Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
EDIT: I too like nWoD,slim!

Are clerics really that good? I never actually played a cleric into high levels in 3.5, I was usually all about the rogues or wizards. So far the rogue is the most fun in Daggerdale on XboxLive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Ferrinus posted:

Why would Rakshasas present a problem to a party of spellcasters...? Is this you not knowing anything about the game you're championing again?

You know what's really crazy thing about the adverse reaction you're having to the acknowledgement of the fact that spellcasters dramatically overpower non-spellcasters in older editions of Dungeons and Dragons? Order of the Stick, the comic we are talking about, not only repeatedly and explicitly acknowledges that spellcasters dramatically overshadow non-spellcasters ("Foolish girl, I am a Druid! I have features more powerful than your entire class!") but uses spellcaster supremacy to drive many of its central themes. Like, Roy Greenhilt, the protagonist, chose to be a fighter rather than a wizard despite the obvious superiority of wizards. If this were a 4th edition game (or a Reign game, or a FATE game, or whatever), he would've essentially been making an aesthetic choice, disagreeing with his father over what kind of fighting appeals to him. But by choosing to be a 3.5e fighter instead of a 3.5e wizard, Roy's rendering his defiance of his father much more dramatic and impactful. And throughout the strip we get to see the consequences of Roy's choice - remember what happened when he confronted Xykon on the zombie dragon? What about the time that Varsuuvius got his hands on near-limitless arcane power, and almost used it to literally end the story, except that the villain was better at using near-limitless arcane power.

I mean, poo poo, look at what's happening right now. The protagonists have literally been divided up by tier. The meatbags are stuck down in the mud and dirt of the arena decrementing each other's hitpoints while the two mages soar overhead shooting each other with energy beams.

It works on so many levels!

Soonmot posted:

Are clerics really that good? I never actually played a cleric into high levels in 3.5, I was usually all about the rogues or wizards. So far the rogue is the most fun in Daggerdale on XboxLive.

Wear heavy armor, fight as well as a fighter through spells, have the only healing spells worth a drat, have just as many save or die spells as a Wizard.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Soonmot posted:

They have a slightly narrower bag of magical tricks than a wizard, generally speaking, but they also have heavy armour, can buff themselves to be better at fighting than a fighter, heal, and most importantly have access to Divine Metamagic. The wizard can mitigate fragility, but the cleric just straight up isn't fragile, and their best magic is probably more effective into the bargain.

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
Durkon doesn't show it off often, because he is a team player, but a well played/built cleric can out-Paladin Paladin, out-Fighter Fighter, and if you are really conniving even out-Wizard Wizard. Clerics are the best example of 3.x's system mastery, because at first glance they look like their purpose is to heal and buff the melee, but turning those buffs inward lets them do almost anything.

Edit: While it is easy for a wizard to invalidate other party members/trivialize encounters, the cleric usually doesn't despite being just as able to, because there is usually a bit of synergy required for the cleric to do it, as opposed to the wizards spell list that makes certain spells explicitly obvious as "tactical superiority" (overland flight) and "replace the rogue" (knock).

Red_Mage fucked around with this message at 09:42 on May 31, 2011

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Cabbit posted:

Please go back to TGD and never leave. The both of you.

Sometimes, people play D&D to kill everything. Sometimes, people play D&D to roleplay as an elf. Sometimes people do both, and sometimes people do neither. These are all valid options, as D&D is a big tent with regards to what you want to do with it.

Stop being cocksuckers to each other because someone doesn't play D&D your way.

I forgot we weren't IN TGD. I'm having some kind of existential crisis. So weird.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Soonmot posted:

Also, you need to quit having a life and come back to TG. Some of us miss you. Dork.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

navyjack posted:

Also, you need to quit having a life and come back to TG. Some of us miss you. Dork.

I was looking today, but there are no 4E or nWoD games recruiting and I don't have M&M3 for Robodog's game.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Soonmot posted:

I was looking today, but there are no 4E or nWoD games recruiting and I don't have M&M3 for Robodog's game.

Oh. I imagine if you spoke to the right person (me) there might be a game (mine) who could need somebody (you) if you wanted to make the effort to read a thread (this one : http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3250940])
you know and i know you're a rock star. A controller would be nice. just saying. And you know most of the dudes therein. just saying. nice to see you again, anyway. :)

Sick_Boy
Jun 3, 2007

The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it.

Superstring posted:

Wear heavy armor, fight as well as a fighter through spells, have the only healing spells worth a drat, have just as many save or die spells as a Wizard.

Not to mention a tacit power over the rest of the party. Only an rear end would abuse it, but still.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Soonmot posted:

I played a cleric from level 1 to 23 in our old 3.5 campaign. It was loving insane after level 10. While the rogue was busy trying not to die and the fighter was killing maybe 1 monster per round, the cleric was nuking entire rooms of people and turning any undead monster (including the vampire boss at the end of the dungeon) into loving ash.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

crime fighting hog posted:

I played a cleric from level 1 to 23 in our old 3.5 campaign. It was loving insane after level 10. While the rogue was busy trying not to die and the fighter was killing maybe 1 monster per round, the cleric was nuking entire rooms of people and turning any undead monster (including the vampire boss at the end of the dungeon) into loving ash.

Meanwhile, the rogue is functionally a shittier fighter (!) against any undead monster and spends entire combats plinking away with a sneak attack-less dagger.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
In the fighter's defense, it manages to avoid being the absolute worst classin the game. That honor goes to (probably) either the Samurai (who is basically a fighter without class features) or the Truenamer (who actively gets less able to use his abilities as he levels). I'd probably argue that Swashbuckler and maybe Monk are worse as well.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

In the fighter's defense, it manages to avoid being the absolute worst classin the game. That honor goes to (probably) either the Samurai (who is basically a fighter without class features) or the Truenamer (who actively gets less able to use his abilities as he levels). I'd probably argue that Swashbuckler and maybe Monk are worse as well.

The Truenamer was literally unusable out of the book it came from. Take that, samurai!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up. I'm not arguing that the wizard isn't the most powerful class (Actually I am, Druid and Cleric are better, but that's not my main point). I'm arguing that, with a good DM and players who aren't actively trying to upstage each other, this isn't a problem. Any wizard that takes a spell like knock, providing the DM imposes a reasonable limit on researchable spells, is a huge douchebag and a wizard who actually prepares it is a huge douchebag with priority issues. Why is this so hard to understand? That spell exists so that a party can feasibly get by without a rogue, but y'all are acting like it's a mandatory spell. Yeah, a wizard is a much bigger deal than the party fighter 98% of the time, but in my experience there's usually a player wants to play a fighter and who's content to sit on the couch, sling some dice, and make a disproportional dent in the group's beer.

Maybe my experience with 3.x is skewed because I played pretty much exclusively with friends in a friendly atmosphere. Hell, I play a scout more often than not despite them being much weaker than my old favorite (druids). I've never had an experience playing with a guy who would actively piss off his companions for the sole gain of making his sheet of paper stronger. Apparently that's pretty loving common though judging by some of the opinions in this thread.

Android Blues posted:

A cleric is more powerful than a wizard, actually. Cleric/wizard/druid are like the holy trinity of spellcaster supremacy, and wizard is usually considered the weakest of the three. I'm not particularly interested in getting into this argument but I thought it worth correcting you on that point!
I addressed that in my spergpost. Clerics are harder to manage if they want to go power-crazy and they don't have the growing pains wizards do.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 17:36 on May 31, 2011

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

The Lord of Hats posted:

There's one way to make a swashbuckler better- take 3 levels of Rogue and the "Daring Outlaw" feat from Complete Scoundrel (four levels if you want Uncanny Dodge). You now have almost full BAB and full sneak attack. Get a rapier or kukri, a high crit range, the Two-Weapon Fighting feats and go to town. Swashbuckler also makes a decent 3 level dip for Insightful Strike, which is good for some high-Int builds.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I am really glad that my group was always too ADD and generally incompetent to get ourselves to 10th level. We must have had a dozen games taking us from 1-8 and then we either switch systems for a while (and never return to that game) or manage to get ourselves all killed.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Ashcans posted:

I am really glad that my group was always too ADD and generally incompetent to get ourselves to 10th level. We must have had a dozen games taking us from 1-8 and then we either switch systems for a while (and never return to that game) or manage to get ourselves all killed.

Levels 1-8 is actually pretty much the sweet spot for 3.5 (although I'd argue more for 3-8, because getting one-shot killed by a lucky crit from an orc is not much fun.) Things stay sane, no long-range teleporting, you can still remember what all your buffs do without flashcards and a flowchart, and there still is a sort of class balance. After level 9 or so, things rapidly start becoming a lot more complicated and broken, and a lot less fun.

One of the things I like the most about 4e is that it took the power range of those levels, and basically extended it over the entire 30 levels. You do miss out on all the ridiculously broken wizard duels, but on the plus side, you get to miss out on the game turning into ridiculously broken wizard duels.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 31, 2011

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The Lord of Hats posted:

I love playing Monks, especially if you don't try to make them fighter replacements. But goddamn does that class require good stats. You need a high dex and wisdom for defense, a good con to take hits, a decent int for skills, and strength for damage and possibly attack as well.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Taerkar posted:

I love playing Monks, especially if you don't try to make them fighter replacements. But goddamn does that class require good stats. You need a high dex and wisdom for defense, a good con to take hits, a decent int for skills, and strength for damage and possibly attack as well.
Yeah, monks only really have a place if you roll stats and get really lucky without any 18s. Ditto paladins. However I always seem to roll poo poo for ability stats so I have never played either.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
The funniest thing about the monk is that it's supremely fortified against all means of attack... except for just attacking it with a weapon for hitpoint damage.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Just a heads up. I'm not arguing that the wizard isn't the most powerful class (Actually I am, Druid and Cleric are better, but that's not my main point). I'm arguing that, with a good DM and players who aren't actively trying to upstage each other, this isn't a problem. Any wizard that takes a spell like knock, providing the DM imposes a reasonable limit on researchable spells, is a huge douchebag and a wizard who actually prepares it is a huge douchebag with priority issues. Why is this so hard to understand? That spell exists so that a party can feasibly get by without a rogue, but y'all are acting like it's a mandatory spell. Yeah, a wizard is a much bigger deal than the party fighter 98% of the time, but in my experience there's usually a player wants to play a fighter and who's content to sit on the couch, sling some dice, and make a disproportional dent in the group's beer.

Knock is the icing on the cake. It's funny and sad that if a wizard was really trying, he could literally render the rogue useless, do everything the rogue does better. In practice, he doesn't need to, since he's got a rogue there to open locks or some poo poo - so, instead, the wizard (or cleric or druid) just upstage everyone in combat encounters/travel scenes/overcoming environmental obstacles/mystery solving like god intended.

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Ferrinus posted:

The funniest thing about the monk is that it's supremely fortified against all means of attack... except for just attacking it with a weapon for hitpoint damage.

Knock is the icing on the cake. It's funny and sad that if a wizard was really trying, he could literally render the rogue useless, do everything the rogue does better. In practice, he doesn't need to, since he's got a rogue there to open locks or some poo poo - so, instead, the wizard (or cleric or druid) just upstage everyone in combat encounters/travel scenes/overcoming environmental obstacles/mystery solving like god intended.

The Rogue is there so that the Wizard isn't forced to take one level in rogue and waste skill points in search and disable device just to disarm traps that he hasn't got a swiss army knife spell to deal with.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

The Truenamer was literally unusable out of the book it came from. Take that, samurai!

You know, I've heard this a bunch of times, but I've never really worked through the mechanics enough to understand why this is. What is it that got screwed up with the Truenamer that made it unusable?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Danhenge posted:

The Rogue is there so that the Wizard isn't forced to take one level in rogue and waste skill points in search and disable device just to disarm traps that he hasn't got a swiss army knife spell to deal with.

There are probably few traps that some combination of Telekinesis and Disintegrate couldn't solve, or Stone to Mud or some other fun transmutations. Or, poo poo, just send in celestial badgers.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Idran posted:

You know, I've heard this a bunch of times, but I've never really worked through the mechanics enough to understand why this is. What is it that got screwed up with the Truenamer that made it unusable?

The DC's for truenaming go up 2 points per CR (basically level for monsters), but the truenaming skill only goes up 1 point per level (slightly higher due to stat bonuses, but not by much) so truenamers fall further and further behind as the level increases. A Truenamer who focuses on absolutely maxing out his skill ends up with a 50/50 shot of hitting equal CR enemies with the first use of an utterance (utterances go up in DC by 2 every time they are used in a day), and if he faces any higher CR enemies the chance of effecting them is even lower Also most of the utterances are really bad, and they are all single target, so even in the situations where the truenamer can reliably effect enemies (i.e. when facing lots of lower powered creatures) they are still ineffective.

Piell fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 31, 2011

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005

Ferrinus posted:

There are probably few traps that some combination of Telekinesis and Disintegrate couldn't solve, or Stone to Mud or some other fun transmutations. Or, poo poo, just send in celestial badgers.

a high dc purely mechanical trap made of adamantine enclosed in an antimagic field? presume you didn't pack enough orbs or you're already expecting to fight a gauntlet of golems once you've pass the thrap

edit: wait, you've already probably brought along a bunch of adamantine weapons so you can violent thrust the golems to death, i give up

Danhenge fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 31, 2011

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ferrinus posted:

A rogue can disable devices an unlimited amount of times a day. Disintegrate and stone to mud are 6th and 5th level spells respectively. Do you understand that spells are limited or are you just being difficult?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Danhenge posted:

edit: wait, you've already probably brought along a bunch of adamantine weapons so you can violent thrust the golems to death, i give up

You don't need to disable the trap most times, just get around it. Phasing/dimension door/dozens of other movement or teleportation spells did just that.

Or give the fighter a hammer and have him burrow through the goddamn earth at half his movement speed. Power attack/mattock of the titans was a hilarious mining combo for breaking down entire goddamn walls of rock to get through a dungeon.

:smug: DM: "A mountain is in the way"
:clint: "The gently caress it is"

A rogue can disable devices an unlimited amount of times a day. Disintegrate and stone to mud are 6th and 5th level spells respectively. Do you understand that spells are limited or are you just being difficult?

Doesn't matter. You just cast a spell that literally opens up a pocket dimension and go rest. Come back fresh. The traps are still gonna be there in 6 hours.

E: You're also forgetting about the numerous magic items the wizard has on his person to help him either replicate or recall spells. And the magic items the rest of the party has. And the rest of the wizard's magic items that the fighter is carrying around for the wizard in a sack.

crime fighting hog fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 31, 2011

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Danhenge posted:

a high dc purely mechanical trap made of adamantine enclosed in an antimagic field? presume you didn't pack enough orbs or you're already expecting to fight a gauntlet of golems once you've pass the thrap

Welcome to hell. Welcome to hell. Welcome to hell. Welcome to h

Who cares? Replace the rogue with another wizard and when you're done disabling traps you'll still have half a wizard left (assuming you were really wasteful) in the rogue's place, and that's worth ten rogues in an encounter that's actually challenging.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Ferrinus posted:

Welcome to hell. Welcome to hell. Welcome to hell. Welcome to h

Who cares? Replace the rogue with another wizard and when you're done disabling traps you'll still have half a wizard left (assuming you were really wasteful) in the rogue's place, and that's worth ten rogues in an encounter that's actually challenging.

Wow, it must be really unfun to have to DM for you or play with you.

I hope that the kitty will not die, that would be super depressing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ashenai posted:

One of the things I like the most about 4e is that it took the power range of those levels, and basically extended it over the entire 30 levels. You do miss out on all the ridiculously broken wizard duels, but on the plus side, you get to miss out on the game turning into ridiculously broken wizard duels.

That was something I both really liked and really disliked about 4e. Aside from access to new rituals, I never really felt like I was getting more powerful at higher levels beyond just hitting for bigger numbers, and even the rituals didn't have as much freedom as 3.5 versions of the effects (only being able to plane shift between known sigils in 4e compared to going to any plane in 3.5e with planeshift/gate) It removed nonsense like scry and die tactics, but felt like it limited freedom and exploration a lot without just having the dm tell you where you can go.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

CarnivorousThing posted:

Wow, it must be really unfun to have to DM for you or play with you.

He's driving at a legitimate point but not out and out saying it.

Yeah you can make 3.5 work, but why bother with all the house rules and avoiding of level 9+ like the plague when you could just use a different system that doesn't have a godawful, non-play tested, fundamentally broken foundation?

Not so surprisingly, it makes life a lot easier and doesn't detract from roleplaying at all!

True Evil Bob posted:

That was something I both really liked and really disliked about 4e. Aside from access to new rituals, I never really felt like I was getting more powerful at higher levels beyond just hitting for bigger numbers, and even the rituals didn't have as much freedom as 3.5 versions of the effects (only being able to plane shift between known sigils in 4e compared to going to any plane in 3.5e with planeshift/gate) It removed nonsense like scry and die tactics, but felt like it limited freedom and exploration a lot without just having the dm tell you where you can go.

True optimization is a bit harder in 4E, because it's less of an individual thing. It's more of a party thing, and I kind of like that. I was in a Paragon to Epic campaign and did I feel more powerful by level 20? God yes, but not just because my Barbarian was tricked out to hell and back but because of the synergy between a Thunderborn Barbarian, a Tactical Presence Warlord, and a Unity Avenger all working in concert with an Invoker clearing the way for all of us to do our Terror Trio shebang.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

True Evil Bob posted:

Yeah, this bugs me about 4e, too. It does allow for interesting adventures (even at high levels) that aren't instantly ruined by Scry, Teleport, though.

Another way of looking at it: Lord of the Rings would have been a pretty short book if the characters worked in the 3.5 style.

Boromir: "One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Gandalf: "Very true. Fortunately, I have Greater Teleport memorized. Come, Frodo. The rest of you can go take a nap or something."

The End.

What I'm saying is, there's a reason every single fantasy novel or story I can think of has only evil spellcasters, or if there are good spellcasters, they're much more like 4e than 3.5e. Powerful utility magic ruins stories, and games.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Ashenai posted:

Another way of looking at it: Lord of the Rings would have been a pretty short book if the characters worked in the 3.5 style.

Not even that. Teleport object, you don't even have to go to Mordor at all. poo poo, teleport the goddamn ring into outer space.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Can we maybe pretend we're in BSS and cut the loving millionth iteration of the same boring-rear end 3.5 vs 4/spellcasters are overpowered conversation short? As a personal favor to me?

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Not even that. Teleport object, you don't even have to go to Mordor at all. poo poo, teleport the goddamn ring into outer space.

Gandalf: "It's not in Mount Doom, but I put it in the core of the sun, will that do?"

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Post poste posted:

Gandalf: "It's not in Mount Doom, but I put it in the core of the sun, will that do?"

I was gonna say teleport can't go that far but I'm sure there's a teleport version floating around in a splatbook that let you teleport anywhere in sight. Well, I can see the sun, can't I?

Whenever people bring up 3.5 D&D I want to go play Morrowind for some reason.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

I was gonna say teleport can't go that far but I'm sure there's a teleport version floating around in a splatbook that let you teleport anywhere in sight. Well, I can see the sun, can't I?

It's floating around in core rules :3:

Teleport, Greater
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 7, Travel 7
This spell functions like teleport, except that there is no range limit and there is no chance you arrive off target. In addition, you need not have seen the destination, but in that case you must have at least a reliable description of the place to which you are teleporting. If you attempt to teleport with insufficient information (or with misleading information), you disappear and simply reappear in your original location. Interplanar travel is not possible.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So, by definition of Interplanar Travel not being possible if you're on the Prime Material you still could teleport from Forgotten Realms to Krynn if you were aware Krynn existed. Because they're planets on the same plane you see.

At level what, level 13?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ashenai posted:

Yeah, this bugs me about 4e, too. It does allow for interesting adventures (even at high levels) that aren't instantly ruined by Scry, Teleport, though.

Boromir: "One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Gandalf: "Very true. Fortunately, I have Greater Teleport memorized. Come, Frodo. The rest of you can go take a nap or something."

The End.

What I'm saying is, there's a reason every single fantasy novel or story I can think of has only evil spellcasters, or if there are good spellcasters, they're much more like 4e than 3.5e. Powerful utility magic ruins stories, and games.

I ended up enjoying both editions in different ways. 4e for the low-mid fantasy story where you're not warping reality but you manage to survive long enough to go from killing kobolds to challenging demigods, but I still enjoy the high level spellcasting arms race in 3e, aside from martial classes becoming obsolete at high level without homebrew/houserules/etc. Our groups did always ban Rope Trick though to avoid having a safe way of turning the game into a 15 minute workday too easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Ashenai posted:

It's worth noting that even Exalted, in which players are expected to make earth-shattering God-Kings doesn't have a "teleport spell." And why should it? Most of the fun in roleplaying games is in the journey.