Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intelligibility
Apr 8, 2011

Get shovel!
Chapter 320 is out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
These chapters go by too quickly :negative:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm grateful they are being released on a steady pace. And hot drat, the sea battles are better each time. It's like Miura has been watching Master and Commander.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
The Evil Genius release of #320 (which has, should perhaps be noted, not been filtered into some form of abstract art) is out.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So am I the only one who reads the head pirate dude in the voice of the ghost pirate impersonator from Venture Bros? Because I just can't not do it, no matter what.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

tsob posted:

So am I the only one who reads the head pirate dude in the voice of the ghost pirate impersonator from Venture Bros? Because I just can't not do it, no matter what.

Same here. But his voice pops into my head whenever a generic pirate character speaks nowadays.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

tsob posted:

So what, are you calling that The Idea of Evil is merely David Bowie?

Actually, that would be awesome.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Ccs posted:

Yeah, SK.net is good for looking at sculpts and fanart and for getting up to date news on Berserk, but the mods are really spergy and also flip the gently caress out if anyone mentions scanlations.

Anyway 319 was pretty great, hopefully we get a good batch of episodes before the next break!

I used to go to SK.net for scans and discussion of the new episodes, but they got so weird/strict about everything that I stopped. I never did figure out why they thought posting scans and translations separately was really any better than scanlations.

It was a pretty fun place back when I joined (2002-ish). It kind of reminded me of SA and I got really popular with the mods for a while for some reason. :stare:

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. I took a break from Berserk back when the whole sea voyage thing started. I take it from the posts that they're not any closer to the island than they were when I stopped like a year ago. Same old Berserk. :)

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

#321 is out!

I like Isidro locking swords with the pirate captain again at the end.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The new chapter is nice and all, but I'm more excited about the new anime project they talked about on the first page. Do we have any new news about whether it's a new series or an OVA or something to go with the next volume?

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Centzon Totochtin posted:

The new chapter is nice and all, but I'm more excited about the new anime project they talked about on the first page. Do we have any new news about whether it's a new series or an OVA or something to go with the next volume?

It's the movie! Discussion in this thread about it starts on page 62.

Edit: Oh, I see you've posted since then so you know about it! The wording is a little vague, but I'm pretty sure it's talking about the movie. The other recent chapters say the same thing.

Kusaru fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 14, 2011

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Kusaru posted:

It's the movie! Discussion in this thread about it starts on page 62.

Edit: Oh, I see you've posted since then so you know about it! The wording is a little vague, but I'm pretty sure it's talking about the movie. The other recent chapters say the same thing.

Thanks, it turns out I've actually seen that post before and somehow managed to forget about it :downs:

Pretty excited about Studio 4°C doing it because I'm a pretty big fan of their work.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, why does Guts know so much about killing giant monsters from the inside?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why wouldn't he? The dude's been swallowed whole at least three times now.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, his name is Guts.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

He's just got ripping and tearing experience.

DoublePLayer
May 6, 2008

by Shine
I just read the whole series in about 3 days.

Here's my opinion: :stare:

Seriously though, the only thing that made me cringe while enjoying Berserk were the scanlations and the tiniest font ever when Puck was saying something. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Except one: 24th of June?!

vvvv I heard it was slow, but I only looked up how often does Young Animal come out and went 'Every two weeks isn't that slow, come on' :downs:

DoublePLayer fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jun 1, 2011

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

DoublePLayer posted:

We have long since learned to not complain when we have a definite release date. It is the "To be continued..." chapters that really drive everyone up the wall, since it usually means it will be at least 3 months before the next chapter.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

DoublePLayer posted:

Holy poo poo dude, you just ruined the rest of the series for yourself, this is like the slowest loving Manga ever!

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

DoublePLayer posted:

vvvv I heard it was slow, but I only looked up how often does Young Animal come out and went 'Every two weeks isn't that slow, come on' :downs:

Sometimes it drops to two releases a year. Think about it, you read the whole TWENTY YEARS of berserk in 3 days.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

DamnGlitch posted:

Sometimes it drops to two releases a year. Think about it, you read the whole TWENTY YEARS of berserk in 3 days.

:suicide:

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
In the mean time, there's a new-ish Berserk-like manga that's making oodles of sales and winning awards in Japan.

AND I JUST MADE A THREAD FOR IT

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3416034

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zorak posted:

In the mean time, there's a new-ish Berserk-like manga that's making oodles of sales and winning awards in Japan.

There are only ten chapters, but at least this one comes out monthly instead of whenever the hell he feels like it...ly.

edit: I just finished chapter 3, and this is fantastic. It's all very well thought out and quite compelling so far!

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 2, 2011

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Zorak posted:

Oh good, now I have two mangas that are awesome that I get to wait forever for releases.

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
322 http://somemanga.com/manga/Berserk/322/ or http://mangahead.com/index.php/Manga-English-Scan/Berserk/Berserk-322-English-Scan/01.jpg?action=big&size=original&fromthumbnail=true

Curse, next chapter is July 8 >.<

Ekallo
Oct 13, 2006
what

these
http://somemanga.com/manga/Berserk/322/

New chapter is out. Next one is July 8th so it's not much of a wait.

The sea god only has eyes on its heart so that it can see Guts tear it out. :black101:

efb

Ekallo fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 25, 2011

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
Berserk best manga

I have a feeling that when guts finally cuts into the heart we'll get another transition into the abyss or something, maybe another short encounter with god hand.

edit: ahahaha that last panel. Looks like someone's been watching the discovery channel. vampire squids, lampreys, etc

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo at the art! Half the pages have incredible amount of detail. (Not that is is rare in Berserk as it always delivers in the art side)

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
My god guys, this means we've gotten more than 3 chapters in a row with known release dates

This means he's released regularly for A THIRD OF THE YEAR. Whoah.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Zorak posted:

My god guys, this means we've gotten more than 3 chapters in a row with known release dates

When is the last time that's happened? 2007 or 2008 sometime?

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

And here's the Evil_Genius release of #322

Dare we hope to be off the island before the end of the year? I think so.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Isidro's evolving into a decent character with a considerable amount of competence, let's hope this means a double act between Isma and him and not her getting shafted by the island's monster god because of some sort of OD connection between her and the monster like all the island's previous inhabitants.

I'm sorry, but Madoka has scarred me to fear the deaths of cute little girls around every corner. :(

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah I never saw Madoka but I'm definitely getting "gonna die" vibes from Isma in that last chapter.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
when i think horrifying creatures, i think dumbo octopus

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Man, hagfish. I just google image searched weird fish and weird eel to figure out its name. Nightmare fuel.

Guts watch out! Eels have a second pairs of jaws!

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
He even drew a bunch of flying goblin sharks :3:

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Zorak posted:

He was just getting all of this year's out of the way to make room for the anime premier of Idolmaster.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Rakugoon posted:

He was just getting all of this year's out of the way to make room for the anime premier of Idolmaster.
The character designer of Idolmaster is directing the new Berserk anime. Which will be distributed by Warner Brothers.

This is true. (But it is also a-ok because Toshiyuki Kubooka was also Animation Director on motherfucking GUNBUSTER.)

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
where are they starting plot-wise though? I really hate the prospect of waiting fifteen years after the original series to be told 'gently caress it, the first season is gonna be a prologue aaaaalll over again!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I dunno how likely it is, but I would enjoy seeing Griffith singing showtunes again.