 populatedcasino.esp
22 Advanced Recon Gear.esp
23 Advanced Recon Tech.esp
24 Advanced Recon Gear - Project Nevada.esp
25 Armored PA Gloves.esp
26 Fiendish Power Armor.esp
27 LegateArmor.esp
28 TUPAM-NV.esp
29 Centurion Caelius.esp
2A CompanionDisguises.esp
2B The.Armory.Mysterious.Stranger.Pack.esp
2C The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
2D XFO - 4bb - Perks - Two per level.esp
2E Caesars_Legion_Overhaul.esp
2F LogicalReputationShifts.esp
30 Realistic_Repair_NV.esp
31 Companion Sandbox Mode.esp
32 Light Step ED-E.esp
33 Color Me Evil.esp
34 realistic headshots.esp
35 Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
36 DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp

Any suggestions?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Syrant posted:

Try http://www.mediafire.com/file/zy84s881hd4upz3/URWLNV53.rar , that's the only copy I could find and it seems to work decently. The only other URWL I can find incorporates Nevada Skies.

Thanks. As a followup, I was planning on getting the pipboy readius + reskin I used to have. However, I also ended up stripping out the readius sound effects so it'd use the default pipboy ones, by using the New Vegas Fallout Mod Manager. The most recent version on the nexus is from November, will that one work with the current version of New Vegas?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Valhawk posted:

I'm having some problems with URWLified Nevada Skies. I just started a new game, and the game crashes every time I enter the Prospectors Saloon in Goodsprings to start the tutorial the game Crashes. I know that it's Nevada Skies because when I disable it the crashes stop. I've tried a clean reinstall, and messing around with bashed patches and merges.

Had this happen to me too. I ended up deleting all of the indoor cell modifications in URWLified Nevada Skies since I use Interior Lighting Overhaul on those cells anyway. I know the ILO author knows the reason for the Goodsprings crash and I just posted on the comments section of that mod to see if he'll share what the fix is.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Thanks, this problem is kind of frustrating. The thing is, it doesn't even crash several other interior cells. It also appears that this problem is not widespread which is also strange.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

ETPC posted:

I'm not sure why this is happening, but HH keeps crashing right after the opening cutscene. Is there a conflict with my load order?
Make sure to verify the game cache through Steam. I was having the same problem as you even with all my mods disabled, and verifying the cache was the only thing that fixed it. Had to do it twice, in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

I wish FOOK would let us pick and choose which bits we like. There are some bits I really like, but I don't want my hat to be sun dependant :v: