Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SpacePig posted:

Spaghettagedon roped me in pretty well.

The Robin Williams riffing was unbelievable. I was driving home after a long trip, and tears were streaming down my face it was so unstoppably funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".
mbambam rubbed me totally the wrong way - the spaghetti episode is the only one I listened to. Maybe it's their howling high-pitched laughter or how it kind of goes out of control - I had a hard time getting into it. I'll give it another shot, but it might be that this just isn't my type of podcast.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Just a quick note that the latest Lou Reads is now live and direct. It is however SUPER NSFW...

http://loureads.com/2011/05/26/lou-reads-from-the-forums-of-cumonfood-net/ :nws: :nms: I am so sure people won't make it through this one that I put in words I asked people to use in the comments so I know you made it...

Also I haven't mentioned them for a while but my friends over at The Comedy Nerds are having a live streaming episode this Sunday. Its for their third anniversary.

quote:

This Sunday is our 3 year anniversary of doing the podcast and we are going live! Visit TheComedyNerds.com Sunday May 29th @ 7pm et to listen to the podcast live as we record it and join in on the conversation with our live chat. Plus, you can play along with our comedy trivia competition and check out the debut of our much-anticipated new theme song. Also for the first time we will have 3 amazing guest: Claudia Cogan, Nick Turner and Lou Fernandez.

http://www.thecomedynerds.com/2011/05/comedy-nerds-live-online-may-29th/

So if you are super bored and want to hear me and some other funny people jabber live on the web, tune in!

Thessentials
Mar 28, 2010
Jim & Them

quote:

Jim and Them are the combination of Jim Scampoli, Jake Sprague, Jeff Murphy and newest addition Mike Steele. They get together every Friday night and wax philosophical on everything from entertainment, news and polictics. With their powers combined they become POP CULTURE! WARNING - Dick jokes running wild!

http://www.jimandthem.com/

These guys are hilarious. A group of 4 guys (Jim, Jake, Jeff, and Mike) that toss around crazy ideas or opinions on whatever topic comes along. I find this podcast unique because the group regularly takes jokes to the extreme and they aren't afraid to poo poo on each other for the sake of keeping a joke going. It sometimes becomes difficult to tell when something is a joke or whether it's one of the member's actual opinions, which is something I really enjoy as it has a bit of a mindfuck to it. Take everything they say with a grain of salt and you will be laughing your rear end off.

I started listening since episode 150 but my favorite so far is episode 190 part 2

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

SpacePig posted:

Spaghettagedon roped me in pretty well.

I actually literally just listened to this and the newest one and hearing Spaghettagedon first was insane, I now am in love with this podcast.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002
I'm assuming everyone here listens to "This American Life". There's a podcast (Kapser Hauser) that did a really funny parody of the show:

First parody

And another one

I had to turn it off because I was laughing like a lunatic in a public place.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Latest episode of Digital Porridge is up!

In #26 we talk about the inadequacies of doing business with the mafia and then go into loads of personal listener comments from real, live people. Honest.

http://www.digitalporridge.com/2011/05/26/episode-26/
iTunes linky
RSS linky

Lou...that poo poo is gross. Do we get a prize for making it to the end? Strangley, there's a correlation with your latest episode and DP's latest (re: seagulling). e: just started listening from the site - your new news is awesome :)

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 27, 2011

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

You can trust me, I'm a doctor.

King Lou posted:

Just a quick note that the latest Lou Reads is now live and direct. It is however SUPER NSFW...

All I saw was the thumbnail in itunes and I might already give up.

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Portrait of the Artist as a Grump

j8910 posted:

I'm assuming everyone here listens to "This American Life". There's a podcast (Kapser Hauser) that did a really funny parody of the show:

First parody

And another one

the producer credits of the first one was what got me. and the torey malatia plug plug plug

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Penis envy posted:

All I saw was the thumbnail in itunes and I might already give up.

Be sure to go to the blog, though. I have some less gross, but still really gross bonus content on there. Its still gross though... Also if you only listen to the first minute you can hear my 1st sponsor ad! Everyone likes to listen to ads, right?

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

King Lou posted:

Be sure to go to the blog, though. I have some less gross, but still really gross bonus content on there. Its still gross though... Also if you only listen to the first minute you can hear my 1st sponsor ad! Everyone likes to listen to ads, right?

I hope you know I'm kidding, of course I'm still going to listen. After all, I listened to the one that involved menstrual blood and shoes. That was the only time while listening that I actually had to take a break.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Penis envy posted:

I hope you know I'm kidding, of course I'm still going to listen. After all, I listened to the one that involved menstrual blood and shoes. That was the only time while listening that I actually had to take a break.

Ha! I didn't know. I get a lot of emails telling me that people couldn't get through episodes or flat out refused to listen. A lot of my friends tell me they can't make it through stuff I think isn't that bad. This, however, is a whole other ball of man max. I'm hoping the sponsor isn't too grossed out!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Did you already have this show lined up when the sponsorship came through or what.

webster876
Aug 4, 2007

j8910 posted:

First parody

And another one

Holy gently caress these are loving hilarious.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

Did you already have this show lined up when the sponsorship came through or what.

I had decided to do a grosser one just because I had done 3 non-gross ones and felt like it was time. I got the email from the marketing company like a day or two after I started combing through that gross site. I figured if they looked at my site at all they might have some idea that it gets gross.

They don't seem to care so far... They liked the thing I recorded. Now of course someone has to buy something or they won't be back! No pressure guys.... Unless you like to feel pressure (in your butt) then that coupon might come in handy!

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.

webster876 posted:

Holy gently caress these are loving hilarious.

Agreed. Leagues better than the onion article from a few years back. All it needs is a non-funny monologue by David Sedaris from his recent lovely book to be complete.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/this-american-life-completes-documentation-of-libe,2188/

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Well now I know what Sarah Silverman's vagina looks like.

Thanks Doug Loves Movies. Thanks for that.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Strange Matter posted:

Well now I know what Sarah Silverman's vagina looks like.

Thanks Doug Loves Movies. Thanks for that.

Wow you were not kidding. She did publish a photo of Harris Wittels' penis, so I guess it's a fair trade.

Nadine Hauklund
May 17, 2002

A boy's best friend is his mother.
My brother-in-law is a guest on the Professor Blastoff they are recording tonight. He's an actual scientist, not a comedian, so I'll be interested to hear where he'll fit in (not that being funny seems to be a prerequisite for PBO...)

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
I find PBO interesting, but yea it's not funny at all, I kinda don't think it's supposed to be though.

I really hope it's not supposed to be.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

King Lou posted:

http://loureads.com/2011/05/26/lou-reads-from-the-forums-of-cumonfood-net/ :nws: :nms: I am so sure people won't make it through this one that I put in words I asked people to use in the comments so I know you made it...

Also I haven't mentioned them for a while but my friends over at The Comedy Nerds are having a live streaming episode this Sunday. Its for their third anniversary.

http://www.thecomedynerds.com/2011/05/comedy-nerds-live-online-may-29th/

So if you are super bored and want to hear me and some other funny people jabber live on the web, tune in!

Holy gently caress that was gross. Also probably the funniest one yet.

Clovis Sangrail
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks to this thread, I discovered The Podcast Eating Contest and Lou Reads, those are two of my favorite podcasts now. The Glory Hole is pretty neat as well.

Anyway, I haven't seen either of the following podcasts mentioned on here and was wondering whether anybody else listens to them and if not, consider them recommended:

Potato Potato Podcast: Some people may not be on board with the soundboard usage, but I think it's WILDLY APPROPRIATE. I think http://www.potatopotatopodcast.com/ep-45/ might be a good example of what they are like, although basically any episode would do.

Shoddy Radio: This one is usually NSFW, but there are also tamer episodes. http://shoddyradio.com/index.php?id=128 might be a good example; Episode 073 is one of my eternal podcast favorites as well, but it might not be the best starting point. Also, Jackie Kashian was a guest on one of the later episodes as well as the bassist of Floater.

Clovis Sangrail fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 28, 2011

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

The Joe Rogan trashtalk on the previous Best Show is so hilarious. I love Tom describing how he wishes he could lock Rogan in his sensory deprevation tank.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

The Joe Rogan trashtalk on the previous Best Show is so hilarious. I love Tom describing how he wishes he could lock Rogan in his sensory deprevation tank.

He should have thrown Joe into the Hate Pit. The Hate Pit tour was one my favorite Best Show moments.

Penis envy
Jan 22, 2010

I remember on Skarlbro country they mentioned they might have Tom on but I haven't heard anything about it again. I think Tom would be great on it, since the Sklars share a love of sports and indie music.

Also, earwolf website 2.0 is going to have forums. That definitely won't be downhill from day one.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus Christ Lou

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Yeah Lou, listening to that in the car was a bad idea. I'm now living under the assumption that everyone around me is trying to trick me into ingesting their cum.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah that seems to be the consensus. Instant fear that anyone you know may be trying to slip jizz in your food... Sorry!

I'm about to start the live podcasting at thecomedynerds.com listen in! 7:10pm we go live.

EDIT: I don't know if anyone tuned in but it was really stupid but fun. Not at all what I was expecting. Mainly a big old jabber fest.

King Lou fucked around with this message at 03:45 on May 30, 2011

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

j8910 posted:

First parody

And another one

Oh my sweet jesus these are hilarious. I'm a huge TAL nerd and this dude just totally nails it. Thanks for posting this.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

j8910 posted:

First parody.
http://media.libsyn.com/media/kasperhauser/kh13_moretal.mp3 Second one.

Hahahaha! Great job! NPR should elbow one of those into the show and see who notices!

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
Goddamnit I HATE JESSIE THORN!!!!

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
I only listen to JJGo occasionally, but I guess I don't understand why you have such a hatred of the dude. He seems pretty genuine to me. :can:

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Comedy Bang-Bang just released the exact same episode as last week but with a different title. What the hell? :confused:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Binowru posted:

Comedy Bang-Bang just released the exact same episode as last week but with a different title. What the hell? :confused:

It's Kaufmanesque!

(it's a mistake, they'll fix it)

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnxmmm2jrmm

For everyone else who has an irrational hate of Jesse Thorn, may I present to you the lost episode of Jordan, Jesse, Go. Basically in a nutshell, last year the Penny-Arcade guys were on a book tour and were told they were going to be interviewed by "the Sound of Young America guy". So they show up to Jesse Thorns house, are forced to wait with him an hour before Jordan shows up, and what follows is one of the most venomous and awkward hours in podcasting history.

At this point accounts vary, but basically from what I understand Gabe and Tycho called him out on being unprofessional and such, Jesse Thorn refused to release the episode citing quality reasons, then briefly put it up to calm the forum flamers, then pulled it again, and then finally Thorn and Gabe and Tycho all sort of washed their hands of the thing and moved on with their lives.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

So The Comedy Nerds live show I was on, that I'm nearly positive no one listened to, is up.

http://www.thecomedynerds.com/2011/05/our-3rd-anniversary-show/

Give it a listen to hear me fumbling over myself. I'll say up front that its a tad disjointed but thats mainly because we were just having some fun. I've known and done comedy with some of these guys for 10 years. It was a good time and I hope that comes through. You'll also be able to hear my stupid trivia knowledge in a terrible trivia game.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Zohn posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnxmmm2jrmm

For everyone else who has an irrational hate of Jesse Thorn, may I present to you the lost episode of Jordan, Jesse, Go. Basically in a nutshell, last year the Penny-Arcade guys were on a book tour and were told they were going to be interviewed by "the Sound of Young America guy". So they show up to Jesse Thorns house, are forced to wait with him an hour before Jordan shows up, and what follows is one of the most venomous and awkward hours in podcasting history.

At this point accounts vary, but basically from what I understand Gabe and Tycho called him out on being unprofessional and such, Jesse Thorn refused to release the episode citing quality reasons, then briefly put it up to calm the forum flamers, then pulled it again, and then finally Thorn and Gabe and Tycho all sort of washed their hands of the thing and moved on with their lives.

I'm not particularly a fan of Thorn (used to listen to JJGo but haven't in about a year) , but I've listened to that episode and imo the Penny Arcade guys come off way worse and less professional. Of course, I'm no PA fan either. It was probably just a bad situation due to miscommunication, but I think the lesson we can all take away is don't trust your publicist and know what show you're going on beforehand.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I like the PA comic, but those guys came off terribly in that podcast. I guess there were scheduling problems, and the PA guys totally hate waiting. That doesn't explain why they refused to participate in a conversation and otherwise acted like middle-schoolers on a car trip. There were a million other ways they could have handled that, including getting up and leaving, and all of them would have reflected better on them than what they chose.

It is interesting to hear Jordan and Jesse sweat, though.

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer

Narwhale posted:

I'm not particularly a fan of Thorn (used to listen to JJGo but haven't in about a year) , but I've listened to that episode and imo the Penny Arcade guys come off way worse and less professional. Of course, I'm no PA fan either. It was probably just a bad situation due to miscommunication, but I think the lesson we can all take away is don't trust your publicist and know what show you're going on beforehand.

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. The PA guys basically act like assholes in order to purposely derail the show because of a perceived slight, and I find the end result absolutely entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

I still can't get used to the new theme for CDR or Comedy Bang Bang or whatever you wanna call it. It's just so different and I, like most people, hate change.

• Locked thread