Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
cool sponsor though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That's not Sunday league.

This is Sunday league.

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

ibroxmassive posted:

This is Sunday league.

i have a thing for bright loving yellow and this scratches my itch in a good way. i love it

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ibroxmassive posted:

This is Sunday league.

I'm with Mr Pepper, this is awesome.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Mr Pepper posted:

i have a thing for bright loving yellow and this scratches my itch in a good way. i love it

You'd love my football team. Bright Yellow, Navy Blue. I'm not sure on that one though just because of sponsors and how they'd sit across it

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

That top would make a good keeper shirt except I think a sponsor and badge would probably ruin it

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

This is Sunday league.

Ooooh whose is this supposed to be? I love it

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Directorman posted:

Ooooh whose is this supposed to be? I love it

It's the Nike Precision kit for Sunday League teams and the like for 11/12.

http://www.soccerdirectfc.co.uk/nike-jerseys.asp

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

ibroxmassive posted:

You'd love my football team. Bright Yellow, Navy Blue. I'm not sure on that one though just because of sponsors and how they'd sit across it

can i become a plastic supporter of your team? i won't come to any of the matches but you can rest easy knowing that you are my favorite team

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

ibroxmassive posted:

I was gonna post something similar. Anything resembling Maize & Blue is welcome in my wardrobe.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

ibroxmassive posted:

This is Sunday league.

straight out of the xmen

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

I was gonna post something similar. Anything resembling Maize & Blue is welcome in my wardrobe.

hey speaking of which

I don't want to derail this too much back into other sports but when talking about some of the more :stare:-worthy kits coming out this year (especially these striped Nike kits) it bears repeating.

Here's the University of Michigan's football uniform, blue and yellow. One of the top, traditional powerhouse teams of American college football, and last year's uni modeled by Denard Robinson

Recently Nike and now Adidas have the UM athletics contract for all their sports. But the football uniform never changes — really all that visually changed is swapping the swoosh for the three stripes badge. You know why that happened? Because Michigan probably has that written in their contract. "Thou shalt not gently caress with our home uniform," or something similar.

Now take a look at some of these teams you're :gonk:-ing at the uniforms of and remember: Sure, Nike/Adidas/Puma/whomever may be batshit crazy for coming up with the kits, but the clubs are just as guilty. They've either allowed them to happen and are kind of stupid, or signed away their right to veto the kit makers (and equally stupid in that regard). So, yeah, Nike deserves some heat for those designs...but it takes two to tango, as they say.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Alternatively, the clubs know they can make more money by allowing total freedom to the kitmaker, and they'd rather have an extra £5m a year than gorgeous kits.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
American football teams just throw out a third or throwback jersey they wear for one game and charge $100 for them

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Reek posted:

American football teams just throw out a third or throwback jersey they wear for one game and charge $100 for them

This and the big ten schools get crazy tv revenue every year, and the NCAA teams also get to charge a bunch of kids $30,000+ a year to go there.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
throwback kits are cool though

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
More Umbro, Lille home:

Sunderland away:

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

trem_two posted:

Sunderland away:

Goddamn that looks awesome and I thin it's only because of how well the sponsor looks with the stripe

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

euroboy posted:

congrats, nike. you finally did it. the ugliest kit of all time.

to be honest i dont give a poo poo because after this year's away kit i'm not buying another one for a long time. it owns

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

grvm posted:

This and the big ten schools get crazy tv revenue every year, and the NCAA teams also get to charge a bunch of kids $30,000+ a year to go there.

not the student athletes, no. most of the time for the revenue sports, they've got full-ride scholarships.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

harperdc posted:

student athletes
:lol:

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

euroboy posted:

congrats, nike. you finally did it. the ugliest kit of all time.

Here, I've made it less poo poo:

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

harperdc posted:

not the student athletes, no. most of the time for the revenue sports, they've got full-ride scholarships.

This I know, but there might be 500 kids on a full athletic scholarship from the school, and a school like Penn State (I know more about penn state than mich) has almost 80,000 undergrads, spread across all campuses, getting charged about 15,000+ a year. The amount of kids getting a free ride very small so the school still profits.

fake edit: more kids will be on scholarships, however all most all of them will be on third party scholarships paid to the school. This last part I'm not 100% on, but I'm pretty sure that is how it goes with academic scholarships, grants, etc.

Klay
Oct 29, 2008

harperdc posted:

Michigan uniforms

Maybe you forgot or maybe you don't know what you're talking about, but these happened less than 3 years ago.

Yes, they were an abomination and didn't last long. But is was still change.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Klay posted:

Maybe you forgot or maybe you don't know what you're talking about, but these happened less than 3 years ago.

Yes, they were an abomination and didn't last long. But is was still change.

I was mostly talking about the Michigan homes as evidence that teams can resist the change. Nike and Adidas have done things like that on the aways in recent years, yes, but that's frankly mild compared with many other schools' uniforms. Go check back a couple pages at Oregon, for reference.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Stop posting pointy ball stupid uniforms.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

harperdc posted:

I was mostly talking about the Michigan homes as evidence that teams can resist the change. Nike and Adidas have done things like that on the aways in recent years, yes, but that's frankly mild compared with many other schools' uniforms. Go check back a couple pages at Oregon, for reference.

Most of the terrible shirts are away shirts.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
That Lille shirt is really nice.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Couch posted:

Most of the terrible shirts are away shirts.

the striped Nike kits are also home kits for at least Barca and Juve and pretty loving awful.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Werder Bremens new home and away got leaked:

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
My 10/11 Barca shirt arrived today form soccertriads. AMAZING quality. I can;t tell the difference. My workmates are pretty impressed too (apart from my plastic support of Barca).

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

newtestleper posted:

My 10/11 Barca shirt arrived today form soccertriads. AMAZING quality. I can;t tell the difference. My workmates are pretty impressed too (apart from my plastic support of Barca).

I considered getting a Barca away becuase I love black kits, can't really go wrong for £17

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

newtestleper posted:

you bought the Qatar kit? :suicide:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

MoPZiG posted:

The qatar kit is 11/12

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

MoPZiG posted:

Dear God, no!

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
soccertriads despatched my new shirt from caithness on may 17th and it hasn't arrived yet, how long have other (uk-based) people's delivery times been? think something's probably gone wrong, taking a long time to send it is one thing but once it's been sent it shouldn't take this long to go from one end of the country to the other

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
Email them for a tracking number.

"Soccer Triads Delivery:
Please note shipping takes around 10 days from dispatch date. On rare occasions delivery can take up to 28 days. If you require a tracking number they are available 15 days after date of dispatch."

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Chuggo posted:

soccertriads despatched my new shirt from caithness on may 17th and it hasn't arrived yet, how long have other (uk-based) people's delivery times been? think something's probably gone wrong, taking a long time to send it is one thing but once it's been sent it shouldn't take this long to go from one end of the country to the other

I've had to wait 3 or 4 weeks a couple of times.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
okay cool thanks, i don't mind waiting a long time as long as it's normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Yeah I'd give it a week or two and then fire off an email if you still have nothing. The guy Sean who I emailed has always been really helpful.

When the lettering fell off my porto shirt a couple years ago he offered me another shirt free of charge. So I got a chelsea 3rd kit for free and didnt even have to send the porto one back. booya.