Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.

Lackadaisical posted:

I picked up my tickets to my graduation today :dance: After the past few years I've had and everything that has happened, I thought this day would never come. I had honestly lost hope I'd ever graduate college.

But now it's only 23 days away and I have the tickets for my family to prove it! :)

Congrats! I'm also less than a month away from graduating... it feels so good :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Had a job interview for a decent job in a highly rated company, and it went SUPER well. Fingers crossed I get good news from them in a few days.

:f5:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
Just recieved state approval for my criminal record to be expunged! :dance::slick::snoop::sonia:
Also, the world didn't end.:toot:

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Reset_Smith posted:

The world didn't end.:toot:

This.

Also, I'm loving getting somewhere with this essay. It's such a great feeling when you're finally off your rear end and doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Landerig
Oct 27, 2008

by Fistgrrl
For being the day the world was supposed to end, I had a pretty good day! The highlight was replacing the brake calipers and pads on my truck, and apparently not loving it up at all despite no previous experience!

Heard a good song on the radio too. Bonus.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Drank heavily last night, woke up with a negligible hangover today.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Got to talk to my girl and had a nice conversation with my Mum's cousin. Also yesterday I went to see my younger cousin who'd just broken up with her boyfriend of three years. I took her to the pub, we sat talking for a couple of hours and when I got home I had a message from my aunty saying that my cuz was really happy I'd spent the day with her and cheered her up. So I'm gonna make it my aim to see her more :3:

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
About to leave for the first metal show I've been to in ages. Seems like I've missed so much good live music in my chonic poorness, but I'm finally getting back into it.

Also, a first date with a girl who likes craft beer with her metal. A beautiful mix, I must say. :black101:

Esmerelda
Dec 1, 2009
Not just today, the past few days.

This is "birthday weekend" in my family. My mom's was Friday, my brother-in-law's is today and mine is tomorrow.

Friday we had burritos and cake, opened up presents etc. I got the book I want and $30 worth of quarters for my laundry :woop:

Yesterday was movie and dinner with my mom, we didn't start arguing once. Then I went out with a friend of mine, we roamed around and found a toy store where we proceeded to put on silly hats and be stupid. This was followed by bourbon served by the cutest bartender ever. Oh, and I was crowned scrabble champion for the day :)

Today I woke up around noon with my cat curled up with me purring away. I've made a yummy sandwich, have a big steak waiting for dinner and have absolutely nothing else to do.

Tomorrow it's free food and happy hour. Tuesday is free drinks. Wednesday is board games and food for another friend's birthday. Life is pretty awesome and I have some really great friends.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My dog seems to be fully recovered from his neutering. My GF and I both agreed we'd do it but I still felt bad the day afterwards because he seemed so downtrodden, like he knew what we'd done.

Reset_Smith
Apr 9, 2009

It's SQUARE, motherfuck!
I was told by someone who looks good naked that I look good naked, too. I'm going to hang out and be naked for most of the morning. naked.

naked.

VVV See? Everyone is enjoying nakedness. VVV

Reset_Smith has a new favorite as of 17:56 on May 23, 2011

Aristurtle Records
Jun 9, 2006

live at random, live as best one can
I went swimming for the first time this summer. Nude beaches (well, pseudo riverside beach but w/e) rock. Perfect weather.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
Somebody bought me an avatar!!!
:dance: :swoon: :toot:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I got a call back for a really nice-sounding job I interviewed for last friday - second round interview today!

WOOO!

d3c0y2
Sep 29, 2009
I just found a store selling 6packs of lager for 1 pound. That's like 16pence a can.

gently caress me.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Last night, I was finally able to sleep on my side again after suffering a nasty groin pull this past weekend. Also, new doctor realized first doctor gave me a super-low dose of Vicodin, and upped my dosage in addition to giving me some muescle relaxant. I'm not normally a :catdrugs: guy, but...:catdrugs:

(And I finally get to use that emote. Today is a good day.)

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
One of the hardcore members at my gym just went into labor (not at the gym thank god), we've all been waiting for this baby for what seems like ages. Eeee a babby :3:

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This is AMAZING - I did a 2nd round interview for a job I really want yesterday, and they called bck a couple of hours ago to ofer me the contract!

Huzzah!!!!

The timeline was ridiculous:
- Sent in resume Monday last week
- got a call setting up an interview on the wednesday
- interviewed on friday
- They called to set up a 2nd round interview this monday
- interviewed on tuesday
- job offer today.

Wryx
May 25, 2011

The final exam that I expected to be really difficult ended up being really easy, meaning I didn't fail the course and don't have to take it again next year. I was really worried about not passing it, so it's a huge relief. :dance:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
My friends and I got bored and decided to try planking. It turned out to be uber fun.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My boss wasn't in today, so after a stressful week in the lab I'm heading out a little early to spend the weekend with my girlfriend :3:

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
I went for a college interview on Tuesday. I got a nice letter this morning informing me that I'd absolutely aced the interview. Adult education, here I come! :dance:

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I'm visiting Albuquerque, and asked someone in Old Town where I can get a good dose of red chile. He directed me to a place that was about a block away, but the route he had me take was quite odd. I followed it anyway, rounded a corner, and wound up meeting three Navajo Code Talkers and talking about history and heritage with them.

I'm not easily blown away, but I was just overwhelmed by these gentlemen.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
My Unemployment Appeal Hearing went great!

I may, just may, get money. :dance:

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I had the most delicious hot dog ever on my lunch break, and then scrubbed grime older than I am off the deep freezer. That motherfucker SPARKLES now.

I even took a picture, look at this beauty:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Got rid of a virus on my fiancee's computer and rescued her files - she was pretty torn up thinking that she had lost months of schoolwork before everything turned out successful.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit
Three day weekend :) Woke up this morning with my cat cuddled next to me.

I also found out that I got an almost perfect score on my last midterm for a class so I can just skip the final if I'm happy with a B+ in the class. :woop:

Echilon
Oct 20, 2006
I started my first day at my awesome new new job as lead developer and got a sketch for my blog.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
Very awesome day today.

Free lunch at work for a seminar.

My fiance's workplace was holding a contest to win a trip for two to Vegas. To enter employees would get tickets for volunteering to sandbag or help out at Winnipeg Harvest. We both volunteered so he got extra tickets for me too. And we won today!

Winnipeg got an NHL team again! Go Jets go!

Downtown is currently in gridlock because everyone is partying in the streets.

Tomorrow I have a job interview! After months of applying. Finally a chance to quit the job I hate.

And the photo of that beautiful hot dog, it brings tears to my eyes.

Barbie Badass
May 27, 2011
Got promoted to Assistant Manager at work :) I've been waiting for this for a long time! Also, my awesome boyfriend decided to surprise me at work and got to hear the news with me!

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
I was hiking with some Hotshots today and one of them made an anthropology joke about ancestral Puebloans putting in a pot dispensary.

It's like I'm living in a Dennis Miller monologue.

Oh, and today I stopped by a diner/post office because of all the weird secessionist signs on the building and discovered the pie shake. PIE SHAKE! A pie, and it's also a shake! Why is this not everywhere. Fortunately I paid attention while they were making it.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

AltoidsAddict posted:

I was hiking with some Hotshots today and one of them made an anthropology joke about ancestral Puebloans putting in a pot dispensary.

It's like I'm living in a Dennis Miller monologue.

Oh, and today I stopped by a diner/post office because of all the weird secessionist signs on the building and discovered the pie shake. PIE SHAKE! A pie, and it's also a shake! Why is this not everywhere. Fortunately I paid attention while they were making it.

The Chicago-area chain Portillo's has cake shakes- usually they're chocolate shake with chocolate cake, but when they run out of chocolate they make them vanilla with lemon cake.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Got signed to a record label after wanting and dreaming about it for around 10 or so years. Feels good man.

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

:) I get to go pick up my cap and gown today. This still feels unreal.

I decided to blow off everything today and stay in bed and rest! I can get that tomorrow but my day is officially even more awesome because I get to relax for the first time in a while! Woo!

Lackadaisical has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Jun 2, 2011

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

Got signed to a record label after wanting and dreaming about it for around 10 or so years. Feels good man.
Holy poo poo. Congrats! You should come back and post the awesome day when you get your first album released.

Also,

For my own content, I finally got a loving job today. It's pretty simple front-line computer support but after as long as I've been unemployed in a town that's dying, it's a really big deal that I didn't get stuck working in a gas station despite 10 years of IT experience.

I'll be making almost double minimum wage, having been guaranteed a full-time spot right off the bat because of said experience, instead of having to wait through 3-6 months of part-time like most of the new hires.

In short, hell loving yes.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Holy poo poo, my day's been awesome-

It finally cooled down over here so I didn't have my loud AC running and was actually able to sleep, I got my grades for this semester and got a B+ in a class I thought I was doing poorly in and I got a job interview on Monday to do file work at a nearby pediatrician's office.

The case I ordered for my phone just arrived and now I won't have a massive piece of silicone in my pocket superheating my leg all summer and the 2.3 update for the EVO is coming out in the next few days.

Now I'm going to go out and buy an expensive bottle of scotch!

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Just realized the typo in the thread title.
My day became awesome upon receiving a call for a job interview at a nice store that isn't fast food! :dance:

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

After being awake for almost three days straight, I got seriously drunk last night, passed out and slept for 12 straight hours.

:) I love the weekend.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
My dad came down with the Explorer to help me move the big poo poo (bookcase, armchair etc) out of my apartment into my new one, and I took him on a tour of downtown which ended up with us going day-drinking barhopping together, him meeting my roommate and also getting a tour of the lab I work in. I've been home for about an hour and still need time to sit off the booze before I go in because the hot bartender was working and made me a Girl Scout Cookie, and I was also able to peer-pressure my dad into getting a glass of the Patron coffee liqueur. Great day.

PERMACAV 50 has a new favorite as of 01:29 on Jun 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrykraut
Jul 23, 2004
I got to go to an Alumni crawfish boil with a group of friends. I am the only person who went to a school in Louisiana, so I got a kick out of introducing people to the experience. It was about 6hrs of eating and drinking in the sunshine interspersed with bocce and cornhole. Just a perfect afternoon.