Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
nothing weird about living in an asian swamp and talking scouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LOR1s16rn4

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

quote:

is anyone else worried that if charlie adam is announced as our first signing, it doesn't look like a statement of intent that would make Reina stay, and give our top transfer targets something to think about?

It is REALLY annoying that I can't just reply with "gently caress you" on other forums. Don't they know I'm an admin on SA? Come on, please please please

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

quote:

Ferguie will now be sacked.

Make no mistake.

He's toast.

And that's what Manchester United are really about.

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

K U N T Z posted:

Where is this from?

K U N T Z
Dec 29, 2008

The Lot Of You...

Bigmouth McSmallcock posted:

Where is this from?
Some comment on the Guardian match report

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

quote:

the boss tried to buy robinho several times. even if neymar does a robinho, he can still be flogged for a lot of money. robinho was flogged for 30m+ after his first screw up. so what's wrong with buying neymar for 25m and selling him a couple years later (assuming he bombs) for 16m? even with financial fair play kicking in, he is going to command a lot of money assuming he doesn't catastrophically injure himself.

I really love the idea of buying a player with the expectation of selling him at a loss in a couple of years.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

On Steve Morison:

quote:

if he was english we could get £10m but coz he decides to play welsh he is worth 2-3£ selfish oval office!!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Raightning posted:

On Steve Morison:

this is unironically how transfers work

also my new sig

LaneAveElite
Oct 31, 2010
I hate Barca. They are a sports franchise that has embraced elitist leftism as a rooting culture. Gen. Franco was absolutely right when he executed the anarchist ******** after the Civil War and then rooted for Real as a hard core fan for the remainder of his regime. That said, they owned Man U today- Sir Alex and the Glasers need to invest in some young, dynamic defenders if they want to dominate the Champions League. Rio Ferdinand is like Jason Kidd-a great one, but his time is rapidly passing.

If you cry because your favorite team doesn't win every game, you better root for Manchester United or grow up.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

LaneAveElite posted:

I hate Barca. They are a sports franchise that has embraced elitist leftism as a rooting culture. Gen. Franco was absolutely right when he executed the anarchist ******** after the Civil War and then rooted for Real as a hard core fan for the remainder of his regime. That said, they owned Man U today- Sir Alex and the Glasers need to invest in some young, dynamic defenders if they want to dominate the Champions League. Rio Ferdinand is like Jason Kidd-a great one, but his time is rapidly passing.

If you cry because your favorite team doesn't win every game, you better root for Manchester United or grow up.

Holy poo poo you win :staredog:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

All salient points

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

"He's a loving useless chav. Did gently caress all at Palace last season and he's another loving friend of the family on the team we don't need."

This charming bellend is now banned from Carrow Road for life after saying that on twitter about our new signing James Vaughan.

Pundit and ex-pro Mark Bright had a proper meltdown about it on Twitter, deciding that all Norwich fans must be racist and telling them not to follow him, and then blocking Dion Dublin, Darren Huckerby, Jake Humphrey and Stephen Fry.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Blue Screen Error posted:

This charming bellend is now banned from Carrow Road for life after saying that on twitter about our new signing James Vaughan.

Pundit and ex-pro Mark Bright had a proper meltdown about it on Twitter, deciding that all Norwich fans must be racist and telling them not to follow him, and then blocking Dion Dublin, Darren Huckerby, Jake Humphrey and Stephen Fry.

Oh dear, thought crime alert!

You lot are like the f****** Borg. It's actually quite embarrassing watching you compete against each other to commit suicide the fastest.

So the bloke wants a team representative of him. So what? I do too.

A Norwich team should be Angles from Anglia, nobody else.

Develop the youth system and spend OUR money on OUR children. You're only hurting your own kids in the long term.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
that guy really hates Romans, Picts and Saxons :(

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Jutes as well. Nobody ever thinks about the poor Jutes.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

You lot are like the loving Borg.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Biggy_
Jan 17, 2006

boom boom boom let me hear you say bale BALE
Robbie Savage for FIFA President?!?!?!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Can't believe Ruud went to the Spanish Man City. What a judas prick.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
http://www.eurosoccerfans.com/american-soccer-players-in-europe/

Spain is without doubt one of the best Soccer leagues in the world and their league battles against the English league on wich is really the best. Hard to compare the two in my opinion since Spain has the best team in the world while there is a big drop in quality after the top 2 teams.
In Spain there is only one American Soccer player, and he is considered one of the most talented players ever came out from the U.S.

Jozy Altidore

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Couch posted:

http://www.eurosoccerfans.com/american-soccer-players-in-europe/

Spain is without doubt one of the best Soccer leagues in the world and their league battles against the English league on wich is really the best. Hard to compare the two in my opinion since Spain has the best team in the world while there is a big drop in quality after the top 2 teams.
In Spain there is only one American Soccer player, and he is considered one of the most talented players ever came out from the U.S.

Jozy Altidore

The grammatical errors make me think it is some kid's website. So I feel bad making fun of it.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
winner

quote:

Posted by peter ridsdale on May 30th, 2011, 11:00

Your comments regarding my tenure in football is interesting if ill informed. I was a non executive director at Leeds United for ten years and then Chairman for five years. In five years as Chairman, Leeds United were never outside of the top five in the Premier League. We also achieved the semi final of the the UEFA Cup and The Champions League.The debt that Leeds had when I stepped down was not only manageable whilst Leeds remained in the Premier League but also not significant by comparison to debt levels at many Premier League Clubs today. Only the failure of the management after I left to keep Leeds in the Premier League saw the debt becoming a problem as it did at many established Premier League Clubs who were relegated eg Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton etc.
Barnsley were in Administration when I bought it, sorted out its historic football debt, built a team for little money that achieved promotion within sixteen months and I then sold it on for no profit to its current owner. It was in good financial health on my disposing of the Club rather than the situation it was in when I acquired it.
Cardiff City were on the brink of relegation and administration when I joined and had in excess of £30m of debt. In five years the debt was slashed, a new stadium built and became a balance sheet asset, a new training ground built,an FA Cup Final(first time since 1927) and a play off final reached. As Chairman I took them to 11th place, 7th place and 4th place in the Championship. As I had been asked to do, I then found new investors who acquired the Club in the summer of 2010. Cardiff City were never in danger of administration during that period as they had tax debts of less than £2m and playing squad assets in excess of £20m. In the five years that I was at Cardiff we brought in net transfer fees of £22m. As for Plymouth, I have no personal desire to own the Club and i don’t have mysterious backers. The Club is in administration and will close if someone doesn’t save it. If the Irish Consortium who are currently preferred bidders do complete they have said that they don’t initially want the football club. Under those circumstances I have offered to help.
I am prepared to put my individual track record in football management up to any scrutiny, particularly against inaccurate and biased commentary that is often peddled. Plymouth may not end up with me helping solve their problems. Unless they find a viable alternative however they may just be a Club that disappears out of the Football League.
I accept that football critique and banter is part and parcel of the game but lenghty commentary that is without factual accuracy continues to disappoint."

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Iggy Pop Barker posted:

The debt that Leeds had when I stepped down was not only manageable whilst Leeds remained in the Premier League but also not significant by comparison to debt levels at many Premier League Clubs today. Only the failure of the management after I left to keep Leeds in the Premier League saw the debt becoming a problem as it did at many established Premier League Clubs who were relegated eg Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton etc.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
good news is that he might end up not being our new chairman.....

bad news is that this because the mystery Irish Consortium Ridsdale and his choice of administrator Brendan Guilfoyle bent over backward to secure preferred bidder status for above two other bids either have or are about to pull out because they either haven't got any money (!) or didn't realise there were league requirements to get your 'share' to take part each season (!)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

what's he ever done that was so bad?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Seriously speaking, most of the wonderkids on fm turn good. So if you become good on fm, you have a higher than normal chance of becoming good I think

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
can't argue with statistics

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Someone trying to justify sticking Crouch up top and lumping it to him.

quote:

Crouch record for England played 42 scored 22 goals suggest otherwise. The so called contolled football wasnt bringing a win so for the last 10 mins what the heck as they say s...t or bust.

I once brought my sub goalkeeper on in midfield, 5 mins before the end of a cup final that we were winning but getting slaughtered so I told him everytime the ball landed at his feet from wherever hit the ball at the goal biut make sure if it missed it was goal kick not into the goalkeepers arms. He did just that and we won the cup. Its horses for courses to win a specific game sometimes you have to use unusual tactics, which people dont like. to achieve that aim. Today was such an example.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Am I the only one who thought Man Utd deserved to win last night? I know you will all be jumping on the Barca bandwagon because you are jealous of Man Utd's success and just say Barca were better cos you are bitter.
First off, United absolutely crushed Barca in the first 10 minutes, the most important stage of the game. We only didn't score because of poor refereeing in the opening minutes. The minute Barca players felt under threat they just started rolling around and it ruined the game.
We created the better chances. With Rooney, Hernandez and Nani going closest out of all the players on the pitch.
Who was the best player on the pitch all game? Was it Messi? Xavi? Iniesta? No. It was ROONEY. He was by far the most threatening player and looked most dangerous out of them all. He got his goal which should be goal of the season in my opinion. I am hoping also that it will contribute to him winning WPOTY this year as he has already won us the league and gotten us to a European Cup final this year. The only reason he hasn't scored as many as Messi and Ronaldo is because they play in a joke of a league where I could score a hatrick with my eyes closed. He has also been playing out of position.
Barcelona's goals were not good. They were just lucky. Messi miss hit his shot and it wrong footed Van der Sar who was expecting a proper shot and luckily went in. Villa's goal was just a lucky break to him. Wow Messi scored a lucky goal, what else did he actually do? Nothing.
In the end Barca were lucky to win as we should have had 2 penalties. You all get carried away with this passing nonsense and forget that they hardly actually do anything with it. United are much more effective at attacking and just got extremely unlucky last night. I just think you are all a bit bitter about us being champions.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Amazing.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
loving hell. I've got United written through me like a stick of rock but that post is a massive pile of bollocks.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
Well I can't top that.

quote:

the bottom line is Capello is the worst manger EVER. Even the wally with the brolly had more of a clue. For £6m a year the guy should know that Emil Heskey is wank and yet he takes him to the World Cup ahead of Adam Johnson.

Today's second goal summed him up, he sat there, motionless.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

The only correct thing in the entire post is that Rooney did play rather well. Not the best on the pitch, but probably the best United player.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Jollzwhin posted:

Well I can't top that.

erm jollzy sorry but this thread is for replicating bad posts

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

quote:

Just been to Wembley to watch England v Switzerland and I kid you not the bloke in front of me had a footie shirt (hand made) made up of the left half of Manure, the right half of Chelski and the back of the Arse.

Bloke in front of him asked why? The answer, my 3 favourite teams!!!

Pissing myself laughing, I laughed more when he questioned why everyone else was laughing at him.
Wanna see that shirt

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
now I wanna get all my leeds shirts and make some ridiculous conglomeration of all of them. gonna wear all the shirts. The Realest Fan

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
I feel sorry for FIFA, the press have a real hatred for them and keep making scurrilous accusations. Last wek the BBC did a dreadful documentary accusing all and sundry of bribery and corruption, this week both candidates for presidency and the whiter than white Mr Warner has have been accused of offering cash incentives, it's fucling ridiculous.

These ambassadors at the top of footballs governing body work tirelessly, sometimes for hours at a time to make football more better. Bringing countries like Qatar into the fold With it's massive population of nearly a million and a half people is a stroke of genius. Qatar have too much money and quite like a bit of a kick about after drilling for oil, by taking some of their money, FIFA officials can now fly to more places and spread the word to other nations who should host the world cup, like Andorra or Greenland.

And don't even raise the nonsense about goal line gadgetry, when sep blather was young, football was a gentlemans game where honesty and integrity were the technology that mattered. Also the stuff available today is not supplied by any companies owned or represented by a FIFA member so it can't be trusted. They have also allegedly refused point blank to help with the associated costs of getting the FIFA boys together to make a decision, and Lear jets don't run on chip fat you know.

I think we should take a long hard look at what these guys bring to football and show them a little more respect, they know what they're doing and they know what's best, and the best costs money

Next week I will be doing an article on how the Italian prime minister is trying reenergise politics by touching the younger generation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

lomzus posted:

I feel sorry for FIFA, the press have a real hatred for them and keep making scurrilous accusations. Last wek the BBC did a dreadful documentary accusing all and sundry of bribery and corruption, this week both candidates for presidency and the whiter than white Mr Warner has have been accused of offering cash incentives, it's fucling ridiculous.

These ambassadors at the top of footballs governing body work tirelessly, sometimes for hours at a time to make football more better. Bringing countries like Qatar into the fold With it's massive population of nearly a million and a half people is a stroke of genius. Qatar have too much money and quite like a bit of a kick about after drilling for oil, by taking some of their money, FIFA officials can now fly to more places and spread the word to other nations who should host the world cup, like Andorra or Greenland.

And don't even raise the nonsense about goal line gadgetry, when sep blather was young, football was a gentlemans game where honesty and integrity were the technology that mattered. Also the stuff available today is not supplied by any companies owned or represented by a FIFA member so it can't be trusted. They have also allegedly refused point blank to help with the associated costs of getting the FIFA boys together to make a decision, and Lear jets don't run on chip fat you know.

I think we should take a long hard look at what these guys bring to football and show them a little more respect, they know what they're doing and they know what's best, and the best costs money

Next week I will be doing an article on how the Italian prime minister is trying reenergise politics by touching the younger generation
whats wrong with this