Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello

DRP Solved! posted:

How long after you started using the ring did you notice these crying spells? People will often blame "Hormones!!!" as the cause of a new problem, but keep in mind that the association could be completely coincidental. Are there any new stresses in your life? Any personal or family history of depression or any other mood disorders? Mental health disorders (e.g. depression, anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, etc) affect 1 in 5 people every year, but it's often overlooked.

I hope that didn't scare you, but the ring is probably not to blame. Talk to your doctor about your issues with your mood!

I get most weepy right before and after my period, and I never had issues with my mood during that time before. No family depression or anything like that in my family. I actually started having mood swings and stuff about five months in, and it's been getting a little worse lately.

I'm thinking Implanon might be a good choice, but then it's a huge hassle/expense if it doesn't work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

bobula posted:

I'm thinking Implanon might be a good choice, but then it's a huge hassle/expense if it doesn't work out.

Cost depends on your insurance coverage (mine was free :woop: ), not sure about going through PP. From what others have said in this thread, I think it can run upwards of $200-300.

The biggest hassle for me was scheduling my appointment with someone who was certified to do the implant. The actual procedure is super quick, as is removal (I'm on my second consecutive Implanon). And if it really doesn't work out for you, there are no residual hormones after you get it removed.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Be sure to cross check the actual hormones used in the ring and in Implanon. And talking to your doctor or even an advice nurse about your reactions on the ring is a smart idea before doing anything. :)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
They're both progesterone-only, but different types of progesterone.

However, the only major side effect I've noticed on Implanon (I'm also on my second) is...I cry more easily. I don't get upset more easily, but I start crying when I'm less upset than it would usually take for me to cry. Obviously everyone reacts differently, and Implanon does have the benefit of a steady dosage without any ups and downs -- but crying is literally the only negative side effect it's given me, so I thought it was worth saying something.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I read most of the OP and tried to skim the rest of the thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I just missed it.

My girlfriend went on the Implanon thing about 3 months ago. She hasn't stopped bleeding (a little) ever since, has been experiencing bad cramps, and has had weirder than usual moods. I say weirder than usual because she's bipolar (and is medicated for it). One of the reasons she chose Implanon was that it's not supposed to interact with her bipolar meds (lithium and something else which I unfortuantely can't remember). She can't take several of the oral hormonal pills because they interfere with her medication and / or exacerbate her bipolar disorder.

Since the negative side effects haven't been improving, she's going to talk to her doc about having the implant removed, which I'm fine with since it's obviously causing her problems. She's brought up diaphragms as an alternative, but I'm not confident that it's an effective enough method. I don't mind using condoms at all, but she dislikes them.

What about an IUD? She's wary of having a thing implanted in her uterus (which I totally understand), but I think she's a bit too wary - I was of the understanding that the ones that caused lots of problems were quite old and not used these days, and were never used in Australia anyway. The copper ones seem pretty awesome from what I've read (in the "managing contraception" PDF linked in this thread).

Am I correct that the risks involved with a copper IUD are extremely small, and that it would be eminently suitable for a woman for whom hormonal birth control is an issue? I'm talking to her about it tonight / this weekend, but we're both going to research it for a week (including her talking to the doctor) before a decision is made about what to do.

Of course, the final choice is hers, but she wants me to be involved in the process.

JustinMorgan
Apr 27, 2010

AlphaDog posted:

Am I correct that the risks involved with a copper IUD are extremely small, and that it would be eminently suitable for a woman for whom hormonal birth control is an issue? I'm talking to her about it tonight / this weekend, but we're both going to research it for a week (including her talking to the doctor) before a decision is made about what to do.

I have the copper IUD and it's great. I was slowly going crazy on hormones as well. After trying 3 different pills and the ring I got the Paraguard IUD and I've loved it. I did my research beforehand and you're right, the risks are very small. Usually perforation or expulsion, which, if they're going to happen, happen nearly right away. I don't remember the exact percentage chance of that happening, but it's low.

I love being hormone free. (I think my boyfriend likes this as well) I like that I'm not crying, freaking out, having mood swings, etc over nothing. The only problem I've had is the fact it made my period super heavy and crampy. Which may be a problem for you as well if Implanon is giving you a never ending period. It's all a matter of what you're personally willing to deal with to stay baby free.

say
Apr 20, 2009
I just got first injection of the Depo shot yesterday, under recommendation from my doctor. The pills just weren't working out for me, so maybe this form of birth control will mesh better with my lifestyle. I will admit that I'm a little nervous about the weight gain side effect, though. I'm comfortable with my body as it is now, and would prefer not to gain too many pounds. If you're on Depo/have been on it, how much weight gain did you experience? Will continuing to exercise daily and not eating like a pig counter the effects? :ohdear:

bobula
Jul 3, 2007
a guy hello
Does Mirena have less hormones than Implanon? After doing a lot of reading, I'm now leaning towards an IUD but am trying to figure out Mirena vs Paragard.

I can't really handle constant bleeding/cramps like I've heard is a side effect of Paragard, but if Mirena has the same amount/kind of hormones as Nuvaring it probably wouldn't be a good choice to go with that.
I see it has the same mood effects as the ring, but did a higher or lower percentage of whatever group they were testing have those effects?

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

AlphaDog posted:

Of course, the final choice is hers, but she wants me to be involved in the process.

I also have a copper IUD, I've had it for aboout four years now. The risks are small, and are extremely rare if you get the insertion done by someone with practice. The risk of expulsion is a bit higher if you've never had kids, though it's still admirably low. I got mine inserted when I was 17 and haven't had any trouble with it, other than the expected bleeding/cramping. I even use a menstrual cup with it because my strings were cut short enough to not get in the way.

The cramping and bleeding was pretty extreme. I had had long periods most of my teenage life (think a week+ of bleeding and then three or four days of spotting at each end), and they got heavier and crampier on the copper IUD. I'd have to stuff myself with ibuprofen and cuddle a hot water bottle. After about two years they suddenly turned very short, and I only got minor cramps at the beginning and end. Many women only have the cramping and extra bleeding for a few months before things return to normal.

Many women find the bleeding and cramping to be a dealbreaker, but I absolutely love my copper IUD and I'll probably use copper IUDs for the rest of my life, even with the inconvenience of heavy periods.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Yes, Mirena has a very small quantity of hormones. It works by being a thing in your uterus as well as by means of the hormones, and it's local so it's a much smaller amount. It uses different hormones from the Nuvaring & Implanon. I can't find a source for how much hormone any of them releases, but it is pretty clear that Mirena has less.

eta:

AlphaDog posted:

IUDs now are much, much safer than they were in the 70's, when there was a big to-do about one that was bad. It sounds like a copper IUD would be really good for her, but one thing to keep in mind is that it can cause heavy bleeding & harder cramps. I have a Mirena and I love it, and it's pretty much taken away my period. If that hormone (levonorgestrel) is allowable for her, it might be a good choice. If she has any questions at all or just wants testimonials, please feel free to ask in here :)

eta again: I just found a list of things that interact with Mirena if you decide to look into it:
click me

Eggplant Wizard fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 3, 2011

VoodooSchmoodoo
Sep 15, 2007

What's that there, then? Oh.

NaturalLow posted:

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way, but do you want children at all in the future? If not, there's always the option of something like a tubal ligation or Essure. Both of those are non-hormonal if a permanent form of birth control is an option for you. And you might have better luck convincing a doctor to do it since you're in your thirties.

I'm having a hard time coming up with any completely non-hormonal methods other than what you mentioned already unfortunately. :(

I wonder if that might be the best option for me, though it's sad to resort to something so extreme. I mostly don't want to have children, but I'm not 100% (well, I've already put it off this long!). I'm going to have to have a looong think about it.

I think what I'll do in the interim is perhaps consider using emergency contraception as back up (to condoms). A day or two of potential sickness compared to a near constant state of panic/anxiety seems preferable. It's probably a bit unconventional, but I don't know what else to do.

I just need to screw up my courage to stop taking them. My lovely hair!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
I've been following this thread and wanted to ask if it's common, or at least not unheard of to take the pill to control your period while you had something else like the IUD or Implanon. I think I've seen a few people mention it.

I'm about to get pretty decent insurance and I really want to step up my BC game. I just don't feel as confident with the pill (though I've never missed one in 8 years!) and would like something more long term and more confidence inducing.

But as I've mentioned earlier in the thread, 8 years of pill use has pretty much wiped out my period. A day and half of spotting at best. Not only is that awesome, the work I do would make going back to a heavy period just plain awful. I have no access to bathrooms out there. I've thought about the divacup, but I'd just rather not go back to period days at all.

I know it seems stupic to take the pill AND have something else, but I cannot go back to period-land.

Although, with the new insurance, I'm going to try to get Essure/ligation first.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte
Don't use more than one method of hormonal birth control at a time, for heaven's sake.

If you end up needing something a little less permanent than Essure or similar, Mirena would be a good choice for you. My "periods" now consist of about a teaspoon of actual liquid and then bloody boogers for a couple of days. Using the divacup makes it go away faster I think because it catches the boogers before they dry out, so they don't just linger for days.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
No, there are people who use more than one kind of hormonal birth control. Obviously you need the say-so of a doctor who knows what s/he's doing, but it's not the end of the world.

Amenorrhea is a common, although definitely not guaranteed, side effect of Implanon. Irregular spotting at first is common, so you could possibly stay on a pill to combat that, and then go off it to see whether you're one of the women who winds up not having a period on Implanon (I'm one of them and I love it!).

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011
I was actually also curious about the 2 birth controls thing except I'd be facing it from the other side and one of mine isn't hormonal. I have a copper IUD and am worried that once all the tests for this hair falling out stuff come in that they're going to say that being on the pill might help and try to take my IUD. I don't trust the pill because I don't have the greatest memory. I was on it for a few months a few years ago and although I never missed one, I worried that I might a lot of the time.

They won't make me get rid of my non-hormonal IUD so they can hormonally treat my hair loss, will they?

Bagleworm
Aug 15, 2007
I has your rocks

Geolicious posted:

I've been following this thread and wanted to ask if it's common, or at least not unheard of to take the pill to control your period while you had something else like the IUD or Implanon. I think I've seen a few people mention it.

I've certainly heard of it, but it's generally a short-term thing (a few months). It's usually to coax your body into not being stupid (e.g. to stop 25/7 breakthrough bleeding), and a few months seems to be all most women need to sort that stuff out.

chapstickie posted:

They won't make me get rid of my non-hormonal IUD so they can hormonally treat my hair loss, will they?

No. The only way I could see them doing that was if they wanted to treat with a hormonal IUD, which I've never heard of. I think it needs to contain estrogen to be effective against things like that, and the hormonal IUD has only progestin.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

chapstickie posted:

I was actually also curious about the 2 birth controls thing except I'd be facing it from the other side and one of mine isn't hormonal. I have a copper IUD and am worried that once all the tests for this hair falling out stuff come in that they're going to say that being on the pill might help and try to take my IUD. I don't trust the pill because I don't have the greatest memory. I was on it for a few months a few years ago and although I never missed one, I worried that I might a lot of the time.

Unless they think the IUD has something to do with the hair loss, I don't really see why they would remove it to treat the condition. Since the copper IUD is non-hormonal, taking a pill probably wouldn't be any different for you than it would be for any other woman who switches from her natural cycle to the pill so I can't see a reason to remove it there either.

I'm not a doctor though, just my best guess.

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011
Ok. That's comforting. I like my IUD. It's so effortless!

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
As it turns out, weirdly enough, my old gyno from VA now practices in Carson City. So, as soon as my insurance kicks in, I think I will set up with him. I liked him a lot and he seems like he thinks women can be trusted with their own bodies.

I want Mirena. I have since I first heard about it. But I am facing resistance about it from every doc I've asked. If this doc won't, then I might try PP about it. Mirena just seems like the best option for me, aside from sterilization. I just need to find someone who knows a 29 year old (nearly) is totally capable of making those decisions for herself.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
After a year, I'm having to have my Implanon out and go back on Microgynon. I'm gutted about it, the implant was perfect for months and then I just started bleeding all the time in March. Argh. I'm fine with taking pills but drat, the total lack of periods was so good while it lasted... Anyway, with that mini-rant over, how bad is having the implant taken out compared with it going in? Having it done was really loving unpleasant so I'm worried, and if it's gonna hurt more then I want to mentally prepare myself for that. I'm such a wuss!

Oh, and I've started the pill already (doc said it was fine) - anyone else had experience with this sort of thing regarding changes in mood etc? I know it's very dependent upon the person, but again I want to be aware of any potential side-effects. I'm two days in and there's been no change but I don't want it to suddenly hit me in a couple of days or so.

Bollock Monkey fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 5, 2011

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Geolicious posted:

As it turns out, weirdly enough, my old gyno from VA now practices in Carson City. So, as soon as my insurance kicks in, I think I will set up with him. I liked him a lot and he seems like he thinks women can be trusted with their own bodies.

That's really awesome and convenient.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

That's really awesome and convenient.

I know it has to be him. A) I was told a few years ago he moved to NV and B) he has a very odd last name (and the same first name).

He's the only male gyno I've seen that did not make me feel just super awkward.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Bollock Monkey posted:

After a year, I'm having to have my Implanon out and go back on Microgynon. I'm gutted about it, the implant was perfect for months and then I just started bleeding all the time in March. Argh. I'm fine with taking pills but drat, the total lack of periods was so good while it lasted... Anyway, with that mini-rant over, how bad is having the implant taken out compared with it going in? Having it done was really loving unpleasant so I'm worried, and if it's gonna hurt more then I want to mentally prepare myself for that. I'm such a wuss!

Oh, and I've started the pill already (doc said it was fine) - anyone else had experience with this sort of thing regarding changes in mood etc? I know it's very dependent upon the person, but again I want to be aware of any potential side-effects. I'm two days in and there's been no change but I don't want it to suddenly hit me in a couple of days or so.

The worst pain with insertion/removal should be the numbing shots. You shouldn't feel anything else except pressure as they put it in or take it out. When I had my first Implanon removed and the new one put it, it only took about 10 minutes altogether, including the numbing beforehand and arm-wrapping afterwards.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.
I feel dumb as hell asking this. I've been on depo on/off for the last couple of years. I decided to switch to nuvaring for various reasons. Im not used to having to think about my birth control (I'm not currently having sex with anyone, nor do I plan to anytime soon) and I can't figure out if I'm supposed to take it out this friday or if I was supposed to take it out last friday (two days ago).

I put the ring in on 5/13 and I have a feeling I'm supposed to have taken it out on Friday. If so, how bad is it that I haven't?

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009

2508084 posted:

I feel dumb as hell asking this. I've been on depo on/off for the last couple of years. I decided to switch to nuvaring for various reasons. Im not used to having to think about my birth control (I'm not currently having sex with anyone, nor do I plan to anytime soon) and I can't figure out if I'm supposed to take it out this friday or if I was supposed to take it out last friday (two days ago).

I put the ring in on 5/13 and I have a feeling I'm supposed to have taken it out on Friday. If so, how bad is it that I haven't?

It shouldn't cause you any issues. The Nuvaring has enough hormones in it to last about 4 weeks (for those continuous cyclers). You can either keep it in until next Friday or take it out now and put it in again at the same scheduled time (which I'm guessing is Friday June 10th for you).

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

DRP Solved! posted:

It shouldn't cause you any issues. The Nuvaring has enough hormones in it to last about 4 weeks (for those continuous cyclers). You can either keep it in until next Friday or take it out now and put it in again at the same scheduled time (which I'm guessing is Friday June 10th for you).

Ok, thanks. I have to put this in my google calendar.

Minnesota Nice.
Sep 1, 2008
And miles to go before I sleep.

say posted:

I just got first injection of the Depo shot yesterday, under recommendation from my doctor. The pills just weren't working out for me, so maybe this form of birth control will mesh better with my lifestyle. I will admit that I'm a little nervous about the weight gain side effect, though. I'm comfortable with my body as it is now, and would prefer not to gain too many pounds. If you're on Depo/have been on it, how much weight gain did you experience? Will continuing to exercise daily and not eating like a pig counter the effects? :ohdear:

Not to freak you out, but I gained a lot of weight on it. A lot. Which is why I ended up not doing depo anymore. It was a long time ago...not sure if they've adjusted anything since then, but I doubt it.

Minnesota Nice.
Sep 1, 2008

Bollock Monkey posted:

After a year, I'm having to have my Implanon out and go back on Microgynon...

I'm having mine taken out for the same reason tomorrow. =(

I guess I'm going to give my body a couple months' rest from BC, and then I have a consultation in July for Essure.

Which brings me to the content part of my post...

I was more or less told by my gyno that having a kid isn't really in the cards for me. I've always had a feeling, and I've never really had an overwhelming urge to have kids. As far as I know, I'm perfectly capable of conceiving them...but I have a bicornuate uterus and a kidney disease, and those things combined would make me high-risk. She said the bicornuate uterus makes me highly likely to have an ectopic pregnancy or pre-term labor. I will be taking the steps for the Essure process soon.

Here's the weird thing: I'm 32, and like I said, the urge to be a mother has never really been there. But for some reason, when I was told that I probably shouldn't have kids, it made a little sad. I guess I understand why, but still. Has anyone else here dealt with that? It doesn't create doubt that I want to do the Essure...but it does create this strange sadness, like I'm at the end of an era or something like that. A door has been closed to me that I never wanted opened.

My friend said I should get some of my eggs frozen or whatever, but I know I cannot afford that. Thoughts?

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

Skywriter posted:

I'm having mine taken out for the same reason tomorrow. =(

I guess I'm going to give my body a couple months' rest from BC, and then I have a consultation in July for Essure.

Which brings me to the content part of my post...

I was more or less told by my gyno that having a kid isn't really in the cards for me. I've always had a feeling, and I've never really had an overwhelming urge to have kids. As far as I know, I'm perfectly capable of conceiving them...but I have a bicornuate uterus and a kidney disease, and those things combined would make me high-risk. She said the bicornuate uterus makes me highly likely to have an ectopic pregnancy or pre-term labor. I will be taking the steps for the Essure process soon.

Here's the weird thing: I'm 32, and like I said, the urge to be a mother has never really been there. But for some reason, when I was told that I probably shouldn't have kids, it made a little sad. I guess I understand why, but still. Has anyone else here dealt with that? It doesn't create doubt that I want to do the Essure...but it does create this strange sadness, like I'm at the end of an era or something like that. A door has been closed to me that I never wanted opened.

My friend said I should get some of my eggs frozen or whatever, but I know I cannot afford that. Thoughts?

You could remember that adoption is probably an option for you. If it is true that having a child yourself would be dangerous, then adopting might be a better idea anyway.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Anyone have any bad experiences with Nuvaring? despite my girlfriend being off the Devil's Ring for a few months now, her libido is still all out of whack and it's almost always really painful for her. When the hell does this poo poo stop? Is there any kind of natural remedy?

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Anyone have any bad experiences with Nuvaring? despite my girlfriend being off the Devil's Ring for a few months now, her libido is still all out of whack and it's almost always really painful for her. When the hell does this poo poo stop? Is there any kind of natural remedy?

Plenty have, but their experiences are irrelevant to your girlfriend's. She's probably still adjusting to going off hormones, but if symptoms persist or they're generally unbearable she should probably see her gynecologist.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Poor little kittens, they've lost their mittens! And now they shan't have pie :(
Uh, so guys? How do I take the Nuva Ring out and what is it supposed to feel like after spending 3+ weeks in your vagina? I can't seem to find it? Could it be expulsed without me knowing?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

rainbow kittens posted:

Uh, so guys? How do I take the Nuva Ring out and what is it supposed to feel like after spending 3+ weeks in your vagina? I can't seem to find it? Could it be expulsed without me knowing?

Reach waaaayyyy up there. I actually noted how much easier it was to pull it out (i had it when I was like 17) now that I have an acryllic manicure, but I'm still full-finger-deep while pulling it out (did it earlier thanks to this thread :j:). I think the chances of it just falling out (esp without your knowledge) is pretty low.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

Poor little kittens, they've lost their mittens! And now they shan't have pie :(

2508084 posted:

Reach waaaayyyy up there. I actually noted how much easier it was to pull it out (i had it when I was like 17) now that I have an acryllic manicure, but I'm still full-finger-deep while pulling it out (did it earlier thanks to this thread :j:). I think the chances of it just falling out (esp without your knowledge) is pretty low.

Oh god... how much further? I've got short fingers! I was thinking that I would notice if it fell out... but I was also hoping it wouldn't be so far back!

Should I tie a string to it next month? Haha

say
Apr 20, 2009

Skywriter posted:

Not to freak you out, but I gained a lot of weight on it. A lot. Which is why I ended up not doing depo anymore. It was a long time ago...not sure if they've adjusted anything since then, but I doubt it.

Yeah, that's what I've started to gather from my research. I'm going to try it for these first three months and I may or may not continue depending on how things go. I never did gain weight on any of my other types of birth control, so maybe this will be the same. So far I've definitely had increased appetite, but I haven't given in to it. Thank you for being honest!

Another thing I've noticed is kind of weird, though. My urine has a distinctly stronger smell since getting the shot. I'm not sure if that's normal for Depo or not, but I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere else. I know abnormal urine smell can usually be a symptom of some serious issues, but I feel absolutely fine. Has anyone else experienced this change?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

rainbow kittens posted:

Oh god... how much further? I've got short fingers! I was thinking that I would notice if it fell out... but I was also hoping it wouldn't be so far back!
Should I tie a string to it next month? Haha

That's not a bad idea actually. I always feel like I'm this close to fisting myself trying to get it out. It gets way up there.

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

2508084 posted:

That's not a bad idea actually. I always feel like I'm this close to fisting myself trying to get it out. It gets way up there.

And does it feel pretty much the same as it did when you first put it up there? Like, solid? About the same thickness?

Edit: My problem too is that while I've had SOME sex, I haven't had a whole lot (and not even since 2009), and so I'm quite tight.

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

rainbow kittens posted:

And does it feel pretty much the same as it did when you first put it up there? Like, solid? About the same thickness?

Edit: My problem too is that while I've had SOME sex, I haven't had a whole lot (and not even since 2009), and so I'm quite tight.
Yeah its exactly the same going out as it is going in. It's solid and plastic-y.

I have the same tightness issue. It's a treasure hunt, dig in.

All else fails, go to a gyno tomorrow and have them take a look

rainbow kittens
Jan 20, 2006

2508084 posted:

Yeah its exactly the same going out as it is going in. It's solid and plastic-y.

I have the same tightness issue. It's a treasure hunt, dig in.

All else fails, go to a gyno tomorrow and have them take a look

Well, in knowing that it was REALLY far back, and after reading a few other message forums with advice on how to shorten the vagina, I thought I'd let you know that Operation Remove NuvaRing has been a success!

Though I had to do it doggy style and now feel thoroughly manhandled :(

I think I'll be getting some latex gloves for next time. I keep my nails short, but I had to really dig in to latch on to the ring. The only finger long enough to reach that far back was my middle finger, and I'm really too tight for two fingers.

...things I never thought I'd post on the internet...

I must say that the past month ON the NuvaRing has been fantastic, though! My acne is clearing up, absolutely no spotting (gently caress Seasonale) and if the worst part is the removal, I think I can deal with it! What a breeze!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

like he's an Italian.

rainbow kittens posted:

Well, in knowing that it was REALLY far back, and after reading a few other message forums with advice on how to shorten the vagina, I thought I'd let you know that Operation Remove NuvaRing has been a success!

Though I had to do it doggy style and now feel thoroughly manhandled :(

I think I'll be getting some latex gloves for next time. I keep my nails short, but I had to really dig in to latch on to the ring. The only finger long enough to reach that far back was my middle finger,

I always use my middle finger, as its the longest. I've never used two fingers to get it out. Tie a cotton piece of string to it next time, I cant see how that would hurt and it'd make your life easier.

• Locked thread