Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Zohn posted:

Oh, I'm not disagreeing with you at all. The PA guys basically act like assholes in order to purposely derail the show because of a perceived slight, and I find the end result absolutely entertaining.

Yeah, considering how it was buried, when I finally heard it I was surprised how listenable it was. If I didn't know the history I would have just assumed it was another show with guests who didn't match the tone of the show (see: The Uhh Yeah Dude episode). Of course, I also don't know why you would have someone on your comedy podcast who you've never really met before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

New Earwolf site is up. Featuring a Mon-Fri BOB DUCCA podcast, and a 1940s themed podcast, which I am kind of pumped for.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
That guy who dresses weird has a mental illness. You pretty much have to if you dress like that and think you look like anything but a weirdo.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Am I missing something, or are there no RSS links on the new Earwolf site?

Edit: Found them on other shows, I guess they're just not up yet for the new ones. If anyone wants them:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/affirmationnation
http://feeds.feedburner.com/applesisters

TransatlanticFoe fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 31, 2011

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
I like the PA thing, if only because I think we all have had a meeting get hosed up and wanted to go 'ok, now I get to just ruin your time in return', and they had a mic for it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

New Earwolf site is up. Featuring a Mon-Fri BOB DUCCA podcast, and a 1940s themed podcast, which I am kind of pumped for.

I kind of wish Affirmation Nation was a weekly 15 minute thing instead of 5 3 minute ones, but I will still be subscribing.

Dustin1986
Jul 13, 2006
Bob can't talk continuously for more than 3 minutes at a time. His throat will start to swell up again. Like a bullfrog.

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

New Earwolf site is up. Featuring a Mon-Fri BOB DUCCA podcast

YES!!

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Zohn posted:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jnxmmm2jrmm

For everyone else who has an irrational hate of Jesse Thorn, may I present to you the lost episode of Jordan, Jesse, Go. Basically in a nutshell, last year the Penny-Arcade guys were on a book tour and were told they were going to be interviewed by "the Sound of Young America guy". So they show up to Jesse Thorns house, are forced to wait with him an hour before Jordan shows up, and what follows is one of the most venomous and awkward hours in podcasting history.

At this point accounts vary, but basically from what I understand Gabe and Tycho called him out on being unprofessional and such, Jesse Thorn refused to release the episode citing quality reasons, then briefly put it up to calm the forum flamers, then pulled it again, and then finally Thorn and Gabe and Tycho all sort of washed their hands of the thing and moved on with their lives.

That was great! I was expecting something way worse than what this was. I've seen a lot of the PA guys at PAX and on PATV and have listened to JJGO quite a bit and both parties can be quite awkward. I think if they had met eachother beforehand they may have hit it off better. I don't think the episode was as bad as Jesse made it out to be. Their senses of humor didn't quite match up, but there were definitely overlaps. I also think that the comics and comments by Gabe and Tycho are just funny, we've seen pictures of Jesse and heard how he acts, I too would make fun of him for comedy sake...

The only real terrible thing about that show was Jesse talking about someone dying at the end, I had to turn it off because it was a real downer and that's not why I listen to this stuff.

ElCondemn fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 31, 2011

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Has anyone been able to get on it reliably? Its giving 500 errors all morning for me. The forum appears to be built on Wordpress which may not be the best idea considering how often WP sites barf under traffic loads. I hope they figure that out.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I'm getting 500 errors as well. When I manage to get on the site, half of the images won't load so it's really difficult to tell what shows I am clicking on. When I manage to find one I want, the MP3s I want to download give me errors on SoundCloud, saying that the track doesn't exist or is private.

Not so great so far, guys!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ALFbrot posted:

I'm getting 500 errors as well. When I manage to get on the site, half of the images won't load so it's really difficult to tell what shows I am clicking on. When I manage to find one I want, the MP3s I want to download give me errors on SoundCloud, saying that the track doesn't exist or is private.

Not so great so far, guys!

I follow podcasts via RSS and whenever they made the switch they spat out a bunch of old shows so it looks like I've got 50ish new Comedy Bang Bang and Sklarbro Country shows. It kind of sucks because they don't seem to be in order and they're all dated 17 hours ago. Of course on the other hand they're free so I'm not very upset about it.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Tom Scharpling tweeted that Marc Maron will be in studio for tonight's Best Show. Should be interesting considering a lot of people think Maron and Scharpling have some sort of beef

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Tom Scharpling tweeted that Marc Maron will be in studio for tonight's Best Show. Should be interesting considering a lot of people think Maron and Scharpling have some sort of beef

On the last Best Show, Scharpling was pretty complimentary towards Maron and also has been on his show, so those people are probably wrong.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Sharpling is going be on WTF live tomorrow, too. I'll be there. Hooray for me.

WED 6/1: 9pm Doors / (Late Show) / SOLD OUT!!!
WTF WITH MARC MARON
Featuring:
Wyatt Cenac
Sam Lipsyte
Tom Scharpling
Horatio Sanz
Kevin Allison

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Scott said on twitter that all the new traffic is messing up their servers and it should be fixed soon.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I just put up the new Those drat Ross Kids and my brother says that it's the worst thing we've ever done. I'm putting it up here to prove him wrong, because I like it.

Check it. http://www.thosedamnrosskids.com/2011/05/31/episode-29-30ft-high-club/

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

King Lou posted:

WED 6/1: 9pm Doors / (Late Show) / SOLD OUT!!!
WTF WITH MARC MARON
Featuring:
Wyatt Cenac
Sam Lipsyte
Tom Scharpling
Horatio Sanz
Kevin Allison

I have to say, I'm glad we had to get tickets to the early show, but both guest lists are pretty awesome.

WED 6/1: 7pm Doors / $10 / (Early Show) - SOLD OUT!
WTF WITH MARC MARON
Featuring:
Jonathan Katz
Will Arnett
Judy Gold
Marina Franklin
Keith Robinson

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

I think at this point in the thread we've all come to accept that Maron thinks he has a beef with everyone he's ever met and the other person is usually completely unaware of it.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Best Show is off to a pretty rocky start for Tom. Hopefully Maron doesn't cause him to go full-blown meltdown WTF style

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Maron announcing that he has come back to Jersey City, NJ to spawn and die. Like a salmon. Amazing.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

drat Sam Sedar is going nuts on Best Show

Iananan
May 3, 2007

Portrait of the Artist as a Grump
Where are the goddamn sasquatching pictures, hardwick. WHERE ARE THEY?

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Holy moley. Thanks guys - I'm now hooked on MBMBAM. I honestly didn't really care for Bramblepelt (aside from the one bit), but Spaghettageddon got me in. I had to try my hardest not to look like a crazy person on the bus because I was dying laughing at the chinchilla names bit (and later Peepums Nasty Gum).

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

So I have some money and I want to buy a season of Never Not Funny but I noticed the guests don't start showing up till Season 2. Would I be missing much if I went straight to season 2?

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.

Mogambo posted:

Peepums Nasty Gum

Ahem... Peepums Nasteegum.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I really wish Earwolf had a streamlined podcast channel like Slate where I could just get a new pod daily from 1 source in itunes.

What are these pies
Jul 22, 2008

Mogambo posted:

Holy moley. Thanks guys - I'm now hooked on MBMBAM. I honestly didn't really care for Bramblepelt (aside from the one bit), but Spaghettageddon got me in. I had to try my hardest not to look like a crazy person on the bus because I was dying laughing at the chinchilla names bit (and later Peepums Nasty Gum).

I'm glad there's a bunch of new MBMBaM converts in this thread! Travis's Cosmo discussion this week was brilliant. And next week is their first show of a new month, and you know what THAT means...

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
I literally just marathoned all the MBMBAM, I regret nothing. I think I lost my poo poo hardest at the 'warrior cat' names, just randomly busting out the name sin such an orderly manner was great.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

So I have some money and I want to buy a season of Never Not Funny but I noticed the guests don't start showing up till Season 2. Would I be missing much if I went straight to season 2?

I went through season 1 last, but ended up enjoying it a fair deal thanks to third baseman Mike Schmidt. If you like NNF, you'll probably want to go through it eventually but can safely leave it for last if that suits you.

Decline
Apr 20, 2001

steal your face
That was an absolutely stunning Best Show last night. It was quite different from the usual Scharpling offering but it was really great!

What did other listeners make of the Sam Seder call? I kept flip-flopping between thinking it was a shoot or a work. I thought it was a work at the end but some of the other comments Maron made steered me towards thinking it was a shoot.

Anyways, great episode. Tom did a fantastic job interviewing Maron. You could hear their bond strengthening and I found it very enlightening/helped reshape my opinion of Maron. The final segment with Marc, Tom, and Mike was fantastic.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Decline posted:

That was an absolutely stunning Best Show last night. It was quite different from the usual Scharpling offering but it was really great!

What did other listeners make of the Sam Seder call? I kept flip-flopping between thinking it was a shoot or a work. I thought it was a work at the end but some of the other comments Maron made steered me towards thinking it was a shoot.

Anyways, great episode. Tom did a fantastic job interviewing Maron. You could hear their bond strengthening and I found it very enlightening/helped reshape my opinion of Maron. The final segment with Marc, Tom, and Mike was fantastic.

I also thought it was amazing. My favorite part was Tom getting on Marc for digging at Chris Hardwick.

"You didn't have to do that you know...."

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

King Lou posted:

I will also be there!

:hfive:

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
My favorite podcast, Vomitus Prime, closed shop. I am a sad panda.

:smith:

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004

Bo-Pepper posted:

I will also be there!

:hfive:

Thanks for saying hello at the show! Sorry we didn't get to talk for more than that awkward moment but then again what's more appropriate than awkwardness when Goons meet.

The show, although starting almost 30 mins late was actually really great. I was really impressed that Maron was able to pull out of the Wyatt Cenak spiral to end the show on an up note. I laughed my rear end off.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

King Lou posted:

Thanks for saying hello at the show! Sorry we didn't get to talk for more than that awkward moment but then again what's more appropriate than awkwardness when Goons meet.

The show, although starting almost 30 mins late was actually really great. I was really impressed that Maron was able to pull out of the Wyatt Cenak spiral to end the show on an up note. I laughed my rear end off.

Was just about to comment that the early show ran a lot later than expected, probably because the a/c was broken for the first half hour we were in the room, which lead to a lot of bitching, mostly by Marc, though some of the comedians mentioned it.
Everyone was funny, I can't wait to see how it's edited, it ran really long. And Will Arnet talked about the Arrested Development movie for a hot second.

Also, lots of people brought cupcakes and cakes and things like that for him. And there was a long talk about Jewyness, which is always fun.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

King Lou posted:

Thanks for saying hello at the show! Sorry we didn't get to talk for more than that awkward moment

That's better than when I had lunch with Lou and he jizzed in my burger. Talk about awkward.

A Fistful of Dicks
Jan 8, 2011
Took me a while to warm up to Brian Redban on the Joe Rogan podcast, but I'm starting to like him as a second or third mike. That said, I'm surprised the "Deathsquad" podcast he does with Ari Shaffir and Sam Tripoli hasn't had more of a mention in this thread. It's still a bit unpolished, but in terms of comedic quality, it's not bad and blows some other popular podcasts out of the water.

Not a ringing endorsement, I know, but I've only recently started listening to the Deathsquad podcasts myself. As I pick up more, I'm sure I'll have more better-er things to say. Also going to check out Little Esther's podcast, too.

edit: Also, I've been listening to Walking the Room with Greg Behrendt and Dave Anthony. It's hilarious; very good rapport between Dave and Greg and pretty funny, obscene riffing. It's also apparently one of Patton Oswalt's favorite podcasts, and he makes frequent appearances on it (and he always kills). My *only* problem with it is Dave Anthony's voice and laugh bugs the ever-loving-gently caress out of me -- I can acknowledge that there's absolutely nothing objectively wrong with his voice (hell, I also listen to Greg Proops's podcast without hesitation and his voice isn't exactly melodic), it just cuts right through me like nails on a chalkboard for some reason. If you listen to it, be warned that the show includes some of it's own vocabulary, including the term 'hobotang' as a reference to Dave's white trash, ape-like neighbors who steal oranges from another neighbor's yard, and 'corndoggin' which means inserting one's arm up to the elbow in a man's anus.

A Fistful of Dicks fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 2, 2011

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

You'd be missing Mike Schmidt :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What I learned from this weeks Who Charted: There comes a time in every man's life when he has to tell a mermaid to step off.

• Locked thread