Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

That Awful Nick posted:

It's just a little too weird to picture people getting nasty with an orange cat-person.

Yeah. Maybe.

...For a heteronormative monospeciel bigot.

Your not going to stop me from drawing my Hutt/Rancor foot worship fetish series no matter how much of your hate you throw at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009
but Hutts don't even have feet...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Chairman Capone posted:

The Clone Wars has at least two instances of this. Including Human-Twi'lek hybrids.

I've seen that episode and it doesn't make sense for it to be his kid anyway. The Clone Wars didn't last long enough for a kid of 7-8 to be born and grow up while it's still going on.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, as there are known instances of it, it's just fairly rare.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Subspecies

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Here's a human hybrid character.

I can't think of any that cross wildly different morphologies, though. I'm sure someone else has a link to disprove that.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Teek posted:

I've seen that episode and it doesn't make sense for it to be his kid anyway. The Clone Wars didn't last long enough for a kid of 7-8 to be born and grow up while it's still going on.

As I understand it, the string of Lucasfilm explanations was originally that they were his kids; then became that they were full-blooded Twi'leks and he was just stepdad; and finally, he's still just their stepdad but they're also half-Human, from a previous human husband the Twi'lek woman had. Not sure why that was so important to establish but hey, it's Lucasfilm.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Sunshine89 posted:

Not everyone has a foot fetish. And some people are attracted to assholes in power. Which fits Jabba pretty well...

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Sunshine89 posted:

But Rancors do... :gonk:

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
I always thought there was a healthy inter-species sex trade in Star Wars, what with all the Twi'lek (and other assorted) whores.

For some specific examples, there's Jabba and his various slaves, Bobba Fett chatting up some of said slaves at the start of RotJ, Vogga the Hut in KotOR preferring 'unwrinkled humans', various Twi'leks in the same chatting up the human characters (with strong suggestions), suggestions of The Exile getting it on with a Miraluka, an entire planet of sex fiends and of course Captain Goat-fucker.

As for the lack of half-breeds, I just assumed that very few species would be genetically compatible.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

to paraphrase Captain Goatfucker himself here from one of the x-wing books (isards revenge?) "As far as we are concerned Tab A fits into slot B and we intend to be happily married, However as certain people have maliciously/sympathetically informed us we cannot have kids so instead we are going to adopt a couple of human kids and a couple of bothan kids and raise them together"

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
Never forget that Corran Horn hosed an otter.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sunshine89 posted:

Pseudopodia :eng101:

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
Apparently most of the near-human species were interfertile, coming from the same original genetic stock in remote antiquity, Trek-style. However, just having a vaguely humanoid body plan doesn't make you a near-human. Also, Wookipedia is a chamber of horrors.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This thread is suddenly starting to deserve it's title.

And now to contribute my own annoying sperg...is anyone else not happy about the cover for the complete Blu-ray set?

http://www.starwars.com/movies/saga/bluraymay4/index.html

"You know that Star Wars series you love? Well, we feel that if the series could be summed up in one image, it would be of kid Anakin, with Luke a mere shadow. Because gently caress the OT, Jake Lloyd IS Star Wars."

It's hardly important, I'm just rather surprised the cover is so heavily Jake Lloyd, and barely OT at all.

edit: I also just noticed the set for only the OT barely has Luke on the cover. His image is as big as one of the Sand People, for God's sake. And smaller than the Emperor. Strange choices.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 2, 2011

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

thrawn527 posted:

This thread is suddenly starting to deserve it's title.

And now to contribute my own annoying sperg...is anyone else not happy about the cover for the complete Blu-ray set?

http://www.starwars.com/movies/saga/bluraymay4/index.html

"You know that Star Wars series you love? Well, we feel that if the series could be summed up in one image, it would be of kid Anakin, with Luke a mere shadow. Because gently caress the OT, Jake Lloyd IS Star Wars."

It's hardly important, I'm just rather surprised the cover is so heavily Jake Lloyd, and barely OT at all.

edit: I also just noticed the set for only the OT trilogy barely has Luke on the cover. His image is as big as one of the Sand People, for God's sake. And smaller than the Emperor. Strange choices.
I agree. They're terrible.

I had to go back for another look before I even saw any of the main characters (barring Vader).

Is Lucas actually trying to bury the OT and set the PT up as definitive Star Wars now? Is that what we're heading for?

Will next years May 4th announcement be a remake of the OT with Jake Lloyd as Luke?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Late to the sex chat, but didn't the Jedi with the greatest name ever, Kit Fisto, have a thing going on with Blue Cleavage Jedi Aayla Secura? I'd tap that blue business!

DrWhom
Jul 16, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Late to the sex chat, but didn't the Jedi with the greatest name ever, Kit Fisto, have a thing going on with Blue Cleavage Jedi Aayla Secura? I'd tap that blue business!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura

:stare:
I know Wookiepedia has far creepier poo poo than this, but a super close up of some actress' belly button is really loving weird.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I also agree that Blueray cover is one more insult of many.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE
Consensus amongst a huge portion of your fan base that you should never have used an actor? Feature him on the cover of your Blu Ray release.

They should have used:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

I also agree that Blueray cover is one more insult of many.
I think the cover works pretty well, as it does sort of point out that Anakin is the beginning of the series towards Luke, which is the end of the films.

Although now that I think about it, it should arguably be Luke walking forwards with a faded Vader striding to the distance.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

The cover for the Episodes IV-VI set is pretty decent, and that's the only one I'll be buying anyway. I think it works well. Reminds me of the old McQuarray art.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Azzmo posted:

They should have used:

Oh, good. We haven't had one of those pics show up here for awhile. I've got several favorites saved from the insane monstrosity of a thread that came from.

I'll dole out others from time to time when things get dull around here.

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!
Oh PLEASE post more, I am dying here.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

That Awful Nick posted:

The cover for the Episodes IV-VI set is pretty decent, and that's the only one I'll be buying anyway. I think it works well. Reminds me of the old McQuarray art.

I was going to buy the OT set, but apparently they won't have any of the new special features/docs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think I might buy the sealed letterboxed VHS, take a picture of myself with it, and send it to Jorge. Not like he gives a gently caress, but getting on his nerves would be well worth it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Bene Elim posted:

Is Lucas actually trying to bury the OT and set the PT up as definitive Star Wars now? Is that what we're heading for?

Honestly, I think he really does believe it's better, and that's not just something he's said for whatever reason.

DrWhom posted:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura

I know Wookiepedia has far creepier poo poo than this, but a super close up of some actress' belly button is really loving weird.

I don't think I'd want to know what could be creepier.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Nucleic Acids posted:

I don't think I'd want to know what could be creepier.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zulirian_Swordmasters

quote:

The Zulirian Swordmasters were a group of blade wielding sword collectors who were founded on the planet Zuliria by Ther-das. As time went on, the group members discovered that they were gifted 'swordsmen' and combatants. Less than one year after being founded, they altered their original mission from 'collecting' to using their knowledge to become vigilantes and began showing a trend of attacking unarmed enemies.[1]

quote:

Raftican wrote a report for the Task Force on Alliance Security about the Zulirian Swordmasters. In it, she noted that the Swordmasters had been simple lovers of datafiles before turning to fencing and that their move to swordplay was calculated to garner attention. Nevertheless, she cautioned that they deserved to be considered a threat, even though that was exactly what they were looking for.

So they literally started cutting people with space-katanas after watching too much hologram anime. Got it. I guess even the Star Wars universe has its neckbeards (or scalebeards and tentaclebeards).

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Jun 3, 2011

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Also, just in case you thought Star Wars only got creepy in the past decade, this is from 1988:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

yronic heroism posted:

Also, just in case you thought Star Wars only got creepy in the past decade, this is from 1988:

This is serial killer poo poo right here.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

yronic heroism posted:

Burn it send it back to hell!!

RedTeam
Feb 5, 2011

SHAZAM!
There's so much going on there.
It's like the unholy bastard offspring of Winnie the Pooh, that rabbit from Donnie Darko, an alien and a fat man in a baby suit.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

No, seriously, you guys, bringing back Darth Maul is completely retarded! There is no conceivable way Maul can add anything to the story arc as things are now, and he can't even have his own character arc because he is not a character! I mean, I don't mean to keep harping on this, but I really think

yronic heroism posted:

Okay, forget whatever I was just sperging about, just make this go away.

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

yronic heroism posted:

I would watch a 2 hour movie of nothing but Stormtroopers murdering these things. Jesus, it's like something out of a really terrifying shock-horror film. Purge the Jedi? gently caress that. Purge THOSE THINGS.

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!

yronic heroism posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and guess Ewok with mange.

Scratch that. I'm just going to ignore whatever that article says and just assume Ewok with mange is what's actually going on there.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica

yronic heroism posted:

Someone is going to a write an EU novel where a humanoid has sex with this.

NeonTurtle
Sep 24, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT SUPPORTING GENOCIDE

Locutus of Bald posted:

Someone is going to a write an EU novel where a humanoid has sex with this.

It already happened in "Bib Fortuna and the Rise of the Dark Falls." Mon Mothma get totally trashed during the party after the Battle of Endor and wakes up the next morning in bed with one of those things.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Crowetron posted:

And they said Darth LightsaberKnees was the bogeyman.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

According to Wookiepedia, Troy Denning created the hairless rape bears for the Star Wars Roleplaying game in 89. So thanks, Troy.

Edit: They apparently also appear in one of Allston's Wraith Squadron books. Which is weird, because I don't remember anyone making GBS threads themselves in terror in Solo Command.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.
Along the same lines, but just to detract from the PedoBilars for a moment...