Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

geera
May 20, 2003
I was home (near Detroit) visiting my parents for the holiday weekend and heard my first ever live baba booey-ing of the local news. We were under a tornado warning so of course all the local channels were doing emergency weather reports and taking any phone call they can get from viewers out in the storm to hype things up. Some guy calls up the local NBC station and says "I'm on my way home from the lumber yard and it's raining hard and very windy. I'd also like to say, baba booey baba booey Howard Stern's penis!" Hopefully someone sent it in to Howard so it'll get played next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danden
Mar 14, 2004

geera posted:

I was home (near Detroit) visiting my parents for the holiday weekend and heard my first ever live baba booey-ing of the local news. We were under a tornado warning so of course all the local channels were doing emergency weather reports and taking any phone call they can get from viewers out in the storm to hype things up. Some guy calls up the local NBC station and says "I'm on my way home from the lumber yard and it's raining hard and very windy. I'd also like to say, baba booey baba booey Howard Stern's penis!" Hopefully someone sent it in to Howard so it'll get played next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NCtPvaQduU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Wow.

Uhm...if you guys haven't seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_tZfMdFnns

Gotta love the Ronnie impersonator.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I like the related clip of the cast and crew convincing some Asian dude they got on the set to get his dick sucked as George Takei. Oh my!

Speaking of George, I'm not sure I saw this posted. It's okay to be Takei! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkIWB3HIEs

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Howard called it:

Adrianne Curry and Christopher Knight separate

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Smeep posted:

Howard called it:

Adrianne Curry and Christopher Knight separate

I think everyone called that the minute they hooked up on that bad tv show.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Former Human posted:

I think everyone called that the minute they hooked up on that bad tv show.

I just can't find her attractive for some reason, there's something about her. Is she gonna be pulling any scratch from all this?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

chiz posted:

I just can't find her attractive for some reason, there's something about her.

Maybe its the insane crazy bitch look she always has???

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Some people never learn. You gently caress Crazy, you don't ever marry Crazy.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Bonzo posted:

Some people never learn. You gently caress Crazy, you don't ever marry Crazy.

And people could even say "do the math, she's in her twenties, he's in his fifties" but still.

She's a nut but he's stupid for entering into a CONTRACT with her. Who do you feel bad for?

Here's how it's going to go when Howard discusses it :

"So, like I said, this...Adrian Curry is divorcing Peter Brady like I said would happen"

Robin " I WAS JUST ABOUT TO S

BOOM and young JD comes in and shoots Robin in the face with a shotgun.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Gary is doing some marathon tweeting.

robertAbooey Gary Dell'Abate
Because there is no right or wrong,just opinions RT @CorvetteZR_1When Howard is clearly wrong politically why doesn't anyone call him on it

Hopefully producing something for TV RT @iesosa1029 what will you be do for a living if Howard does not renew when his contract expires?

Springsteen RT @JackRyder120 Who is the one person for your own wishes who would be you booking of a lifetime?

Right after Xmas. Spoke to his sister last week. I still check up when I can RT @mcompton428 When's the last time you talked to Artie?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

Wow.

Uhm...if you guys haven't seen it yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_tZfMdFnns

Gotta love the Ronnie impersonator.

LOL, love it. Everyone looks a little like who they are portraying, including Robin. Too much hair on the fake Robin, though.

I'm not getting all the hate for Gary's new chapter... he isn't saying anything that Artie didn't already admit to on the air. The only new part is a bit of internal dialog on his part that he has now put in print. Artie would have done the same thing to Gary for an extra chapter.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Squashy Nipples posted:

LOL, love it. Everyone looks a little like who they are portraying, including Robin. Too much hair on the fake Robin, though.

I'm not getting all the hate for Gary's new chapter... he isn't saying anything that Artie didn't already admit to on the air. The only new part is a bit of internal dialog on his part that he has now put in print. Artie would have done the same thing to Gary for an extra chapter.

For me it's the fact that it's a book based on Gary's childhood and very early experiences on the show and not a tell-all. It's a total cash grab added on to sell more copies and that's bullshit. That book was never about the show and now, to make a quick buck, it suddenly is about the show and, more importantly, other people. Gary's book reads like Robin's but this chapter is like something you'd expect in Private Parts when Howard spends a chapter on each staff member.

Regardless of it being on the show or him being along for the ride, those are Artie's stories to tell, not his. Nobody is picking up that chapter to read about Gary, they want to read about Artie and that's why it reeks of desperation on his part.

He's free to do whatever, I just consider it a scumbag move and so do many others.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

"I could put in another desert island list, the time Mary got high in Amsterdam, throw Artie under the bus, why Fred is the nicest staffer..."

"Throw Artie under the bus is the new chapter."

"Uhhh... okay book boff!"

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I went to ComicCon Phoenix this weekend and snagged all 69 episodes of the Channel Nine shows on DVD as well as the US Open Sores PPV event. I'm in loving heaven. The US Open Sores thing has tons of behind-the-scenes footage and '95 Howard & Robin commenting on the '89 PPV event and how awful it was and god I love it

Celastine playing the national anthom on the keybord with her tongue was one of the most horrifying/incredible things I've ever seen

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 1, 2011

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

There's a great image floating around an investor forum.

Thats the subscriber only channel with a max of 330 concurrent listeners in the past month from ONE server. There's a possible max of 5 servers in the BTLS/RadioIO cluster that stream from so they are in some serious trouble.

Viktor fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 1, 2011

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
SiriusXM must have really been looking to pay Bubba next to nothing for him to have jumped ship. Yikes.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
Hah, Gary is coming to Dallas this Friday for his book signing. I think I'll go.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Kelly posted:

SiriusXM must have really been looking to pay Bubba next to nothing for him to have jumped ship. Yikes.

They offered him next to nothing. I think he took a chance to get in on the ground floor with RadioIO and try something while he still had his safety net with Cox.

The problem with the uncensored show is that its hard to come up with any new material after the 4 hour syndicated show. It usually just turns into them talking about the same subjects, but with a few "fucks" thrown in there.

I think the shows where they actually do stuff like Bubba Saw will have tons more listeners....too bad they wont have to pay for it.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
That has to be a lovely feeling to know that only 67 people are listening to you. Especially compared to how many people listened to the FM show (and however many listened to the show on 101). RadioIO can't last, hell they haven't even addressed the fact that you can listen to the uncensored show for free.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I wonder how many people are regularly torrenting the uncensored show?

Probably a lot more then 67.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ugh, is anyone actually listening to Intern Week?

Seriously, aside from Stuttering John, has any intern ever provided more than 30 minutes of entertainment?

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 1, 2011

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Ether Frenzy posted:

Seriously, aside from Stuttering John, has any intern ever provided more than 30 minutes of entertainment?

The great Steve Grillo!

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

tob shailf liggga

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Ether Frenzy posted:

Gange, Benjy, Brandano and Jason were all interns at one point. It's hard to say whether or not they have entertained anyone.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
I think KC started as an intern too. He was great.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ether Frenzy posted:

Medicated Pete was always funny.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Stuttering Vic had a good run, if brief.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

sedative posted:

I think KC started as an intern too. He was great.

If KC was an intern I take it all back. I thought he was always a paid guy though (but it's been 15 years.)

Wattsamatta
Feb 24, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

If KC was an intern I take it all back. I thought he was always a paid guy though (but it's been 15 years.)

KC definately started as an intern and was hired on later.

I miss his craziness so much. :(

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c__0ufWHs0

edit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsQGi_h6ag8

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

One of my brothers used to work with Gay Rich at another internship at a PR firm. Said he was a good guy, who never said much about the fact he was pretty much famous! He was interning at the show at the same time as this other place. My other brother knows High Pitch Mike. I'm the biggest fan of the three of us and the closest I've ever come to the show or its players is the time I stalked Robin's party at her beach house and took a bunch of photos from afar.

Then, the police chased us off.

:sigh:

Just curious...has anyone else met anyone on the show? The bitch of it is I live in the NYC area!

chiz
Sep 28, 2002

Kelly posted:

One of my brothers used to work with Gay Rich at another internship at a PR firm. Said he was a good guy, who never said much about the fact he was pretty much famous! He was interning at the show at the same time as this other place. My other brother knows High Pitch Mike. I'm the biggest fan of the three of us and the closest I've ever come to the show or its players is the time I stalked Robin's party at her beach house and took a bunch of photos from afar.

Then, the police chased us off.

:sigh:

Just curious...has anyone else met anyone on the show? The bitch of it is I live in the NYC area!

Hahahaha you did that? Oh man, nice.

Well, can you post any of the pics?

And no, I've never met anyone from the show but I hear that Gary vacations in the summer in a town close to me. As much of a douche he can be it would be cool to see someone from the show in real life.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

Kelly posted:

Just curious...has anyone else met anyone on the show?...

Well, we know for sure one goonette has "met" them all :quagmire:

It would have been cool to be around back in the day when they were always down on the street doing silly poo poo at the old studio.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

chiz posted:

Hahahaha you did that? Oh man, nice.

Well, can you post any of the pics?

And no, I've never met anyone from the show but I hear that Gary vacations in the summer in a town close to me. As much of a douche he can be it would be cool to see someone from the show in real life.

Surely...they are so far out though I bet you won't be able to tell who is who. :)

My husband the law enforcement officer was so annoyed with me this day. I was telling him to flash the badge so we could stay but he refused. He's one of those annoying people with "morals" and "ethics." :argh:

Okay - far right is Gary and his wife walking in. You can't see 'em well, but it's them, promise! You can see her boat on the left and the jet ski too. It's a really, really nice house. It is on a dead end, which makes trying to check it out awkward as hell. It's on a lagoon on the bay side.

Sal is to the left of the jet ski in the white-ish shirt and shorts.

Howard is the dude in the middle in the white pants.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Viktor posted:

There's a great image floating around an investor forum.

Thats the subscriber only channel with a max of 330 concurrent listeners in the past month from ONE server. There's a possible max of 5 servers in the BTLS/RadioIO cluster that stream from so they are in some serious trouble.

okay so 67 * 5 = 335 possible, assuming equal load balance?

somehow I feel that's "about right" for RadioIO, though they're probably expecting billions.

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

-Atom- posted:

Medicated Pete was always funny.

Why must you turn this in to a thread of lies??

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Medicate Pete was funny when he worked there. It was kind of pitiful the last time they had him in.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Kelly posted:

Surely...they are so far out though I bet you won't be able to tell who is who. :)

My husband the law enforcement officer was so annoyed with me this day. I was telling him to flash the badge so we could stay but he refused. He's one of those annoying people with "morals" and "ethics." :argh:

Okay - far right is Gary and his wife walking in. You can't see 'em well, but it's them, promise! You can see her boat on the left and the jet ski too. It's a really, really nice house. It is on a dead end, which makes trying to check it out awkward as hell. It's on a lagoon on the bay side.

Sal is to the left of the jet ski in the white-ish shirt and shorts.

Howard is the dude in the middle in the white pants.

I gotta say I pictured Robin's boat as being bigger than that. That's a glorified ski boat, I was picturing more of a mini-yacht.

I've met quite a few people who have appeared on the show over the years but never any of the principals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Kelly posted:

Medicate Pete was funny when he worked there. It was kind of pitiful the last time they had him in.

I have to disagree, but whatever, no worries. (Mini-Sperg) I just found him to be completely uninteresting, aside from being "medicated" he is just another random intern that was on the show. Nothing really stood out about him. At least JD is a complete social misfit, and makes for some decent radio once in a while. But hey, thats just my opinion.