Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001
One big change from the last major revision of 1.13 is that mercs with low leadership can't train militia. It makes sense, but if you're used to having Ira and/or Flo as early trainers, you may want to tweak the militia training settings in the INI. I tweaked it mostly because I didn't want to blow a week getting Ira's leadership up to the point where she can improve it herself with militia training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

CaptainWinky posted:

One big change from the last major revision of 1.13 is that mercs with low leadership can't train militia. It makes sense, but if you're used to having Ira and/or Flo as early trainers, you may want to tweak the militia training settings in the INI. I tweaked it mostly because I didn't want to blow a week getting Ira's leadership up to the point where she can improve it herself with militia training.
... didn't Ira have Expert Teaching, primarily useful for, er... training militia? Does she have something else now?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Zereth posted:

... didn't Ira have Expert Teaching, primarily useful for, er... training militia? Does she have something else now?

She's not an expert, but she has Teaching and Paramedic, and an innate bonus to militia training for being a native. And she can't train militia unless someone trains her in leadership first. Yeah, it's pretty dumb.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
I'm frequently surprised by how much I still enjoy this game but I have to say I'm a little tired of playing the same maps over and over. I never tried Unfinished Business or Wildfire because the word seemed to be that they weren't very good. Wasn't someone remaking the original maps or something? What are my options if I only want to stick with the 1.13 improvements?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Dominic White posted:

Gunslinger build story.

I started a build like this because of this post. Jesus, it's like I'm a god of death. I am shooting people that are beyond my guns range and I still nail them. I just killed like 10 people by hiding behind the 2 rocks in the middle of Drassen's mine with only a .38 special.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Orgone Accumulator posted:

I'm frequently surprised by how much I still enjoy this game but I have to say I'm a little tired of playing the same maps over and over. I never tried Unfinished Business or Wildfire because the word seemed to be that they weren't very good. Wasn't someone remaking the original maps or something? What are my options if I only want to stick with the 1.13 improvements?

There's a version of 1.13 that basically just takes the Wildfire map and a few specific features like I think some of the craftable items, and puts them into the 1.13 engine. It's not nearly as brutally unforgiving as original Wildfire was, and has the much better map. Someone else will have to link it though, because I'm not sure where that thread is on the bear pit.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My only qualm with gunslingers is that it's so agonizing trying to decide what to give up when you really, really want Ambidextrous, both levels of Gunslinger, and Athletic (Athletic is ridiculously good period, but when you've got relatively short range the difference is amazing.)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Orgone Accumulator posted:

Install this. It was linked a few pages ago, but originally had a couple of bugs that dissuaded people from downloading it. Those bugs have since been fixed, and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Basically, install it over your install of 1.13. The first three things you'll notice are:

1. The maps are like ten times better than the vanilla maps and actually make sense.

2. The game plays at a much higher resolution.

3. You can go select various kits when you recruit members from MERC. No more mercenaries deploying with a .38 and a pocket knife.

There are other changes too, including Smeagol's Item mod, but it's basically the same 1.13 at its core.

Oh. Well then. Carry on.
VVVVVVV

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jun 1, 2011

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I've played AIMNAS before, and while it is certainly pretty good, I don't think it has anything to do with game resolution. It might just have the ja2.ini resolution default to 1024x768 instead of 800x600, but that is changeable in vanilla easily enough.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001
My only beef with the Wildfire maps is that so many of them have shitloads of closed crates. So in order to make sure you get all the goodies after taking the sector, you have to spend 10 minutes having someone with a crowbar and/or lockpick go through them all. There is one upside to that: wisdom gets trained when a merc opens a crate and finds items. I had Maddog do the crate-work and he gained about 10 points of wisdom which he could definitely use.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

It looks like the current version of AIMNAS isn't compatible with NCTH either, which is a big downer in my book. That is probably one of the best new improvements. It doesn't sound like it is going to happen either, looking at the thread. This is the modmaker's response to somebody saying they would like AIMNAS and NCTH.

smeagol posted:

Then make your own sub-mod... I'm not into NCTH business!

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

CaptainWinky posted:

My only beef with the Wildfire maps is that so many of them have shitloads of closed crates. So in order to make sure you get all the goodies after taking the sector, you have to spend 10 minutes having someone with a crowbar and/or lockpick go through them all. There is one upside to that: wisdom gets trained when a merc opens a crate and finds items. I had Maddog do the crate-work and he gained about 10 points of wisdom which he could definitely use.

There are a lot of crates/lockers/etc to clear on the WildFire maps. It is slightly annoying, but even better than the wisdom gains are the constant strength gains. Forget that lockpick and crowbar method. Everyone takes turns kicking crates/lockers open. By the time we're plotting an attack on Alma even Dr. Q is buff as poo poo.

The new minimum leadership to train militia thing isn't so bad for Ira and Dimitri, they get their leadership up high enough to at least start fast. It really makes Biff and Flo as useless as Gumpy.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

chairface posted:

There are a lot of crates/lockers/etc to clear on the WildFire maps. It is slightly annoying, but even better than the wisdom gains are the constant strength gains. Forget that lockpick and crowbar method. Everyone takes turns kicking crates/lockers open. By the time we're plotting an attack on Alma even Dr. Q is buff as poo poo.
I use Ira to open most crates, doors, and lockers in vanilla to get her strength to an acceptable level. But I use a crowbar...does regular kicking train strength faster than prying?

quote:

The new minimum leadership to train militia thing isn't so bad for Ira and Dimitri, they get their leadership up high enough to at least start fast. It really makes Biff and Flo as useless as Gumpy.
Gumpy starts out bad like most MERCs, but his ridiculous wisdom means you can turn him into a badass fairly fast. Flo has almost as good wisdom so I got a good laugh out of making her a hardcore sniper in one of my old games and having her nearly orgasm over all the headshots she was getting.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The new trait system gave Flo Scout. Which means she's actually useful even when her attributes are atrocious.

This is a crime against humanity.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Filthy Monkey posted:

It looks like the current version of AIMNAS isn't compatible with NCTH either, which is a big downer in my book. That is probably one of the best new improvements. It doesn't sound like it is going to happen either, looking at the thread. This is the modmaker's response to somebody saying they would like AIMNAS and NCTH.

I'm confused, now. The link I provided a few posts earlier is from Tais, which basically introduces the WF maps and Smeagol's Inventory mod, as well as makes a few adjustments to MERC (like the multiple kit choices on the hiring menu.) I haven't had any issues so far, and the NCTH system appears to be working fine, so I'm assuming AIMNAS isn't part of this package, correct? And while we're at it, NAS is obsolete, anyway, since the newest version of 1.13 already uses an updated attachment system (no more of that 4-attachment-max), right?

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Warning, cheaty stuff ahead. I've been playing the game a long time and don't use most of this stuff, but it is there.

If you want to train strength, there have always been cheesy ways to do it. Load up a quantum singularity backpack and issue a move order, then cancel it. You don't even need to advance time. Just issue the order and they can gain strength.

There is an old duplication bug in the game too, and I am pretty sure it has never been fixed. You can use it to copy things like rod and spring attachments, which aren't that common. Go to a shop. Put the item to duplicate in your second slot, like where you would put a second pistol if you were duel wielding them. Mark the item to be sold. Take a two handed gun, and move it to your main gun slot. This will put the item which was in your second slot in your hand. Stow the item somewhere safe in your inventory. Popping the item out of your hand doesn't remove it out of the store's 'to sell' window though. Remove the item from the sale window, and that is your second duplicated copy.

Most people probably know this one for escaping patrols. Say you are entering a sector from the north, and want to leave it from the south. There are a bunch of enemies in the sector though, and you don't want to fight them. Enter in one of the north corners, and then immediately exit the map to the east or west. This will pop you back out to the navigation screen. Right click the movement order of your mercs to undo it. This will place you back into combat, but approaching from the east or the west instead of the north. Place yourself in the appropriate southern corner, and exit the map to the south unmolested.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'm confused, now. The link I provided a few posts earlier is from Tais, which basically introduces the WF maps and Smeagol's Inventory mod, as well as makes a few adjustments to MERC (like the multiple kit choices on the hiring menu.) I haven't had any issues so far, and the NCTH system appears to be working fine, so I'm assuming AIMNAS isn't part of this package, correct? And while we're at it, NAS is obsolete, anyway, since the newest version of 1.13 already uses an updated attachment system (no more of that 4-attachment-max), right?
The exe you linked is SCI_AIMNASv19_r4452_28052011.exe, so I am pretty sure AIMNAS is a part of that package. You are correct that the NAS part of the name is obsolete now, but it most certainly still contains plenty of additional items. Mind you, I haven't actually tried AIMNAS since the new version came out, but everything in the current thread says that NCTH isn't supported. All of the new items would take work to update to NCTH, and that work hasn't been done. Are you sure you are using NCTH? Can you do things like aimed burst/auto fire?

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jun 1, 2011

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Couple of questions about the new skills:

Gunslinger is all about the pistols, and in previous versions of 1.13 pistols were absolutely worthless because you had to be within spitting distance to do anything at all. Has this changed now / does the Gunslinger skill itself change it?

Which is better for being a crack shot with Assault Rifles, Machinegunner or Sniper? Machinegunner gives +to hit with assault rifles which is good plus the reduced recoil, but the +10% per aim click that Sniper gives looks incredibly tasty plus the damage bonus per aim click.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

Ewar Woowar posted:

This time I think I'll just use my IMP and Len. I find it odd whenever everyone goes on about the best merc no one mentions Len. For me he is probably one of the best rounded mercs available plus he's the perfect team mate with his squadleader ability.
Probably because, at least in vanilla, he was unable to gain any skillpoints at all.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
If you think some of the trait assignments for mercs are kind of dumb, you can easily change them by opening \Data-1.13\TableData\mercprofiles.xml in a text editor and assigning whichever ones you want. I changed Buns to Marksman/Paramedic/Teacher because it better fit her biography. You might have to restart the game for them to take effect though, I'm not sure.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
drat, now I want to start a new playthrough but I'm torn between doing a full auto machine gunner and also doing a John Woo dual-wielder.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

CaptainWinky posted:

Flo has almost as good wisdom so I got a good laugh out of making her a hardcore sniper in one of my old games and having her nearly orgasm over all the headshots she was getting.

After I take Chitzena this will be my new gimmick mission.

CaptainWinky
Jun 13, 2001

Lemon Curdistan posted:

drat, now I want to start a new playthrough but I'm torn between doing a full auto machine gunner and also doing a John Woo dual-wielder.

Make two IMPs and do both. Or make one machinegunner IMP and enable the MERC_WEBSITE settings in the INI so you can hire Tex right away. :)

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Time for my first big buy at Bobby Ray's. So many guns, so little time... :psyduck:

I'm thinking an Ares Shrike for Ice, SR-25 for my sniper IMP, HK 417 for Buns. Poor Barry is getting a hand-me-down C7 or FAL OSW. :saddowns:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I only had about $2K after liberating the Drassen airstrip thanks to outfitting a full squad in the start. Got Igor an M4 Super Benelli.

I'll have plenty of time to gently caress around with bombs and cannons from the midgame on, so gently caress, I'll take advantage of buckshot for the only time in the game it's a viable upgrade. :colbert:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
I'm pretty sure I tried that AIMNAS download link a few pages back cus I love me some Wildfire maps and I ran into the problem that all weapons with autofire have 0 drift on both the horizontal and vertical axis, so either the whole burst hits, or not a single bullet hits. I'm sure there's other issues as well. It's unfortunate cus I really like those maps but I also want to try out the new aiming system.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Last I played Tais' SCI, the tanks were completely broken and didnt engage anyone.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Burns posted:

Last I played Tais' SCI, the tanks were completely broken and didnt engage anyone.

His beta SCIs have been the same outdated versions for months.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

sean10mm posted:

Time for my first big buy at Bobby Ray's. So many guns, so little time... :psyduck:

I'm thinking an Ares Shrike for Ice, SR-25 for my sniper IMP, HK 417 for Buns. Poor Barry is getting a hand-me-down C7 or FAL OSW. :saddowns:

Speaking of BRs, what setting to you guys like to use for it? I tend to use either Great or Excellent. It makes it so that things sold by BRs and Tony/Devin are higher coolness than things dropped by enemies, so it makes it worthwhile to actually buy guns rather than just relying on stuff I find. Especially since I play with enemies drop all items on, so I get every gun they're using.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I'm doing a two-IMP playthrough with those two character types and it's glorious. The gunslinger is up over 80 marksmanship (he started at 70) and I haven't even taken Drassen SAM yet, he just fires so many bullets that the skill skyrockets.

I'm really liking NCTH so far. It just feels like it makes a lot more sense than the old system. One of my favorite things is watching my machinegunner walk bullets onto a target during auto fire. He doesn't even have a real MG yet and he's tearing up the place.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

CaptainWinky posted:

I use Ira to open most crates, doors, and lockers in vanilla to get her strength to an acceptable level. But I use a crowbar...does regular kicking train strength faster than prying?

Gumpy starts out bad like most MERCs, but his ridiculous wisdom means you can turn him into a badass fairly fast. Flo has almost as good wisdom so I got a good laugh out of making her a hardcore sniper in one of my old games and having her nearly orgasm over all the headshots she was getting.

Kicking em open seems to help raise strength faster. I mostly do it because otherwise I break crowbars/rambo knives pretty fast.

As far as Gumpy, even good wisdom doesn't help because the fucker sleeps all the time. He doesn't stay awake long enough to accomplish anything.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
I've had Jagged Alliance for a while now but was never able to get 1.13 working until now. I'm having some fun, but I can't help but feel like I'm terrible at it.

1) Do backpacks make my guys move more slowly in combat? I notice Ira moves faster than anyone else, even at full weight capacity and the only difference is she doesn't have a backpack.

2) How do I claim San Mona and is it even worth it?

3) Are there any newbie guides out there just on basic tactics/clearing a sector? When I got a bunch of militia behind me it's easy, but taking out a place with just IMP mercs is getting the best of me.

4) Early/Midgame spoiler I guess Once Deidranna's chief scientist goes missing is there a time limit for me finding him? Anyone got any hints on where I should look?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Thompsons posted:

I've had Jagged Alliance for a while now but was never able to get 1.13 working until now. I'm having some fun, but I can't help but feel like I'm terrible at it.

1) Do backpacks make my guys move more slowly in combat? I notice Ira moves faster than anyone else, even at full weight capacity and the only difference is she doesn't have a backpack.

3) Are there any newbie guides out there just on basic tactics/clearing a sector? When I got a bunch of militia behind me it's easy, but taking out a place with just IMP mercs is getting the best of me.

4) Early/Midgame spoiler I guess Once Deidranna's chief scientist goes missing is there a time limit for me finding him? Anyone got any hints on where I should look?

1. Backpacks and combat packs are different and usually can't be worn together. Be sure you're talking about backpacks specifically. There's a hotkey to drop all backpacks that a lot of folks use upon initiation of hostilities, and they figure the stuff in backpacks (tool kits, etc) they'll pick back up after the fight.

2. San Mona is run by Kingpin, you cannot "claim" it in that you will never train militia there and never have an income from its mine. You can steal Kingpin's money out of the mine, however. He'll send assassins after you thereafter unless/until you go kill him. A lot of people favor NOT killing Kingpin at least until they've won the fighting championship in San Mona, which you cannot do if you are hostile to Kingpin's forces.

3. The single biggest tip I can give a newbie is COVER. Even a guy shooting around a corner or hiding behind bullshit like a rock or a trashcan lasts a lot longer in combat that someone in the open, even prone. Also don't be afraid to go prone, particularly if you're in good cover. Aside from that, another worthwhile tip for newbies is to actually USE suppression fire. Sure, you can't hit that guy from here with your SMG, but he doesn't KNOW that, and if you magdump autofire at him, he'll get his head down and not shoot at you so much. Meanwhile you can have a buddy flank the foe(s) you have suppressed.

4. No time limit that I'm aware of on the scientist. You'll find him in a barn in some sector. I think there's a list of only a few sectors he can show up in, but you'll find him eventually. Uh, he's not good for much besides giving you a lovely robot and even that's a pretty big hassle.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Thompsons posted:

Crouch/lie down to minimize your profile and up your accuracy, press END to see useful cover and [L]ook in a direction you're already looking in to raise your gun in advance. Where are you having trouble, exactly?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Thompsons posted:

Yes, backpacks slow mercs down. Use shift-b to drop all backpacks when entering combat and ctrl-shift-f to pick them up and sort sector inventory afterward.

Thompsons posted:

You can't capture San Mona or reactivate the mine.

Thompsons posted:

Move slowly, keep your mercs behind cover, and never send a merc out alone when you don't know where the enemy is. Using burst or full auto fire is extremely effective even at range now, if it doesn't kill the enemy it will at least suppress them which reduces their AP.

Thompsons posted:

There's no time limit and honestly I don't even bother most of the time but you can look east or west of Alma, west of Cambria, south of San Mona.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Thanks for the help, guys. I wasn't expecting a response so quickly.

scamtank posted:

Crouch/lie down to minimize your profile and up your accuracy, press END to see useful cover and [L]ook in a direction you're already looking in to raise your gun in advance. Where are you having trouble, exactly?

To me, it just feels like my guys aren't hitting a whole lot at medium distances, even my marksman IMP dude with his bolt-action seems to only hit things marginally better than the others. All my IMPs have the max default marksmanship, is it just one of those games where suppression fire is more dominant than single shots?

I can't remember exactly what they're equipped with but I have one guy with an RPK, another with a G36C, and the rest have SMGs and rifles.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

You won't hit anything at medium to long range without scoped rifles and high marksmanship. But with quality 4X scoped weapons and 80+ marksmanship you should be able to score body shots pretty far out with good success.

You won't really be routinely making head shots at long distance without a long range rifle with a high power scope, a merc with high marksmanship and the marksman/sniper trait. But a properly spec'ed merc with a sniper rifle is devastating and will get routine 1 hit kills right to the end of the game with any of the 7.62 sniper weapons.

Automatic weapons get a lot better with the auto weapons/machinegunner trait, but anybody can suppress effectively with them. Foregrips, bipods (if you lie down first) and lasers all really help with autofire.

Scopes above 4X have REALLY BIG penalties when used at shorter ranges unless you use the fix I posted earlier. I mean, crazy punitive.

EDIT: I don't think I've seen this posted here, so here is the full trait list:

MAJOR TRAITS

(can have one on expert or two different; numbers are doubled for experts if not said otherwise)

AUTO WEAPONS -> MACHINEGUNNER : (mrk 45-60, str 40-55, dex 50-65, hlt 45-60)
* +5% Chance to Hit with Assault Rifles, SMGs and LMGs
* -30% penalty to chance to hit on auto fire/burst
* Reduces chance for shooting unwanted bullets on autofire
* -10% APs needed to fire light machine guns
* -10% APs needed to ready light machine guns
HEAVY WEAPONS -> BOMBARDIER : (str 45-60, wis 55-70, exp 35-50, dex 45-60)
* +25% chance to hit with rocket launchers and grenade launchers (even underbarrel)
* -20% APs needed to fire rocket launchers and grenade launchers (even underbarrel)
* -10% APs needed to fire mortar
* Reduce penalty for mortar CtH by half (penalty is set to 60% by default)
* +30% damage to tanks with heavy weapons, grenades and explosives
* +15% damage to other targets with heavy weapons
MARKSMAN -> SNIPER : (mrk 65-80, dex 55-70, wis 50-65 )
* +5% Chance to Hit with Sniper Rifles
* -5% effective range to target with all weapons
* +10% aiming bonus per aim click (except for handguns)
* +5% damage on shot per aim click after third
* -25% APs needed to chamber a round with bolt-action rifles
* Adds one more aim click for rifle-type guns (max is eight)
HUNTER -> RANGER : (mrk 55-70, agi 45-60, hlt 55-70, ldr 35-50)
* +5% Chance to Hit with Rifles
* +10% Chance to Hit with Shotguns
* -25% APs needed to pump Shotguns
* +20% group travelling speed between sectors if traveling by foot
* +10% group travelling speed between sectors if traveling in vehicle (except helicopter)
* -30% less energy spent for travelling between sectors
* -50% weather penalties
* -50% worn out speed of camouflage by water or time (i.e. experts have permanent camo)
GUNSLINGER -> GUNFIGHTER : (mrk 55-70, dex 50-65, agi 50-65)
* +10% chance to hit with pistols and revolvers
* +5% chance to hit with machine pistols (on single shots only)
* +5% aiming bonus per click with pistols, machine pistols and revolvers
* +15% firing speed with pistols and revolvers
* +10% effective range with pistols and revolvers
* -15% APs needed to raise pistols and revolvers
* +25% reload speed of pistols, machine pistols and revolvers
* Adds one more aim click for pistols, machine pistols and revolvers
HAND TO HAND -> MARTIAL ARTS : (dex 55-70, agi 55-70, str 50-65, hlt 45-60)
* +30% chance to hit with hand to hand attacks with bare hands
* +25% chance to hit with hand to hand attacks with brass knuckles
* -15% AP cost of hand to hand attacks(bare hands or with brass knuckles)
* +30% damage of hand to hand attacks(bare hands or with brass knuckles)
* +30% breath damage of hand to hand attacks(bare hands or with brass knuckles)
* enemy breath lost due to your HtH attacks takes much longer to regenerate
* Focused (aimed) punch deals +75% damage (spinning kick in case of regular merc)
* +35% change to dodge hand to hand attacks(+another 5% with bare hands or with knuckles)
* +20% chance to dodge attacks by melee blade
* -33% APs needed to steal weapon from enemy hands
* -25% APs needed to change state (stand, crouch, lie down), turn around, climb on/off roof and jump obstacles
* +25% chance to kick doors
DEPUTY -> SQUADLEADER : (ldr 50-65, wis 60-75 )
* +5% APs per round of other mercs in vicinity
* +1 effective exp level of other mercs in vicinity, which have lesser level than the squadleader
* +20% total suppression tolerance of other mercs in vicinity and squadleader himself
* +1 morale gain of other mercs in vicinity
* -1 morale loss of other mercs in vicinity
* +50% fear resistence for Squadleader (expert SL cannot cower)
(Only three bonuses can stack, i.e. for one expert squadleader and one deputy or three deputies)
(Minor Drawback: triple morale loss for squadleader's death for all other mercs.)
TECHNICIAN -> ENGINEER : (mec 45-60, expl 35-50, dex 50-65, wis 45-60)
* +30% to repairing speed
* +30% to lockpicking (normal/electronic locks)
* +40% to disarming electronic traps
* +40% to attaching special items and combining things
* +20% to unjamming a gun in combat
* Reduce penalty(which is -75%) to repair electronic items by half
* increased chance to detect traps and mines
* +10% CtH of robot controlled by Technician (it has normally -10% CtH)
* Only Technicians can repair the robot
PARAMEDIC -> DOCTOR : (med 45-60, dex 50-65, wis 55-70)
* Ability to make surgical intervention by using medical bag on wounded soldier instantly returning 30% of lost health back to him (50% with expert). This drains the medical bag a lot. (This can only be done once for every injury, the remaining HPs missing have to be regenerated normally.)
* Can heal lost stats (from critical hits) by the surgery/doctor assignment.
* +25% effectiveness (speed) on doctor-patient assignment
* +30% bandaging speed
* +15% natural regeneration speed of all soldiers in the same sector

MINOR TRAITS

(you can trade major traits for minor traits, so if not taking major trait at all, you can have three of these; if one major taken, you can have two minors; if both major taken, you can have just one minor trait; the minor traits have no expert level;)

AMBIDEXTERITY: (dex +10 / 60)
* Eliminates the penalty for using two guns at once
* +20% reload speed of all weapons with magazines
* +33% reload speed of all weapons with loose rounds or wrong magazine
* -33% APs needed for picking items, work backpack, handle doors, traps, burying/disarming bombs and mines, attaching/removing items
MELEE: (str +10 / 60 )
* -20% APs needed to attack by blades
* +40% chance to hit with blades
* +30% chance to hit with blunt melee weapons (except brass knuckles)
* +30% damage of all melee weapons (except brass knuckles)
* +30% chance to dodge attack by melee blades (+ another 20% with a blade in hands)
* +20% chance to dodge attack by blunt melee weapons
* Aimed attack by any melee weapon deals +50% damage
THROWING: (dex +10 / 60 )
* +15% max range when throwing blades
* -20% basic APs needed to throw blades
* +20% chance to hit when throwing blades
* +5% chance to hit when throwing blades per aim click
* +20% damage of throwing blades
* +5% damage of throwing blades per aim click
* +20% chance to inflict critical hit by throwing blade if not seen or heard
NIGHT OPS: (wis +10 / 60 )
* +1 to effective sight range in dark
* +1 to general effective hearing range
* +2 to effective hearing range in dark on top
* +2 to interrupts modifier in dark
* Needs to sleep less than others
STEALTHY: (agi +10 / 60)
* -50% APs needed to move quietly (does not work for 25AP system)
* +40% chance to move quietly
* +25% stealth (being "invisible" if unnoticed regardless the terrain)
* -25% reduced chance to being seen for movement
ATHLETICS: (agi +10 / 60 )
* -25% APs needed for moving (running, walking, swatting, crawling, swimming, etc.)
* -33% energy spent for movement, roof-climbing, obstacle-jumping, swimming, etc.
BODYBUILDING: (hlt +10 / 60 )
* Has 20% damage resistance
* +30% effective strength for carrying weight capacity
* Suffers only half energy loss when hit by HtH attack
* Has lesser chance to fall if hit to the legs
DEMOLITIONS: (exp + 10 / 45 )
* +20% max range when throwing grenades
* +30% chance to hit when throwing grenades
* -25% APs needed to throw grenades
* +25% damage of bombs and mines
* +50% to attaching detonators and planting/removing bombs
* Decreases chance enemy will detect bombs and mines set by ourselves
* increased chance shaped charge will open the doors
TEACHING: (ldr + 10 / 45 )
* + 40% bonus(speed) to train militia
* + 40% bonus to effective leadership for determining militia training
* + 40% bonus to teaching other mercs
* Skill value counts to be +25 higher for being able to teach this skill to other mercs
* +25% speed to train stats through self-practising assignment
SCOUTING: (wis +10 / 60 )
* +40 to effective sight range with binoculars (and scopes separated from weapons)
* +10 to effective sight range with scopes on weapons
* -20 tunnel vision with binoculars (and scopes separated from weapons)
* If in sector, adjacent sectors will show exact number of enemies
* Prevents the enemy to ambush your squad
* Prevents the bloodcats to ambush your squad

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jun 1, 2011

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Scopes above 4X have REALLY BIG penalties when used at shorter ranges unless you use the fix I posted earlier. I mean, crazy punitive.
I am not really sure I would call it a 'fix'. Part of the reason for the penalty is to keep giant scopes from being used on all of your weapons. Back with the old chance to hit, I used to just use 7x and 10x scopes on everybody for daytime combat all the time. Personally, I like the idea of the penalties for using high powered scopes at unsuitable ranges. It forces you to diversify your weapons a bit, and use a suitable weapon/scope for the range at hand.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Filthy Monkey posted:

The exe you linked is SCI_AIMNASv19_r4452_28052011.exe, so I am pretty sure AIMNAS is a part of that package. You are correct that the NAS part of the name is obsolete now, but it most certainly still contains plenty of additional items. Mind you, I haven't actually tried AIMNAS since the new version came out, but everything in the current thread says that NCTH isn't supported. All of the new items would take work to update to NCTH, and that work hasn't been done. Are you sure you are using NCTH? Can you do things like aimed burst/auto fire?

Nope, you're correct. NAS is obsolete but the package still doesn't work with NCTH, apparently (even though it uses that giant, new cursor). That can obviously be quite a dealbreaker for anybody on the fence about using the SCIs.

Orange Devil posted:

I'm pretty sure I tried that AIMNAS download link a few pages back cus I love me some Wildfire maps and I ran into the problem that all weapons with autofire have 0 drift on both the horizontal and vertical axis, so either the whole burst hits, or not a single bullet hits. I'm sure there's other issues as well. It's unfortunate cus I really like those maps but I also want to try out the new aiming system.

That's been fixed, actually.

This thread basically goes over all of the details for using these packages with the newest version of 1.13. Like I mentioned before, the mods currently don't work with NCTH, but everything else should be fine.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

I think I've mostly got a handle on it now, and the IMP traits list is certainly a big help.

One last question, though: is there a way to directly control a mobile militia's movement without having them follow a mercenary? Like a way to tell them "go right here and stay here" or are they just going to mindlessly wander around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's been fixed, actually.

This thread basically goes over all of the details for using these packages with the newest version of 1.13. Like I mentioned before, the mods currently don't work with NCTH, but everything else should be fine.

What exactly is the problem with NCTH then?